- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A sequel to Sisterly Bonding. When Penny the inchling goes to college with her human sister Nadia, she finds herself the focus of a young woman's disconcerting stares.
RATING: PG
TAGS: Gentle, Handheld, Body exploration, Breasts, Eyes, Hair
Since her adoption, Penny had accompanied her mother Linda to work dozens and dozens of times. She had met all of Linda's coworkers and got along well with them, so she was no stranger to meeting new humans. Most of them thought she was cute and were very friendly towards her, and the others just ignored her and left her alone. Not one of them was as mean as she had feared humans would be when she was cooped up in the pet store, and she thought that most humans must be the same way.

Still, that didn't mean she wasn't nervous about meeting new humans. Just because most of them were nice it didn't mean that there couldn't also be mean ones among them, and with how small she was it was all too easy for them to hurt her. Even the nice ones might hurt her by accident, though all the ones she'd met had been very careful with her. But despite her wariness, one day she worked up the courage to ask Nadia if she could go with her to college.

It was something Penny had been wanting to do ever since their rapprochement a month ago. She already knew everything there was to know about how Linda spent her days at work, so now she thought it would be nice to spend a day with Nadia instead. Besides, she was really curious about what exactly happened in her college. She had never been in a school before, and she had long been curious about what they were like.

Nadia was surprised by the request, but she agreed to it once Linda had given her permission. And so, one Monday morning, after Linda had left Penny with her sister and talked to them at length about being careful around the other students, Nadia tucked the inchling into her shirt pocket and they both set off for college.

Penny's nerves mingled with her excitement as she lay restlessly at the bottom of the tight pocket, until, after several minutes, Nadia tapped on her to let her know that they had arrived. At once Penny sat up and climbed to the pocket's opening, carefully poking her little head out just far enough to look outside. There she saw that they were in a big hallway, surrounded by more people than she could count, humans in every shape and size and color, flying by so fast that Penny hardly knew which way to turn. They were mostly the same age as Penny and Nadia, though there were some about the same age as Linda or even older who she figured must be the teachers. It was all so overwhelming that she had to duck back down before long, pressing against Nadia for comfort. But once her sister stopped moving and the sounds of voices quieted down, she ventured to poke her head out again.

Now they were in a big room, surrounded by a bunch of desks and chairs, some occupied, some empty. Nadia was sitting at one of them too, setting down her backpack before looking down at Penny. “You want to meet everyone?” she asked quietly, raising a hand up to her pocket. Penny hesitated only a moment before climbing on, and let Nadia set her down on the table, where she looked around in awe at everything there was to see.

Even though Nadia didn't say anything, after a minute the other students in the room noticed Penny standing on her desk, and one after the other one they came over to look at her. “Oh my gosh, is that an inchling? She's so cute!” “Is she yours, Nadia? When did you get her?” “Why didn't you tell us you had an inchling?” “Can I hold her?” “Hey, little cutie! What's your name? Can you talk?” “Hey, don't get so close like that! You'll scare her!”

They all talked together, battering Nadia and Penny with questions, asking if they could touch her, arguing with each other over who would get to hold her first, and so on. It was all a bit scary for Penny. It wasn't the first time she had been the center of attention—something like this had happened the first time she visited Linda's office, but the office ladies there hadn't been quite as intense as these young students were, nor had there been quite as many of them. Penny slowly backed up towards her sister for safety, fearing that someone might get a bit too eager and snatch her up without warning, but thankfully Nadia took care to protect her from the others just as their mother had said. “You can touch her if she lets you, but no one's picking her up today. Just put your hand down on the desk and let her come to you if she's up to it. One at a time, okay?”

After Nadia's instructions the other students settled down considerably, coming to Penny one at a time as she said while Nadia kept an eye on them and answered any questions people had. Growing more comfortable now, Penny went up to greet everyone by stroking their fingers and letting them stroke her back. She was happy to see that everyone was very gentle with her.

Not everyone was interested in petting her, but most people who weren't just stayed in their seats, giving her maybe a glance or two before turning their attention to something else. But after a while, Penny noticed that there was one person in particular who didn't; a young blonde woman standing across the room. Tall, slim, long-faced, sharp-nosed, and lightly freckled, she stared at Penny with her icy blue eyes, saying nothing and barely moving. Even afterwards, when class had started and Penny was back in her sister's pocket, that woman still glanced at them more than any of the others did. It made Penny uncomfortable to be stared at like that without knowing what that girl wanted. After a while she ducked back in Nadia's pocket, but even then she still had a sense of being watched, and it didn't go away entirely until they were headed back home.

