- Text Size +

Sota watched the countryside rolling by outside the train window. Their hometown wasn’t far, but the older train that connected it to Hokuei took about two hours to reach it. This was fine with Sota, in his view trips home were always somewhat… meditative, and he enjoyed the time to think.

“Quit shoving!” Sanae’s voice called from outside

He sighed, or he would have enjoyed the time to think, if the usual causes of his stress hadn’t all decided to accompany them.

“Just let them fight it out,” Kaoru grumbled in a tired voice.

His sister was sprawled across the entirety of the other bench in their small train cabin, her enormous form barely able to stay upright as she tried to catch a nap on the trip. She’d always taken the same cabin as he did when they took the train, although in this altered reality, with her size being what it was, that proved… difficult.

Sota chuckled as he got up, “No, it’s going to cause no end of trouble for us if they cause enough havoc back there to get us kicked off somehow.”

He walked out of the small private cabin he’d ticketed for himself and Kaoru, sighing as he walked down the carpeted corridor. He slid the door open at the end of the car, revealing the general passenger cabin trailing behind, embroiled in a scene of absolute chaos. The girls could just barely fit in the train, with their heads bumping against the ceiling as they jostled against one another for room. With their feet flat on the floor most of them were stuck in a position with their knees up near their faces, and while the car was thankfully empty except for the members of the volleyball team, they’d all begun shoving each other for room. The twins in particular were glaring at each other murderously, and Sanae, the shortest of the amazonian team, was sandwiched between Ayano, and Kyoka, wailing as the two jostled for position on either side of her.

“Hey!” Sota shouted, catching their attention, “come on guys, you need to make this work!”

“Easy for you to say!” Shizuku shouted angrily. With a huff she pulled her knees up into her chest, barely containing herself in the booth seating, “You and your precious Kaoru are up there in a nice spacious private cabin, while we’re all packed in here like sardines!”

“I didn’t exactly know you guys were all going to want to tag along,” Sota growled, crossing his arms, “and what do you mean my precious Kaoru? She’s my sister! She always takes this trip with me!”

For a moment the entire train car was filled with an uncomfortable silence, then Shizuku just scowled, “You know when we were dating you never shared a train cabin with me.

Sota rolled his eyes, “You’re lucky you got any seats at all, I couldn’t  bill this trip to the university directly, and last minute tickets aren’t exactly cheap!”

“We could have taken my family’s private train!” Ruri piped up. A round of groans and protest rose in response.

“You couldn’t have mentioned that before!?” Kyouka shouted.

“I-I don’t use it much,” Ruri protested, “it’s mostly just kept in storage with the family zeppelin-“

“Okay, seriously,” Sota cut her off with a sigh, “I don’t want to get kicked off the train, so let’s all calm down, okay?”

“Yeah guys,” Sakura chuckled, looking up from her manga, “He’s got to go back and spend some private time with Kaoru.”

Sota frowned as he saw the title of the manga, “Brother-Sister romance? Really Sakura?”

She blushed, and lowered the volume, “I-I uh, was researching, for uh… manga club?”

He rolled his eyes, glancing over to Julia, who was reading a thick English language volume with a roaring dragon on the front, “You should try reading real literature, right Julia?”

“Hmm?” The blond looked up on hearing her name, seeing everyone looking at her she held up the book, “Is a Gaming of Thrones,” she explained with a smile, “Lots of insects in it!”

“It’s got a lot of bugs?” Sota chuckled, “man, American fantasy stuff can get pretty out there.” With that he turned, closing the door behind him. He sighed as he heard the first muffled cry of annoyance as someone shoved someone else, but he decided to follow Kaoru’s advice and simply ignore it.

He relished the quiet as he walked back into the private cabin he shared with Kaoru, “Well?” she mumbled in a tired voice, not opening her eyes, “are they behaving?”

“No,” he laughed, “but I did my best.”

“I let Sakura borrow some manga of mine to read,” Kaoru grumbled, “I hope she doesn’t get any of them torn while they’re all roughhousing back there.”

Sota frowned, Wait, she loaned Sakura some manga to read… He shook his head, it must have been a different one.

He walked to his bench, Kaoru’s arms leapt over the blanket, yanking him off the floor with a cry of surprise. The towering girl easily pulled him up against her chest, snuggling him close as she pulled the blanket up over herself again.

“H-Hey,” Sota stammered in surprise.

“Sorry,” she murmured, “It’s just… Remember when we used to take this train into the city when we were younger? We’d always fall asleep on the way back.”

“Yeah,” he chuckled, looking out the window. Normally he’d have tried to think of some embarrassing memory to mock his sister with, but instead he decided to simply enjoy the ride, finally getting some of the peace and quiet he’d wanted as the train clacked along the old tracks.

Sota stared up at his parent’s apartment complex door, the unit where his family lived and where both he and Kaoru had grown up. The complex itself was fairly modern, having been refurbished sometime in his teens, and with a number of amenities that made it as fine a place to live as anywhere in the larger cities. Overall it wouldn’t normally have attracted any special attention, except for the fact that it was now a multi-story unit, swallowing up their upstairs neighbors and with a door stretching up over fifteen feet tall.

