- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is really just the introduction to the two characters. Showing Seleia's arrival to a planet she initially hoped to annihilate just for fun. It turns out, she wasn't the only omnipotent being with that idea. 

It would be a lie to say that today was like any other day for Seleia. Typically, she would either stay at home and walk around Light City, watching as everyone would stop what they were doing to drop to their knees before her. It never got old watching Humans kneel like they did. Truth was, she didn’t respect them, they were beneath her. Even if she put on a smile and acted like she cared. She really preferred their taste then their praise. However, she put on the act whenever in Light City. It was good for her daughter to see her that way at least; treat her subjects with more decency than the rest. However, today was different. Seleia found herself drifting through space, aimlessly floating towards seemingly nothingness. The only time she ever did this was when she had a lot on her mind. With how Zen’s been acting more like Lucy and hanging with Danny more, Hyperian’s finally making the trip to Earth and Human governments speaking out more and more against Seleia and the Hybrids. She really just needed a place to blow off some steam. “Well well well! This couldn’t have been better timed if I made it myself!” Seleia looked to the distance to see a planet off her right. It was, almost as big as New Hyperion and looked similar too it as well. She could tell by the Aetherial energy that planet was giving off, it was inhabited. Perfect for her to turn to a smoldering wasteland. “Ugh! Perfection! This is so much better than just making some dumb planet for the express purpose of destroying it! It also feels to much better crushing a civilization I didn’t make!” Seleia said to herself with a smirk as she changed her drift direction towards the planet.

            Seleia was about a mile tall while she drifted. It made the journey easier and faster the larger she made herself. It also made eating a planet easier along the way. As she drew closer to the planet, she could tell something was off. She got in close, squinting her eye to get a better look at whatever she was seeing. Way down on the surface was a massive cloud of smoke, billowing out of what looked like a sea of fire. “Did I seriously stumble across a planet at war with itself? They couldn’t wait for me to get here first!?!” Seleia pouted briefly, wished to have kicked off this civilization’s demise herself. No matter, there was still plenty of planet left. It was a lot of smoke though. Whatever caused it, really brought about the end to whatever region that was. She began to shrink herself down, looking at a target height of about a thousand feet. That was a comfortable size when it came to asserting dominance over lesser beings. She landed on the planet with a thud. Her boots sinking into the soft ground deep, compacting whatever may have been beneath them into nothing but mud. She landed a decent way away from the destroyed area she saw. Hoping that she could observe whatever, or who ever may have caused the destruction in the first place. Perhaps even get a glimpse of the denizens of this forsaken planet. Not of it mattered to her of course. Super advance, extremely primitive, she’s come across them all. They all fall the same. Seleia wandered across the landscape, dwarfing mountains in comparison to herself. Trees, rocks, even rivers were mushed into nothing but deep boot shaped craters as she walked. Growing closer to the source of the massive smoke cloud. “What was it? Some kind of superweapon? This reminds me of when I was miles tall and wiped a city out with my finger! There’s just so much smoke!” Seleia began to wonder as she grew closer to the site. There was nothing alive, at least that she could tell in the surrounding area. However, something in that destroyed area was giving off a ton of energy. She could feel it inside of her the closer she became.

            As Seleia cleared the final mountain range before the wasted area, the source of the destruction finally came into view. Seleia was frozen in place as she stared across the wasteland at the being standing amidst the charred landscape. It was a woman. Roughly the same size as Seleia, but completely jacked. She had muscles that would put Lucy to shame, and she wasn’t afraid to show them either. On the sides of her head were a pair of dark-red horns forward facing. Her hair was blonde and hovering above her head was a halo. At that moment, it seemed to be glowing extravagantly bright; although, this was no angel. Her only apparel seemed to be a maroon top, slightly darker than her horns which was just barely covering her massive breasts. A thong which wrapped tightly around her muscular thighs, and a pair of knee length stirrups. This being stood with her back to Seleia, her extremely massive and muscular arms outstretched, steaming as if pulsating with heat. The cloud of smoke swirling above her as if she was controlling it. With a swift spin of her head, she turned to just see behind her. Her blood-red eye fixed immediately onto Seleia in the distance. Seleia just stood there, her bright blue eyes went wide as she brought her hands close to her face, attempting to cover the blush she formed on her cheeks. The being began to walk towards Seleia. Each footstep causing black ash and dust to kick up from the ground. A structure, one of that last in the area, crumbled and turned to dust as her foot pressed it into the ground. Seleia noticed as the being began to grow slightly as she approached, she couldn’t really tell, but it seemed she was trying to match her height? She lumbered over to Seleia, the look of someone who meant business formed on her face. As terrifying as this being had seemed. Seleia was just impressed, if this one woman caused all of this destruction, she had to be something awesome. Before she could snap out of her trance, the woman was now only mere feet from her, arms on her hips as she stared directly into Seleia’s eyes.

