- Text Size +
Rachel Rutschmann had had it with life ... it seemed like all her life she couldn't find anyone worth trusting ... anyone who could act like a real friend to her. Sure, she made some friends in her handful of stops in life, only to have them scared off by her overaggressive mother, or shy away once they learned she was the daughter of a cookie genius like the so called great Cindy Rutschmann.

Rachel Rutschmann had nobody she could go to and trust in times of crisis.

And then she met Roxie.

Sure, it started out rocky. Roxie came into her job one day disguised as a "regular ol' girl" but turned out to be anything but. Roxie Wright operated as part of something called the Chaos Crew. They didn't exactly have the best name, being behind most of the capers, big and small, that ravaged downtown Minitropolis. Roxie didn't think of it as crime though, she thought of it as seizing opportunities.

Rachel Rutschmann wasn't really convinced that was ever the plan.

It all just appeared to be a way to justify the Crew's horrific ways of pilfering, destroying and causing anarchy in the name of boredom. Nothing Roxie ever did seemed to have any purpose to it. A quick Google search of her criminal history showed that. She was a loose cannon, she was not to be trifled with. She gave zero fucks.

But she was the only one who gave a damn about Rachel Rutschmann on the night that she died ...

It was on that horrid fateful night that Rachel found herself drowning -- literally ... buried face down in a giant vat of cream. Actually, the vat wasn't so giant but Rachel found herself reduced ... again literally ... to a tiny doll of herself and helplessly trapped, soon left for dead by the hero ... the so called ShrinkGirl ... Alexis Cole ... the goody two shoes who never faced any consequences for the harms SHE caused. Why? Because she dressed in a cute little costume? She could make a few jokes? She had a perfect smile?

None of that was going to save Rachel Rutschmann. Rachel Rutschmann was about to die.

Her lungs were heavy, her body was giving out, and then came some hope.

As the rest of her accomplices at the Maxanto Food Factory faced justice for what they did, and while that wench ShrinkGirl snuck out the front door to catch a ride, likely from her daddy or some good friend of hers, Rachel found an escape. Rachel found a new life. A new identity ... literally, in the hands of Roxie Wright.

That was then ... this was now ...

----

On the Miniborough University campus, Lexi was staring down at a nearly blank piece of paper and this particular challenger was giving her a very arduous time as her eyes darted between the desk, the floor, the ceiling and the clock on the wall.

"CAN you control what you do? Or do you merely THINK you can, when in reality it’s pre-determined?? Please explain, using examples from our readings, examples of pre-determined destiny and whether or not you agree."

On the top of the page read "PHILOSOPHY 102 FINAL"

Lexi blinked a few times as her mind seemed to fizzle out for a moment.

"What the hell is this crap?" she thought to herself.

Lexi would continue to grind away at the Philosophy final, just one of a few she would have to take today before heading over to the Miniburough Arena to see the Cheer-Off Regionals and support Chrissy. Luckily she had the day off from work. There's no way she could juggle all this AND the mini villainess in her room on top of it.

Hopefully her best friend Leah was faring better.

------

To that end, Leah had her own problems as she was running late for her next exam, which would be her Home Economics class. There, she would need to do a live cooking demonstration and based on the reviews of one customer (who may or may not have been 3 inches tall at the time) her cookie recipe was "pretty danged scrumptious" so Leah was at least confident she could handle that. But first, she would have to get there and it seemed like everything was getting in her way as she frantically scooped through her backpack to take many of the things out and put things in that she might need for the rest of the day.

Unbeknownst to the eager, scatterbrained young Leah Henderson, somebody else was on a mission too and she was in a bit more of a Rush. A Sugar Rush.

Unfortunately for her though, navigating a crowded college dorm with students shuffling in and out, even a small one like the one Leah lived in, proved to be a hefty task for someone fairly new at operating a jetpack and being 3 inches tall at the same time. It seemed like every other second, Rush was spinning left or right to avoid being run into or trampled, performing barrel rolls and quick serpentine manuevers at a moments notice, or else she'd be squished.

As she felt herself getting faster and faster, whizzing up through the hallways of doors, the pulsing thought still haunted her mind.

"Is this really my new life now??"

-----

It was dark. It was sticky. It was possibly the worst experience she had ever had.

No.

It wasn't what you think.

It was the night Rachel's life would change. Maybe forever.

Her breathing was nearly non-existent, she could feel only the rough coarse surfaces of Roxie's leather glove and hear some grunting and muttering in the distance, along with the much louder piercing sounds of the police sirens going off and the violence that would ensue as the Mini Troop took down the majority of the Chaos Crew. But they wouldn't find her. Nobody would find her, save for Roxie.

"Shit" Roxie muttered, finally opening the gloved hand to reveal the now tiny and shaken young Rachel Rutschmann, "I uh ... fuck. I don't know what to say ... and that's rare for me"

"What the fuck?" Rachel squeaked in horror, just laying in Roxie's hand, spent and out of breath, her first words uttered since the reckless ShrinkGirl had taken her off the edge of a railing and dumped her careless into some liquid creme as it passed by a conveyer belt. Had her hand been a moment or two earlier she may have been safe, or at least safer than she was. As it stood though, she was only alive because Roxie crashed the party.

"I said that gig wasn't a good idea" Roxie rolled her eyes, for the moment ignoring the plight of her tiny accomplice, "I said it was stupid, it was a suicide mission? Does anyone listen to me? No? Oh, why because I use my gun to change the TV? Everybody does that for fucks sake! That's why we HAVE guns!"

Rachel cowered, still dripping and afraid, her black outfit torn and ravaged as she simply wondered what would happen next. Knowing Roxie like she did, she almost feared she would be swatted like the bug she was. But that wasn't to be. Roxie had other plans it appeared.

"You're lucky I showed up" Roxie muttered, setting the tiny Rachel into the crevice between her breasts, which were pressed firmly into her tight leather suit before taking off, "Sorry if it's a tight squeeze, by the way, wasn't really expecting all this"

At this point, Rachel Rutschmann couldn't be picky.

The bosom of the reckless Roxie provided some modicum of warmth on what was otherwise a cold and bitter night. That chill would only grow colder as the wind stung the two of them, Roxie accelerating at a very dangerous rate to escape the facility. Rachel was pretty sure Roxie was saying something but the overwhelming tremor of the motorcycle as it revved and the sounds around her pretty much made it impossible to hear. She'd find herself losing consciousness again as Roxie continued their getaway.

At least Roxie was a friend. Roxie could be trusted.

-----

Speaking of trusty friends, Lexi had every intention of stopping by Leah's home ec final as soon as she wrapped up on her futile quest to conquer the inner workings of philosophy. The two had agreed to get a bite to eat real quick in between their respective tests. Lexi also expected to hear good news of how much her excellent cookie recipe would slay the class and earn her an A+

That's what she expected, of course. But how often does life go the way one expects?

Lexi certainly didn't expect Rachel Rutschmann to still be alive, let alone in her current state. But it was starting to add up in her head. The missing components from Dr. Hilfmann's lab ... plus her affiliation to Roxie, who likely jacked them. Admittedly, she had to admit the jetpack and arm cannon were kind of cool. Unfortunately she wasn't so pleased to see the once pleasant blonde so embittered and angry. Then again, she could hardly blame her. Being stuck tiny would likely drive anyone to such measures.

For those were the kinds of measures that led people to do reckless things, like rocket up towards a young brunette's dorm room with reckless abandon. Of course ... how did she know she had the right dorm room? She didn't.

The wayward armor clad Sugar Rush would find herself inside a dorm room but it wasn't at all what she was expecting.

"I am Sugar Rush!" the boisterous young tiny villainess squeaked but was quickly droned out by the sounds of deafening heavy metal music, as the dorm room she entered was home to two rowdy guys head banging and laughing up a storm. The noise along would be enough to shake Rush to her core, and she hovered clumsily out of the room, almost getting smacked into by a male student in a hurry.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Rush squeaked, before blasting off in another direction

"I know you're in here somewhere..." the determined Sugar Rush thought to herself, homing in on another room with the door slightly cracked open. This one had an admittedly more relaxed feel to it but also a fairly familiar odor for one to experience on a college campus.

This person was stoned out of their mind.

"H-Heh ... cool..." the blonde guy sitting in the corner would remark, making direct eye contact with the floating armor wearing supervillain who floated above him menacingly.

"Cool?" Rush squeaked, before seeming a bit startled, "Wait, you can see me?"

"W-Well of course, little gal" the guy chuckled, a sort of buzzed inflection pervading his speech, "you look righteous... my name's Torvald by the way but my friends call me Torvi"

Rush rolled her eyes and just remained there for a moment

"This is a long shot but do you know where a uh ... Leah Henderson is?" Rush shrugged, realizing this may be a fruitless excercise. To her surprise though, the stoner guy seemed to be of some insight.

"Oh Leah ... yeah she's totally righteous..." he said, further proving that righteous may be the only adjective he knew, "She's uh ... up the hall in room 220 ... I should know, I like to watch her shower... heh..."

Rush raised an eyebrow but was too exhausted to pass judgement. Instead she'd jet out of the room as quickly as she arrived. Torvi would simply giggle and nod, "...cool"

At long last, Sugar Rush was nearly eye to eye with her goal, watching the giant Leah Henderson prepare her things from behind, her naive form looming in the near distance. Sugar Rush was ready to show her the full power of what her new suit could do. She would make Lexi pay for trifling with her and at the same time, perhaps exact some revenge.

At least, that's what Rush thought, but how often does life go according to plan? Before long, Rush found herself assaulted by a large building block object. It was ... a calculator?

"I don't need this..." Leah hummed to herself, blissfully unaware that she had just smacked the action figure sized villainess with the TI-83 Plus. "Hmmm, I can probably get rid of this too..."

Leah would haphazardly toss a small hairbrush that was buried deep in her backpack out and it thudden down on the carpeted floor like a boulder making an earth shaking noise in its wake as the alert Sugar Rush was just narrowly fast enough to avoid it.

"Okay, no more Ms. Nice Gal..." Rush thought to herself hovering up behind Leah again and prepping her arm cannon.

"Oh shit..." Leah exclaimed, turning around quickly and whipping her backpack around in the process, "I've gotta get moving!"

"hey wait ... no!!" Sugar Rush squeaked, feeling the full brunt of the mighty moving backpack which collided into her like a fast moving freighter, sending her sputtering in the opposite direction, her trajectory altered to the point of being wavering in her flight. Now she was really pissed off, but worse yet, stunned to the point of not seeing her exact direction. She'd find herself floating downwards as her jetpack began to fail and land within the slightly unzipped crevice of young Leah's backpack.

"You ... fucking ... bitch..." the stunned tiny villainess squeaked futilely, laying there spent as she waited to come to.

---

Lexi wiped the sweat from her brow upon finishing her difficult task, looking down at her no longer blank piece of paper and narrowing her eyes a bit.

"That's about as good as it's going to get..." the overworked Alexis Cole thought to herself before walking bravely to the front of the classroom and submitting her final exam. She'd give her professor a sheepish smile, "th-thanks again for the awesome class"

"Was it really awesome?" the philosophy professor would challenge, "or did you believe it was awesome?"

"...God I hate this" Lexi thought to herself before leaving the classroom, one challenge (hopefully) conquered and behind her. Currently in front of her as she walked was her friend Chris who had also just finished up on the Philosophy final exam.

"Gosh I'm really going to miss that class..." Chris bemoaned, "but at least I'm taking another one next semester"

"Hooray..." Lexi smirked sarcastically, walking alongside her dark haired friend for a little while.

"Hey, ya got some time?" Chris asked, "we could hang out or something?"

"That would be cool..." Lexi replied, "but I'm meeting up with Leah, plus wanna cheer her on at the home ec final"

"You ... cheer on people during their finals?" Chris asked, confused

"...I don't know what to tell you" Lexi shrugged, "if you don't know me by now, I have nothing more to teach you ..."

"Heh, fair enough" Chris shrugged sheepishly, going along his merry way while Lexi offered a friendly wave.

For just a brief amount of time, Lexi was beginning to feel like herself again. Maybe things were turning around, or maybe she was just better able to compartmentalize the various facets of her life.

Elsewhere, a similarly confident Leah Henderson was setting up for her home ec final, stationed at a bowl in which she'd be mixing the various ingredients for her cookies alongside some of her fellow culinary gurus and friends. She was hopeful that these cookies would come out good, even if she was a bit anxious to be baking in front of others but her nerves were at least a little settled upon glancing through the small classroom door window and seeing a smiling Lexi, looking goofy as ever as she offered a wave to her best friend. Leah acknowledged her without being too overt and began cracking eggs and getting to it.

Lexi smirked, watching Leah go. It was sure nice to see her best friend so involved in something. She could practically see the smoke emitting from her ears as she was in deep in thought on how to bake the perfect cookies. Wait. There was actually smoke... right? That wasn't just in Lexi's mind?

Lexi glanced downwards towards Leah's backpack and saw it again, a bit clearer this time but it's understandable why some of the other students, and Leah herself, wouldn't notice it. There was a decent amount of smoke to be seen as it was, while others were putting their dishes into the oven and continuing on in their own quest. But Lexi couldn't stop fixating on that one portion of Leah's backpack that seemed to be getting a hole burnt into it.

