- Text Size +

Dr. Black had no idea what to say in the incident report he had to file the next morning. What he felt was likely the case was that a drunk Trish made some rash decisions. But there was another case which was that Trish had developed some feelings for him that were revealed by her drunkenness. If that were true, he would have an ethical obligation to distance herself from her, the same ethical obligation he was already in breach of by not admitting the intense feelings he had back for her. If last night proved anything, he thought, it’s that I am unfit to be her therapist.

At the same time, the thought of not seeing her made his heart hurt. Every time he thought about it, her dazzling smile and bright blue eyes flashed across the theater of his mind, the looks she gave to him when he made a dumb joke or when she was expressing how thankful she was for caring for her. He could not bear to think about being gone from her. 


And so, he chose to lie. Trish got drunk, went outside to get some fresh air, and he coaxed her back to bed. Nothing else happened.

“Once again saving the day.” Dr. Jacobson praised, punching a rubber stamp on the half truth. “I don’t know how we would handle her without you.” He said brightly.

“It’s what I do.” Dr. Black said nervously. “Is she awake yet?” He asked nonchalantly. It was around noon time. 


“She’s been awake. Woke up at her normal time, fit as a fiddle. No signs of a hangover.” Uh oh. He now worried that she was just pretending to be drunk. “Chock it up to her extra healthy liver.” He said with a laugh.

“Ah, great. Then I’ll go get ready for our session.”

“I’m sure there’s a lot to talk about.” Jacobson chuckled, and Thomas was out the door to go see Trish. Part one was complete. He was taking a risk here by submitting this paper this early. If Trish woke up with a different story, he would probably lose his job. He was counting on her either being too drunk to remember, too smart to tell the truth, and not angry at him for spurning her. He thought back to the disappointed expression on her face from last night, and his stomach did a backflip.


He arrived at the basketball stadium to find Trish eating her massive lunch on the low slab of a table with her legs crossed under her. Her fingers had grown too large to practically use most utensils, so she ate the food with her bare hands. Pound after pound of a meal that could easily feed twelve grown men disappeared between her thin, shapely lips.

He saw her catch sight of him out of the corner of her eye, and immediately her face flushed and she looked away. Shit, what did that mean? At least she looked shy about it, which would give him some semblance of control.

“Good afternoon, Trish.” he said bravely as he stepped towards her. “Had a good time last night?” He said with a teasing smile that just made Trish grow redder. She put her face in her hands and groaned. He made his way to her side to put a hand on her shoulder, but decided against making actual physical contact.

“It’s ok. We can talk about it.” He said. “What do you remember?”

“I don’t remember much of anything.” She lied. Trish remembered everything, unfortunately, but she was not about to tell Thomas that after he had turned her down. She felt so stupid for acting like that in front of him, of all people. Her only hope now was to foist culpability for her behavior on Patty Hotcakes.

“I remember getting way, way too drunk with my friends, and then pretty much nothing after they left.”

Thomas sighed in relief, buying the story instantly.

“Did anyone tell you what happened?”

“They were leaving that for you.” She said, face still hot with embarrassment.

“You got naked and were dancing around outside. I had to get out of bed to come here and get you back inside.” He said. As long as she remains embarrassed about this, I have the upper hand, he thought.

“I’m sorry.” She whimpered, shrinking in on herself, genuinely feeling guilty. No wonder he was so mad last night.


“It’s ok, anything for a friend.” He said. Thomas dared to put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. The feel of her soft skin immediately called back to mind her naked form sprawled along the bed. Oh how he wished to caress her skin from head to toe. He awkwardly retracted it, as if he had burnt his hand.

“So…” She started, curiosity burning about his version of the other events of that night. “...was that it? Nothing else happened?”

And just like that, Thomas knew she was lying about not remembering.

“No, nothing else happened.” He said, affirming the lie as the official story. Trish nodded, half happy to be saved from a lecturing, half sad that he didn’t say something about her drunken attempt to seduce him. What did you think of me, Thomas? Do you think we ever could…? 


The two continued with their normal routine taking a long walk around the track. The tension between the two was no match for their affinity for each other. Soon it was like it all had truly not happened. They talked about how nice it was to see her friends, and about how she was excited for them to come around again tonight. There were some warnings not to get so drunk this time from Thomas. They bantered and joked back and forth in their normal way. One source of humor was the fact that Thomas would have to get a bike soon to keep up with her, or else she wouldn’t really be walking any more, already taking baby steps as she was.

