- Text Size +

Chapter 2
Preparation

 

The craft the spies were to use was a long, sleek, manta-shaped contraption with long electromotive tentacles that trailed out of the back – kinda like an exotic squid fused with a manta ray. It was bright yellow and had expansive windows and a very roomy hull.

 

“Wow,” the girls gasped together as they ogled the top-of-the-line craft, even from an outside look it was clear it was more advanced than any vehicle they had piloted before.

 

“Ready yourselves for the mission ahead girls.” General Monger said, tearing the girls’ eyes back to him, he had stood himself at the side of a long white table which held three sets of devices the girls recognized, how the general had procured them they didn’t know.

 

On the table sat three Compowders – three small purple circular devices shaped like compact mirrors, that when activated could serve as a communicator and were capable of performing analysis. Adjacent to the Compowders were three B.E.G.A.A.M. – Breathe Easy Go Anywhere Air Masks – small pink sticks that when activated would balloon into heart-shaped air masks that would completely cover the user's face. Then finally, were three golden tubes of lipstick – Exploding Lipstick – does what says on the tube and does it very well.

 

“How did you-“ Alex began.

 

“Classified. Each of these devices has been monitored to increase their effectiveness inside Ginormica’s body. The Compowders have been updated with information regarding Ginormica’s body composition. The B.E.G.A.A.M have been upgraded to be able to draw oxygen from the acidic environment of Ginormica’s stomach. And the Exploding – hem – lipstick,” such a stupid item in his view, “has been modified, the energy blasts will be more potent and should hopefully not be absorbed by Ginormica’s body or the alien object inside her. Tests indicate it should work as long as Ginormica is not aware of the device.” General Monger explained, breaking down each of the individual items with well-practised efficiency.

 

The girls gathered the items, looking over each one in turn and the general set about opening the hull of the craft.

 

“Once you are all inside you will be shrunken down and carried to Ginormica’s cell.”

 

Clover’s shoulders shrugged as she resigned herself to the coming mission and all it entailed.

 

“Well let’s get this over with,” Clover said as she climbed into the hull and settled into one of the leather seats, followed by Alex and finally by a rather shaky Sam – her cheeks were burning bright now and it was a constant fight to stop her legs from trembling as she thought about what was to come.

 

No sooner had the hatch to the ship closed did a metal slat in the far-off ceiling slid away to reveal a large mechanical construct that resembled something out of an old sci-fi movie with a small red ball on its tip.

 

“Prepare yourself, girls.” General Monger’s voice crackled over the interior radio of the craft.

 

Clover and Alex closed their eyes tightly and Sam bit her bottom lip and forced her legs together.

 

The red ball illuminated with bright green energy before erupting and firing an identical beam onto and over the stationary craft. The energy sunk inside the ship and rapidly washed over everything and everyone inside. Sam gritted her teeth as she felt her entire body start to vibrate as she, her friends and the ship began to rapidly shrink, dwindling smaller and smaller until the ship reached a mere half an inch in height and one and a half inches in length.

 

“Right. Let’s get this underway.” General Monger said as he approached the shrunken object, his heavy steps making the world inside the craft shake and tremble, making the girls scream and shriek as they did their darndest to remain in belted seats.

 

They really were small.

 

The general plucked a pair of tweezers from his jacket pocket and with great care collected the spies.

 

It was time they met Ginormica.