- Text Size +
Chapter 2

The man was a little bit taller than Stacey with brown hair and blue eyes.

"Ernie Campbell?" Stacey asked, when words finally came to her.

"It's me." He replied.

They went and hugged each other, which caught the attention of co-workers.

"Is there a place we can talk in private?" Stacey asked.

Ernie nodded then led her to his office. Making sure the door was shut.

 

"When you got transferred, I thought I never see you again. That was the impression you gave me over the phone." She told him.

"I couldn't tell you that I got shrunk and was working in Tinyville." He replied.

"Wait a minute. You were already shrunk when we had our last phone conversation?"

"Yes. We do have phone and computer links to the outside. I take it your job got transferred here."

"Yes. Man, all I did was bump into her coming back from the coffee machine and the next thing I know I'm shrunk."

"She's still doing that stunt."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it Stacey. She's a super witch. Technically half witch, but still very powerful. She can teleport at will and transform people also at will. Do you really think such a being would let herself get bumped accidentally?"

"Are you saying she ran into me on purpose?" Stacey asked.

"That's how she got me. She knew I would make a remark about her lack of height. Giving her an excuse to shrink me."

"If I wasn't less than an inch tall I would kill that bitch."

"That is easier said than done. People have tried."

"When you said transform people at will. You don't just mean shrinking do you."

"I've heard of people having their race and or gender changed. And one poor guy, who works here used to be a white man, now he's a Chinese girl."

"When you said, transformed, I thought you mean into animals or inanimate objects."

"I met her cat once. It claimed to be a human woman once. God knows if it was telling the truth."

"A talking cat. Somehow that doesn’t surprise me."

"I better let you get back to work. We'll talk after work."

"All right. I'm going to need a ride to the hotel anyway."

 

Stacey wasn't that surprised to see her Echo hatchback in the hotel parking lot. Next to it were the rest of her belongings, packed away in boxes. The only thing missing was her bed.

"Your stuff I assume?" Ernie asked.

"Yes. Wonder where my bed is?"

"Only Dai knows." Was Ernie's reply.

"What's give her the right to take my stuff and dump it here?"

"Because I can."

Eric and Stacey looked up to see Dai looking down at them. The Japanese American was wearing a red swimsuit.

"I was just going for a swim when I saw you. How do you like Tinyville?"

"You bumped into me on purpose didn't you?"

"Figured it out did you? I admit I thought about shrinking you for sometime. I had already shrunk your boyfriend months earlier. You should be happy that you’re the same size as your boyfriend."

Stacey then exploded with rage.

"HAPPY! You had no right to shrink us. No right to build towns where you can play goddess."

"I'm a super witch not a goddess." Dai pointed out.

"You act like you’re a goddess."

"Stacey you're getting her mad." Ernie warned.

 

"You don't seam to realize how pleasant life for you is here in Tinyville. You need a taste of life outside the dome. I sentience you to an evening in the apartment."

"What can so be bad about an apartment?" Stacey wondered.

 

At first Stacey didn't realize she was in an apartment. Everything was so big. She was in what she guessed was the living room.  She was in the middle of the floor. To her left, was a television set with a huge (to her) screen, 24 inches by 24 inches or on her scale 200 feet high and 200 feet wide. To her right was a coach the size of a mountain. A coffee table was also in sight.

 

"This must be an ordinary apartment. But yet everything seams to be 100 times bigger." She muttered to herself.

 

"And they call me a mini." A voice said behind her.

Stacey turned and found herself facing a three-inch tall redhead dressed in pink shorts and a pink bra. Of course those three inches looked like 25 feet to Stacey.

"You don't look mini to me."

"Well, I bet you’re less than an inch tall, making you by far the smallest SW here."

"Who are you talking to Ann?" A female voice asked.

 

To be fair, at six feet tall, Susan Drew was a tall woman. But to poor Stacey it was like a 600-foot mountain was looking down at her.

"And I thought Dai was big." She muttered.

"Who?" The both Susan and the mini redhead asked.

"Dai Pearson she's the super witch who shrunk me."

"I can relate to that." Susan said.

"You can?" Stacey asked. Surprise showing in her voice.