"Oh shit" Lexi sighed.

A beleaguered Sugar Rush would be piercing through the thick burlap surface of the infernal backpack prison using a fine tip laser on her arm cannon and came stumbling out, her jetpack still on the fritz, forcing her to climb the table leg.

Leah glanced back again while mixing her batter just to see if Lexi was still there. Instead of seeing her smiling best friend, though, she saw Lexi making a sort of nervous face before seemingly disappearing from view.

"Should I be worried...?" Leah wondered, continuing to just focus her attention down on the bowl of ingredients as she prepared to add sugar. Also unbeknownst to her, she'd be adding just a bit more than your average Sugar.

The professor of the class made their way around the classroom, checking on their students and offering approval or advice as they watched on.

"Ms. Henderson" Professor Wannabaker said, tilting her head as she observed the setup, "I know you're a very meticulous young cook, but time is of the essence, you need to hurry and finish the mixing phase"

"Of course" Leah chuckled nervously, "Certainly..."

Leah could be a tad on the slow side, especially when it came to projects that she was passionate about. Something about baking, among other things, would get her into those modes where it seemed like the rest of the world just melted away for the time. Unfortunately for her, that meant she wasn't noticing the tiny threat shimmying her way up the table leg towards her.

Lexi meanwhile was also inside the classroom but unseen to all due to her now tiny size, having snuck in under the door and looked around nervously for the ravaged tiny villainess, before she spotted her making her way up the table leg as if she were pole vaulting.

"Oh cripe ... I could really use that jetpack right now..." Lexi sighed to herself, performing a couple of well timed somersaults and hand stands to spring forward a bit more quickly, latching onto the table leg and climbing up herself.

By this point, Sugar Rush had beaten her similarly sized foe to her destination, and she wouldn't be beaten this time.

Perhaps a poor choice of words though, as the massive chef Leah Henderson would prepare her next phase, using an electric egg beater to begin whipping her purree like batter into a thicker consistency.

Sugar was able to kick her jetpack on at least a little bit, enough to send her upwards, but not too far before she felt something strong tugging on her leg. She'd look down and cuss to herself upon seeing Lexi grabbing onto her ankle.

"Get off, damn it!" Sugar squeaked, the sound barely distinguishable as Leah kicked on the electric mixer.

"Leave my best friend alone and we'll talk!" Lexi squeaked back, quickly getting shaken from her vice grip as she despertaely fought to keep Sugar away. At this point, even the focus locked Leah Henderson saw the two struggling on her countertop and her eyes widened as she let out a noticeable gulp, hitting the off switch on the electric mixer.

This prompted the already irritated professor to revist Leah's table.

"Ms. Henderson is there a problem?" Professor Wannabaker asked, seemingly confused at her students current course of actions.

While Leah attempted to answer that question, Lexi found herself thwacked up against the side of the ceramic bowl, Sugar trying to shake her foe loose by kicking her against the unforgiving wall again and again while simultaneously continuing her ascent.

Lexi would let out a frustrated grunt as she continued fighting the forces of gravity, friction and upward propulsion and it would come down to who would want it more. It turns out that answer was nearly a dead heat.

As Sugar lurched over the rim of the giant bowl, filled with thick cookie batter, her eyes widened for just a moment, being taken back to that traumatic night at the factory. This may have given Lexi a temporary advantage as she was able to similarly vault up over the edge and tackle Rachel from behind. Unfortunately, both of the women in combat were about to find themselves in a whole lot of dough.

Leah would take a deep breath and attempt to resume her excercise. It had been a crazy couple of months after all. Maybe she was just seeing things and her best friend and some armor plated fairy looking being hadn't just tumbled face first into her cookie batter.

"Oh fuck." Leah thought to herself, looking down to see just that, with Lexi and Sugar Rush entangled in a conflict just inches below where her electric mixer would be plunging.

"Well?" the impatient Professor Wannabaker would comment

Leah gave her a nervous giggle, but this was no laughing matter.

An enraged Lexi would thrash her way futilely through the thick cookie batter, feeling as if entrenched in a swamp but she was determined to work past it as she saw the downed Sugar just inches away. Lexi yanked her out of the batter and threw a swift punch to disable her from any attacks with the now jammed up arm cannon.

"You took my tech!" Lexi squeaked, throwing a thunderous punch to her, although it likely sounded like a paperclip hitting the ground to anybody of a more normal sized variety. "You're messing with my best friend! I don't want to fight you but I will!"

Meanwhile, Leah didn't know what to do. She wasn't about to turn her best friend into a frappe but she also had her professor giving her the stink eye and this situation was at best impossible to explain.

"Professor Wannabaker!" another student becried, "my gingersnaps exploded!"

"What?!" the confused and irate professor simply shouted, turning away from Leah and going to tend to the inept young cook who somehow exploded a set of gingersnaps.

Leah looked down concerned, giving her best friend a most puzzled look.

"Lexi..." she whispered, "what are you doing in my cookie batter? Why is that even a sentence I'm saying?"

"It's a long..." Lexi grunted, delivering another punch to the weakened Sugar Rush "STORY!"

The final punch Lexi delivered came with a bit of recoil sending her back down into the batter.

"J-Just carry on..." Lexi sighed, as Sugar began to stir and come to.

Rush tried to use her jetpack as a means of getting back at ShrinkGirl, by facing forward and turning the jets on full blast. It would take a few seconds, but the cookie dough would being to ripple a bit as a result and Sugar would slowly start to pull herself free to launch at Lexi.

"Lexi, look out!" Leah whispered, as another student just gave her a weird look. Again, Leah nervously chuckled.

Lexi gulped, her reflexes not nearly so good when weighed down by what felt like several tons of cookie batter. She had no choice but to take the solid impact delivered by the newly reinvigorated Sugar Rush as she clanged into her and pinned her to the edge of the bowl. Lexi let out a loud moan of pain that likely just sounded like a squeak.

Leah growled a bit, her finger looming overhead, she'd prepare the ultimate tiny disabling weapon. The flick.

Lexi shook her head, a bit concerned. She wanted to stop Rachel but she didn't want to cause serious harm. She looked anxious and closed her eyes, realizing why Leah was doing it but also not agreeing.

"Leave my best friend alone!" Leah said, a bit more loudly

Sugar turned for a quick moment, seeing the giant finger and letting out an audible gasp, at least to Lexi. Leah struck the back of the jetpack, sending her wildly off course and out into the classroom like a common housefly. She sputtered and shook, flying in involuntary loop le loops before cascading out of the open window, somehow unnnoticed by anyone save for the tiny superheroine and her best friend who delivered the devastating blow. Unfortunately she also splashed Lexi with some batter in doing so.

Some of the students nearby Leah continued to give her weird looks, now even dropping what they were doing to see what had happened. Leah just shrugged and pretended to act angry about something else.

"This recipe is just so frustrating! Argh!" Leah groaned, her acting a bit melodramatic but it was sufficient enough to bring the other students to shrug and return to their own final projects.

A weakened and batter covered Lexi just sighed in defeat, frowning mightily as Leah plunged the mixer into the bowl but also scooped her tiny best friend into her hand and closed it quick so nobody saw.

"Leah I --!" Lexi eeped, but was quickly silenced by the closing hand, feeling as if encased in a fortune cookie.

"Sorry Lex..." Leah thought to herself, "but I've gotta keep you safe for now..."

With that, Leah deposited her tiny best friend into her pocket while she started the mixer at last and attempted to stay focused on her final exam while wondering who that strange tiny woman was that Lexi was fighting. She would find out soon enough for sure, and that worried her even more.

Sugar Rush on the other hand was pretty banged up but the armor was surprisingly durable. It had to be, since it was expected to be used in such conditions. As Sugar Rush coughed up the ounces of cookie dough in her system she heard the static coming through on her radio headset, pulling the microphone closer to her mouth to speak once she had the strength.

"That... could've gone better..." Rush squeaked, hovering around the campus for a bit before landing just under a large metal bench.

"I gotta say, kid..." Roxie said, sounding a bit more focused as she was in an empty gymnasium at the time. "I admire your moxie ... but maybe next time, just focus on the plan ... she'll get hers. They all will"

"Y-You're right..." Rush answered, before hearing some muffled voices along with Roxie "...are you ... with someone right now?"

"Oh never mind that" Roxie chuckled looking over at a couple of tied up security guards and blowing them a kiss, "it's okay boys, we can play later ... you just be good and stay tied up, you'll have great seats for the show!"

Sugar Rush got a bit of a chuckle out of that. Perhaps more than she should have. Something about being shrunk and beaten down made one a bit more sadistic. She would've been appalled with what Roxie was doing in a past life, but that person was dead.

Rachel Rutschmann was dead. From her ashes arose a new being named Sugar Rush.

She owed her life to the kindly hell's angel named Roxanne Wright and on this day, she aimed to get retribution.