- Text Size +

It was a rainy night as I ran to the store as I was taking some shelter from the sudden storm. Standing close to the door as I tried to shake some of the rain water off. I heard the sudden opening of an umbrella. It startled me for a moment as I didn't notice the woman standing next to me. She took notice of me quickly and giggled as she could tell she surprised me. It took me a moment before I could take full register of the situation. Just smiling for a moment while getting a good look at her. She was very eccentric,  having pink and dark brown hair, wearing a formal dress uniform matching her hair with a white top, black pants, and white boots with pink accents adorning her outfit. Then began to nervously smile before speaking. "Sorry, I was in such a hurry to get out from the rain. I didn't notice ya." I spoke, but she only stared at me for the moment. I could tell it was a curious gaze as she tried to figure out her own intentions. Though she didn't speak, just looked me up and down for the moment. I got a weird feeling from her as I backed away. Not wanting any trouble despite her not giving any bad signs. Though once I attempted to, she reached out for me to take her umbrella. 


"Huh? You want me to take it?" I said politely, as she just smiled and nodded. "Oh, thank you miss." I said as I reached for it, though once I was about to grab it. I felt my stomach sink, I grabbed at the umbrella but I only felt air as my hand went through it. Her form shattered like glass. My adrenaline began to run before I suddenly felt something stab me in the back. "What.....what the..." I was so taken off guard, I didn't realize what had just happened as the blade was jerked from my body. I heard the same giggle from before. I stumbled forward a bit before turning around and seeing the woman again. She had just stabbed me with the tip of the umbrella. The wound went straight through the side of my stomach. I began to hold it before trying to run into the store. Though the door was locked, I could feel my body began to lose energy as whatever I had been stabbed with started to take effect. I leaned against the door as I slide down it. My blood staining the door as I switched hands holding my wound. My quick breaths were steadily slowing down as I felt drowsy. Pressing my head to the door to try and keep myself up. I looked over to her just standing there. She was cleaning off the tip of the blade as I just watched her as everything went black.


I woke up sometime later, my body ached and everything was sore. I groggily stared up at the dark ceiling as I could hear others walk around and talk. I looked to my left and saw a nervous woman sitting next to me. She was talking to someone, telling them about my condition. Though I could barely make out what she was truly saying. I then noticed the bars that were behind her. I thought to myself, "are we in a cage?" I slowly began to try and sit up, but stopped as the pain in my side shot through me. The woman looked down at me with concern before pushing me back down to the ground.



"Stay down, you're only going to reopen your wound." She said sternly but I could tell she was afraid. She was too shaky, I could tell as she gently pushed me down. Though with my head raised slightly, I could see the dimly lit room for what it was. It looked like the inside of a hamster cage, but just beyond it looked like a giant desk. I could also see 6 other people standing around or talking to each other. Each of them looked like they came from very different places. Though one that took my eye was a man standing at the gate of the cage. He had one arm and he looked like he was readying himself for what was to come. Then suddenly the lights flickered on as the room lit up. I didn't hear the opening of a door as I was too focused on everything around me.



"Oh my God, she finally came back." The woman said, I was still trying to process everything as I felt small quakes in the ground. I could see by the woman's expression she was both extatic and even more frightened as I could see shadows begin to cover us once again. Looking up toward the caged ceiling, I could see the woman from before staring down at us from the cage. Her Heterochromic eyes focused on everyone in the cage before they began to stare at me with that same curious gaze. Then suddenly one of the others began to speak  up.




"You filthy criminal! Let me out of here! You have no idea what you're dealing with!" He spoke, I couldn't get a good look of them. Though he spoke with arrogance and anger as he threw curses up at the now giant woman.  I could see her curiosity drain from her face as she looked annoyed by the man's comments. Though she simply listened to the man before suddenly shaking the cage a little bit with a slight tap. It shut the man up, but the sudden quake was nerve racking to say the least.



She obliged the man's commands and began to open the cage door the other one armed man was standing at. The woman that was tending to my wounds looked down at me with dread in her heart as she helped me up and walked me to the door. I still didn't have a full grasp on the situation I was in as I just followed along. Being lead out onto the giant desk while the giant woman stared down at us.


I could still hear the man yelling curses at her. I looked over to the woman helping me and she looked concerned. Knowing the man was trying her paitence. The rest of us it seemed, stayed silent as the yelling man walked closer to the edge. "I know you and your little group of dust thieves. Stealing our precious elemental resources and hoarding it for your own means. If you think I'm going to give into the demands of the lacky of that bastard Torchwick. You have another thing coming Neo Po-" before the man could finish. I could see her lazily hand lift up as he spoke. He was too caught up in his threats, he didn't notice her decide his fate right then and there. Her massive gloved hand quickly came down ontop of him. Splattering him against the desktop like a grape as blood and guts shot out from her hand. 



I could only stare in a dulled shock as my own body and mind still hadn't caught up to the situation. I looked down to see what looked like an eyeball roll towards me. I then suddenly felt the support leave me as I dropped to one knee. The woman that was helping me went into a full breakdown as she saw the man's death. She fell to her knees and began to scream as the other stood silently. Knowing what was about to happen, one of them began to vomit violently at the sick sight. Meanwhile I could only keep staring at the eye ball trying to process what had happened. Before hearing the sticky remains on her glove begin to unstick as chunks of flesh fell onto the spot where he had perished as she lifted her hand up. I instinctively looked up before seeing her turn her hand over to see the completely flattened body of the man. There was barely anything left of him as she had put enough force into the slap to pulverize his body. 




