- Text Size +

Previously on Dragon Ball Z

You thought you'd be stuck forever at this shrunken form, until you found an unlikely savior in Bulma; the brilliant and beautiful scientist from Capsule Corp. Unfortunately, as soon as Bulma noticed you... She prepared to stomp you out!

You can view each fiber of her stylish denim jeans twisting around her thighs, as one leg rises. These limbs have slight musculature from manifold excursions across planets - and yet, remain dainty and feminine. Her pants are on tight enough for you to make out these details.

From this angle, it's easy to see how her clothing hugs her generous rear, at the same time as her white shirt hugs her chest. Yet this is no time to be paying attention to a women's round curves, when you risk becoming completely, permanently flat within a matter of seconds!

Bulma's looming footwear casts a shadow over you. Brown boots that reach to her calves - towering over you like skyscrapers. Are these rugged boots for her dirty work and workshop hours? Designer boots worth more than all your belongings? At this scale, the details elude you.

Though some details are more evident to your shrunken eyes. As the sole ascends, a faint cavalcade of grime and dirt becomes as a landslide to you. It has an earthy, raw smell to it; along with a distinctly sour smell, not of this world... yes, it smells earthy, AND nameky.

The sensation stings your pupils. Clouds of dust and sand that the gargantuan Bulma would scarcely notice make a veritable fog for you. There's nowhere to run or hide. The only landmarks anywhere are the sky-piercing monolith of a resting boot; and Bulma's other, hovering foot.

There's an enraged expression on her face, right above her ruby red bandana, fluttering in the wind. Winds around West City shouldn't be this strong - and yet you wish a gale could sweep your pathetic body right up. It'd be your only chance at escape, with your own legs so small.

Does she believe that you're an insect? Crawling around her beloved strawberries, and about to ruin her day with filthy bacteria?

Has she mistaken you for some small alien that's a threat to Goku and his companions?

Or, does she believe you've stolen her patented Micro Band?

Perhaps there's been some urge she's been holding back, for a form of control in a world gone mad with extraterrestrial invasions and destruction.

Or perhaps the reasons for a genius giantess to flatten you like a common bug are too complex for your crumb brain to understand.

That sheer scale and fury makes Bulma appear like one of the dinosaurs roaming the land, or Shenron himself. The fact is, she's physically weaker than any Z-Fighter, or even Mr. "Hercule" Satan. But at this moment, she has seven times your power level in one pinky toe!

Not that you can make out what any toe is doing, past that barrier of leathery material shielding it. You can only hear the faintest drumming, and get a vague sense of Bulma's foot motion by the positioning of her ankles. Ankles that may as well be clouds, for the scale there!

You try and determine exactly how small you are, or roughly compare Bulma's body to structures around your home. But the dizzying scope, the shifting ground, and lack of rulers prevent you from any solid conclusions.  Barring one: If that foot falls, you will be pulverized.

Not "if". "When". The resolve on her face, those turquoise eyes staring at you - with their perfect mix of blue and green - they have determined your fate.  You're locked into this ride, and it has only one destination: a dead end at the bottom of Bulma's rubbery shoe sole.

Perhaps the pointed toe end, like a mangled figurehead on a smelly ship.

Perhaps beneath the interconnected ball of the foot. The ball that has been worked so hard for her to find the sacred Dragon Balls.

Perhaps beneath the heel, its wide berth stretching for eternity.

Or, right in the arch. An area that would be curved and give you space to survive another second, were this boot designed differently. But no such luck. Bulma's boot sole is unforgivingly flat.

There's but two places you can go. Underfoot, and then the Home for Infinite Losers.

"HFIL" is usually a euphemism, but in this moment it feels fitting. A pest with a pitiful scale, subject to a laughable death, would only naturally be fated for a ridiculously-named afterlife.  Any predictions or prayer barely soothe the soul in the face of cruel destiny.

You are helpless before the will of the Supreme Kai.

And equally helpless to the whims of the behemoth Bulma.

Neither of which you can hope to understand. Any questioning now would only be wasting your precious, scarce breaths. Savor this last oxygen, muggy though it may be.

The shoe's shadow envelops you. North, south, east and west, covered by its dark expanse. Nobody is here to help you, or to hear you.

Even Vegeta may not have the power to halt her incoming foot, with force or with love.

Even Master Roshi... may not WANT it to stop.

Bulma's foot hanging above like an executioner's guillotine, like a perfectly-aimed Kamehameha.

Do you make peace with this position and try to squeeze enjoyment out of it, as the boot squeezes your life out?

Or fight, futile as it may be, defying that fate with all your ki?

There's no avoiding it now. No dodging to the side with a teleport. No burrowing into the ground like a beetle.

Bulma's huge foot, strong leg, bulging hips, they're all poised to deliver the crushing of a lifetime, the force of a million blows all in one

devastating

stomp.

Even her arms, bare beyond sleeves, are prepared for this single blow - akimbo, with her fingers curled in fists of fury. Fingers that have reached out in caring for others, or made the first discoveries - now as far out of reach as the stars twinkling in the boundless heavens. Stars that Bulma has made the brave first steps on, with this very foot she'll use to deliver this singular definitive attack. One small step for Capsule Corp. A move so simple and mindless it doesn't even merit a name, like "Big Bang Attack" or "Destructo Disk". Just a stomp.

And even if you raise your hands to the sky, watching the boot sole turn the daylight into an endless night, nobody will be there to give their energy into a Spirit Bomb.

Even with a Kaio-ken, your muscles wouldn't have enough to push back the ceiling of foot for over a second.

Your fate, everything you've accomplished, your sense of self hangs in the balance.

Much like Bulma's foot hangs over your body.

Fully prepared and fully willing to dish out the most merciless punishment of your lifetime, and you haven't even had a split second to react.

Do you have any ghost of a chance at escaping this titan of science?  Or, will Bulma succeed in her efforts of stomping your tiny body out?  Will Bulma ever reveal the secrets of why she's going to step on you?  Find out...

Next time on Dragon Ball Z!