As they wrapped up for the day Trish saw Thomas out. He hesitated at the door, turned, and looked up at her, directly in the eye.

“If anyone were to find out about what really happened last night.” He said, a grave expression on his face, “I might not be able to be your therapist anymore.”


Trish felt a cold feeling wash over her, and she was keenly reminded that he had seen her naked and drunk. She nodded obediently, and said nothing else.

Thomas exited the building, deciding that went as well as it could have. That is when he noticed a van parked across the street in an empty parking lot, a driver in aviator sunglasses just hanging out. He felt his blood run cold as he assumed the worst. The government knows about Trish. Either someone had seen her on her romp yesterday, or someone from the hospital got cold feet after seeing her mischief. In either case, this was bad. If they discovered who and what Trish was, they would no doubt find some pretense to take her into custody.

He returned to the hospital, to the floor where the department head’s offices were. There were only a few people who knew the full scope of her condition, and they would all be on this floor. He peaked his head into the various offices, looking for some clue as to who the rat could be. He glanced at the various doctors doing their normal office work, until he got to Dr. Vale’s office. The man had all the blinds drawn, and was peering out of a crack in his window, down at the gymnasium where Trish was staying. That's the one.

“Hey Dr. Vale.” Dr. Black said, intentionally startling the man. “Whatcha looking at?” He said, taking a moment to scan the messy office. It was easy to recognize Trish’s growth charts in the mess, as well as ones written by Dr. Vale himself that extrapolated her growth far beyond what the research team had done. Three years out, Ten years out, with additional notes about how many calories she would be eating as she reached those heights.

“What’s all this?” He asked, shuffling the papers.

Dr. Vale whipped around, sizing up Dr. Black, the monster’s handler, for lack of a better term. He squinted at him, deciding if he was to be trusted.

“These are charts, extrapolating Patricia Hostettler’s growth over the years.” He said cautiously.

“I see that. And what are your thoughts?” He asked.

“She’s a threat to humanity.” He said urgently, taking a few steps closer to Dr. Black and almost whispering.

“I hardly think a 30 foot tall woman is a threat to humanity.” Dr. Black scoffed.

“That’s only if she stops growing at 30 feet! Don’t you see? If she keeps growing at her daily rate, she’ll be over 200 feet tall the year after that, and over a 1000 tall the year after that, and after that, almost a mile tall!” He shouted, nearly frothing at the mouth.

“The amount of food she’ll need to consume will be absolutely absurd! She’ll need more than what some states produce in a day for a single meal!” Thomas pushed down a daydream of Trish, naked like she was last night, except this time it was an entire city trapped between her legs, sitting with her butt on the ground, her thick thighs and small waist serving as a pale backdrop for the skyline. Her womanhood was only barely covered by the skyscrapers poking up, some not even reaching the underside of her breasts. She licked her starving lips lustily. “Feed me.” She begged, as she took a finger taller than a skyscraper and played with her clit like she did last night.

Dr. Black was shaken out of it by Dr. Vale grabbing him by his collar and shaking him. “She’s gonna kill us all, man!” He yelled. He pushed the crazed doctor off of him, sending him clattering against the desk. There was no way sweet, funny, innocent Trish would hurt anyone even if she did grow past thirty feet tall. He was unsure what four years down the road would look like, but one thing was certain, he had to protect her now. He balled up his fist, and delivered a swift downward blow to the prone and cowering doctor, knocking him out.

Thomas had to think fast. If Dr. Vale had already called the authorities, there was probably no chance of hiding her at her dad’s place. He kicked himself for his hairbrained scheme to keep her close to him. He should have just let her go to her dad’s and lived her life there. Now she was at risk of being thrown into a government lab where she would be experimented on, and likely killed. The thought of it made his chest hurt.

Then a thought occurred to him. What if his trying to protect her was the issue all along? He opened the door to the hallway, looking both ways, and sprinted back to the gym being careful not to be seen.

He found Trish laying in bed, watching TV on her projector with a bored expression on her face that melted away as soon as she saw Thomas running to her.

“Trish! Trish! We have to go!” He yelled. Trish’s brow furrowed and looked around the sports complex that had been her entire world for the last couple of weeks.

“Go where?” She asked, but was already standing to follow.

“Into the city.” He said. Trish’s eyes lit up. 


“Really, outside?” Her face brightened. “Wait, why?”

He signaled for her to get down to his level. She knelt down on one knee and hunched her back forward to get closer to him.

“The government is here.” He hissed. “And if we don’t do this, there is a high chance that you get ‘disappeared’.”