Not that the feeling ruined the trip or anything. In fact, Penny had loved her time at Nadia's school. College was so interesting, and even though she hadn't understood anything the teachers had said, she still hung on to every word they spoke. If only she had been adopted sooner, she could have been going with Nadia to school from the start and now she would be just as smart as all those young people in her class. But even without understanding anything she had still enjoyed it there, if not as much as Linda's office. She would go with Nadia to college again on Friday, and even though that woman was still staring at her, she didn't let it bother her and by the end of the day she had pushed it out of her mind. There was nothing wrong with looking, after all, and that woman hadn't done anything to warrant being scared.

Still, she was quite disconcerted when, on Saturday, that woman showed up at their house.

Nadia had mentioned since Thursday that one of her classmates would be coming over to work on a project, so it wasn't that Penny had been caught completely off guard. She just hadn't expected that woman, Emily, to be the classmate in question. Before seeing the young blonde in the entrance hall, Penny had been eager to greet their new guest, but once she saw those blue eyes fixed on her, she quickly scurried away to her mother's room, hiding in the little inchling house atop Linda's dresser.

She knew it was silly of her to be so scared of Emily just because she was uncomfortable being stared at, especially when Emily still hadn't done anything wrong. But the intensity of those eyes unnerved her, and even with Nadia around to take care of her she didn't want to be in the same room as them. Not that she would admit to that silly reason. When Nadia came around to ask if she wanted to meet Emily, Penny lied and said she was feeling sick. She was pretty sure Nadia didn't quite buy it, but she left Penny alone, petting her good-bye while she went to work with Emily.

Penny wouldn't leave her room until Linda got back a couple hours later, after which she went to greet her with a hug and a kiss. Like Nadia, Linda also asked why she was all cooped up in there when usually she was so fond of hanging out with her sister. Penny said she just didn't feel comfortable around Emily yet, though she didn't say why, and Linda agreed to keep her company all day while Nadia and Emily worked on their project.

Mother and daughter spent all afternoon together in their room, with Penny lying on Linda's lap, or clambering up and down her body for fun, or receiving her overwhelming kisses and cuddles. Penny was enjoying their time together so much she practically forgot about Emily, at least until Nadia knocked and came in to ask if Emily could stay over for tonight.

Penny didn't say anything about it, but it made her super uncomfortable to think that she'd be spending the night in the same house as this near stranger. She couldn't shake the feeling that Emily coming over today and wanting to stay the night was all because she wanted to see Penny in person. What for, the inchling couldn't guess. Maybe it was something totally innocuous and she was worrying about nothing, or maybe she was completely wrong and Emily wasn't interested in her at all, but that's the way she felt. Still, as long as she was in Linda's care she knew she was safe enough, and she spent a pleasant evening with her mother, until it was time for bed.

Since Linda didn't have work tomorrow Penny asked if she could sleep with her tonight—she just figured she'd sleep more soundly under the circumstances if she was in her mother's protective presence. Linda was happy to oblige, and they soon fell asleep together with Penny snuggled up in her mother's bosom.

Yet Penny slept restlessly all the same, and she woke up very early in the twilight hours of morning, hours before Linda usually got up on Sundays. She tried keeping still so as to not disturb her mom, but she still kept tossing and turning. Eventually she got up and tried making her bed in some other part of Linda, but she didn't sleep any better on her belly nor her lap. She just couldn't stop thinking about that woman. For all that she had tried to avoid her, Penny had to admit that she was curious about Emily. Why did she show such interest in Penny and yet always keep her distance? What, if anything, did she want with her? She thought about just going up and confronting her about all those things, but she still wasn't comfortable enough for that.

But, thinking about it, Emily must surely be sleeping now, right? Maybe Penny could take this opportunity to hang out around her, to get more comfortable and finally be able to talk to her about it. And, if that woman tried anything, she would have Nadia right there to protect her.

Penny could think of any number of reasons why that was a silly idea, but her curiosity got the better of her, and soon she was making her way down Linda's bed. She squeezed under Linda's bedroom door, then after a brief walk down the hall she did the same with Nadia's to emerge on the other side, looking over at her sister's bed. She saw Nadia there on the left side of the bed, facing the door as she lay on her side. And Emily? She must have been on the other side of the bed, out of Penny's view.