"I was once shrunk by a super witch named Catherine." Susan replied.

"I won't hurt you." She added after seeing that Stacey was still uneasy.

 

Suddenly an inch tall woman appeared. To Stacey she appeared to be eight feet tall.

"Hello folks. My name is Jennifer. I'm a mini goddess. As why I'm here, I'm here to take Stacey back to Tinyville."

"Tinyville?" Susan asked.

"That's Stacey's home. Come with me Stacey, unless you want to stay here."

Stacey then went into Jennifer's arms. Then they both disappeared from sight.

 

They reappeared on a beach. Stacey was shocked to see Ernie applying suntan lotion on Dai's legs.

"Ernie, what the heck are you doing?" She asked.

"Stacey!" He cried.

"How did you get back?" Dai asked. Then she noticed the mini goddess standing next to her.

"I brought her back." Jennifer said.

 

A paperback book then appeared in Dai's hands. "Goddesses of the Wishbone Multiuniverse" was the title. She then flipped through the pages stopping at what she wanted.

 

"Ah. Here you are. Jennifer Dolan, why are you sticking you nose in my affairs?"

"All shrunken people under an inch tall fall under my responsibility."

"But you never interfered with my subjects before."

"I don't have to explain myself to you. Keep in mind I will be watching." Jennifer then disappeared from sight.

 

Dai then let out a curse in Japanese. Then she turned her attention to Stacey?"

"Now what to do with you? Force you to read this paperback maybe?" She then placed the book on the ground before her. It was no bigger than your average paperback, but to the shrunken couple it was the size of a five-story building.

"Um. I'm too small to read that book."

"What's this? Stacey Miller admitting she's too small to do something."

"You could make the book smaller."

Dai then laughed.

"Nice try. But that would too easy. I'll play with you later."

Dai then disappeared from sight taking the book with her.

 

"For a moment I thought she would force you to try to read that book."

"I hate to admit it. But I'm now too small to read a paperback." She then burst into tears.

"It's all right. I'm here." Ernie did his best to comfort her. After a few minutes she clamed down.

"Thanks. But what I'm a going to do? I don't even have a home anymore."

"I'm sure the mayor made arrangements for you to get a house. They should know at the hotel. Besides if worse comes to worse you can stay with me."

 

The owners of the hotel turned out to be an older couple named the Campbells.

"The mayor did say that he found a mini home for you. Let's see the address is 140 mini lane." Mr. Campbell told Stacey.

"Mini Lane? That's just a few blocks from my house." Ernie said.

"That's good. That means you can help me move."

"Gulp!" Went Ernie.

 

Several days passed. Not much happened. Stacey got settled in her house. (Her bed was already there) And things went smoothly at her job. When Friday came she decided to go out on the town.

 

It was a crowd at the "Tiny Club" the local bar in Tinyville. Stacey sat down by a cute Chinese girl.

"Hello Stacey." The Chinese girl said.

"Do I know you?" Stacey asked.

"I know Ernie your boyfriend. When I was a man, we used to be drinking buddies."

"Say what?" Then a light came on in Stacey's brain.

"You're that guy that got turned into a Chinese girl."

"Correct, name is Mark BTW.

"Why did she do that?"

"We were on a date. We were eating in a Chinese restaurant when I made the remark about Asian girls being forced by their culture to obey men. The next thing I know, I'm several inches smaller and a girl to boot."

"You didn't shrink to this size right away?"

"That took place about a week later. It was Saturday and Dai took me and some other men and women to these woods in the middle of nowhere, Then she brought out this gun and said she wanted to use us for target practice. We took off running in the woods, but she hunted us down one by one with that size change gun."

"I never heard of a size change gun."

"She's gets them from "Stan's growth and Shrink Rays". A company she owns stock in. I managed to dodge her for a while, but she got me in the back. Running through the woods when your 5'4" is one thing. Running in woods where in the insects are as big or bigger than you are is another. I was soon begging for Dai to save me."

"The woods sound like a death trap."

"She uses them as punishment sometime."

"Hope she's not planning on sending me there. Wish I know what Dai planning." Stacey muttered.

