- Text Size +

That night at Vern's house,

“So what did you do today?” asked Susie as she sat down by the table and began eating dinner. “Oh nothing much, just went shopping with your permission of course, tidy the house and cooked dinner. How was your day?” answered Vern as he began eating.

“Oh I learnt many things about Runes. By the way, have you heard the news?” answered Susie. “What news that then?” asked Vern as he looked at her. “They say that Princess Josefina was almost a victim to a thug within the village” answered Susie.

“Really, what happened?” asked Vern as he knew what happened. “They say that she was saved by a man. I guess that there are still good men in Queendom...beside you of course” answered Susie as she smiled at him.

As the two of them were finishing off eating, there was a knock on the door. Vern went off and answered it, “Yes” said Vern before he knew who it was at the door.

Standing there was Lucinda along with Josefina. “Going to let us in maggot?” asked Lucinda as she looked at Vern with those angry eyes again. “Of course, how rude of me, please come on in” said Vern as he allowed the two of them in.

The two of them entered the house.

“Oh my god!” said Susie as she covered her mouth with her hands. “Greetings” said Josefina as she waved at her. “Why is the princess in our house?” asked Susie. “I like to ask the same thing too” said Lucinda as she looked at Vern.

“You weren't that easy to find hero” said Josefina as she smiled at Vern. “Hero...what does she mean by that?” asked Susie as she looked at Vern. “Vern is my hero” answered Josefina as she moved towards Vern and kissed him on the cheek.

“Oh my god...are you saying that Vern is the man that save the princess” said Susie. “Well that's the story...beside, why are we here princess?” asked Lucinda as she looked at her. “I like to give back the favour for my hero” answered Josefina.

“What kind of favour?” asked Vern. “I'm going to let you work at the castle” answered Josefina as she smiled at Vern. “What?” said all three of them. “What do you mean working at the castle?” asked Lucinda as she looked at her.

“It means what its means, I'm allowing my hero to serve under me” answered Josefina as she looked at Vern. “But...but...wasn't the law state that men aren't allowed to do anything, like a job” said Vern.

“Well you are going to work for me and if anyone else doesn't like it then, it doesn't matter. You are going to live at the castle with me” said Josefina. “Vern's going to live at the castle...may I as well” asked Susie. “Of course you can” answered Josefina. “Oh I'm not going to like this” said Lucinda as she shook her head.

“Don't be like that!” said Susie as she looked at her. “Oh shut up and lets get going” said Lucinda as she left the house. “Come on then” said Josefina as she held Vern's hand. “Hay wait up!” said Susie as she grabbed her hat and left the house.