- Text Size +
"Do you know why you've been assigned to us?"

The voice floated across the darkness. Janet couldn't see the person who spoke but could make a good guess as to where he was sitting. About 7 feet in front of her and a little right of center.

"No sir," said Janet. It was the obvious answer. The establishment never gave its agents forewarning about an upcoming assignment.

"You are here because of your record," said another voice from the darkness. This one was off to her left. Whoever was tasking her, they didn't want her to know their faces. "You have done outstanding work in the past. You have killed for the Establishment. You have obeyed orders completely. You also have remarkable intelligence and good looks. Physical beauty as well as gifted intellect will be required of our agent in the task we have in mind for you."

"If that is so, why not have Agent 24 attend to your mission?" asked Janet, more because she wasn't supposed to ask question than for any other reasons.

"Agent 24," said a third voice, directly in front of her. "Is on a mission in another dimension. She will not be back for some time." Janet was surprised with the response. It was rare to hear anything, even an acknowledgement of that agent's existence from command. It was even more rare to hear the mentioning of alternate dimensions or parallel universes. Every agent knew it was done but no one really knew the details unless they were directly involved in the mission. Because they even mentioned it to Janet, she could infer that they really did trust her. It was a subtle compliment but a great one in terms of trust.

"Lets get back on track," said the first voice, which sounded like the owner had the air of someone who was no nonsense. Or rather, even more no nonsense than most people in the Establishment. The people who worked here had no time for digressions. It was too bad. Digressions allowed for intelligence gathering.

"We have received intelligence," continued the voice. "Of a new threat to humanity. It is somewhat bizarre but no less dangerous for it." There was a brief pause where Janet assumed the speaker to be trying to build dramatic mood. "We have confirmed that there is a group called the Omegas which will soon attempt world domination."

Oh no. I've never dealt with something like that before, thought Janet sarcastically. She did not allow herself the indulgence to say it. No matter how badly she wished she could.

"They intend to reshape the world in their own image," said the voice.

"What is most worrisome are the members of the organization," said the third voice. "The group consists entirely of female members. They are somehow able to shrink men to the size of an inch."

"After which," said the first voice, cutting in. "The women swallow their tiny prisoners. Most commonly, alive."

"Agent 71," said the second voice. "was able to send us a video recording of the entire event of someone being shrunk and swallowed. That was shortly after we lost contact with him. We believe him to be dead. However his sacrifice was well worth what we learned."

Janet wasn't sure it was. She had been aquatinted with Agent 71. He had been one of the best. It surprised her that anyone could have killed him.

"We know that it is a completely female organization." continued the second voice. "We also know that they intend to enslave men and use them for food. There are members throughout the world in almost every walk of life."

"We've identified someone who is something of a middle manager in the organization," said the first voice. "Your job is to befriend her, using your alias as a banker of course. You are to join their organization and learn all you can. Your goal is to work your way into their top ranks, no matter how long this takes. We need to know the extent of their organization, their size. They may even have useful information on others who are enemies to us. But once you've learned all you can about the Omegas, you call us and we take the leaders down. It should be enough to destroy the organization."

"Go undercover." said Janet.
"Correct," said the second voice. "You would join them."
"To do that I would have to act like them. I would have to eat like them. Eat shrunken people," Janet pointed out, disgusted.
"You are authorized to do whatever you must to gain access to the inner circles of this organization.
"But I've sworn to protect-" Janet protested
"You will save far more than you kill. It is a somewhat gruesome task to eat someone alive. But you remember your wilderness survival training, you've eaten live things before."
"Those were just bugs and ants," Janet said. "I like eating oysters too but this is completely different from someone who is alive and knows what is happening to him."
"Janet," said the second voice. "You will be able to adapt to it. We know you don't want to do it but the world is counting on you. Without vital data on this organization, they may well succeed in taking over the word. Reshaping it. We cannot send another male agent. Look at what happened to agent 71."

Janet nodded. They were probably right. "When do I start?" she asked.

Chapter 2
Janet bent over, picking the lipstick out of her purse. Straightening up, she applied it to her lower lip, then pressed her lips together to get the upper one. She tried not to think about her feelings. She was feeling something terrible.

Excitement.

Not that excitement was something new to her. It was the situation that worried her. She was feeling excited to be the object of doom for another. That wasn't new either, in many a capacity. She had killed many times in the past as a secret agent of The Establishment. They had all been necessary. Killing to save a life. Killing to save a hundred lives. What was truly terrifying about the situation now was that she was excited by killing. By the method of killing. She had always been brought up to believe that violence was a last resort. Something to be avoided. And taken the life of another human being was a horrible thing to have to do.

She didn't feel that way now.

Her own hazel colored eyes stared cooly back at her from the mirror. Killer, they said. Murderer! Slayer of innocents whom you swore to protect. You'll do it again. And you will like it.

It's necessary! Somewhere in the back of her logical mind, the thought screamed at her. I had to kill them. I can't break cover!

At least, she hoped this was her logical part of the mind. If it wasn't, she was in too deep. Hell, she was in too deep already.

Two years undercover. You begin to forget who you are after a few months. Those you are trying to befriend suddenly seem like friends. Those deeds that appalled you at first now seem routine. Commonplace. You stop dreading the evil you do and begin to accept it.

After two years, you begin to enjoy it.

Janet was fearing that she might not be able to control herself. To return to her old self. Not knowing what she knew now. Not after feeling so many men die. Not after realizing she was enjoying it as much as those whom she had come to destroy.

She lowered her eyes from the mirror and bent back down to the purse at her feet; returning the lip stick to its rightful place. She turned and eyed the tiny man she had placed on the bed. He couldn't be more than an inch. Poor thing.