Trish scoffed. “You sound like my dad.” She said, not amused, and stood up to take back her spot on the bed.

“I’m serious, Trish.” He said. “We’re going, now.” He reached up for her hand dangling at her hip, and pulled her to the back entrance by the pool. Trish almost resisted, but couldn’t help but be swayed by the doctor taking charge. Trish was now a full three feet taller than most doors, so she had to get on her hands and knees to squeeze through this part of the complex. Soon the two of them picked their way through the forest as Thomas relayed the plan. As they reached the edge of the forest and about to step onto city roads, Trish hesitated.

“I don’t know if I want to be news.” She said shyly.

“It’s the only way to keep the government from wiping you off the face of the earth. You can’t disappear when everyone is looking at you.” He said, motioning her forward, but she stood still behind the tree she hid behind, her head well in the branches.

“What if I should disappear though?” She said, “What if I am a danger to people?” She drifted back to the thoughts she had when she was drunk, of overpowering Thomas to satisfy her.

Thomas frowned, gave her an empathetic look, and then walked up to her to grab her hand. “You’re not a monster Trish, you’re a kind soul that just so happens to be going through extraordinary changes.” He said, and without asking, gently coaxed her forward. She felt his arm pulling on hers, and though she could easily stand her ground if she wanted, decides to trust him. She took a timid step out of the darkness of the forest and into the small city. She was very nervous, but whenever she felt like she couldn’t take another step, she squeezed Thomas’s hand with her thumb to reassure herself.

Nobody had seen anyone her size before, so as soon as she would turn a corner all eyes would be on her. Of course, then came the cameras, which was Thomas’s plan all along.

“Just be yourself. They’ll love you.” Thomas reassured as Trish gulped, and then released her hand.

“H-hey everyone!” She waved her fingers down at the people congregating around her, most not even as tall as her hips as she cut across the city. “I’m Patricia Hostettler! Nice to meet you! I’m going to go sit in the park if you want to talk!” It was hard for her to keep her voice from going cutesy as she saw the smaller people looking up at her with slack jawed expressions.

Word spread around the city like wildfire. People were sticking their heads out their windows as the giant woman passed by. She only had to look up a little bit to greet them, too. By the time she reached the park, there were about fifteen people waiting for her. She waved and smiled at them, and found a place somewhere open and in the grass to sit down cross legged. She started to hunch, but a gentle tap from Dr. Black reminded her to sit up straight, shoulders back, chin up. The small crowd began to grow larger, and soon there were nearly fifty cameras pointed at her. 


“Hey everyone, I’m Patricia Hostettler…” She said, introducing herself just as they had rehearsed in the woods. “I’m kind of just out here to get some fresh air.” She shrugged, passing herself off as totally normal. The crowd burned with questions, and soon a few brave souls were blurting them out at her. 


“How tall are you?”

“About ten and half feet tall.”

“How’d you get so big?”

“Uh, it kind of just happened… it’s kind of still happening.”

“You’re getting bigger?!”

“Yeah, slowly. The doctors think I might grow to fifteen feet.” The crowd gasped.

A little girl approached the giant woman nervously at the coaxing of her parents.

“Can I be as big as you one day?” She asked timidly. Trish hunched down to address the little girl at eye level.

“I hope you never are. Being this big is actually really, really hard.” She said with a sad smile.

Within a few back and forths, the crowd was completely enamored by her demure nature and sense of humor. Being pretty didn’t hurt either. The questions began to grow more invasive as the cameras hungered for more. Questions changed from how much she ate to her sex life, with one man even asking what she was doing that night. She laughed it off uneasily, but shot Thomas a look to see if he noticed someone flirting with her. People came and went, but she was easily the biggest spectacle that the town had seen all year. 


After a little less than half an hour, hospital security was beginning to show up to the scene and eying the proceedings warily. Dr. Black nudged Trish to point them out, signaling that it was time to wrap it up.


Trish rose up to gasps from the crowd as they were reminded just how truly large she was. She stayed bent over, hands on her knees to address her watchers closer to eye level.

“It’s been fun guys, but I think it’s time for me to go back to the hospital. It was nice meeting you all!” She sang, waving her hand down at the crowd. Some of them still followed her as she made her way on the main road back to the university, but were cut off by hospital security quickly forming a perimeter around her.

The hospital was in chaos when they returned, with a load of doctors and Jeb Hostettler himself showing up to give Trish and Dr. Black an earful about how reckless they had been. Threats of lawsuits, threats of reprimands, even threats of arrest flew freely from their mouths as the two rule breakers just sat and absorbed it.

