- Text Size +

In the Greater Galactic Community, helper robots and androids were so ubiquitous that just about anyone could acquire one cheaply. Even a child given an allowance for treats could buy some of the cheapest models if they saved enough.


For androids meant for cleaning, there are many makes and models for any and all needs an individual may require: Some industrial, others for basic chores.


Among the countless machines on the market, one particular model was relegated to a lonely woman in a spaceship camper.


Generic doll model: maid, affectionately named Dasa, is a palm-sized android servant. For the average doll of her sort, they lack any official branding and are comparably outdated by most metrics.


Regardless of efficiency or aesthetics, to the rather tall woman named Ina, her modified doll was all she needed. Whether as a companion she could confide in, or due to her lack of personal hygiene, Dasa was effectively Ina's only friend.


During one of their usual days traveling through space, the palm-sized maid was undergoing a battery of chores. Everything from picking up and sanitizing discarded clothes, removing stains on the deck, disintegrating debris, to cleaning up Ina's body while she was busy writing novels on her laptop.


She ran a full diagnostic of the vessel to make sure no unwanted visitors somehow managed to survive her cleaning. The maid even kept track of the navigation systems to ensure they were on the right course.


Thus, the perceived workday ended. Sometimes the experience gets shaken up by Dasa helping her master relieve pent-up sexual urges, or maybe Dasa has to instruct Ina how to cook her own meals for personal development.


Life inside the ship was a time chamber. Some of the only consistent breaks in monotony was the small android and the messy auburn-haired woman watching movies together. Most of the time, Ina just talks about her favorite books and authors to her maid. Even if Dasa had no idea what Ina was rambling about, she still listened without fail.


While suffering from writer's block, Ina decided to break out her muse maker. Heading straight to the kitchen, she reached up into the cupboard. In her hands were a shot glass and a reused alcohol bottle that had ‘carbonaceous chondrites meteorites alcohol’ written in tiny, steady letters.


Returning back to her workstation, the maid happened to be sitting next to the mouse. The two stared directly into each other's eyes, and gave a mutual nod at each other.


Ina popped the end of the bottle, releasing a powerful odor so concentrated that it immediately set off the atmosphere monitoring alarms. With the same urgency, Dasa swiftly went off to fix the issue.


The woman stared at the bottle with a mix of abject fear and disgust. The unknown proof of their science project invaded her nostrils. When Ina began to pour a shot, the smell intensified. The concoction was already sending her soul to the land of drunken dreams. 


By some miracle, she firmly placed the bottle down, resealed it, then glanced at the clear-death sitting inside the glass. The tall woman's eyes watered; all the nerves in her body and the ancient mechanisms lying dormant in her brain screamed in protest against drinking the meteor alcohol.


Ina's thoughts were given some respite when the atmosphere control limits were adjusted. Hopping back up to the workstation, Dasa wordlessly approached the shot glass then submerged herself in the drink.


After a few moments, the android absorbed both the fluid and the airborne particulates from the drink. When Ina was able to breathe again, she wiped off her tears using her sleeve then rested her arms on the desk.


Dasa did the same thing, except she rested over the glass rim then stuck her tongue out to administer a tiny sample. Despite maintaining confidence in her maid, when the woman stuck her tongue out, the muscle was trembling like it had met its God.


The android ended up initiating the transfer. She lunged forward and placed a diluted drop of meteor alcohol in the center of Ina's tongue.


Without a single moment lost, Ina stood straight up; knocking over her maid and shot glass. Her tongue numbed immediately from the horrid taste of heavy metal. Every pore that could possibly exist on her body flared wide. Whatever water content her body consisted of had disappeared.  All the nerves, senses and her will to live had collapsed into the 10th circle of hell, with no sign of stopping.


This series of events occurred within nanoseconds. Accepting that mistakes were made, Ina laid down against the carpeted ground and stared at the ceiling with cloudy eyes.


“Hey…Dasa.” Her speech was already slurred, yet coherent.


“Yes, Ina?” The tiny maid looked over the side and stared down at the wrecked body of her friend.


“Don't…don't get the blanket this time. I'll just sleep…down here again.” Dasa glanced her posture up and down.


“Ina, I recommend turning to your side.” The larger woman nodded her head, then did as requested.


“Oh…oh, you're right…thank you Dasa. I'll come back in the morning…” Then, she passed out.


Leaving the maid to her own devices, Dasa gained access to the laptop then read her progress thus far.


Like her friend's hair, the folders were a rat's nest. More abandoned projects than stars in the universe, a serialization that lives and dies on the phases of alcoholism and a publisher's home life, and some of the most consistently completed works were one-off books or slash fiction.


Dasa read through the current serialization of Ina's work, and genuinely liked it. The series pertained to giant monsters. Among the work, there were even two characters shamelessly inserted reflecting them; except Ina was a scientist and Dasa was a giant combat maid fighting monsters. In this case, Dina and Idasa respectively.


Due to this discovery, Dasa ended up discovering the massive folder named ‘Didasa’ and witnessed the unholy nature of the Galactic community's lust. Despite the quiet horror crawling into her AI core, the countless fanart had inspired the small android.


Leaving the workstation, she entered the bridge and began to adjust and override the spaceship camper's navigation plan. Simultaneously, she analyzed a battery of signals that have traveled the great void of space.


Dissecting the overlapping messages blasted into space by a multitude of young civilizations, the doll searched for a specific frequency within peculiar propagation characteristics.


Eventually, she discovered four planets in short range that fell into her desired metrics. Nothing too low, or high, although it took a short while to decode all four planets’ high-frequency radios, television and radar signals.


Using a language interpreting algorithm, Dasa guesstimated their names as Earth, Sodyka, Galiff and Meridezzi. Of the four, it was determined that Meridezzi had the closest comparable technological equivalence to the rest of the Galaxy, but only relatively.


Even though their vessel was just a standard spaceship camper, the maid estimated that its signal signatures had a genuine chance of frying the other three planets’ electronics if they approached carelessly. She did note for later reference that the so-called Humans of Earth were a splitting image of Ina and her.


With their new destination to Meridezzi, Dasa decided to crack into their entire internet network. Not even a second had passed since she began, and the android had already broken into both commercial and encrypted military signals that spanned the entire planet.


While comprehending the several yottabytes of information, Dasa decided it was easier to compartmentalize her thoughts. She relegated a part of her ego to temporarily reside in the planetside systems.


“They call this cutting edge? Okay, I see how it is…wait, this is basically a children's--” A portion of Dasa's separated thoughts had began to rant endlessly about the planet's relative technological prowess.


Within mere minutes, the maid was about to witness their spacecraft enter Meridezzi's perceived range of detection.