- Text Size +

*

 

Helicopters were hovering over the city, in the distance, looking out of her window Laura could see various landmark towers. 

 

However, some of them, even from this distance, looked significantly damaged, like the city had been in a war zone. 

 

Smoke was rising across multiple parts of the city, buildings were completely crushed nearer to her own apartment building. 

 

She realised as she visually scanned across the skyline, that the Conical Tower was missing. Completely missing. It was always partially visible from her window. Half of the tower was visible from the side of one of the skyscrapers.

 

Perhaps it just wasn't visible today, her reasoning part of her brain suggested. 

 

Then the logical part of her brain anecdotally recalled that it had been a city planning requirement for developers to leave the tower visible to preserve city views along the viewcone from the direction of her apartment building… 

 

That meant that… it was really gone…

 

No… no … no…

 

She started to feel dizzy, she looked back at her bed and screamed at what she saw. The bed sheet was covered in metal, glass and small pieces of equipment and furniture… building rubble… real building rubble… how was this possible?... 

 

Then she suddenly felt incredibly cold. She dropped to her knees, she felt like she had lost all blood to her head and she crawled towards the bed in horror. 


*


The naked giantess looked back towards the bed. Her face was a mask of horror. She seemed almost as perturbed as Ryan and Becca were. 

 

They watched as the giantess dropped to her knees and screamed. Then she crawled towards the bed. 

 

Becca and Ryan started slowly backing away, but the giantess was fixated on the much larger tower. She appeared to just be realising what was happening as well. 

 

There was a group of people spilling out of the top of the tower. 

 

"Run!" Ryan shouted at them, as the giantess drew closer and closer towards them. 

 

Becca grabbed him and pulled him towards where the bed sheets were folded to try and hide from the giantess. 

 

 

*

 

If that is really the Conical Tower… the real one… then… those tiny squirming things… those must be…

 

Laura lowered her face right down towards the tip of the tower, quietly watching, her lips trembling as she approached and absorbed what she saw. 

 

Tiny people were lowering themselves out of the holes from the glazed roof, where the panels had fallen out, they were jumping down or helping lower other people out. They were landing on top of her bed sheet. 

 

Suddenly a tiny face turned towards her and looked up. 

 

Laura just about made out the expression of horror on her face and the tiny face formed into a scream. It was barely perceptible to Laura. 

 

"No!" Laura's voice tremored. "Don't scream… I'm sorry… I didn't do this deliberately… it's all a big mistake," she reached down with her hands to try and pick the tiny woman up.

 

The tiny woman started running away from her fingers. 

 

As did most of the rest of the small group of people on the bedsheet. 

 

"Please don't run, please… I'm sorry… look let me help you," Laura begged. She felt utterly terrible. 

 

She lowered her hand down to try to stop them from running away on her bed. 

 

Perhaps it was her clumsy sleepiness but her hand accidentally slammed down on a good portion of them.

 

"Oops!" She stammered. 

 

Other tinies slammed into her skin as they ran into her hand at full speed. 

 

She lifted her hand up and looked at it. 

 

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry," she said, looking at the bloody specs on the bottom of her hand. There were still a few people alive and dangling from her hand. 


Laura panicked and turned around looking for somewhere safe to put them. 

 

Then she remembered she had quite a nice jewellery box that she never really used. 

 

She carefully held her hand over the bed as she reached back to her bedside table and opened the drawer, withdrawing the jewellery box. 

 

She placed it down on the bed and grabbed hold of a credit card from her purse. 

 

She used it to very gently scrape the people who were still alive off her hand and down into the box. 

 

Then she lowered the card down to the bedsheet and very gently and carefully slid it beneath the group of tiny people. 

 

They tried running away and escaping but she scooped them up and gently tipped them into the box. 

 

"I'm just trying to keep you safe!" She spoke down to them, she felt terrible about what she had done. "I don't know what's happened but I'm going to find out and find a solution… to solve whatever has happened…" she trailed off uncertainly. 

 

She overheard the news presenter on the TV who was passing over to the city Mayor and Chief of Police. 

 

"We believe that the suspect is a human female, eye witnesses have informed us that she just started shrinking down from her giant height, we believe she may still be living in this city…" then an image of Laura appeared on the TV screen. 

 

It was an image taken from a helicopter whilst she was giant and straddling the Conical Tower doing… what she… did with it… 

 

She looked down ashamed.  

 

"We are looking for the suspect…" the Chief continued. 

 

Laura started to panic. 

Chapter End Notes:

Check out my site for more of this story and others like it, or to show me your support. I welcome your feedback:
https://subscribestar.adult/richardchdavies - note you can join this any time of the month and get a full month subscription