“This was Trish’s choice.” Dr. Black defended with a lie that Trish nodded along to. Trish looked over at Dr. Black defending them, and realizing that she would do anything that man said. “It was bad for her mental health to be cooped up in the gym like that, during summer of all seasons. She had to go get some fresh air.”

“Well you might have thought of maybe starting off small, Dr. Black.” Jacobson spat as he readied himself to go meet the slowly growing fleet of press vans outside the gym.

“Daddy…” Trish whimpered as Jeb remained, pacing in front of them.

“I shounta let ya stay here.” He said, shaking his head. “Now the Feds are gonna come whisk you ‘way.”

“That’s why we did it, daddy, Dr. Black saw a van parked across the street.”

“They can’t make her disappear if everyone’s looking at her.” Dr. Black repeated his wisdom from earlier. “I”m sorry, sir, but we had to act.”

Jeb chewed on his distrust for the government bouncing around in his paranoid mind. He relaxed his shoulders and approached Dr. Black. Suddenly, a right hook from the old rancher sent the young doctor tumbling to the ground.

“That’s all. Good work.” He said, rubbing his knuckles.

“Daddy!” cried Trish as she stooped down to attend to Thomas laid out on the floor. He drifted off into unconsciousness to the feeling of Trish’s large hands helping him up and onto the bed, the last thing he saw was her standing over him, looking down at him with a concerned look.

He dreamed he was staring up at her face while cupped in her hands, her gentle, caring expression painted over her billboard sized face. She brought him up to her lips, wider that he was tall. They puckered, and planted a huge kiss that covered half of his body, her nose brushing against his cheek. She pulled him away so he could get a good look at her face smiling down at him. 


“My hero…” she breathed, her hot breath washing over him.



The next few weeks were a frenzy of media attention. The story of Patricia Hostettler, the woman who inexplicably doubled in size in the span of a few months, made it to the national news in short order. It was mostly reported as a sort of public interest story, a bit of bizarre news to take the edge off of more grim news about the economy, natural disasters, and geopolitics. 


In the first week, stories were cobbled together from footage from Trish’s initial walk through the city. Despite having the confidence and capability to be seen in public, the demand for videos and images of her made her trips into the city quite invasive. Thomas and Trish started to take their walks through the city, mostly so that Thomas could chase away the paparazzi. One time, Trish caught one of them trying to sneak shots up the skirt of her sundress. Though he didn’t get the upskirt photo, the series of images he did take did well enough. A shot of her shocked expression looking down at him from above, a shot of her face covered in a furious blush as she tried to pull her skirt down to hide herself, a shot of her slinking away, eyes cast over he shoulder, and finally, a shot of Thomas Black confronting the man.

Almost immediately Trish began to get solicited by a number of opportunities. A few WNBA teams wanted to know if she was willing to try out. A few clothing companies wanted to know if she would want to wear sized up versions of their clothes. And of course, various talk shows and news outlets wanted to figure out some way to schedule an interview. The mail was pouring in day after day, so much that the hospital assigned Melanie to help Trish as a sort of assistant.

“I don’t want to be a spectacle.” She confided in the short blonde woman as she tossed one of a million sponsorship opportunities over her shoulder.

“I hear you.” Melanie nodded, rifling through the stack. “But still, all these letters represent a lot of free stuff. Look here, this is a big fashion designer, you could be wearing couture on your trips to town.” She flashed Trish the offer letter with a cocked eyebrow.

“Maybe we can ask them if they’ll do shoes? ‘Excuse me ma’am, do these come in size a thousand?”

“Hahaha! I’ll put it in the ‘maybe’ pile.” Melanie smile and picked up the next stack to look through.

“Hey, having fun without me?” Thomas asked as he entered. Trish could immediately tell he had bad news for her. Just the way he was walking, the way he was turning up his confidence.

“Just going through Trish’s mail.” Melanie smiled and beckoned him over for a kiss. Trish pretended that the ceiling had something interesting going on as they locked lips.

“Anything good?” He asked Trish.

“I might have a very promising future as a center for the Chicago Bulls.” She said sarcastically. “What’s that?” She asked, pointed to a packet of papers she spotted held nonchalantly at Thomas’s side.

“Oh, uh, Melanie, could Trish and I have a moment?” Thomas asked his girlfriend, holding his hand down to offer to help her stand.

