- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story was heavily inspired by GH-X2 by Imagin8 so big props to him for the inspiration. I'm considering using the "Alpha" vs "Beta" language to refer to big and normal people but I am not sure yet as I feel like it might be too much of a rip-off.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is mostly just worldbuilding, not really any story substance here. From this point onward does the story really begin.

It was the fall of 1987 when GianTech released their Human Growth Program (HGP). People who took this program were called "Alphas". It was advertised as doubling one's height and their mass and proportions would follow suit. They would also be more resillient to illnesses would have an easier time building muscle and even the most average Alpha had a toned body and visible muscles and abs and although it was never confirmed by the company, there were rumors that their intelligence would be elevated aswell. They were advertised to be the peak of human condition.


Immediately it was big news. But there was a catch, it wasn't for most people as the procedure was really, really expensive, it was basically for the richest 1% of the population. However soon enough the government came to a conclusion that they couldn't contain people with double height and exponentially more mass in cities built for normal people. They were deemed potentially dangerous as a malicious Alpha might take advantage of other small people. 


That's how the idea of Skybound City was born.  It was immediately put into construction and after years of work it was finally complete in the year 1991. It was like a normal suburb except everything was just bigger. Bigger houses, bigger shops, bigger roads, bigger malls etc. And it was also absolutely forbidden for normal people to enter the city.


With the city being complete, GianTech boomed in wealth. A company once considered as a failure and bankrupt was now thriving. Tons of rich people started taking the program and were located to the city. GianTech also produced and sold a lot of scaled up daily objects such as furniture, tools, automobiles etc. They obviously collaborated with other companies aswell to upscale their products. However Skybound was deemed as a stupid project by most people. They saw it as giant rich people living in giant cities with other giant people like themselves where nobody is technically "big" and they had paid stupid amounts of money for nothing. Especially due to the fact that only people with Human Growth Program (HGP) was allowed into the city. They had basically created their own bubble and were now living inside it.


Nowadays the city contains a substantial population of around a million people. However there was a sudden change, in 2022 the city was suddenly opened to everyone with no explanation whatsoever. However people were a bit suspicious. For almost 30 years the city was closed to normal people and naturally there were some folk stories. Apparently some normal people went there and never returned, obviously these were made up to scare younger people more often than not. To encourage normal people from coming to the city there were also mandatory price cuts enforced by the government on landlords for normal people.


This is where Benjamin's family comes into the picture. Benjamin's father, Kevin, is a man unhappy about his job and life in general. For a change he quits his job for a job application in Skybound and when the job interview is successful he spends weeks to convince his family to move into Skybound and they bought one of the newly constructed homes in one of the towns. They move there with fairly optimistic thoughts not knowing what experiences are awaiting them...


Chapter End Notes: