- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to my friend Something for helping on writing this.

You and your team have finally done it! Your science team has finally completed a teleport to a different universe. You and your team have got the green light from the government to test it out your experimental teleport in your New York lab. Late at night you and your team that is: You, Sara (Age 26), Rick (Age 30) and Tom (Age 19). The four of you start the machine. There is twisting of gears and pumping of fluids. But the team doesn't know that the universe is filled with tera sized giants! 1 millimeter for their size was 1 kilometer easily! But you and your young team of scientist don't know this yet!

"All systems check sir" Tom said gazing at a large computer screen not once look away from it. There was you in delight as this would make you and you team world famous and into every history book for decades as the 'first inter-universal explorers' you dream to yourself but where awoken by the whole lab flashing red and sirens going off and red warning sign flashing all around the lab. Your young team panic as mechanical pieces fly and scenes all around the room explode and graphs go off the charts in every level. Then you and the team gaze at a large blue sphere at the center of the room. It has worked! The team rejoice and steer in awe at the colorful sphere floats in the center of the lab but suddenly your dreams are shattered as the orb starts to expand rapidly.

Your team is covered in a blue gel as the orb expands more and more. Your team is frozen in the gel and you don't know what’s happening outside. Meanwhile the blob had expanded to the whole of New York and the world watched in horror and then anything inside the blob disappeared! The entire island of Manhattan had suddenly vanished as if the island was cut from the earth itself. Family separated; 20 million people suddenly are wiped of the face of the planet. The residents of Manhattan awoke as there were in shock as their massive city was teleport to somewhere much different. The 20 million New Yorkers gaze at their new surroundings...

It was Thursday and a couple of hours after school ended when Zach started thinking about what else he would bring to school on Friday. In his science class, they were going to do an activity, and students were asked to bring in anything interesting if they wanted extra points on their assignment. The teacher had a variety of things already (mainly water, plants, and other biological or natural things, since they were in their biology unit), and the students would inspect them using the magnifying glasses in the classroom (which had a very high magnification) to see if they could find any features more easily and write down any observations. Then, for the second half, they would look at the objects under the microscopes they had, and once again write down observations (and draw pictures). Zach wanted to bring something, and when he asked if what he brought had to relate to the unit, the teacher said that it didn't have to, but it would be preferable.

He was happy about that, since he wanted extra points since they would improve his grade (he was already doing well in the class, but he still wanted to do even better), but didn't want to spend hours looking for something interesting outside. At most, he would pick up some leaves or rocks. And that's exactly what he did when he got home. It took just a minute, and after he put them in his bag, he decided to rest before looking for more things. He went to get something from the kitchen and brought it to his room, where he would play one of his favorite games on his computer before doing a couple of other things. He didn't even think about the assignment for around 3 hours. After his break, he decided to look around the house for more objects. As he entered one of the rooms, grabbed a few things, and put them in his bag, he didn't notice the blue index card near his foot.

Meanwhile, you and your team were looking at what a highly-advanced, telescopic device you created months ago was displaying on the screen. It gave you a much better view of what this place looked like, and you were all instantly confused and intrigued by this new world. Instead of ending up anywhere that looked familiar, you ended up on an incredibly vast, blue landscape. It looked like it had a different texture than any type of land on Earth, and the structures were very bizarre.

Tom nervously said, "What...what is this place?" He thought it was fascinating, but also ominous. It just felt like there was something almost threatening about it. Maybe it was perfectly safe, but it was still unsettling. "Hmm, my device says it's supposed to be an alternate version of Earth..." you replied. You definitely weren't expecting it to look like this, but its uniqueness made you more determined to study it.

"Well, it sure doesn't look anything like our Earth," Sara said as she adjusted the settings on the device, causing it to zoom out even further. As it scanned the immense plain, it couldn't detect anything different. Just more of that strange blue land, completely devoid of life, with the exception of very simple organisms. "Okay, was there some world-ending event that happened here, or did this place just never have any complex life?" she asked. "We can't be sure yet. Maybe it's just this area that's like this..." you replied.

What the four you were about to find out was that this Earth was almost exactly like yours. This place had the same features and significant locations. The history of this place wasn't much different.The people looked and acted the same. The one major difference was that everything here was much bigger than their counterparts in your world.

Before you could do anything else, you and the rest of the city felt powerful tremors in the ground. Each one was more powerful and terrifying than the last. "W-What's happening?!" Tom asked in fear. He's experienced earthquakes before, but not one like this. Then, to the horror of everyone in the city, an absolutely enormous object landed right next to the blue landscape, generating extremely powerful winds that devastated the closest part of the city to it. The terrified citizens immediately tried to evacuate and look for a safer place. They had no idea where they were, but whatever this....thing was could easily destroy all of them.

After recovering from the earthquakes, the four of you stared at whatever this object was. It was by far the largest thing any of you have ever seen. "Okay....we need to find out what's going on in this place," you said. You were actually just as scared as the others, but were trying to remain calm. You had the device zoom out even more until you could see what the object was. Your entire team was frozen in shock and horror as the object was revealed to be a gigantic foot, resting right in front of the vast landscape, which you could see was paper. You realized the reality of this situation. The city wasn't teleported to some alien dimension or some insanely warped version of Earth. It was teleported to a normal Earth, except you were insignificant microbes to the inhabitants of this version. That was much more existentially terrifying. You stared at the foot, which occasionally shifted, throwing the city into more chaos. You couldn't help but be amazed at its size. Just one of his toes was unfathomably gigantic. In fact, just the ridges of it could easily hold the entire city.

You zoomed out further to see the owner of the giant foot. He didn't look like some godlike being. He looked like an average kid, and would have seemed completely non-threatening if it wasn't for the fact that he was larger than your Earth.

"We...we need to get out of here now!" Tom said as he ran towards the teleportation machine and frantically tried to activate it. Unfortunately, nothing happened. "No, no, no, no, no! It's not working!" Tom said as he desperately continued to try to get it to work. "We...we need to wait a while for it to charge. I know this is bad, but we all need to stay calm, alright?" you told the others. The four of you then tried to think of a way to stay safe as the teleporter recharged.

Unfortunately, you couldn't come up with any good solutions. The feeling of dread and hopelessness was too much for Tom to handle. "We...we won't make it...We won't get out...we're going to die here...." Tom said quietly as he sat down. He felt too weak to stand up. Then, Sara remembered something. She looked at you and asked, "Didn't you say you made some kind of device that we could use to communicate with people from other worlds if they couldn't understand us? Can't we use that? " That would have been a great idea, but there was one problem. You said, "Unfortunately, I designed it as more of a translator. Like, if they spoke a different language, even one that wasn't like anything on Earth, we could still communicate. I could try to add a function that would allow us to contact people in this universe, but that would take a little while, and I don't think we have that much time...."

Far above, Zach was about to start walking around the room again, when one of his friends texted him, asking him what he was doing.

"Trying to find stuff to bring tomorrow. Don't know if anything I have is 'interesting'." Zach answered. His friend completely forgot that the teacher talked about that. He never really cared about getting extra points anyway, so he typed another message.

"Ohhhh I forgot about that. Hey after school do u want to come over to my house???? I have something to show you!!!!!"

Zach laughed at his friend's excessive use of exclamation points and replied "U sound really excited. I'll ask my parents :)"

After he finished talking to his friend, he started thinking about where he would look next, oblivious to the fact that there was a very tiny object right in front of him that might be far more interesting than anything else.