More weirdness, he thought, thinking of how many other things had changed about the world. Idly he wondered if their upstairs neighbors, who he’d never met, had been magically whisked somewhere else. I guess it makes sense if Kaoru lived here that it would have to be big enough for her, he reasoned, but it must be strange for mom and dad to live in a giant sized apartment complex when she hardly ever visits. I’m sure it must have been particularly inconvenient for mom, effectively being my height and all that. Sota recalled his mother being no taller than him, perhaps even an inch or two shorter than him.

“Sota! Kaoru!” his mom cried excitedly, opening the massive front door and bounding outside.

Sota’s eyes went wide as his mother, a middle aged Japanese woman who now stood a solid thirteen feet tall, scooped him up as though he weighed nothing. While his mother’s hugs had always been tight, now he wheezed and had to fight a wince of pain as the gigantic woman swept him off his feet.

“Oh, sorry dear,” she chuckled, lowering him down to the ground, “I always get so worked up when you don’t visit for a long time.”

“N-No problem,” he wheezed, struggling back to his feet. My mom’s now an amazon, go figure , he inwardly grumbled.

“And Kaoru,” his mother beamed, looking up at her daughter, “I swear, you’re taller every time I see you!”

“You’re just saying that,” she laughed, her arms open wide for her own hug.

“Hey you two,” his father said, smiling as he stepped out from behind their mother.

“Hey dad,” Sota said, smiling as he shook hands with his father. “Sorry about the lack of notice, I just need to come by and get some documents, work stuff, you know.”

“I’m just glad you’ve finally got a real career going,” his father laughed, “Sports coaching… I should have guessed you’d be a natural, given how many of your sister’s games you attended!”

“Yeah well, they say do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life, right?” Sota smiled awkwardly. He studied his father for a moment, as if looking for any strange changes. While his mother had been  a few inches shorter than Sota himself in the old world, his father was still his usual six foot six, a shining example of the great genetics that had skipped right over Sota and gone to his sister, much to his chagrin. Nope, looks like Dad is unchanged by… whatever is changing things, although Mom is the tall one now.

His parents noticed the crowd of girls awkwardly waiting as they greeted Sota and Kaoru, “Oh, the volleyball team joined you?” She craned her neck, seeing the girls crowded along the apartment’s railing, “The whole team?”

“Yeah, they’re like cats, they get antsy if you go out of town,” Sota grumbled.

“Hi Misses Tachibana!” Shizuku called, pushing her way to the front, “Remember me? I dated Sota in high school-“

“Oh right,” she said, biting her lip, “Shiruka, was it?”

“Shizuku,” she huffed, “Anyways, Sota and I are dating again, so-“

“Nope!” Sanae shouted angrily, “you don’t get to do that!”

“Do what?” Shizuku asked smugly.

“You can’t just claim official girlfriend status with his parents!”

“Yeah Shizuku,” Nazuna scowled, “that’s a real bitch move.”

“Especially since he’s actually dating me, ” Momomi said with a smug grin, pushing past Shizuku, “Hi, I’m Momomi, Sota’s girlfriend, the rest of these girls are just girls who are friends, so-“

“Oh come on!” Sanae shouted angrily, “You’re not even in the running!”

“The… running?” Sota’s dad asked, turning to him.

Sota blushed, “Uh, just forget what they’re saying, it’s all just a… a joke!”

“A joke?” his mother questioned obliviously.

“Yeah, haha, a silly sort of thing where they all claim they’re dating me, but that would be absurd!” he snarled, looking back at them, “One guy, dating like a dozen girls, right? So it’s a joke.

The girls all looked at each other, then nodded, “Yes, it’s just a big joke,” Sanae said with a smile.

“Part of the joke is that Sota and I once went to a love hotel,” Ayano giggled, “and then-“

“The joke is over!” Sanae snapped, cutting her off and shooting a rather menacing snarl towards Ayano.

“R-Right,” his mother stammered, “would any of you girls like some tea?”

“That’s some joke, ” his father smirked, watching the girls slowly file into the house.

“Yep,” Sota grumbled, “it sure is.”

The apartment’s kitchen and dining room was filled to capacity as every corner and chair was filled by one of the girls sipping on a steaming cup of tea. The group was large enough to have exhausted nearly all of Misses Tachibana’s cups, and by the time Sakura took hers at the end she was forced to pour the hot beverage into an old collector’s cup celebrating a long canceled anime.

“Sorry about that,” she murmured, “we usually don’t have quite so many people coming over all at once.”

“It’s okay,” Sakura breathed, taking in the figures on the side, “I haven’t seen one of these in years…”

“Oh yeah, that one used to be my favorite,” Sota muttered.

Sanae glanced at it, “Uh, hey Sakura, want to trade? This one’s bigger anyways.”

“No!” Sakura snapped, pulling the anime-themed glass away, “This one suits me!”

“Please, if it’s Sota’s favorite from childhood, he’d obviously want his first love to have it,” Shizuku snapped, reaching for the cup.

“Guys, it’s really not that special!” Sota protested, looking up at the amazons nervously. The last thing he wanted was a catfight breaking out in his parents’ home of all places.

“Yeah,” Sakura said, sticking her tongue out at Shizuku, “besides, you’re not his first love anyways, it’s-“

“What’s going on here?” Kaoru scowled, joining them in the kitchen after stowing her and Sota’s bags. She saw the group of girls gathered around Sakura, and scowled, “Who told you that you could use my souvenir cup?” she asked, plucking it from the other amazon’s hands before the girl could so much as blink.

“Y-Yours?” Sakura stammered.

“Yeah, it’s part of a matching set,” Kaoru laughed, opening a nearby cabinet. A second glass in the same style of the first waited. She took it, holding it out for her mother to pour tea into while the girls watched silently, trying to keep envious looks off their faces. Kaoru frowned, looking out at them as she handed the new cup down to Sota, “What? I got these for his birthday.”

“I lost before I even got started,” Shizuku muttered, looking down into her own teacup.

“Hey, come on guys, just because you didn’t get him special matching cups doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you,” Momomi laughed, “I’d be kind of weirded out if Sota and I exchanged gifts at all on our…” she rubbed her chin, “well, we don’t really have an anniversary, but-“

“You can’t have an anniversary unless you’re actually dating,” Kaoru remarked coolly, glaring at the other volleyball player.

“By the way Sota,” Nazuna said, “Shizuna and I would like separate anniversary dates, so-“

“You guys!” Sota hissed, looking up at his mother, who had a stern looking frown on her face as she glanced down at her son. Apparently, the girls really sucked when it came to “reading the room” in situations like this.

“Okay,” Misses Tachibana sighed, setting her own cup down, “It’s time we had a talk.” She glanced around the room, causing the girls to suddenly go tense, “How many of you girls are actually dating my son Sota?”

Ayano broke the silence first, “I’d say that our relationship is more of a friends-with-benefits one, but very good friends! Sanae and Sota are dating though!”

“Uh yeah,” Sanae admitted, blushing.

“Me too!” Shizuku shouted, standing up.

“We uh, have fun together,” Kyouka grumbled, looking away with a blush.

With that the avalanche started, and soon all of the girls were calling out their own opinions on Sota, or more precisely the relationship they saw having with him.

“He’s my best guy friend, who fucks!”

“We’re in a situationship!”

“We’re just having fun!”

“All right, all right!” Miss Tachibana bellowed, “And Sota, he’s not concealing any of this from any of you? There’s no deception involved?” The girls all shook their heads, “Okay,” she sighed in relief, “well, at least he’s not breaking a dozen girl’s hearts…” She rubbed her temples, “My baby boy has become a gigolo, I raised a gigolo… where did I go wrong?”

“I’d say you went pretty right!” Ayano called excitedly.

“Mom, it’s not like that!” he insisted, “D-Dad, help me out?”

Sota’s father took a look at his son, then to Kaoru, who just grimly shook her head, “I’m going to go get some cigarettes,” he declared, “I’ll see you all later!”

“Wait, Dad, you don’t even smoke!” Sota shouted, but his father had made it to the door with the speed of an Olympic sprinter, slamming the door behind him and leaving Sota to face the awkwardness of the conversation with his mother alone. He slowly looked back up to his mother, “Okay, well uh… I guess, there is some truth to the idea that I’m dating…more than one girl,” he began hesitantly.

Kaoru snorted, “Oh, this’ll be good…”

“Oh I’ll be talking to you later,” his mother snapped at her, shutting his sister up with a squeak of fright, “you’re hardly blameless in all of this!”

“M-Me!?” Kaoru scowled, “I didn’t tell him to date a bunch of girls!”

“You invited him to your volleyball dorm to help run things, and look what happened,” his mother said, gesturing at the kitchen full of amazonian girls. “Before he went to work at that university, Sota couldn’t get a date with one girl!”

Sota frowned, “Now that’s not quite-“ his mother’s glare silenced him.

She rubbed her temples a moment, then chuckled, “I’m sorry, it’s just all very shocking. Every woman expects her son to bring home a girlfriend at some point, but a dozen of them is… Well anyway,” she smirked, “you’re a grown man now, living on your own and with all full array of real responsibilities, if you want to play the field with girls for a bit… I suppose that’s your own business.” She turned to the girls, blinking as she took in the sheer number of them, “You like all of these girls, right? You’re not stringing any of them along?”

“No, of course not!” Sota insisted, “It’s not like I planned all of this, it just sort of happened, and they’re all special to me, I swear!”

She regarded the girls, who had mixed expressions of awkwardness and amusement, “And you all like my son, don’t you? I mean you must, if you’re willing to put up with this arrangement?”

“Oh yeah, he’s got the greatest-“ Ayano paused, catching Kaoru’s angry glare, “Personality,” she finished, “it’s a big personality too.”

“You people are sick,” Kaoru moaned, covering her face in embarrassment.

“Yeah, Sota’s a great guy to hang out with,” Kyouka added, hoping to move on from Ayano’s “compliment.”

“We’ve all grown pretty attached to him,” Sanae said with a blush.

“Then I guess that’s all there is to say about it,” Misses Tachibana said with a nod, “if you’re all going to be doing this, just be safe, and check yourselves at the campus health clinic often.”

“MOM!” Sota howled, his face beet red.

“Also, be sure to use protection, I don’t want to find out I’ve become a grandmother a dozen times in a single month,” she said, ignoring him and continuing her lecture.

“I think they knew that one,” Kaoru muttered, looking away in distaste.

“No worries on that end!” Ayano cheerfully declared as she pulled out a whole pack of birth control pills from her back pocket.

“Put those away, please,” grumbled Kyouka, “I don’t think she needs a visual aid in this case.”

“And finally, please be respectful to each other, don’t take advantage of one another, emotionally or physically,” she sighed, “I think that’s everything… I guess college is the time in life for experimenting, right? And this is certainly an… experimental, type of relationship.” She clapped her hands, smiling and startling everyone else in the kitchen, “Now, with that out of the way, what does everyone want for dinner?”

Several hours later the girls had been fed, and with the exception of Kaoru, the volleyball team had retired to a nearby hotel where they were all staying. With them gone the apartment was eerily quiet, and Sota found himself yawning as he stared out the window to his childhood bedroom.

There was a knock at the door, and Kaoru appeared, dressed in an old pair of her pajamas that still fit, “Wow,” she chuckled, “that was some homecoming…”

“I almost died of embarrassment,” he muttered, shaking his head as he looked up at his towering sister.

“That’s what you deserve, for hooking up with the entire volleyball team at once,” she smirked.

“I wasn’t… I mean, I really didn’t mean for it to happen that way,” he insisted weakly.

“Well, that’s how it happened,” Kaoru muttered, watching the sun start to set over their hometown.

“At least whenever you bring home your first boyfriend, it won’t be nearly as bad, right?” Sota laughed.

Kaoru started, “Uh, yeah, I guess not.”

“What, don’t tell me you already have one and I don’t know?” he asked quietly, smiling at his sister’s awkwardness.

“No,” she said quickly, blushing, “the guy I like is uh… there’s a lot of competition for his attention, it just seems like it would be a waste of time. Plus, there’s some other stuff that would probably get in the way if I told him I liked him.”

“If he can’t see what you have to offer, then forget him!” Sota said dismissively, “you’re the Ace of our volleyball team, you’ve got great academics, any guy would have to be a complete dumbass not to want you, Kaoru.”

“Yeah this guy’s a pretty big dumbass all right,” she laughed. She glanced at his old television, “Hey, want to watch a movie, like we used to? It can even be one of those crappy American sci-fi ones.”

“Sure, that sounds like fun,” Sota said, walking over and kneeling down as he looked over his old DVD collection. His finger landed on one, a Japanese dub of The Empire Strikes Back, and he smiled, pulling it free. “I haven’t watched this in years,” he muttered, sliding it into the player. After a troubling amount of buzzing, the old machine whirred to life, playing the opening credits. Sota turned to the small futon in his room, and frowned. In his memories of the old universe, Kaoru and he had always had ample room to spread out on the mattress, in the post-change world though, his fourteen foot tall sister easily spread over the entire thing, with her legs still dangling over the side.

“Well?” she grinned, patting the small free space at her side, “Come on!”

Gingerly he climbed up on the futon, and her strong arms snaked around him, pulling him to her side almost like a wayward teddy bear. He leaned back, raising an eyebrow as Kaoru grabbed a blanket, tossing it over them.

Okay… he thought to himself, this is a little weird, now that we’re-

“Hey, Luke and Leia are brother and sister, right?” Kaoru asked with a frown, recalling the movie’s details.

“Yeah,” Sota said, “but you don’t find out until the next movie.”

“Huh, in this one don’t they-“

“Yeah, they kiss,” Sota said quickly, “but uh… I don’t think the guy who made these had thought that far ahead yet.”

“Yeah, that’s what he wants us all to think,” Kaoru laughed.

“Y-Yeah,” Sota chuckled weakly.

“What do you mean you don’t have my birth certificate?” Sota asked his parents, crossing his arms angrily.

“It must have gotten lost during… spring cleaning,” his mother said awkwardly.

“Or maybe when we had to fumigate the apartment last year,” his father said sheepishly.

“Okay, well I need to go to the hospital and get a paper copy of it then,” Sota groaned.

“No!” his father said, a little too quickly. Sota raised an eyebrow, and the tall man cleared his throat, “That is to say, why waste a nice visit standing in line at some clerk’s office in the hospital basement? Can’t this wait until… any other time?”

“Nope,” Sota shrugged, “the old coach pulled some strings for me, so I’m still getting paid, but to enroll in the university’s benefits package I need to bring them my birth certificate by this week.”

Sota’s mom sighed, placing her hand on his dad’s shoulder, “We always knew this day would come eventually,” she said quietly.

“Yeah,” his dad sighed, glancing at the door, “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go pick up some cigarette- EEP!” His giant of a mother gripped his father’s arm hard enough to cause him to cry out as she pulled him back from his attempted escape from the awkward conversation.

“We’re all going to the hospital together,” his mother said firmly.

Sota frowned, “I can probably do it by myself,” he said slowly.

“No, it’s better that we go with you,” his mother said grimly.

The hospital basement where the records were kept was dusty enough to make him sneeze as they entered, and his mother had to bend over to fit inside as the trio made their way to the desk, where a bored female clerk looked up from the manga volume she was reading to greet them.

“Can I help you?” she asked.

“We need a copy of a birth certificate for Sota Tachibana,” Sota said, pulling his ID out.

“Eh, no,” Sota’s mother cut in, “Make that the birth certificate for Sota Hayashi…”

Sota frowned, “S-Sota Hayashi? I don’t understand…”

The clerk got up, seemingly oblivious to the family drama as she disappeared into the stacks of dusty folders and papers. Sota’s father moved close to his mother, nodding as she blinked away a quick tear.

“Sota, I want you to know, we only ever saw you as our son, nothing less! And we’ve loved you like you were our own!”

“That’s right,” his father nodded, sniffing himself, “We were going to tell you this someday, but… time got away from us, then you were a man, and we thought maybe we could just… forget it.”

Sota felt a dawning realization, “A-Are you two saying you’re not my real parents!?”

“We are your real parents,” his mother insisted, bumping her head on the low ceiling with a grimace, “just not your birth parents.”

Sota felt numb as the clerk returned, sliding a folder across for him, “N-No way,” he breathed, his hands shaking as he opened it. His eyes slowly traced over the forms, stamped “Sota Hayashi” across the top, complete with his height and weight at birth, his blood type, and even a polaroid photo of what was unmistakably him as a baby.”

“You were born to a very good friend of mine,” said Sota’s mom, “someone who I loved like a sister. We went back a long way, since middle school and we stayed in touch with one another. When I learned that she was pregnant, I was ecstatic for her, just like she was beyond happy for me when I got married and had Kaoru not long afterwards. We were both the maids of honor at each other’s weddings, and we’d even swear to become godmother to the other one’s children if god forbid something happened to either one of us. Then one day…she and her husband passed away in a car accident, and well… we adopted you!” She leaned forward to hug him, gently pressing his head into her bosom, with his father joining the embrace a moment later.

“My birth parents…died when I was a baby?” Sota thought aloud.

“When your mother found out what happened to her friend and her husband, she fought tooth and nail to make sure she could claim you for adoption, out of respect for her friend, but also because she genuinely wanted a son at the time anyway” Sota’s dad explained. “Given the circumstances, we felt that we could provide you with a loving home, as tragic as things started out…we genuinely loved you back then as if you were our son.”

“He is our son,” Mrs. Tachibana interjected as she slightly increased her hold on Sota. “We love you now just as much as we loved you back then. You are our son, Sota, whether or not you’re blood related, understand?”

“Why not tell me this sooner?” Sota mumbled in the hug.

“We…weren’t sure back then,” Sota’s dad explained. “We talked about it in private from time to time, but with the way you were getting along with Kaoru and with us…we didn’t want to risk traumatizing you in some way, to make you feel like your birth parents didn’t love you or something like that.”

“I suppose that’s a moot point either way, given that they died when I was a baby,” Sota muttered. “I mean, I like to think they would have loved me.”

“Of COURSE they would have loved you, Sota!” his mother butted in. “And I wish I could bring them back and watch them raise you and look after you if I could, but we made the best of a tragic situation and wanted the best for you. And just like I entrusted Kaoru to my old friend if something ever happened to me or your father, she entrusted you to my care, because she knew I would look after you like you were my own…and you are my own, Sota. You’re my son, and I love you as a mother, and I’ll never stop loving you as a mother…no matter how much of a horndog gigolo you end up becoming.”

‘Thanks for bringing that up…mom,’ Sota inwardly mumbled, feeling a tad awkward about that last part.

“I understand this is a lot to take in,” his father said, “but we all love you, your mother, me, your sister-“

“I-I just need some time to think about this,” he stammered, gently pushing the two away as he stumbled towards the stairs.

“Of course,” his mother said with a smile, “just come home when you’re ready.” She stopped him for a moment to give him one last hug and a quick smooch on the forehead before letting him go.

Sota stumbled through the lobby of the hotel where the volleyball team was staying. The journey to the front desk, then to the block of rooms they’d reserved, was like a dream. Finally he was knocking on the door to the large suite, looking up at the triple sized hotel door for what seemed like an eternity before Ayano finally opened it, clad only in a towel.

“Sota!” she cried excitedly, letting the garment drop.

He felt his feet lift from the ground, and a moment later his face was buried in a pair of watermelon sized breasts as the team’s forward hugged him tight against her naked chest. Dimly he was aware of a strawberry scent from her body wash, still clinging to her skin, along with a slightly moist feeling, as though she’d just gotten out of a shower.

“S-Sota?” Ayano asked with a frown, noticing his normally lewd and excited reaction was missing.

