- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lindsey reveals her secret. 

In the recent months since the Nuclear Reactor Meltdown, there had been numerous news stories about more and more people that had shrunk.  Many of whom, were scattered around the country.   Lindsey, had been one of them.  She used to be your average 5’7” country girl with fiery red hair and an average build.  Before the events of the nuclear reactor meltdown, people often said she looked like her mom, same build, same curly hair but her mother had jet black hair.  

 

Lindsey used to be an aspiring CNA before being shrunk.   Now she resorted to staying in her small apartment where she had her mom check up on her every so often.   Her roommate Stephanie was also in the medical field, but was a looking to be an X-Ray tech.  

 

Ever since Lindsey had shrunk, Stephanie sometimes still was clumsy and did not always check on Lindsey.   Even after a long shift Lindsey would have to watch out for Stephanies heavy footfalls as she walked to her room in the apartment.  Most of the time though, everything went as planned for the most part.  

 

On a random Thursday afternoon though Lindsey was sitting on the coffee table watching tv, when Stephanie came into the apartment.   The front entryway opened into the living room with the kitchen and bar area behind the couch.  

 

“Whatcha got there?” Lindsey called out as she looked and saw that Stephanie was holding a package. 

 

Stephanie failed to acknowledge Lindsey, and it soon became evident.   As soon as Stephanie set her package down on the bar area and turned her head to look at her phone, Lindsey saw her white air pod in her ear though what few strands of hair were still in front of her ear.  

 

“What?” asked Stephanie as she paused her music.

 

“I asked what do you have?” Lindsey halfway yelled.

 

“Oh, its my new shoes for work.   My pink Brooks are wearing out.” Stephanie said. 

 

“Mind if I see?” Lindsey asked.

 

“Sure!  I’ll let you look at them while I go and change” Stephanie said enthusiastically.  

 

Stephanie took a knife from the drawer and cut the tape on the box and put the knife back in the drawer.   She then walked over to Lindsey and let her walk onto her hand and walked back to the bar, that was built into the kitchen.  

 

“I wanted to try them out, they are called Clove>” Stephanie said with excitement. 

 

“Ok, Well if you like them I will recommend them.” Lindsey said with anticipation.  

 

With that Stephanie opened the box the long way, which revealed a mint green color on the inside.   She reached inside and pulled out an off white shoe with baby blue near the heel and the outsole, and set it on the counter She also pulled out a couple of pens as well as an ID badge holder both branded as Clove brand.  

 

“I’m going to change.  Ill try them on after that.” Stephanie said with authority.  

 

With that Stephanie disappeared down the hallway and her room door closed with a  bang.   Lindsey looked back at the massive shoe on the counter.   She went up to it and felt the smooth leather on what would be the instep of the shoe.   The strong smell of leather also overpowered Lindsey.   She looked at what she thought were laces but were actually were what looked like thin bungee cords, with a draw string tightening device.  

“Interesting.” She said softly.

 

She then went to the heel of the shoe and looked for some hand holds.   Luckily, she was able to find some and climb up to the back of the heel of the shoe.   Mint green was the insole color as well.   Her trance was interrupted as Stephanie came out of her room.  

 

“I’m ready to try these shoes on.” Stephanie said. 

 

 

Stephanie held out her hand and Lindsey stepped onto it.  Stephanie set Lindsey on the floor and then proceeded to set her shoes on the floor as well.   Lindsey watched as her roomate’s giant foot wiggled its way into the shoe for the left and then she watched as Stephanie did the same with her right foot.   After that, Stephanie reached down and fiddled with the adjuster for the bungee like cords as laces.  As she finished she allowed her jeans to flow over the top and Lindsey was left with a view of her friends feet in her new size 10 shoe.   Linsdey watched as Stephanie wiggled her toes a bit.  Lindsey saw the leather bulge out a bit and heard small creaking sounds come each shoe as the leather strained to contain Stephanie’s feet. 

 

“Are you alright?” Stephanie asked from above,

 

“ Yes.” Lindsey responded, a little startled.  

 

“You totally looked like you were mesmerized with them. I mean they are only shoes. Do you like them or something?” Stephanie asked inquisitively.  

 

“Stephanie, I need to tell you something.” Lindsey shouted up.

 

Stephanie immediately bent over and allowed Lindsey to walk onto her hand.   She then set Lindsey on the counter and looked at sternly.

 

“What is it that you need to tell me?” she said in a stern voice. 

 

“I like your feet.  And I like your shoes.   I just did not tell you for the longest time since I did not know how you would react.” Lindsey said deflated.  

 

“Its alright.   I understand.   I have noticed something was off recently.  Do you just like my feet and shoes or other peoples as well?” Steph asked again. 

 

“I like more peoples feet and shoes.” Lindsey said.  

 

“Well, its not the worst thing in the world. I plan on going out the bars tonight.   So can I leave you here?” Steph asked.

 

“Yes.” Lindsey replied. 

 

:”I’m gonna go get my purse.   By the way, do you like my feet smelly or not so much?” Stephanie asked with a slight smile.

 

“I have never smelled your feet after work before.” Lindsey said.  

 

“While I am out would you like to hang out with the Brooks I wore to work today?” Stephanie asked.

 

“ You mean that?”  Lindsey asked

 

“I mean why not?  It does not bother me much.  Hold on let me grab one thing.” Stephanie said as she hurried to her room.

 

She came back out of her room holding a pair of socks.   Stephanie walked up to the counter and said “Hop in!” to Lindsey.

 

Lindsey jumped off of the counter and tumbled down the slightly bigger than normal ankle sock.   She felt wet all over.   The sock was cotton so the kitchen light was still visible from the outside.  

 

“ Have fun while I go out!” Stephanie said with a sly grin forming as she tied the mouth of the sock Lindsey was in closed.   She grabbed her other sock and wrapped that one over the sock Lindsey was in and then she grabbed her right pink and black Brooks shoe.   She stuffed Lindsey inside to the toe section and put the shoe back with the other one.  

 

“That should hold you little one until I get back.” Stephanie said with her evil grin over her face.  

 

With that she opened the door and walked out, ready to have a good night.   

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoy!!  I know it has been a while but I plan on writing more this year.   Also, if you want to interact with me I am always on X and my handle is @GuyGoneSmall.   Let me know in the comments how you liked it and where you think the story should go from here!  Enjoy!