- Text Size +

Dr. Taylor Becotte’s small office at RR Laboratories had a similar footprint to her peers.  Framed scientific illustrations and diagrams took center stage, capturing the intricate details of the male and female reproductive systems. In one corner of the office stood a small bookshelf filled with textbooks, research papers, academic literature, and journals meticulously cross-categorized by topic and frequency of reference. Sprinkled throughout the office were personal touches that served to accent Dr. Becotte’s own femininity and personality.

Each doctor who earned an office at RR Laboratories was afforded the option of choosing the color of their office walls.  Most of the doctors seemed satisfied to stick with the standard light version of RR purple, but Dr. Becotte opted for her favorite color: a delightful mixture of periwinkle and light sky blue. It was the color of her dormitory walls in college and something about the color mixture had a way of aligning her focus while also calming her mind.

Atop the small bookshelf of academic literature were several potted plants containing orchids, daisies, and violets.  To Dr. Becotte, the small arrangement of plants not only added a touch of greenery to her professional office space but to the young doctor, it also symbolized growth, regeneration, and even feminine strength. The vivid colors and fresh scents infused the office with life and vibrancy.

Serving as both a functional tool and a decorative piece expressing her personality, a sleek microscope took pride of placement atop her desk.  A treasured gift from one of her first mentors, Dr. Becotte was reminded every time she used or even looked at the microscope just how much a woman can achieve if she sets her mind and heart to the task.

The brilliant, beautiful young doctor’s Master’s Degree in Reproductive Biology & Physiology hung proudly on a wall. It was right next to and perfectly level with three framed certificates, one for each consecutive year of her beauty pageant run as Miss Wisconsin. She’d have competed for and secured a fourth no problem if not for her employment with RR Laboratories.

Below her various accolades was a push-pin bulletin board filled with 4x6 photographs. Some of the photos were of Dr. Becotte aside colleagues and mentors, capturing the shared moments of scientific exploration and collaboration.  Other photos were of Taylor sunbathing at the beach in colorful bathing suits with her sister Sabrina or dressed up in cute little dresses with peep-toe shoes, drinking just a little too much wine, and laughing at fancy dinners.

She took a deep breath of the flowery fragrance filling her office as she completed her final email of the morning.  She found the more she advanced further in her career and subject-matter expertise, the longer it took to stay caught up on her emails!

Dr. Becotte drummed her toes, clad in socks of black with light blue stripes, against the ergonomic office footrest as she handled each email with attentive care. The recently purchased footrest came highly recommended by one of her supervisors, Dr. Bexley. It was stationed under her desk next to the sneakers she’d worn that morning, a pair of running shoes, flip flops, and her purse.

As if timed perfectly with the completion of her task, a Microsoft Outlook notification pulled her emerald-green eyes to the bottom right corner of her computer screen.  It was time for the next assignment of the day.

The beautiful blonde doctor smiled, happily slipping her feet back into her sneakers and rising from her desk.  Humming a pop song she’d heard on the radio that morning, Dr. Becotte lifted her white lab coat from the hook at the door and slid it on over top of her faded blue jeans and sunny yellow short-sleeved summer top that showed a tasteful amount of cleavage.

After double-checking to make sure her office door was fully shut and locked behind her, Dr. Becotte made the short walk down the corridor to one of the Subject Storage Facilities.  It was known by RR Labs staff as SSF-2, which they pronounced phonetically as “SEF 2”

___________________

The heavy door of SSF-2 made a chunky, unlatching sound immediately after the confirmatory chirp of the Security card reader.  The room was slightly warmer than she’d have liked, which made the young doctor grateful that SSF-2 duties such as signing subjects in and out as well as feeding them was a task usually reserved for interns.

“Good morning, Allison.” Dr. Becotte said politely to the intern behind the desk near the door.

The intern’s eyes widened to see the doctor enter, her mouth full of what Dr. Becotte deduced was a bite of a jelly donut, sized generously just as Allison was.  She covered her mouth until she could quickly swallow the bite.

“Hi, Dr. Becotte!” Allison replied cheerfully, “How are you doing this morning?”

“I’m good. Thanks for asking. How’s it going working with Dr. Zhang?”

“Oh, it’s going great!” Allison shared emphatically. “She’s so nice and she’s teaching me a lot!”