“I’m not really in the mood for boobies right now,” he muttered.

Ayano’s face went pale, “S-SANAE!” she shrieked, “Something’s wrong with Sota, he might be dying!”

There was a thumping of footsteps as Sanae bolted through the room, eyes wide, “He’s hurt!?”

“No, he’s just kind of… Look!” Ayano held him out, his legs dangling limply below him like he was a ragdoll.

Sanae sighed, “Well, he’s breathing and he’s conscious, so he’s probably not going to die, maybe put him down on the couch?” She glanced around at the rooms in the hallway, “Why don’t you put something on and start rounding up whoever is here?”

“Right,” Ayano said eagerly, setting Sota down on the couch.

“M-Maybe something more than that!” Sanae called, scowling as Ayano went out into the hallway, clad in only the towel she’d answered the door in. The surprised squeals of the other girls as Ayano ducked in on them just made her sigh, and she turned back to Sota. “Okay, what’s going on?”

Sota blinked, looking at her, “I’m… adopted.” Sanae’s eyes widened briefly and her breath caught in her throat before collecint herself.

“Ah, well that’s a pretty big deal,” Sanae said uncomfortably, “how do you feel about it?”

“Shocked, I guess,” he mumbled, “a lot of really weird stuff has been happening to me lately, and I’m kind of wondering… is this all part of it? Or was this always how it was?”

“Ah, another change has occurred to the world?” Sakura said eagerly, producing her notebook as she entered the room. “What is it this time? Did this mysterious force make another girl’s boobs bigger?”

“If your love goddess or whatever is passing out more big tits, can you tell her I need some next?” Kyouka growled, sidling into the room.

“No, he’s just adopted,” Sanae said, rolling her eyes.

“Hmm…” Sakura chewed the eraser of her pencil, “It seems that Sota’s world-altering desires are branching out into new directions.”

Sota frowned, starting to regain some of his senses after the shock of the day, “What’s that supposed to mean? I don’t have a fantasy about being adopted!”

“Sakura…” Sanae warned.

“So our little coach is adopted?” Momomi shouted, bursting into the room with a bottle of champagne under her arm, “let’s have a toast.”

Sota scowled as he saw that the girl already had a flushed face, “It’s not even mid-afternoon,” he muttered.

“S-Sorry,” Ruri said sheepishly, following her in, “my family has a stake in this hotel chain, so when they found out they offered us bottomless free champaign!”

“It’s cheap stuff, but it tastes fine,” Shizuku said, her two cousins trailing her in as they joined the group.

“You know what, I’ll have some,” Sota muttered, holding out a hand. Instead of a glass Momomi handed him an entire bottle, the top already popped. Sota glanced at it, then shrugged, taking a swig straight from the neck. The buzzing mix of bubbles and the alcohol helped him calm a little. “Now, if I’m adopted as part of this whole reality-changing thing, why would that be?”

“Maybe to give you a chance at someone you didn’t have a chance at before?” Sakura blurted out.

“How would that change who I can date at all?” Sota asked with a frown, “It would only change my relationship with…” His eyes went wide, his face paled, and he very nearly dropped the champagne bottle.

“And the last horse crosses the finish line,” Kyouka said, doing a sarcastic slow clap.

“N-No, why would reality change so I could date…” he gulped, “Kaoru?” he practically whimpered her name.

“We don’t have any indication that this is actually a change to reality at all,” Sakura cut in, “for all of the previous changes, nobody remembered them, right? Why wouldn’t it just re-write the world so you and Kaoru were neighbors or something?”

“T-This is still a lot to take in,” Sota said uncomfortably, “I mean, even if she’s not my sister, that doesn’t mean we need to do anything like-“

“No, you have to!” Shizuku said suddenly, leaping over the couch. Sota cried out in surprise as the girl’s bulk nearly squished him, her massive ass pinning him to the couch as her face went red. “You and Kaoru’s relationship has been in a state of… Arrested development! You’ve had a crush on her but you couldn’t act on it, you decided to blue yourself!”

“Blue myself?” he frowned.

“I’d like to see a guy flexible enough to do that,” Ayano said dreamily.

“I swear, sometimes you’re such a slut, you know that?” sighed an eye-rolling Momomi.

“Love you too,” Ayano giggled at Momomi, making the other girl wonder if she was about to get jumped by the group’s number 1 horndog right there and then.

“I mean like, you froze up, got sad about it, so you couldn’t move on,” Shizuku growled, “so you couldn’t really fall for any of us! Me in particular!”

“Oh yeah, like it would be you,” Sanae growled, shoving her.

“H-Hey!” Shizuku slid off Sota’s lap, causing him to gasp with relief as the weight was shifted off of him.

“I mean, if you think about it, if he did get over his weird obsession with Kaoru, it could be any of us,” Kyouka mumbled, stroking her chin.

“Why settle for one?” giggled Ayano in response, making several of the girls sweat-drop in turn. “The more the merrier, I say!”

“Seriously, where does she get the stamina to be so obsessed about sex like this?” muttered Suzuna, with Nazuna nodding in agreement.