The inchling scurried to the foot of the bed, then jumped on the low-hanging bed sheets and climbed up. When she reached the top, she saw the other woman there next to her sister, lying on her side facing the window. She was sound asleep, at least as far as Penny could tell, though she couldn't see much of Emily from where she stood—just her bare feet, the too-short pajama pants she must have borrowed from Nadia, and in the distance some locks of her golden hair. Slumbering peacefully like that, she didn't seem nearly as unnerving as before. In fact, she wasn't much different from Linda or Nadia when they slept.

Penny wanted to see more of her, so she rounded Emily's body to the front of her, walking past her long legs and her torso until she stood in front of her face. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth just the slightest bit open. Her breathing was soft and deep. Maybe Penny was reading too much into it, but all she saw and heard gave her the sense of an aura of gentleness surrounding Emily.

The inchling stayed looking at Emily's face for a while. Feeling much more at ease around the young woman, at least for now, she ventured to come still closer, until she could very nearly reach out and touch Emily's face. Here she could feel a bit of her warmth radiating outwards to embrace her own body. Not only that, she was starting to detect Emily's smell in the air, a scent tinged with a hint of lavender. It was so soothing that she almost wanted to curl up against Emily's cheek and doze off peacefully. But something else called her attention: some locks of hair hair sticking out out from under that cheek.

Despite how nervous Emily had made her almost from the first time Penny saw her, the inchling had always admired the human's golden blonde hair. It reminded her of an inchling she had met back in the pet store, one who had been her close friend before she had been bought and taken away. Careful not to wake her up, Penny went and pulled out the locks of hair, setting them out neatly upon the bed to form a lush carpet. Then she climbed on them, feeling all the long, straight strands under her hands and knees. They were so wonderfully smooth—she could tell that Emily put a lot of care into them. And what a pretty golden shade they were!

Enchanted by their beauty, Penny raked her fingers through the strands of Emily's hair. She lay on them, resting her little head on the blonde blanket, breathing in and smiling at the faint smell of lavender, then rolled to and fro, enjoying the feeling of that lovely hair against her body and falling ever more in love with this young woman whose voice she had never even heard. Maybe it was just a stupid fancy, but she felt as though she really had learned something about Emily just from hanging out by her face. A person this beautiful and who could sleep so peacefully couldn't possibly be bad, or so she thought, not caring how absurd it sounded.

Suddenly standing up again, Penny hoisted up a thick lock of that golden hair and arranged it around her shoulders, letting it drape over her body like a cape. Hugging it to herself to keep it from slipping off, she twirled and twirled around, laughing as it wrapped around her body until she was all tied up, then spun around the other way to untangle herself from it. But, as she was nearly finished, she got a feeling as though she were being watched. Then she looked to Emily's face and nearly jumped when she saw her eye now open and looking right at her. By instinct she froze up, ready to run at the first false move she saw. Then the moment she heard something to her right and saw Emily's hand drawing closer, she jumped off the bed and sprinted for the exit.

It was only as she was nearing it that she stopped and looked back, wondering if maybe she had overreacted. It's not like there was anything wrong with Emily trying to touch her. The young woman hadn't given chase or anything either; as far as Penny could tell she was still lying right where she had been. There was some movement, but it sounded more like she was rolling over, not getting out of bed. Then she heard a deep sigh.

Penny was honestly starting to feel guilty. She had been making all sorts of assumptions about Emily from the moment she saw her, but Emily still hadn't done her any wrong. For all Penny knew, she just wanted to meet her but was too shy to ask. Maybe she should give the girl another chance.

Penny quietly made her way back and climbed up onto the foot of the bed. There she looked across at Emily, who now lay on her back staring up at the ceiling. She still hadn't noticed the little inchling woman, nor did she notice her as she moved closer to Emily's foot. There Penny stood, ready to bolt again, and reached out to the side of Emily's foot. The foot twitched lightly as soon as her fingers stroked its surface, but aside from that it kept still. Off in the distance, Emily's head turned down until she was once more staring at Penny with those deep blue eyes of hers which had so unnerved the inchling before. They unnerved her now too as she felt the young woman's attention completely focused on her. But, looking at Emily, Penny didn't sense any harmful intent, and soon she was walking back to Emily's head.