“I’m happy to hear it!  How are things going with the vitamin regimen?” Dr. Becotte asked, now looking around the facility at the various sized containers of various sized subjects waiting to begin rear-housing.

“I’m learning a lot!” Allison replied. “We’re tinkering with the functional groups, tweaking the carbon chains, and introducing novel substituents to enhance the efficacy and bioavailability of essential compounds. We also made a really big breakthrough toward adding flavor.”

“That sounds great. I think you’re getting along great here, Allison.”

“How is ‘The Third R’?” Allison asked.

Dr. Becotte’s lip twitched, “You know I’m not allowed to discuss The Third R.”

“No, no! I know!” Allison blurted nervously, “I just meant…I heard that Jenn Hernandez was transferred to The Third R.  I was just..you know…hoping that she is enjoying it over there…that’s all.”

The beautiful blonde doctor smiled.  She didn’t fault Allison for her curiosity.  Curiosity, after all, was what got each of them where they are today. It was the sturdy foundation upon which RR Labs rested.  Allison surely was not the only intern that was curious either. Dr. Becotte had no doubt that The Third R was a relatively common topic brought up when they got together in their group offices, performed tasks, or huddled together for lunch.  She also had no doubt that any conversations about The Third R were entirely speculative and ended abruptly with little or no confirmed information.

Allison wiped a bit of sugar from her lips with her finger, prompting Dr. Becotte to retrieve a single tissue from the breast pocket of her lab coat and hand it to the intern.  The thick, comfortable, and expensive lab coats with the name stitching over the breast like the one that Dr. Becotte was wearing were reserved for RR Lab scientists and doctors only. They had to be earned.

Like all the other interns, Allison’s lab coat was paper-thin and disposable. The buxom young woman disproved the assertion that the disposable lab coats in stock at RR Labs were ‘one-size-fits-all’ as the paper-thin material looked as if it was stretched uncomfortably tight over Allison’s belly. On more than one occasion, the cheap, overworked plastic buttons would pop when the intern bent at the waist or sat down.  Dr. Becotte considered telling Allison that she’d placed an order for larger sized disposable lab coats last week but ultimately decided not to bring it up as it might make the voluptuous intern self-conscious.

“So what brings you to SSF-2?” Allison asked, wiping a smidge of powdered sugar off the lapel of her lab coat.

“Just needed to check out a subject.” Dr. Becotte replied.

“Okay sure! For installation?” Allison chirped energetically, leafing through some papers in front of her, “I’ve got three here that are on standby for rear-install sometime this week or next; last I heard, we were just making travel arrangements for the Participants. Why? Is one of them here?”

“Oh, no. This isn’t for rear-installation.” Dr. Becotte clarified. “It’s just a routine sample collection. Do you have any subjects that have not yet undergone Acclimation Therapy?”

Allison frowned and bit her lip, “Hmm….I’m not sure.  Brandi was just through earlier and she scooped up several of the newbies.”

“Gotcha.  Was that your first time meeting her?” Dr. Becotte asked.

“Yes!  She is SUPER friendly and cheerful!” Allison blurted with a smile, “...and she’s so good at her job!”

“Yeah, she’s great.  Very hard worker.” Dr. Becotte added.

Lemme check to see if there were any that she didn’t grab yet...” Allison said slowly as she read her logbook.

The buxom, brunette intern’s curls bounced at her cheeks as she scanned the documents in her logbook, flipping page after page.  Her chubby index finger ran down a long page containing more ink than white space and it stopped as her brown eyes widened.

“Ahh!  Here we go…” Allison read aloud, “...SUBJECT-318j.”

“Okay, great…” Dr. Becotte removed a tiny, sky-blue notebook from her breast pocket.

“And he hasn’t had any gluteal confinement or buttock exposure since his reduction? Not even with Brandi?” Dr. Becotte asked.

Allison double checked the paperwork, “Nope! No confinement, no contact. He completed Reduction Therapy last week, received his assignment shot, and was actually just upgraded from SSF-1 to SSF-2 last week.”

“Oh, okay.  So he’s VERY brand new.” Dr. Becotte jotted down some more notes.

