- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Set within a fantasy world, a country known as Queendom, a kingdom where only women may rule and have jobs while the men are not allowed to do anything, only with permission they are allowed to go to the shops and along other things. Because of this, there are only a handful of men living in Queendom.

 

“Wake up Vern!” echoed Susie's voice. Vern wakes up with his eyes still shut, “Yeah what is it?” asked Vern. “Its my first day” answered Susie. Vern opened his eyes and saw that she was wearing a uniform that looked like it belong to a witch.

“Oh right...” said Vern as he sat up and got out of bed. “Well brother? Are you going to wish me luck?” asked Susie as she crossed her arms. “Of course sis, hope it goes well” answered Vern as he moved up and hugged her.

“Oh no...I better hurry, don't forget to do the shopping” said Susie as she broke free from Vern's hug and rushed out of the house. “Of course” said Vern as he got changed, took the money that was in the money pot and headed off towards the local shop.

As Vern was walking down the streets, he looked around the area and noticed that he might be the only man left inside the village as everywhere he look, there was women. Some of them looked at him as if he was some sort of outsider. Which if you think about it, he kinder is.

But this sort of this doesn't bother him as he entered the shop.

Once he bought the things he need, he left the shop and headed home. As he was walking home, he spotted a woman dressed highly as if she were rich. Thinking nothing of it, Vern carried on walking till he heard the scream from the rich looking woman.

He looked over and saw that a man with a knife in hand were trying to steal the bag that she were carrying. Vern dashed over to the man and whacked him on the head with the bag in Vern's hand. The thug looked at Vern as Vern kicked him in the stomach. The thug dropped onto his kneels along with the knife, and then at the woman before he ran off.

“Thank you” said the woman as she smiled at Vern. “Your welcome...are you okay?” asked Vern as he picked up his bag of shopping. Before the woman could answer, the sound of another woman shouted out, “What do you think your doing!”

Vern and the woman looked towards the direction that the voice came from and saw that it was a woman wearing a uniform wielding a sword in her right hand. As the woman got up to the rich looking woman, she aimed her sword at Vern.

Vern put his hands up and asked, “What's going on?” “Don't speak to me as if you got right” snapped the woman with the sword. “But he has got right” said the rich woman as she looked at her. “My highness?” asked the woman as she still looking at Vern.

“Highness?” asked Vern. Upon saying that the woman moved her sword towards his neck. “Lucinda please stop that, this man saved my life” said the woman as she tried to get her to lower her sword.

“Saved your life? I told you to stick by me” said Lucinda as she looked at her. “That's my bad but please can you lower the sword to my hero” said the woman. With that Lucinda lowered her sword and looked at Vern with angry eyes.

“May I speak?” asked Vern as he was kinder scared at the eyes that she was giving him. “Speak” ordered Lucinda. “May I go home please” answered Vern. “Flee worm” snapped Lucinda as she pointed down the street.

“Please don't be like that to him” said the woman as Vern walked towards his home. “Its best that we return to the castle princess” said Lucinda as she turned the other way. Vern stopped in his steps when he heard the word princess. “Princess...I saved Princess Josefina” said Vern as he looked back and saw the two woman walking off. He spotted Josefina looked back at him and waved, Vern took a moment before waving back.

From that moment, Vern's life changed forever as he carried on walking home.