- Text Size +

She gathered her bearings, looked around, determined it was safe for now and gestured for him to get down as well. 

 

Ryan clung to the side of the window mullion (frame) and swung himself down. 

 

He joined Becca, they were both breathing heavily. 

 

There was an incredibly warm aura in the air, they knew what was causing that, the huge body. 

 

The aroma also caught in their throats, the very strong odour of the huge organ which loomed directly over them ahead. 

 

"Oh my god," Becca whispered. "I think…" she gripped Ryan's arm in panic. 

 

"I know… I think we're on bed sheets… she's lying down…"

 

"How is this possible?" Becca asked as she looked around their surroundings and back to the doomed tower. 

 

"I dunno, but we need to get away from here before she wakes up," Ryan suggested with urgency in his voice. 

 

Becca didn't disagree. 

 

They clung to each other and started running down along the side of the tower away from the smell and followed the wall of flesh towards the giant foot that was pointing skywards. 

 

That unconsciously made Becca look upwards and she stopped dead, causing Ryan to stumble. 

 

"What?" He asked with concern, then followed her eyes and looked upwards. "Oh, my god," he said as he looked directly up to see a huge distance between them and the ceiling of the room. There was a giant light fitting suspended from the ceiling. 

 

"We're in a bedroom…" he said, feeling hollow inside, then tugged on her arm to keep her going. They needed to survive to work out how to get out of this. 

 

Thoughts ran through his head. 

 

Her size was impossible, as were their surroundings. He could only conclude that she was either an alien, someone from the future with special technology or powers, or from like another dimension or something. It blew his mind as they ran so he didn't think of it any more.   

 

When they were just passing the giant knee there was a sudden noise from behind that caused them to spin round. 

 

Giant moans were coming from behind. They couldn't see much so they kept running. 

 

The giant foot was twitching ahead and then started moving, as did the leg. 

 

They were nearly at the end of the tower. They could see the broken and fragmented bottom of it, reinforced concrete, steel and glass protruded out of the bottom, debris spilled out at the base. It had been torn in half and it looked like the literal guts of the tower building were spilling out the end. 

 

They just couldn't comprehend the size and power of what had happened to them. 

 

So, they kept running until they nearly reached the giant ankle. 

 

A loud crunching and screeching sound stopped them and forced them to turn around. It sounded like stressed glass and metal. 

 

They looked in horror as they saw a giant hand grabbing hold of the body of the tower. The huge fingertips were wrapping around the cylindrical side of it. 

 

For the first time they saw the detail up close of the giant hand and fingers. The giant polished fingernails were huge. They could make out every crease, hair and follicle along the skin. 

 

The giant hand then started lifting the tower. The tower seemed to groan itself and there was a crunching and cracking sound externally and from within, as if the tower itself was reluctant to be picked up again. 

 

Screams and shouts echoed down to them from the tower. 

 

Becca and Ryan saw that a few people had managed to escape from the top of the tower, in the same way that they had. The other people were looking up at the giant hand as well and absorbing what was happening. 

 

The giant tower was lifted up into the air, the cone top tipping slightly forwards as it started to be carried back towards the giant body.  

 

Several people screamed and fell from the top of the cone shaped roof. 

 

Another few were screaming and dangling as they clung onto the sides of the window frames.  

 

"Let go! Drop down!" Ryan called out to the dangling people. 

 

"Shh!" Becca urged him. "We don't want to draw attention to ourselves." 

Chapter End Notes:

Check out my site for more of this story and others like it, or to show me your support. I welcome your feedback:
https://subscribestar.adult/richardchdavies - note you can join this any time of the month and get a full month subscription