She giggled as she brought her face close to the glove before licking it. Tasting the remains of the man before wiping it off on the table as she made a disgusted face. She then noticed me staring at her and quickly regained her composure as she smiled towards me. Then she turned her head to the others before one by one lifted them up with blood stained glove and placing them in her left hand. Each one of us went peacefully besides the woman as she struggled to get out of her grasp. Not wanting to be touched by the glove as she was effortlessly scooped up and dropped into her hand. When it came to me, I didn't move a muscle but recoiled in pain as she pinched my sides. Even though she was gentle, her powerful grip was too much for my now frail body.





I was then gently placed next to the man with one arm as we began to move. I looked up toward him and quickly spoke. "Be ready for what comes next. I can tell you're still getting your bearings, but death will only be awaiting you if you continue to twiddle your thumbs. You don't look important enough to be one of the people who deserve to be here. You're just a fill in, so I'd suggest keeping your wits about yourself. You may survive, you may not. Just don't be stupid like him." He said referring to the other man from before. I tried to respond but I was suddenly sent tumbling to the ground. She tilted her hand as she let us to fall to the floor. Though she had already crouched down so we wouldn't be hurt, but it didn't seem she cared about us landing on each other.



She had placed us infront of a makeshift starting line made out of yellow and black tap. There was another set of tap a few yards away from us. She had set up a game for us, though I didn't know what kind of game she was playing. I tried to stand again as I noticed the woman from before still sobbing as she announced. "We are all going to die here, I knew it, this is the end." I couldn't help but feel bad for her as I pushed through the pain and began to stand on my own. I walked toward her as she laid on her stomach, not even moving from the spot she had fallen at as the others prepared themselves at the starting line. It was like they knew what was coming.


I tried to comfort the woman by helping her up. Though she pushed me away and began to scream. "Please! Please just kill me already! You've done to me already! I didn't want to keep living like your slave!" She said as she continued to cry. I didn't know what she was talking about, though I began to take notice of her business uniform. It looked like it had been soaked in the rain and dried. She must've been taken on the same night as me I assumed as the man from before yelled at me. "Hurry up! If she isn't coming, she'll die there. If the game begins and you're still standing there. You'll be dead too." He spoke, I could tell he wasn't lying as I looked up toward Neo, she had a disappointed expression on her face as she looked down on the two of us. I could tell the situation was dire and I couldn't do much. So I tried to drag the woman to the starting line. I hadn't noticed it yet until I saw the tip of the umbrella from before come down next to me as Neo had grabbed it during this. She tapped it on the ground twice and the others began to sprint and run. "What the!" I said before the woman pushed me off of her again. She didn't want to the run, she just wanted to accept her fate. The man from before looked back ran back toward me before grabbing my arm and pulling me toward the goal. Forcing me to move and leave her. I didn't attempt to break out of his grip as I was still confused on what was going on. Until he pulled me ahead of him. "Don't stop moving, when she taps once. Stop and don't move." He said as he pushed me forward.



Then suddenly, I heard the tap of the giant umbrella. I did as he said as my blood was pumping and my heart was beginning to race. I could still hear the woman's cries along with the movements of the giant woman. Then suddenly I heard a loud crunch and the booming sound of her boot slamming on the ground. I wanted to look back, I wanted to move, I couldn't help myself, I wanted to know what had happened. Though it seemed someone else did as well. Just a few feet ahead of me, off to the right a man turned his head. Then with the shattering glass resounding throughout the room. I suddenly saw a shadow come overtop the man and the large boot coming down ontop of him. That same loud crunch was heard again as the monolithic boot stood infront of me. I was beginning to panic before I heard a tap again. 



The others started running again, the one armed man passed me as I stood for a moment in shock before sprinting off.  I tried to catch up to him as I moved as fast as I could. Not wanting to be caught up in this much longer. As I passed by the boot, I could smell the strong scent of blood. As I didn't take a moment to look at it. While I passed by another larger man who wasn't able to keep up the pace with the rest of us. 3 of us had already made it to the finish line and I was coming close to it before I heard the two taps again. I tried stop my momentum but i stumbled just beyond the finish line. I barely caught myself from falling, though i knew i had lost.Then I felt the quaking steps begin to approach from behind me, as I also heard thud. The large man from before, he had fallen as he couldn't catch himself in time. I stood perfectly still in my unbalance state before hearing him beg for his life. The others didn't make a sound nor a move as I could tell they were watching him. I then heard him scramble to get up and begin to run again. Trying to get away from her before I could hear, angered stomp. It knocked me off balance as I fell to the floor. Thinking it was over, I looked to see that her back was to me as she had chased the man for a moment.  She had taken her eyes off me and I was close to finishing. So I took the opportunity to make it look like I had won as she savored smearing the man's remains. As I quickly got up and ran past it. Getting behind the others and tried to blend in. The other 3 didn't seem to care as they just watched her continue to aggressively stomp on the man.


"He was a fool anyways, good riddance." One of them said. "If he wasn't prepared for something like this, he shouldn't have even taken the risk of agreeing to aid them." Another said. "He wouldn't have talked if it wasn't for me." The one armed man spoke. 


There was some context I wasn't getting here. I thought she had kidnapped these people. Something bigger was going on here and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I didn't wanna ask questions either. I was afraid, but mentally I knew I had to keep pushing forward or I'd be dead next. The others moved out of the way as I could feel a chill go up my spine. She was staring at me again, I didn't want to look back. Though I knew that's why they moved. She knew I had cheated, she was taking note of me from the beginning. Panic set in as I looked up toward her and she had maniac grin on her face as  I could see the excitement in her eyes. While nothing but fear filled mine.