- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sophia begins their friendly competition with a bang. After having quite the head start, thanks to Seleia. Sophia was now fully prepared to bring about the complete end to this once peaceful alien city.

Screams filled the air in the now ruined city as the humanoid beings who inhabited this world began to run in panic. Dust filled the air and coated every surface following the meteor like impact of Sophia. The ground trembled rhythmically, people tried desperately to keep their footing, avoiding the newly formed cracks in the streets. Their world became entirely dark for a mere instant before ceasing to be. Sophia’s foot came down in the middle of the street, turning the facades of the surrounding buildings to rubble and pancaking everything on the street. The screams were all silenced by the sound breaking smack of her flesh connecting with the ground. Sophia stood with her hands on her hips as she scanned the city she was in. All around her she could her the panic and the cries of those weaker and beneath her. It filled her with joy as she began to let out a hearty laugh, easily heard for miles in every direction. “What a disgusting race. I think I know how I can get things started.” Sophia showed a toothy smile as she took another step into the city, wiping out buildings and fleeing citizens without care or notice. In a swift motion, Sophia into a crouch. Her massive hand landing on top of several apartment-like buildings, reducing them to rubble and dust. She cocked her other arm back, making a fist as she looked down at the street right below her. A look of pure evil traced across her face as she stared straight through the mite-sized denizens fleeing from her. She released her fist, barreling towards the ground like a missile while letting out another satanic laugh. Her fist collided with the street, anyone not immediately struck was vaporized by the blast wave her fist created. It didn’t stop at the street however, her arm continued to burrow down into the ground beneath the impact zone. The surrounding around started to sink as the solid ground began to give way. Buildings, vehicles, people, all started to fall into this hole growing deeper, becoming compacted between the ground and her arm. “Heh, gotcha.” Sophia snickered as she pulled her arm out of the massive hole. The speed alone caused a suction-like action in the air, sending debris soaring into the sky after her fist. The ground grumbled in belched as the entire area trembled. In an outward motion starting from the hole, the area began to collapse into the ground. Wave after wave as the earth gave way, more of the city disappeared into the spreading destruction of the decaying world. “I’d say that was a good start. There’s a good amount of city left, and Seleia hasn’t even begun on herself yet. She’s…strange for a Goddess of Destruction.” Sophia looked over with a curious expression towards Seleia, who was using another mountain as a seat. She was merely observing Sophia, watching her tear this city to shreds. “Alright then, let’s wrap this up. I wanna see what you can do.” She said to herself, giving a small smirk before slowly turning her gaze upon the city.

            Sophia walked through the city to make it to a more outskirt area. It was like walking through mud now. The ground had become so soft and unstable, that each footstep caused her to sink into the ground. The city slowly continued it crumble as she walked, sending her leg through skyscraper that came up to her thigh. As she reached her destination, she looked over the mess she made with a diabolical smile. Sophia moved her massive arms in front of her, interlocking her fingers together before cracking them. The sound alone shook the already unstable ground even further. She let out another laugh “this place is so pathetic! Exterminating them would be doing them a service!” She exclaimed before caring on with her plan. She squatted down, prepared to do a little lifting. She lowered her hands until her fingers began to dig into the earth. She continued to press further, shuffling her hands outwards carving more of the surface out. She increased her grip on the ground pressing her thumbs into what was once a farm and a street. Deep cracks began to splinter out across the remains of the sunken city. Screaming people running in whatever direction they felt safest, began to lose their footing, some falling into the near bottomless crevasses being made. The terrain began to shift and jolt like a plate being tilted as Sophia began to lift. An unnerving rumbling could be heard as she effortlessly began to tear out and pick up a massive chunk of the ground. She didn’t care if she had the entire city in one go, that wasn’t the point. The name of the game was destruction. As a slice of the crumbling terrain above her seared from the rest and fell back to the planet, she began her finisher. With a look a pure evil and determination on her face, Sophia tensed her muscles and gripped the mass of landscape in her hands before slamming it down onto the remaining section of the city. The force and power were enough to send the chunk straight into the planet, tearing apart the landscape and causing complete irreversible seismic chaos. The terrain cracked and moaned as molten core began to bleed out from the super deep fissures Sophia had made. This was no longer about wiping out the city, it was now a matter of totally destabilizing the planet. Sophia stood over the area now resembling a depiction of hell, molten lava pouring from her hands as she laughed maniacally at the end she had brought forth. “That was good! Real good. Now, let’s see what little miss Goddess can do.” Sophia said smugly as she looked over at Seleia, who was sitting on the mountain still; watching the even unfold with undivided attention. “That was so cool!” Seleia yelled. “You’re awesome, so full of power and energy! I think you might have won this one, Sophia. I’m still going to have fun with my city though!” She exclaimed in a more singsong voice as she popped for the rock. Her heels digging into the soft rock of the mountain as she began to stroll towards her own city. Sophia watched curiously while trying to figure out who this odd being was.