He was staring at her butt, Janet realized. It wasn't very surprising. Before she had shrunk him he had his hands all over her butt. Now, her tush loomed over him, impossible to ignore and too beautiful to tear his eyes away.

Poor fool. May as well let him look. She straightened up, casuing the pants she was wearing to ride up her ass. She took a few steps towards the door, the little man watching the sway of her large and well toned buttocks.

No one was in sight, Janet realized. She wasn't going to kill the man here. She wanted them to witness everyone she killed.

Returning to the bed she picked up the little man.

"And now, little friend, I have some bad news for you. I'm hungry. You look tasty. I am going to eat you up whether you like it or not," Janet said.

She began to carry him to the living room.

"Wait!" cried the man. Who cares? They almost always begged. A few Janet had eaten hadn't. It turned out that some guys would be willingly eaten. At least then, Janet didn't feel as guilty.

"I'm bringing a message from a mutual friend," said the man.

This sent a chill down Janet's spine. She ducked into the bathroom and turned on the fan. Hopefully, they wouldn't be overheard.

"Say that again?" urged Janet.
"I'm from the Establishment!" said the tiny man. "I came to find you. We had to get a message to you some way and pretending to be a victim seemed the best way I could think of."
"You fool! Do you realize that I might have swallowed you before you could have told me your message. Before you even could have told me you were my fellow agent!" hissed Janet, trying to keep her voice down.

"It's urgent!" said the man. "I volunteered for the mission. Doesn't matter why. If you have to kill me then kill me. I need to tell you that you're not the only mole we have in the woman's shrinking organization."
"Really! Who is the other agent?" asked Janet.
"I don't have her cover name but she is Agent 17. Her real name is Hannah. She is in New York presently. We believe that she has curcial information about the Omegas but cant reach us. We want you to find her and learn what she knows. Then you are authorized to break cover and come in, should you believe your new information is worth it. If not, you must think of a way to pass the information on to us while continuing your undercover work."
"But how am I supposed to find out who she is without her cover identity? Does she know I will be looking for her?"
"She knows that another undercover in the Omega organization is going to try to contact her. It will take time, we understand that. But with both of you looking for each other, we are confident that you will locate her."

"Janet! Let eat. Come on, I can't wait!" said Suzy outside the door, knocking.
"I'll be right there," said Janet loudly. "What the hell am I gunna do with you. Suzy knows I caught you and is expecting me to eat you. She is waiting to eat another guy out there. She has friends coming over to do the same with guys they captured. I can't kill them and break cover yet. Not if I have to go to find Agent 17!"
"You've gotta kill me!" said the man.
"No I can't! You're on my side!" pleaded Janet.
"Janet come on dear. I am waiting for you!"
"You have to eat me," said the man, definitely. "I will die for my country and world stability. Please. You know your job. Do it."
"Swallow or chew you alive?" asked Janet quietly.
"Swallow."
"You sure about that?"
"Yes."
"I am sorry friend. I am." Janet purposely didn't ask for his name. She didn't need to know. Her future would be haunted enough by the memory of the man.

Carrying him into the living room she met Suzy. "Hey I was getting impatient! Are you okay?"
"Yeah, but I'm hungry. Lets eat quickly!"
"Don't have to tell me twice," grinned Suzy. "Hey little fellah," Suzy leaned down over the coffee table to stare at the tiny man standing there. "I'm going to swallow you whole." She lifted the man up so that Janet could see him. Janet did the same with the tiny man in her hands.

Don't think about it! Janet had told herself the same thing when she first ate a shrunken guy. Funny how just a few moments ago she was feeling guilty for enjoying eating tiny men and even been looking forward to eating this one. Now all she could think of was that he was on her side. She didn't look at his facial expression as she brought him quickly to her mouth. He was on her tongue. With a large swallow, down he went, wiggling on the way. Across from her, Suzy was tossing her victim around in her mouth with her tongue, clearly enjoying it.

The feeling of someone sliding down her esophagus had a distinctive feeling. They wiggled, trying to slow their decent. Struggling was most noticeable just before they entered the belly. Janet had begun to admit to herself that she enjoyed eating live people. She ensnared them with her looks and charm, shrank them with a ray gun or a chemical; whichever was more discreet in a situation, and then gulp them down. She had literally eaten hundreds of men.

She felt the fellow agent pause slightly as the esophagus forced the struggling man into her belly. Janet gave a shudder. Across from her, Suzy tossed her head back and swallowed visibly, a large bulge going down her neck.

"Whooh! That was one tasty boy!" said Suzy, elated. "How was yours?"
"Still alive," said Janet.
"But how did he taste?"
"Oh, he tasted fine." Janet was not in the mood to discuss her meal.
"Honey what you need is a nice tall glass of something!" Suzy handed her a chilled glass of white wine which Janet accepted. She didn't want to drink but she forced herself to do so. Her dinner might be able to drink some too. It could dull the pain he was in.

Janet forced herself to sit and concentrate on Suzy and her conversation. Anything to get her mind off what she had just done. But it didn't work. It was like the first time she had swallowed someone. She had had to justify it to herself. She had stayed up all night, pacing.
She had eaten plenty of meals with meat or seafood throughout her life. An animal had been a part of each of those meals. It wasn't a crime to eat someone for food. She had consumed his entire body. Nothing was wasted.

Now she justified herself in a different way; she had eaten plenty of men before this last one. All of the men she had eaten, or at least most of them, had been unwillingly eaten. This man knew he was dying for his country. She had to focus on that.

Janet smiled and was polite to Suzy but finally worked into the conversation, "Hey Suzy? Ever been to New York?"