            “Um…Hi there!” Seleia said, staring back at the woman. Smoke blowing out from her nose as she breathed in the polluted air. “And what exactly are you supposed to be? This pathetic species’ savior?” The woman said, with a confident yet careless demeanor. “Savior!?! Ha ha! Oh no, totally not! I was just passing by and figured this would be the perfect planet to blow off some steam! Turns out you must’ve beat be to it! Sorry to get in between you and your fun! My name’s Seleia! I’m a Goddess in my Universe! You’re…um?” The woman’s eyes brief flashed wider before returning to their unsurprised gaze. “A Goddess, huh?” she said, “what kind of Goddess are you exactly?” The woman crossing her arms in front of her massive chest, the muscles in her arms pulsing out as she squeezed them in tightly. The ground seemed to shake as she did so. “What kind? Oh! Well, I’m Ascended, if that’s what you mean! I call myself the Goddess Mother now, but, I’ve been the Goddess of Judgement, the Goddess of Destruction. That one I still see myself as, I love turning something into nothing! Wreaking pure terror, that gets me really going!” While Seleia went on and on, the powerful woman started to move towards her. She sent her foot straight through the mountain which divided them both, sending chunks of rock and dust flying for miles. The act caught Seleia’s attention as she peered down briefly, awestruck. The woman wrapped and arm around Seleia; she could feel her energy, her strength as she lazily bent her arm over her left shoulder. “So…You’re a Goddess of Destruction? You like laying total waste to the weak and pitiful bugs beneath you? Maybe you’re in the right place after all.” The woman continued, “see, I’d like to see myself as the embodiment of cataclysm. The total end to everything. You can call me Sophia though.” She patted Seleia on the back before heading back towards the zone of destruction. The pat sent a shockwave in all directions, slicing the mountain range straight down the middle, like a hot knife through butter. Seleia just stood there, staring at Sophia as she walked back through the charred area; each footstep rippling the ground beneath her.

            Seleia caught up with Sophia who seemed to be on a mission to get somewhere. “So, it’s alright if I stay here? I don’t want to get in between you and your rampage.” Seleia said sheepishly. “You said you’re the Goddess of Destruction, right? Let’s go have some fun then.” Seleia’s retracted demeanor faded upon hearing that. She opened right up to the thought up being able to finally let loose. She watched as Sophia’s slim tail whip violently as she passed another mountain. She turned the air into a weapon, as she sent a wave of air through the mountain next to her, sawing it in two. “So…you destroyed all of this? What was it? I saw the smoke from space!” Seleia was no strange to wiping out cities or even planets, but she really never saw another being like herself with so much power. “This? This was nothing. There use to be a city here, but all it took was a tap of my foot to send them all to oblivion. You happened to show up only a few moments after.” Sophia was so casual with her explanation; it was obvious that she too was no stranger to this. However, there was obviously a somewhat advanced civilization here. Perfect for cleansing.

            The two strode out from the wasteland which had seemed endless. On the other side was a perfectly untouched world, waiting to be ravaged. In the distance were a few larger sized cities. No doubt they were all panicking from the nearby annihilation that had just taken place. From what Seleia could gather, they weren’t much different from cities she was familiar with on Earth. A sickly grin formed on Seleia’s face at the look of them. Just sitting over in the distance, waiting to meet their untimely end. “Hey. Seeing how turned on you are by the thought of wasting those weak bugs. Let’s make it interesting. I’ll take a city and you take one, one with the most creative ways to destroy theirs wins.” Sophia leaned in close and gave Seleia the rundown of her plan. The wheels in her mind were spinning wild with different thoughts on how she’d turn that city to dust. “What do we win?” She returned questioningly. “Hmm…First pick at the next target of our onslaught?” Sophia said with a shrug. It was really just a friendly bit of competition. Plus, she wanted to really see just how serious this “Goddess of Destruction” really was. “Okay then.” Seleia said while running her fingers up Sophia’s massive shoulder. “How about I give you a little head start!” Seleia said as she bent over and grabbed Sophia’s leg with one arm and her shoulder with the other, hoisting her over her head as if she weighed nothing. “Hey! What do you think you’re…” Was all Sophia got out before Seleia flung her in the direction of her city. The only thing Sophia could think of while flying like an asteroid, was how a weaker looking being like Seleia, could pick up a totally built, tank like her as if she was nothing. She soared completely over the city, her massive body blotting out the sun as she passed. Sophia slammed into a mountain with the force of a thousand nuclear weapons. The mountain crumpled and turned to sand as she struck it. The shockwave and debris caused the ground to crack and shatter. Earthquake like tremors erupted striking the nearby city without relent. The wind force from her impact was enough to send anyone or anything flying. Smaller weaker structures uprooted from their feeble foundations and collided with others. Debris rained down in the streets, cracks continued to form from the tremors. In a matter of seconds, the entire area turned into a living hell. Sophia wiped the dust from in front of her face, looking over at Seleia with pure anger in her eyes. That changed when she saw her laughing. She wasn’t laughing at Sophia. She was laughing at the total chaos the two had just caused with one another. “She’s going to be fun.” Sophia said to herself, smirking as she lifted herself out of the crater she and Seleia had made.