From the moment she saw that tiny figure trekking across the bed towards her, Emily felt her heart melting. Ever since she was a little girl, she had longed to meet an inchling in person. She thought they were the cutest thing in the world. When she was stressed out, there was nothing that helped her relax more than watching cute videos of inchlings playing or resting with each other or with their owners. Even to see them simply lying in the palm of a human hand filled her heart with a healing tenderness in a way nothing else could. She would have gotten one as a pet long ago, if only her parents didn't hate the little things. Whenever they so much as suspected that there might be an inchling in their home, they filled the place with these horrible traps. Fortunately no one had ever fallen for them, at least so far as Emily knew.

She thought she would have to wait until she moved out before she could actually meet an inchling in person, without the glass of the pet store shelves standing between them. But that was until Nadia had brought Penny to school. The moment she laid eyes on that little cutie, Penny became all she could think of. Just being in the same room as the inchling sent her heart aflutter. She had so badly wanted to go over and touch the little thing like all her classmates were doing. But she had been too shy, like she always was. Too scared of making a fool of herself, and of accidentally hurting the poor thing while she was at it. All she could do was stare at them from the back, wishing she were confident enough to join them, until the school day ended without her having done anything about it.

She had been so disappointed in herself for letting what might have been her only shot at meeting Penny slip through her fingers. But then the perfect opportunity presented itself. A school assignment to be done in pairs. It had taken some courage on her part, but she managed to ask Nadia to partner with her before anyone else could, and Nadia agreed to it!

It made her so sad when even after getting to Nadia's home she didn't get the chance to meet Penny. The inchling had disappeared after that first sighting in the entrance, and she wasn't confident enough to ask Nadia if she could meet her. Out of desperation, she had asked for permission to stay for an impromptu sleepover, hoping to see the inchling again tomorrow.

Imagine her surprise when the first thing she saw upon waking up was Penny standing right in front of her, with a lock of Emily's hair wrapped around her shoulders. It was such a miracle that Emily thought she must be dreaming at first. Then, when she tried reaching out to Penny, the tiny woman had run off without even giving her a chance to say anything, and she was left berating herself for having made her move too soon. But now the inchling was coming back! Would this finally be her chance?

Penny stopped by the lock of hair she had been playing with. Kneeling beside it, she scooped it up in her arms and started gently stroking it as she looked up at Emily's eye. Then she stood and draped that lock of hair over her shoulders again, and she took a step forward, dragging it with her as she approached that deep blue eye.

For whatever reason, Emily's stare didn't feel nearly so unnerving as before. In fact, now that Penny wasn't scared of her anymore, she thought that Emily's eye was incredibly beautiful. Like her hair, it reminded her of her inchling friend from back at the pet store.

Emily's eye followed her as she moved, flowing up and down her little body, even when she was too close for it to focus on her. Looking into its deep, dark pupil, she saw her own image reflected dimly back. There she turned, a little to one side and then the other, admiring how beautiful, if a bit silly, she looked with those borrowed locks of hair wrapped around her shoulders, like long gold chains draped over a queen. She stood up straight, putting on regal airs as she used that dark mirror to fix herself up, and was filled with joy to find herself looking so pretty.

Again Penny heard movement at her right, but this time she didn't flee when she saw a hand approaching. It settled down a short distance away with fingers raised and stretching towards her, but they fell back and settled on the bed as though scared to touch her. Seeing that, Penny slipped out of the lock of hair and walked slowly over to the resting hand, where she sidled up to the index finger and hugged it, tenderly stroking its sides.

“You're Emily, right?” the little thing said after a few minutes. Emily had never heard her talk before. Her voice... it was so cute! She nodded, then the inchling continued. “You probably already heard, but my name's Penny. Pleased to meet you! I'm sorry for waking you up just now. Hope you can forgive me.” Penny was so adorable it made Emily was to squeal out loud, but she held herself in check so she wouldn't wake Nadia. Instead she nodded again and smiled.

“Do you mind if I climb on you for a while?” There was nothing Emily would have liked better than that. She motioned for Penny to go right ahead, and held her breath as the inchling approached her arm.

An indescribable feeling of tenderness swept over Emily as the tiny woman climbed her shoulder. The feeling of those delicate little hands and feet climbing to her shirt sleeve and clambering up her body was more magical than she had ever imagined it could be. A big smile spread over her face as Penny stood atop her shoulder and walked over to her chest, climbing up her right breast to stand at its peak and look out at the rest of her body as though surveying the terrain. At once Emily felt as though her whole body were an exotic landscape for the inchling woman to explore, everything from her feet all the way up to her head having become a feature of the land.

The young woman lay calm and quiet as Penny strode across her, and dwelt on the feeling of those dainty little feet walking down the slope of her breast, across the plain of her belly, and balancing on the ridge of her right leg, until the inchling reached her ankle. Then she waited as Penny hopped across to her other foot and made the journey back, stopping for a while on Emily's other breast. At first she thought that would be the end of it, but then Penny came still closer, walking on her neck and climbing up the side of her cheek to end up on Emily's face.

The young woman didn't dare to move. Not to talk, not to smile, and hardly even to breathe, from fear that she might hurt the inchling. You'd almost think she was the one in danger from how nervous she was. Penny, on the other hand, didn't seem scared in the least. She walked all over Penny's face, from her chin to her lips to her forehead, to finally end up straddling her nose. Emily strained her eyes to see her clearly, but she couldn't quite get those twin images to fit together as one. In the end she stopped trying, content to know Penny was here with her and not scared in the least. She could even feel her tiny hands stroking the sides of her nose.

“Hey. Can you hear me? Blink twice for yes,” Penny said. Emily did so. “Do you want to hold me?” Emily hesitated, then blinked again. “You can do it if you want, then. Go on. What are you waiting for? Are you scared you'll hurt me? Don't be. We inchlings are sturdier than we look. I promise you won't hurt me unless you try, and I know you won't.” Emily still didn't entirely trust herself, but with Penny's encouragement she finally ventured to raise a hand up to her face and softly pinch the tiny woman between her fingers.

She was so small, just one fingertip alone covered like half of her body. Emily lifted her up as gently as she could and deposited the inchling in her open palm. Seeing that tiny little woman sitting there, thinner and shorter than all her fingers, Emily remained as still as possible, feeling as though any sudden movement at all might break Penny. It was incredible what size disparity separated the two of them. It would be so easy for her to hurt the inchling, whether on purpose or by accident, and yet, Penny didn't seem the least bit afraid. Her eyes showed perfect trust in Emily. And while she didn't know what she had done to earn that trust, Emily was glad for it all the same.

Slowly she brought her other hand closer, setting her finger down next to Penny to let her reach over and touch it. She started petting the inchling with her fingertip, first the sides of her body, then the top, stroking up and down her delicate limbs, marveling at how strong they felt despite their size. Then, growing more confident thanks to the trust Penny was showing her, she started massaging her little body. Her fingertips kneaded Penny into the palm of her hand, soothing the inchling little by little until she lay limp as a rag doll, letting Emily push her around the open palm, rolling her over, moving her little limbs, all to better tend to her body.

Penny had so surrendered herself to Emily's hands that the young woman could have done anything to her. It was a powerful temptation, and she was sorry to say that she wasn't strong enough to resist it. Without asking for permission, she raised the inchling to her mouth and smothered Penny under her lips in a big, soft kiss. At first she felt the inchling squirming, and feared she had gone too far, but then she felt Penny's little arms hugging her back and stroking her lips. When she pulled her hand away some tie later, Penny looked as happy as she felt inside, and when she stretched a finger towards her, Penny hugged it tight and started kissing it in return, gently running her little hands up and down her fingertip.

She held on to that finger even when Emily raised it back up, and while she rocked it to and fro. She was still holding on when, a minute later, Emily held her finger still before her face.

She stared at Penny, admiring her delicate beauty, while Penny fearlessly returned her gaze, looking at her own reflection in the human's eyes. It was strange to think that not too long ago she had been afraid of those eyes. Their gaze had seemed so intense to her, but now she saw that their intensity had come from Emily's adoration.

This went on until the two heard Nadia stir beside them. Startled, Emily lowered the tiny woman and hid her beneath her fingers. When she saw that Nadia hadn't woken up she brought Penny back out again. “You want to go to the kitchen so we you don't have to be so careful?” Penny asked. “Come on, follow me.” She hopped down from Emily's finger and jumped right off the bed, making her way to the door. Emily hesitated a moment before getting up, careful not to wake Nadia up with any sudden movements.

At the bedroom door Emily found Penny standing on the floor, looking up at her expectantly. She crouched and offered up her hand for the inchling to hop on, then when Penny was sitting comfortably in it, she went out and quietly closed the door behind her.

In the kitchen, Emily set Penny down on the table. “Can you get me some water?” the inchling asked.

“Sure,” Emily said. She served them a glass of water and drank most of it herself before sitting back down with the glass. “Here you go,” she said, pouring its slim contents into cupped hand, which she offered up to Penny.

“Thank you.” The tiny woman approached and climbed on her hand, resting her knees on the edge and lowering herself until her face met the tiny pool. She drank her fill and washed her face with the rest, then looked to Emily. “Could you help me get washed now? Just open the faucet a bit and hold me up to it.”

“Of course.” Emily carried Penny to the sink, where she did as Penny said and held the inchling next to the stream of water flowing from the faucet. She was surprised when Penny started taking off her clothes, and especially when she had stripped down bare naked, having left her clothes neatly folded up on her wrist. She looked away, blushing, as Penny stepped into the thin stream of water, letting it wash over her whole body. She simply hadn't expected Penny to be so innocent! The inchling hummed to herself as though it were nothing out of the ordinary, totally unconcerned with revealing herself like this.

But Emily soon got over her embarrassment and started taking glances at Penny. After all, she was only a pet, and it was perfectly natural to see pets naked. Though, she had to admit, if Emily was a human she would have been a very pretty one. Better-looking than herself, for sure.

Penny was in no rush to finish, and she spent a few minutes enjoying the cool water before stepping out of the stream. “Thanks! Now would dry me off, please, so I can get dressed?”

“Sure. Um, where do you keep the napkins?”

“Oh, you don't need those! Just dry me off on your clothes!”

“My clothes? Okay...” Emily thought for a moment, then pulled the bottom of her shirt up a bit and dropped Penny into the fold. Softly she pinched the tiny woman between her fingertips and started rubbing the fabric back and forth, feeling it grow damp between her fingers until she thought it must be ready. When she saw that Penny was still a bit damp, she put two fingers at the inchling's back and pressed Penny to her belly, sliding her up and down to dry her front, then turning her over and doing the same for her back. When it was over she put her back on the table and handed her her clothes.

Penny quickly got dressed again, combed back her hair with her fingers, and turned back to Emily. “Hold still for a minute. I want to climb you,” she said, then took a running jump off the table to land on Emily's upper belly. The human sat still as a rock while Penny made her way up her shirt, climbing over her belly and her chest to end up on her shoulder, and from there grabbing some strands of her hair and climbing them like ropes until she sat on the top of Emily's head. There lay down and start stroking her head.

“You have very pretty hair, Emily.” Penny ran her fingers through the strands of blonde hair and massaged the skin beneath them, giving Emily a nice tingly sensation. She took a big whiff, enjoying the smell of lavender in her hair. “Smells nice, too.”

“Um, thank you.” Emily sat stiffly so she wouldn't move her head. “I think your hair is very pretty too.”

Penny giggled. “And you're so nice! I can't believe I used to be scared of you!”

“Were you really scared at first?”

“Yes! The way you stood apart from everyone else on Monday, staring at me from across the room, I thought you wanted to kidnap me or something.”

“Oh, I'm so sorry! I swear that's not what I was thinking at all! I really wanted to go say hi with everyone else, but... I was too shy about it, so I just stayed back and watched you instead. When I came here today, I was hoping I would get to meet you alone, but I guess if I made you that scared of me if wasn't gonna work out, huh?”

“Probably not. I only went to visit you today because I was curious about you and I figured I should give you a chance. You almost ruined it, too, when you woke up and tried to grab me!”

“Sorry. That was my bad. I was so excited when I saw you right in front of me that I moved without thinking.”

“It's fine! No need to apologize. And I'm glad I gave you another chance! You're a very nice person and I really liked hanging out with you today. You should come to visit more often. Or maybe I could visit you instead!”

“I... don't think that's a good idea. My parents don't like inchlings in the house. Maybe I could come over again, though. And if not, we can at least see each other at school, right?”

“Oh, sure! I'd be happy to hang out with you anytime!” Penny hopped down from Emily's head and onto her shoulder, where she snuggled up against her neck.

Emily wasn't sure how she would manage, but she was resolved to meet with Penny more often. This cuddling they were doing now, the feeling of Penny climbing all over her body, drinking from her hands, taking a bath, even just getting to talk with Penny—everything they'd done together this morning was something she needed more of in her life. She would think of some way for them to hang out again for sure. Right now, though, she was happy just to be enjoying Penny's company.