"I don't know, but the weekend is often play time for Dai."

"And it's Friday night. I don't have a good feeling about this."

 

Dai entered her private bedroom. On her bed was a white cat.

"MARY! I told you not to get on my bed."

The cat jumped off the bed in a flash.

"Please don't punish me mistress." She begged. (The cat was a mortal familiar. That is a mortal that got turned into a cat.)

"You disobeyed me. I have no choice but to punish you. Maybe a refresher course at Ms. Odd obedience school for cats."

"Anything but that." The cat begged. Even more than Dai Pearson herself, the cat feared Ms. Odd.

"Ok. I sentence you to a night to being as small as a mouse." Dai waved her hand and Mary the cat then shrank to the size of a small mouse. Then Dai teleported the tiny cat to the backyard.

 

"Mini come here."

Mini was a blond haired woman that was once known as Mandy. At three inches tall she was by far the largest of Dai's shrunken people. She lived in a shrunken house on a shelf on the wall.

"You called mistress?" She asked.

"I plan to make this weekend a 'games' weekend. And I want your feedback."

A pad with a list of scenario's appeared in Dai's hands.

 

"I'm having trouble deciding. Which scenario should I run in the simulation dome?"

Dai then showed the list to the mini. This is what she read:

 

Sim Shiori: It's WWII and Shiori the evil GTS-Goddess is invading North America. I (Dai) will be taking the role of Shiori.

 

Charmed fun: A charmed simulation

 

Demon Busters: The demon busters fight their greatest threat yet. A demon/sizechanger hybrid played by me. (Dai)

 

What's the worst that could happen?: Takes the victim through the worst fates that can happen to a person in the wishbone multiverse.

 

Attack of the Human Haters: The president of the United States has to defend his/her country from the Human Haters.

 

"Didn't you get a note from Shiori saying she doesn't like being the subject of GTS-Goddess sims?" The min asked.

"That's right. I had forgotten about that. No point getting a 3,000 foot GTS-Goddess mad at me."

"As for the others. "What's the worst that can happen?" Sucks. "Attack of the human haters" might be good if you want to punish someone. Personally I go with Charmed fun or Demon Busters."

"I see thanks for your input mini."

 

Stacey was lying on her bed. Next to her was her boyfriend Ernie.

 

"STACEY AND ERNIE COME ON OUT."

"Groan is it morning already." Ernie moaned.

"Guess I should see what see wants." Stacey muttered.

 

Dai was wanting for them outside. Her eyes were looking down at the tiny couple.

"I'm going to give you a choice. You can spend the weekend reading this goddess guide." The paperback then appeared in Dai's hands. "Or you can spend the weekend in a simulation dome."

"You know I'm too small to read that book. Is their any other options?"

"You can try giantess climbing with me as the giantess." Dai replied.

"Yuk! I wish I wasn't so powerless." Stacey moaned.

"I think I know the perfect simulation for you."

"Why do I have the feeling I'm not going to like this." Stacey muttered as Dai waved her hand and Stacey and Ernie then disappeared from Tinyville.

 

To be continued

 

Interlude

A blond woman picks up a cell phone and dials.

"Hello?" A voice on the other end asks.

"This is Cathy calling on behalf of Irving cruisin to win contest." The blond says.

"You called the wrong person Cathy." The voice on the other end replied.

The blond woman then shrank to the size of an ant. A Japanese woman then appeared next to her.

"What happened?" Cathy asked. Wondering why everything seamed so big.

"Your radio commercials have bothered people for the last time." The Japanese woman replied. She then snapped her fingers and Cathy found herself in the Palm of the giantess hand. Then they teleported elsewhere.

 

"Where are we and who are you?" Cathy asked.

"We are in the pool building of the Linkletter Inn and convention centre located in beautiful Summerside, Prince Edward Island. As for me call me Ms. Pearson."

The pool was full of water but empty of people.

"Let's see if Micro's can swim." Dai then threw the ant-sized blond into the swimming pool.

"Now to get back to what I was doing." Dai muttered to herself before disappearing from sight.

"Help!" Cathy cried. But Dai had already ready left. Leaving Cathy to thread water.

 

End interlude

To be continued