“No it’s ok.” Trish interrupted, pushing her hand down on Melanie’s shoulder to get her to keep sitting. Thomas cocked his eyebrow at her, challenging her decision without words. Trish immediately felt her heart sink. Whatever it was, it was bad news. Trish gulped, but then quickly tilted her chin up. I need to show that I’m able to handle this, she thought.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” She reiterated. Thomas gave her a calculated look and nodded, a faint smile lighting his lips that made Trish’s heart flutter.

“Ok.” He said, waving the packet over his head. “This is the latest report from the research lab about your growth.” Thomas paused for a few seconds, giving Trish a chance to interrupt him as an out. Trish straightened her back in response, bracing herself. She fervently wished it was news that her growth was slowing down, but she knew deep down that this would not be the case. Now she just hoped it wasn’t getting faster. After reaching 11 feet tall, the world seemed to be getting tiny at an incredibly fast pace.

“They confirmed that you will indeed grow to at least 30 feet tall.” Melanie stifled a gasp. It was the first time anyone outside of the department heads and Trish’s immediate family that had heard that number in relation to Trish.

Trish was well versed in picturing herself at that size thanks to Thomas preparing her for it with the visualization exercises. She knew 30 feet tall would mean being taller than houses. She would never be able to fit inside most buildings, and normal sized people wouldn’t be taller than her mid shins.

“Oh, is that all?” She said, putting on a show of confidence. She had been praying each night that fifteen feet tall would be the limit. Thomas could tell she wasn’t being truthful with her feelings.

“Melanie, could you actually give us a moment?”

“No, I’m serious, it’s fine for Melanie to stay.” Trish furrowed her brow in determination, resisting the lump forming in her throat.

“Trish, it’s ok to feel sad about this.” Thomas said bluntly. “I know it wasn’t the news you wanted to hear. It’s ok to be sad. You don’t have to be brave for anyone.”

Trish resisted shaking, his words rolling over her like a protective blanket, inviting her to be vulnerable. She wanted to be strong for Thomas. She wanted to show him that he had fixed her, that she was going to be ok, and maybe he wouldn’t need to be her therapist and they could be just friends… or something more… But it was no use. She felt too protected, and the lump in her throat exploded into an arrested sob. Trish cried deeply, right in front of Melanie. She buried her face in her hands to hide herself from them, but soon she felt both of their small hands on her shoulders to comfort her.


The culmination of the whirlwind of going public as an exclusive interview with a national news organization. Jeb hired a public relations firm to help set the story up so that Trish could tell her side of things and perhaps get some public sympathy ahead of her becoming scarily huge.

The news crew arrived in the morning for their profile, in time for Trish’s daily measurement. They filmed her as the doctors explained that they had to use a truck scale for her weight, which today read just shy of 900 pounds. To measure her height, they had her lay down on the floor of the gym. The shot they used showed Trish wearing her short athletic shorts and a tight t-shirt, smiling sheepishly at the camera, arms around her legs as she was curled into a ball. The doctors came with the measuring tape and told her to stretch out, and she complied


The camera people had misjudged just how long her legs were, so she softly said “watch out!” as she extended them forward, pointing her toes down. Her feet, 1 and a half feet long each, were as tall as the cameraman’s shins. The giantess gave one more nervous smile to the cameraman by her feet before she rolled her spine back, laying flat on the ground. The cameraman did a panning shot over her body as the doctors moved to measure her. Up the length of her long legs, towards her hips, where her hip bones stuck out, lifting the waistband of her shorts ever so slightly. Laying down like this exposed a small band of her flat tummy and a peek of her belly button. The cameraman couldn’t help but wonder how heavy her breasts must be, which would be on the larger side for a woman of normal size, making them look like the size of cantaloupes on the scaled up Trish. He panned over the swell of her breasts where the muscles of her neck flexed to look over at him from the ground, a little bit of red in her cheeks.

“Is this ever annoying?” Nancy, the reporter, asked.

“Sometimes getting measured is annoying.” She said, remembering earlier advice from Nancy to restate the question to help the editors make it sound natural. “And I hate hearing that I’m bigger each day, but it’s important to know.”

“11 feet, 2 inches” The doctor read, letting go of the tape. The reporter let out a shocked gasp and Trish let out an exasperated sigh. “See? It sucks.” Two inches away until she was exactly twice my size, Thomas mused from outside of the shot, present to give Trish the support.

Next were shots of the giant woman comparing her body to the reporter. The reporter was a shorter woman, barely 5’4” in heels, and the director made sure to highlight their shocking differences in height in many ways. There was a sequence of the reporter walking between Trish’s legs, standing well shorter than her inseam. There were shots of them pressing their hands and feet to each other. The reporter’s entire hand rested easily in her palm, and her big toe was nearly the size of the woman’s entire foot.

“That’s great you guys.” Said the director. “Let’s do one more, Ms. Hostettler, can you pick up Nancy and hold her to your hip?”

“Like a baby?” Trish asked, color returning to her cheeks. Since becoming double almost everyone’s size, she had been struggling with how little and cute everyone was getting. It took everything from her to resist pinching their widdle cheeks.

“Yes, like a baby.”

“I dunno Chris-” Nancy started to protest. She was trying to find the words to express what made her uncomfortable about it when she saw the amazon putting her hands on her knees to bring her face closer to hers.


“What do you think? Don't worry, I'll be gentle.” She said, her eyes sparkling. Nancy looked back at the director, who gave a nod. Nancy gulped down her fear and held her arms up like a child asking to be picked up.

“Ah!” She shouted as she was lifted in the air, and now she was blushing, too. Trish used her arm to create a seat for the woman, and brought her other large hand around her back to hold her firmly to her chest. Trish’s size made the reporter look like a toddler in a pant suit, her high heeled feet dangling helplessly by the woman’s thighs. Trish looked down at the small woman pressed against her body and felt a warm fuzzy feeling that made her smile. 


“Ok, can you get the shot?” Nancy asked panickedly as she looked at the ground from a vantage point that one only normally gets from being on top of an 8 foot ladder.

“That’s great. Hold it. Nancy, can you put your arm up on her shoulder? Great.” Dr. Black nearly had to excuse himself as he watched it happen. The way she picked her up with ease, the way she balanced her on the wide swell of her hip. The way her left boob was pressing oh so subtly against her small body, and her smile, that warm, humorful smile. The thought occurred to him that she would make a great mother.

After they got the shot Trish returned Nancy to earth, and took her position for the interview. They had her sit on the floor of the gym opposite Nancy. Sitting with her butt on the ground, the growing woman was much taller than the reporter who was barely as tall as her eye line. It made for a great shot demonstrating her size but still allowed the two to connect.

As was arranged, the questions were mostly soft balls, and Trish knew they were all coming. The two women made each other laugh as they discussed the difficulty of clothing and feeding her. There was a somber moment where Trish divulged how lonely it was when she first started growing, but with the help of the doctors and her friends she was feeling more like herself.

“...just bigger. A lot bigger.” She smiled.

“More to love.” Nancy agreed. “Speaking of love, what’s it like for a young woman of your height to find it? Since revealing yourself have there been any eligible bachelors that rise to your standards?”

Trish blushed, and avoided glancing past the camera to where Thomas stood. She shook her head. “I’m just focused on adapting right now, I’m going through too much to bring a boy into the mix.” She laughed. “But maybe one day.”

“And what does your future hold? I’ve been told you’re expected to grow to an astounding fifteen feet tall. What will your life look like at that size? I assume you won’t be living on a basketball court forever.”

Trish wobbled uncomfortably, chewing her lips and picking at her clothes with her long fingers.

“Actually…” She started. “We just got a report back that said I could grow to thirty feet tall, and I will most likely be that tall in about 6 months.”

The reporter almost dropped her microphone, her mind filled with the thought of the woman that just easily manhandled her and held her like a baby being three times as tall as she was now. She would be the size of a kitten to her.

“I’m sorry, can you repeat that please?”

The scared look on the reporter’s face was making her self conscious. Now she did look past the cameras to Thomas for support. The doctor tilted his chin up and flexed his arms, and mouthed “you got this.” Trish put on a determined face and nodded.

“I’ll probably grow to 30 feet tall, the doctors say.  It’s honestly pretty scary, but as long as I have the support of my family and friends, I’ll be able to get through anything.”

The reporter nodded dumbly, digging deep to remain professional in the face of that bombshell, but not managing to think of anything to say. Instead, after a brief pause she turned to the camera.

“And there you have it, Patricia Hostettler. The woman who mysteriously grew to become the world’s largest human, and she’s getting… bigger.” She forced a smile. Trish blushed and smiled at the camera too, and gave a subdued wave with her foot long hands. 


Thomas was glad that the reporter seemed content to give her condition an amused shrug, for now. He wondered how big she would have to get for the tone to change, the growth charts Dr. Vale made still lingering in his mind. If Trish didn't stop growing, the news would be reporting on the exploits of a miles-tall woman easily capable of flattening a city with a single step.