“I know, she makes Glenn Quagmire look like an amateur in comparison,” grumbled Shizuku.

“I don’t know, I think it’s kind of admirable in a way,” replied Ruri with a giggle.

“Not you too,” Shizuku sighed in response.

“How long have all of you guys been talking about this!?” Sota exclaimed angrily, redirecting the conversation to the original point.

“Sota and Kaoru’s insects half been noun fur a long time!” Julia giggled with a grin.

He sighed, There was less help here than I hoped for, he thought, taking another swig from the champagne bottle.

“You know, that’s not the right way to deal with this,” Ayano said suddenly, snatching the bottle from him. She set it on the table with a * thunk*

“What is then?” he asked skeptically, “I’ve got a lot on my mind now…”

Ayano stood up to her full height, her arms diving down under him and scooping him up off the couch into a bridal carry. She pulled him close with a smirk, enjoying the jealous and surprised look on the other girl’s faces as she walked for the door.

“I’m going to go show Sota the hotel’s steam sauna,” she declared, “it should relax him.” Still clad in her towel, she left unopposed with her prize.

Sota sighed as he leaned back in the steam room, enjoying the warmth, “You were right, this definitely helps take my mind off of things.”

“Doesn’t it just though?” Ayano smiled, standing up and tossing her towel to the floor.

Sota smiled, pulling his own towel off and exposing his rising erection as the towering amazon approached him. Part of him had known that Ayano had more than a simple sauna session in mind, and a moment later her hand traced around the back of his head, gripping his hair as she forced the tip of her breast into his eager mouth.

“Ahh…” she sighed, feeling his tongue begin to tease her nipple. She pressed harder, causing his face to sink into the massive expanse of soft flesh as she forced him against the wooden wall of the bench. When she’d had enough, Ayano pulled her tit free with a wet popping sound, grinning down at a panting Sota, slowly snaking her hand down to grip his now rock hard member. “Starting to forget those troubles?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he groaned, feeling the up and down pumping motion of her hand as she toyed with him.

“I’m not great at emotional stuff,” Ayano said softly, moving close to his ear, “it’s part of why I’ve never bothered with a “real” boyfriend, but… No matter how this all turns out, you’ve always still got me, okay? The other girls too, we’re all your friends to the end.”

“T-Thanks,” he grunted. The sentiment did mean a lot, but it was hard to focus on anything when the fourteen foot nymphomaniac was manhandling him in an expert way that would have crumbled the resolve of most men by now.

Ayano gripped his head again, forcing it between her breasts and letting him sink deep between them like a man trapped in quicksand. His mumbled words just barely reached her as the steam caused sweat to roll down her breasts, bubbling around Sota’s nose as he fought for breath in her warm embrace.

He gasped as she finally pulled back, blinking his own sweat out of his eyes as the steam in the air thickened, giving Ayano’s massive form an almost ethereal appearance as the fog drifted around her. She lifted him up, guiding him through the swirling mist until he was looking down at the massive girl, who had laid herself across the bottom boards of the steam room, grinning up at him as her black hair was plastered to her skin.

“Come on, let’s relax!” she beamed.

Sota grinned, gripping her massive hips and positioning himself at her entrance. They gasped together as he slid inside her, and soon the mists were swirling around them as he pumped in and out at a steady rhythm that caused the enormous girl to writhe in pleasure below him.

Soon the steam grew thick enough that he could barely see his amazonian lover, and he closed his eyes, letting his sweat roll down his body and pool with hers as the heat and humidity built to a fever pitch. With one final cry of pleasure Ayano came, wrapping her legs around him and holding him close as he bucked his hips against her, hissing as he tried to contain his own climax.

Slowly they came down together, and with a *click* the sauna’s automated timer turned off the steam, slowly letting the room clear as the post-lovemaking haze dissipated. Sota panted, looking down at her as their sweat mixed on the floor, and with a chuckle he wiped his now thoroughly soaked hair out of his eyes as he climbed off of Ayano.

“Thanks for that,” he said finally.

“Any time,” she said with a smile, “I mean it, any time Sota, like we could go again right now-“

“I’m a little dehydrated,” he said, fighting a laugh, “and I think I need to head home… After a shower.”

“What a coincidence,” Ayano said, whipping her wet hair back and forth with a grin, “I need a shower too…”

“Ah, okay,” he nodded, “maybe I have a little more time…”

Nearly an hour later Sota’s hair was wet again, but it was thoroughly shampooed and cleaned thanks to Ayano’s eager fingers, which had quickly turned to other things once they were done there. Still, he felt cleaned, refreshed, and ready to face things as he walked back to his family’s old apartment.

“Hey!” Kaoru’s voice called.

He froze, turning around slowly to see his sister rolling along the pavement on her old bicycle, naturally upsized to fit her new frame. She came to a stop, skidding in front of him and grinning down.

“What’s up with you today? Mom and dad said you were going through some stuff, but wouldn’t say anything else.”

“Yeah,” he said nervously, “It’s definitely been one to remember.”

“So do you want to hang out at our old school later? See if they ever finished those renovations?” She glanced back in the direction of the hotel, “or should we hook back up with the girls and figure something out?”

