- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Exactly like it sounds, this is a short-and-questionably-sweet unaware giga destruction tale, written as a commission. Enjoy!

---

Interested in commissioning me for your own custom story? I can write your ultimate macro fantasy, from a wide range of genres and lengths. Read details here: https://www.deviantart.com/thejacksmith/journal/Story-Commissions-Are-Open-Again-698491757

I also have a side-shop for miscellaneous pre-written & discounted goodies, such as flash fiction, unfinished tales, and deleted scenes from series like Time-Out and A Little Blackmail. Check it out here: https://www.deviantart.com/thejacksmith/journal/New-Special-Stories-Shop-802615692

My Patreon for early-access stories and exclusive tales is now online! Hope you'll give it a look: https://www.patreon.com/JacksmithShrinkStories

The empire of Unifica was worried for the first time in its entire grand rule. First it was just one major city raising its voice, calling for a change in world leadership. Then that idea spread to surrounding areas, increasing discontent and forming a rebel peace-keeping army. In the span of one year, half a continent was now preparing to challenge the planet’s stewardship, and Unifica at last had to address it somehow, or risk descending into chaos. They chose to send in their best woman.

“You say the meeting will take place in Province G-75, sir?” Marigold spoke into her transponder-phone, which on its own was larger than any town on Earth. The blonde-haired officer sat with her bare legs daintily crossed upon the artificial chair Unifica had built for her out of space-metals, taller than every other structure in the world, unless of course one counted Marigold herself.

“That’s correct, though the mission will take place in surrounding provinces as well. You’ll know the meeting spot when you see the fleet of airships we’ll be sending out to rendezvous with you,” her superior answered through the speaker. “So just keep your wits about you and your eye-line fixed high up, soldier. You’ll see the flares.”

“Yes, sir. I do usually like to keep an eye below, but you say the area is uninhabited?”

“Completely. You have my word.”

“What sort of work will I be doing out there, sir?” Marigold added. With her free hand, she tipped her military cap further back, then swap-crossed her legs, alternating which set of five bare toes she used to graze through the puddly ocean waters, while the other foot happily bobbed miles above. “My mission briefing wasn’t very clear.”
“Nor was it intended to be. This is a higher security clearance than you’re used to, soldier. Once you make contact with the fleet, they’ll fill you in on the job. It won’t take long, but trust me when I tell you that it’ll be for the good of everyone in Unifica.”

“Wow! Well, I do trust you, sir, as you know. Thank you. I look forward to serving.” Marigold’s green eyes practically sparkled, widening with delight and a burgeoning sense of duty, even though she wouldn’t know the nature of her work until later today.

“You’ll be expected at 1400 hours. Don’t be late, soldier, and good luck.”

As soon as her superior dismissed her from the conversation and hung up, the girl stifled a gleeful squeal. Her whole body trembled with anticipation, but she kept her composure, straightening her hat and ensuring every brass button was in place. Though Marigold always enjoyed getting to help out around the world, since it gave her a sense of purpose saving lives and preventing conflict, not to mention the guilty fun of demonstrating her immense size and strength to her billions of spectators, it meant a lot to hear that her work would benefit everyone.

Watching the clock, Marigold timed her departure perfectly, as the last thing she wanted was to be the one holding up operations on such an important job. Giving her uniform one last smoothing touch-up, and her long golden locks a comb, the girl set off along the pre-determined geographic path laid out by Unifica as a one-woman global roadmap. This ensured Marigold could take normal steps without fear of harming any civilization, which was still a prospect she occasionally had nightmares about. Nevertheless, she’d grown confident in service to the empire, and the girl happily took dizzying province-long strides down the path. She religiously studied the GPS on her phone to ensure she didn’t deviate from the cleared path, though she could just as easily have followed the obvious trail of canyons in the shape of her bare feet stamped from numerous previous trips around the world. Grasslands, tundra, desert, and mountain ranges alike were crumpled down like deflated bread dough wherever Marigold took a confident step.

Marigold kept her eyes trained dead-ahead. Unifica’s elite airship fleets were designed for extreme altitude operation, particularly in the years since they recruited a girl who happened to stand at extreme altitudes even while not on her tip-toes. This meant, as long as she searched this elevation, she was sure to find the meeting place. Tracking down the airship flares was vital, as Marigold was lacking in many details for the mission, and would require either a message on her phone or a sonic super-weapon just to be able to contact her mission cohorts.

Communication had always been a “slight” issue for Marigold, ironically not due to her personality, as the girl was bubbly, upbeat, and outgoing despite the challenges presented in being such an utterly titanic creature. Rather, it was simply impossible for her to speak directly to, let alone even see, a normal-sized human being. Attempts had been made, but even with her eye up close and a person standing in Marigold’s hand with fireworks, making a connection was rough. Either the people would stumble and fall into the deep gulches that formed the soft, fleshy divots of Marigold’s delicate spiral-patterned palm texture, or the giantess would accidentally bat an eyelash, and generate typhoon winds that sent her visitors tumbling away. After that, too afraid of hurting anyone who got on or near her body, Marigold and Unifica opted exclusively for telecommunications, and it had yet to steer the girl wrong.

Arriving alongside G-75, Marigold lifted one foot up. The shadow of her sole and waggling toes swallowed up the whole western corner of the province. Before settling her full weight down, however, the girl double- and triple-checked her device one last time, ensuring she was in the right place. She’d never been given clearance to step across this part of the continent before, and she didn’t know much about it, but perhaps that was why she was here today: to help them terraform for future generations. Marigold shrugged and let her foot sink into the untouched landscape, forestry and mountainous sprawl alike crumbling apart until the underbelly of her foot met bedrock beneath. She took a step, then two, and by then was more than comfortable striding around this new land.

Still, Marigold was careful not to leave the bounds of the province until she was given orders. Her footsteps landed gingerly yet with authority over multicolored patches of terrain, some which she might have noticed were curiously silver-toned and prickled like low-cut grass, suspiciously similar to a city; however, her gaze was affixed above in search mode. First, she had to find the fleet. After having completed a variety of missions, most of which began by meeting airships close to eye level, the girl had gotten very good at spotting them. However, she didn’t even see a speck of their usual crimson sparks, let alone the cluster of insectoid city-sized vehicles.

“How strange,” Marigold said to herself, thumbing the corner of her lip. Her clock read 1400 hours, sharp. “I guess I’ll just have to wait.”


Chapter End Notes:
More to come!