- Text Size +

With the success of Deadly Obsession, Hollywood’s first film with a mixed size cast, came extreme fandom. 

The red carpet was littered with interviewers and fans alike, all hoping for a chance to speak with the stars of the blockbuster. The paparazzi illuminated the event with their flashing cameras, clicking away at each actor and celebrity guest that made their way into sight. 

A blonde holding a microphone stood at the end of the carpet, waiting to speak with the much anticipated guests. Her camera crew followed one man specifically as he walked– the elusive Brent Brooks, the male lead in Deadly Obsession, and the world’s heartthrob. 

“Brent! It is so lovely to see you tonight,” The interviewer began, smiling wide. Brent flashed an even brighter one in return. 

He seemed to bask in the attention, absolutely exuding confidence. If it weren’t for the true hype of the movie behind him, he may have come off as egocentric. There had been rumors of him snuffing fans or rudely declining handshakes, but there’s no way that the perfect Brent Brooks could truly be like that… Right? Even if he insulted a talk show host on live, night time television…?

“Tina, it is lovely to see you too!” The charm had her blushing immediately. “Everyone looks great, plus the crowd is amazing. I’m so glad for all the support on this film.”

“You have quite the fanbase, that’s for sure!”

“I couldn’t have done it without them,” He replied, turning to give the camera a wink and another sparkly grin. The crowd cheered, fangirls screaming. 

“So, Brent, tell me more about your character in Deadly Obsession.”

“Sure thing,” He nods. “I play Miles Holt, an FBI agent. He’s sworn to secrecy regarding the emergence of a new enemy overseas. He’s an extremely clever guy, cunning, and very good at his job– reminds me of myself! That must be why they casted me. You know, lots of actors talk about how they never expect to be casted in the roles they initially audition for. Well, my agent called me up and told me about how Edward Cole– the director– was looking for someone to star in his newest thriller. I knew immediately that it would be me. I’ve worked with Edward– Ed, if you’re close with him– before, and knew that he probably had written this screenplay just for me. I had no doubt that I’d get the part, partially because of my conventional looks and—”

The crowd suddenly erupted, just as the ground began to quiver. The paparazzi’s attention turned to the large form of Deadly Obsession’s other star. 

If Brent Brooks was the world’s sweetheart, April Steele was the universe’s. 

Standing at fourteen feet tall, she strode down the carpet. Delicate, purple fabric hugged her supple curves and long legs, feet clad in sharp heels. 

All focus was robbed from Brent. The big star suddenly seemed so… small. 

April smiled shyly, a blush creeping onto her cheeks as she waved at the fans, the cameras. The media was so endeared by her– an absolute vixen on the big screen, fierce, bewitching; but in reality, she was sweet, timid, yet positively charming. Her smile was genuine as she waved down at the fans, male and female alike, waving back up at the giantess. She walked further down, putting a hand on her hip as she posed for the cameras. 

“April, right here!” One paparazzi yelled. 

Another waved his arms, as if she couldn’t see his normal-sized stature. “Big girl, hey!”

She laughed. She never expected this level of attention, especially for just her debut film. She had been elated when she received the news that she had been cast– a lifelong dream that she wasn’t sure would ever be fulfilled thanks to the lack of size-inclusive media in Hollywood. 

Together, she and Brent Brooks had paved the way for mixed-size films with Deadly Obsession. 

She threw her elegant waves over her shoulder, turning around to give the photographers a view of her backside. Long, smooth legs, perfectly wide hips… Someone in the crowd whistled. 

April turned back around, brushing her deep, brunette locks from her face. She waved down at the crowd, posing for a few more minutes, before making her way down the rest of the carpet. 

She stepped next to her co-star, who’s height only reached midway up her thigh. Brent was diminished– both physically and emotionally– by April’s presence. 

The cameraman had to step back, his lens also zooming out, in order to get the both of them in frame. 

April crouched down out of courtesy for Brent, the interviewer, and the cameraman. 

She gave Brent a light half-hug, which left him looking disgruntled. He tried to maintain his perfect, ego-fueled smile, but it became obvious that he was jealous of the attention she could command with minimal effort. She was naturally likable. Brent began to realize that he needed to compensate for this sudden shift of the spotlight.

“Tina, you look lovely!” April began, motioning to the dress the blonde interviewer wore.

“As do you, April! We’re all so glad to see you. Right, folks?” Tina turned to face the crowd, which erupted once again into a fit of cheering. 

A deep blush spread across April’s cheeks. 

“This must be a lot for a girl like you,” Tina continued. “To have reached such massive stardom, and in your first film!”

April shook her head humbly. Someone in the crowd cried out for her, and she leaned over Tina to sign an autograph, her fingers carefully holding the itty-bitty marker as she scribbled her signature onto a poster. 

“I really never expected this,” She looked around, taking in the reality of her situation. “I’m so honored to have been a part of a production that challenges the norms of filmmaking.”

Next to her, Brent stood on his tiptoes, trying to gain any possible inch he could on her. His 6’2” against her 14 feet– it was a hopeless cause.

Another camera angle of April would show Brent attempting to peek his head into frame. The following day, a video of Brent on his tiptoes would go viral online. 

“I’m speaking for all of us when I say that we cannot wait to see where your career takes you,” Tina adds. 

“I appreciate that so much. Seriously, all of you, thank you for being here. And thanks to Brent,” April looks down at him, nudging him playfully. “For being so welcoming to someone new in Hollywood!”

Brent winks at the camera, flexing some muscles– another silly attempt to appear bigger. 

“It was great to be such a mentor to you, April,” He’s not even looking at her as he’s saying this. He’s looking right into the camera, which seems to still be pointing up at his co-star… 

He repeats himself. The cameras do not move. Tina raises an eyebrow at him before looking back at April. 

“Enjoy the after party, both of you!” She says, her blonde hair shimmering in the setting sun. 

April hugs Tina gently before standing back up from her crouched position. She smiles at Brent, silently asking him if he’d like her to carry him to the limo. He furrows his brows, huffing at her offer. She shrugs and takes a step, the ground rattling. 

April gives an apologetic look to the attendees before continuing on along the red carpet, leaving the superstar Brent Brooks in a fit of jealousy.

Chapter End Notes:

Hi there! Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed!