- Text Size +
…………….


He stood there enjoying the warmth the words trying to tease answers from him, he had never met her and yet…he felt her…she was here in this room …her presence was every where.


He rubbed his eyes trying to compose him self this felt surreal to him he needed to get out and breath in some fresh air to clear his head, Jonathon it seemed was still on his mind his disappearance still demanding answers.


He walked through the park enjoying the early morning sun shine his mind open to the world around him, he was vulnerable an innocent mind easily captured.

He saw her she was sat on a park bench her long hair hung down over her shoulders she was bathed in sun light an angel sat alone.


She was reading a novel he stopped unable to look away his inhibitions had left him he walked towards her not sure what he was going to do. She certainly looked like the girl from the morning, what harm could be done asking her if she was outside his window so early in the morning.

“Hello…..i hope you don’t think me rude but were you outside Dewstow Street this morning at 6.30 am.”


He waited as a child would when going before the head master at school, he held his hands tightly together his shoulders stiff, his heart beating furiously in his chest as he waited patiently for her to reply.

She raised her head a smile on her face.


“Why do you ask such a question of me have we met...or is this your way of picking me up. If it is then I must say it’s very original.”


Mathew was now lost for words his shy unimposing manner had once again let him down he struggled to compose himself his lack of confidence now evident to her she smiled at him trying to reassure him, but to no avail.


She stood up and held his hand it was warm and inviting she sat him down beside her, he stared at her open mouthed his words had fled he was alone with her the surroundings blurred into the back ground she was his world.


He could hear her voice it was soothing it touched his heart the smell of her perfume filled his nostrils.


She was warm to the touch he rubbed her soft skin her words drifting through the air he felt at ease with her.


They spoke about the mornings events although no answers were given so much more was said the minutes turning to hours time had taken flight and left them behind.


He jumped up his alarm clock ringing in his ears, he sat there the dawns rays clawing at the curtains trying to break in. he looked around the room …his bedroom…but what of the girl…he stared at the emptiness the hollow shell of four walls, he cried the dream was so perfect the girls face imprinted in his memories…why couldn’t it be real it felt so real and yet he had nothing.


He rubbed his eyes in disbelief and yet the smell of her perfume was on his hands it was strong a vibrant intoxicating aroma one that you would never forget, but how could that be he was at home lying in his bed another working day awaiting him…and yet the smell of her perfume filled the air …………..