“I’m not sure,” Sota said, chewing his lip, “Uh, hey, that person you had a crush on, let’s say hypothetically you could get with him… would you want that?”

Kaoru almost choked in surprise, “Uh, sure, I’d love that,” she said quickly, “but uh… trust me Sota, it’s really impossible for us to be together!”

“Impossible,” Sota muttered, “There’s a lot of impossible stuff going on lately.” He sighed, “I’ll see you later!” he turned and started at a jog towards their old apartment, then a sprint.

“What is going on with you, Sota?” Kaoru muttered. With a shrug she turned her bike towards the hotel, deciding to see what the rest of the team had been doing all day.

Sota’s mom answered the door, and he stumbled in, panting, “M-Mom,” he managed, “Dad, I uh…” he took a deep breath, “I understand now, you’ll always be my parents, I think I’m okay with that, but I have some other questions.”

“That’s great,” Sota’s dad said with a smile, “I’m so glad we came through this, we’ll be stronger as a family, and-“

“Is Kaoru adopted too?” he asked, causing his dad to stop in his tracks, “We’re not biologically related, right?”

His parents slowly looked at each other, then his father licked his lips, “Hey, there was a sale on cigarettes down at the corner store-“ he expertly ducked under his mother’s reaching grab, stumbling only slightly as he made it to the balcony and escaped once again.

“Did Dad start smoking?” Sota asked with a frown.

“No,” his mother grumbled, “nevermind him… You wanted to talk about Kaoru? No, she was already two when we adopted you, she doesn’t remember anything about that time and never knew anything about this.”

“And this has always been like this?” he asked slowly, “you don’t have any strange phantom memories of anything being… different?”

His mother gave him a puzzled look, “No, why would I?” She leaned forward, feeling his forehead, “do you have a fever?” From Sota’s point of view, it was so surreal having a mother who was now over two-and-a-half times his height when previously he was an inch or two taller than her.

Guess no matter what, I’m definitely her “little boy” now, at least in this altered reality anyway , thought Sota.

He pushed her away, gulping, “I uh… I think I need to talk to her, about this. I think it might impact our relationship a little more than with everyone else…”

“This is the weekend that just keeps on giving,” she chuckled sarcastically. “Sota, we’ve suspected for some time that you and Kaoru might have… feelings for each other, and we’d hoped that perhaps those would fade a little as she went to college, but it appears they haven’t.”

“No,” he said glumly, “I’m sorry.”

“I think it would be best to follow your hearts on this one,” his mother said with a small smile.

Sota blinked, “W-What?”

“You’re not related, Sota, so if this is really what the two of you want,” she chewed her lip, “well, it’s certainly unconventional, but you don’t seem to do anything by the usual path, do you?”

“I guess not,” he said, a grin slowly coming over his features, “I don’t know where this is going to go yet, but thanks…”

“Well, you’d better go find her, I think you have a long talk ahead of you,” she said with a smile and a shrug.

Sota nodded, turning to go, wondering what he’d say.

Kaoru frowned as the various girls on the volleyball team giggled and whispered conspiratorially to one another as she entered the massive suite room’s living area. She plopped down on the couch, waiting for anyone to come let her in on the joke, but after several minutes they were all still keeping their distance.

“Okay, what the hell’s going on?” she growled, looking around with her guard up. “Are you guys going to dump glue and feathers on me or something? Because I’ll knock Ayano on her ass again-“

“Did you get with Sota yet?” Shizuku demanded, storming forward.

Kaoru blinked, “W-What?”

“We heard all about it,” Sanae said, smiling as she stepped forward, “It’s definitely a wild turn of events, but if it makes you two happy, we’ll support it.”

“I think it’s hot!” Ayano grinned, “I was thinking… Does this mean a three way with you, me, and the coach is on the table? That would definitely be one of the crazier things I’ve ever gotten to be a part of!”

“W-What the hell? You’ve finally gone off the edge this time haven’t you?” she pointed at Ayano, “This is your disgusting fetish or something isn’t it?”

“Yeah, she probably got into it from all of those manga under your bed,” Sakura teased.

Kaoru blushed, “Those are forbidden romance stories, the only appeal is the uh, secret nature of the relationship-“ she stopped, growing angry, “And why am I the one on trial here? What have you guys been doing all day? Is there a gas leak in here or something!?”

“Have you had a chance to talk to Sota yet today?” Sanae asked suddenly.

“We just said hi in passing,” Kaoru said with a frown, “he’s been out all day though, why?”

Now it was the girl’s turn to blush together, looking awkwardly to their team captain to bail them out of the situation. Sanae looked up at Kaoru and shifted uneasily.

“We uh… You should really talk to Sota, as soon as you can, okay? And if you want to borrow a room here, Ruri’s got a two bedroom suite and she’s the only one in there, so-“

“But we live in town,” Kaoru said skeptically.

“You might want to stay here after you talk to him,” Sanae blushed.

What is going on!? Kaoru thought, her heart racing as she tried to make sense of everything. Sota, what happened!?