- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Now it was Seleia's turn to show off her destructive abilities. However, she let her relentless hunger get the better of her. Who said she couldn't kill two birds with one stone in this little competition?

Seleia walked her way over to her target with her hands behind her back. The city that was designated as “hers” also reeling from the destruction that Sophia had just caused. Cracks were visible all over the terrain and smaller pillars of smoke formed from some weaker structures that had already collapsed. She lazily looked at the alien metropolis with her glowing blue eyes, taking in the screams of despair from those attempting to flee. She inhaled the air, filling her nose with the scent of the city and its denizens. “Smells divine.” Seleia said aloud, as she continued her approach. The imprint of her boots left deep impressions in the ground. Farm fields were reduced to muddy holes, streets stopped abruptly by the patterned craters. As she came to the edge of the city, she decided to make an announcement. Something she was fond of doing whenever she paid some place new a visit. “Attention bugs! I am your Goddess, Seleia. I’m read the minds of most of you. Not even one has thought to kneel before me out of respect. No matter. Your sacrifice will do nicely for your very hungry Goddess!” Seleia continued her slow walk into the middle of the city with military like steadiness. Each booted foot fell after the other, turning the street she was walking down into a ruined hellscape. The bottoms of her plas-steel armed footwear were caked in dirt, debris and mangled splattered bodies. 

As she approached the center point, she backed onto the heel of her boots and spun herself in place. The street was cratered from the two massive points digging in and any building caught within the radius of her winging feet were totally demolished. There was no warning as Seleia began her decent. A shadow fell over the area beneath and behind her as she fell butt first towards the center. Crowds ran, stampeding over each other as they watched the glowing figure fall closer. Then, like a low-yield nuclear weapon, the surrounding area was flattened. The shockwave sliced through buildings, ripped up the streets and turned the closest to the impact point to mist. Seleia sighed in pleasure, “that was nice. Thanks for your soft bodies as my cushion, mites. Now, what looks good?” Seleia looked over the city with hungry eyes, looking for whatever piqued her interest to eat. The reality with her was, everything was food to her. She didn’t care whether she was eating a planet, a building, or a person; it all tasted amazing. She danced her fingers over the city like a person would picking food from a buffet. At a thousand feet tall she was still too small to snack on any of the larger buildings in the city, but there were a few smaller businesses and offices that looked particularly delicious. She reached down and as gently as she possible could, she uprooted a small office building. She smiled at the crumbling structure before laying it on her tongue. It was near instantaneous for her saliva to get to work on it. Seleia’s bodily fluids are extremely acidic. Anything that comes in contact with it breaks down and melts almost immediately. The building did exactly that. The structure began to sizzle like an egg on a frying pan as it turned to a grey goo on Seleia’s tongue. Anything inside joined it in melting. She closed her mouth and savored every popping flavor she could from the now liquified structure. “That was just as delicious as it looked!” She yelled with excitement, her voice shaking the city. Seleia looked behind herself to see as group of tiny humanoids running down a street from her. With a more careless demeanor than before, reached over and scooped up whatever she could of the crowd within her fingers. Chunks of streets were mixed with mangled bodies and some of those who burst from the pressure. Nonetheless, she tossed it all into her mouth. This time she chewed while her saliva got to work. They tasted sweet, just like Humans do. Even though they were the size of bugs compared to her, they were just so full of flavor. “This is totally terrific! However, it is taking a bit longer than Sophia’s. I best speed up the process. After all, this is about creativity!”

Seleia stood herself up and patted the debris and remains from her backside and skirt. She looked around the shaken and now bruised city. Tremors still shook the ground from Sophia’s rampage as Seleia continued to survey for her next victims. She looked towards a market like district of the city behind her. Crowds were fleeing and the streets were becoming more and more full as the humanoid beings used that as one of their main escape routes. “Perfect! Nothing but pure Aether waiting to be absorbed!” Seleia said as her eyes began to turn blood red and glowed even brighter. She raised her right hand in front of herself, pointing it in the direction of the market district. A light glow emanated from her gloved palm as she began to wave her hand slowly to the right. As her palm passed in front of the district, everything it blocked began to atomize in disappear. The crowds were hit by the omnipotent power, they glowed a super bright blue before fazing out of existence. Everything her hand passed before was totally erased. The only thing that remained of the market district was the dirt that it was built over, and an ominous blue glow radiating from the ground. “That was truly exquisite!” Seleia said has she inhaled. “I love doing that! Erasing anything from relating and liberating its energy! Nothing beats the old-fashioned way of just eating. However, that felt extremely good, and it did speed things up a tad.” Seleia looked around the rest of the city with her hands on her hips, thinking of what else she can do the get really creative with finishing it off.

Sophia started to head towards Seleia’s city. Each step she took caused another earth-shaking tremor in the unstable terrain. “Are you planning on finishing these pathetic worms off? Or just snacking on them” she said with a chuckle. “I’m thinking” Seleia said, “I think I know how I could end them. Nowhere near you though!” She began to walk back out of the city closer to where Sophia was standing. “Check this out.” Seleia said while patting Sophia’s arm with the back of her hand. Her eyes began to glow bright. So bright her pupils were no longer visible. She brought her hands together and made an odd shape with her fingers. Sparks began to form within the shape before becoming a bright blue colored ball of energy. The energy shot forth in a never-ending beam towards the city with an ear piecing scream. As it continued, the beam grew larger in diameter. The impact was fierce, smalling into the terrain where the city laid and showing no sign of slowing down. The city and surrounding area were totally gone in an instant, nothing but a memory. The beam continued through the planet, carving out a massive half circular chunk in the direction of it’s travel. After a solid fifteen seconds, the beam was cut off and Seleia placed er hands on her hips. From only a few feet in front of them, they could see straight through the terrain to the vastness of space. “Not bad, huh Sophia?” Seleia said with a smirk. Sophia looked in amazement before looking back at Seleia with a raised eyebrow. “You’ve been holding out on me. I’m impressed, at first glance you weren’t much to look at. But you’re pretty cool after all.” Sophia smugly exclaimed while crossing her musclebound arms over her massive chest. Seleia blushed a little more upon hearing Sophia say she was pretty cool. To her, this random encounter was turning out to be better than she could have expected.