“Mm-hmm!” Allison replied, eager and proud to agree with Dr. Becotte, but then a frown grew on her cherubic, chubby face. “...oh….but he’s actually scheduled for Acclimation Therapy with Brandi at 11:30AM.”

Dr. Becotte looked at the clock.  It was 10:58AM.

“I believe Brandi’s only planning on checking him out for 30 minutes while she eats her lunch.  I can pencil you in to take him right after Brandi brings him back.”

“Oh, that won’t work for me.” Dr. Becotte stated plainly and firmly.  “The subject needs to have had NO contact with the female rear end post-reduction.”

Allison winced and her eyes squinted, “Right, you did say that.  Umm….“....should I try to find another?”

“No, I’ll take him.” Dr. Becotte tucked her notebook back into her breast pocket.

Allison looked uncomfortable.

“Don’t worry, I’ll have him back in time for his acclimation session with Brandi.  If not, you can let her know I needed him.” Dr. Becotte promised.

“Okay, Dr. Becotte. I’ll go get him ready for you.” Allison replied, her chair scraping the floor as she rose. Three plastic buttons popped on Allison’s lab coat, granting Dr. Becotte an unrequested view of the shifting and undulating wave of Allison’s more-than-ample belly and breasts under her t-shirt. The seams of the labored lab coat were abruptly stretched back together as the busty, thick intern hurriedly speed walked to the filing cabinet.  Her fingers danced over dozens and dozens of pale blue manilla folders, finally pulling out a single folder and shutting the cabinet drawer with her wide hip. While reviewing the contents of the folder in her hand, Allison walked toward one of the confinement enclosures and quickly removed a small 2-inch tall subject.

“No need for the traveling enclosure.” Dr. Becotte put forth, looking at her wrist watch.

There was more concern on Allison’s face.  Dr. Becotte knew that carrying subjects loose was against policy but she was already very limited on how much time she had to conduct her business with subject-318j.

“Don’t worry.  If anyone says anything, I’ll get in trouble….not you.” Dr. Becotte comforted Allison with a smile, stuffing the pale blue manilla folder into her armpit.  Her acceptance of subject-318j from Allison was somehow even more unceremonious than accepting his file.  The beautiful blonde doctor was in a rush and didn’t even bother looking at him as she encased his squirming, naked body within her bare, cupped palms.

Allison smiled, relief showing on her face.  “Okay, Dr. Becotte.  Just sign at the last column here and I’ll fill everything else out for you.”

“Thanks Allison!” Dr. Becotte said, cupping the subject against her hip as she signed the logbook. Still feeling the subject wriggling against the rough material of her lab coat and palm, trapping him against her hip just long enough to open the heavy door and leave SSF-2.

Dr. Becotte turned right down the corridor toward her specialized and confidential work area. She peered into the fitness center and there was a single blonde woman on an exercise bike.  Her shapely rear made the exercise bike seat look comically small and the expensive material of her leggings shimmered in the light.

It was Brandi, the Assistant Acclimation Therapist.

Dr. Becotte smirked, watching Brandi’s thick legs pump the bike pedals, each large, curvy buttock alternating in lifting ever-so-slightly from the seat until the other came up.  No doubt there was a subject pinned between that expansive bottom and the small, firm bike seat.  No doubt Brandi was cleverly doing some multi-tasking, getting in a nice long workout before lunch while also conducting a rigorous acclimation session for one of the subjects awaiting rear installation.

Brandi mopped some sweat from her forehead and adjusted her headphones.  She continued her rigorous workout, not noticing Dr. Becotte standing at the doorway smiling in approval and then retreating to the large door marked RESTRICTED ACCESS.

The door was even heavier than the SSF-2 door and unlike the SSF-2, this door was restricted to a very small group of RR Lab scientists and interns.  The door was littered with restrictions and instructions on who to contact in the case of a power outage or if general access was needed.

Dr. Becotte scanned her security badge and then rested her chin on a curved bar protruding parallel to the floor at about neck-level.  A mild laser systematically scanned her green eyes. After the retinal scan completed, she spoke clearly into a wall-mounted speaker.

“Taylor Becotte.”

The system took about 2 seconds to process all the security information it had just received.  The silence was broken as the door unlatched, granting access to Dr. Becotte.  The blonde doctor used both hands to pull the door open.

~