- Text Size +
This was serious business now for Alexis Cole.

Of course, anytime you're tasked with saving the world ... er ... saving your small town... well technically she wasn't saving ANYTHING.... but you get the point. With great power comes great ... something something. And that's exactly why Lexi was sure to use her power responsibly and most importantly, maturely.

"Hi-ya! Yah!" the "mature" Lexi would grunt and sway as she practiced using her new 'Wonder Woman' gauntlets, mocking a fight in her room as she'd thrust and manuever about. She'd glance down at her cat Tiny who gave her a confused meow.

"Oh leave me alone, these are cool" Lexi giggled. "Although they do cramp up my wrists after a time ..."

Lexi sighed and took one off, going to get some more of the powder nanites to put on them, to ensure they would shrink with her. Would be a bit embarassing otherwise. While she went to do that, her phone would vibrate again.

Oh good, maybe it's finally Hope answering me back.

"Hello?"

"Lexi! Lexi! Guess what?" Leah exclaimed on the other end

"You actually CAN believe it's not butter!" Lexi guessed poorly

"What? ...No. Justin asked me to the winter carnival!" Leah replied

"Oh..." an emotionally uninvested Lexi responded, "well ... that's great! You gonna do the tunnel of love?"

"Don't be silly... he's not into that wimpy stuff..." Leah scoffed, "...but yeah, probably"

"Alright, well have fun ..." Lexi replied indifferently as she worked on enhancing her wrist gauntlets with the size enabling nanites.

"Lexi..." Leah whined, "I want you to come with us ... it'll be fun ... we can share cotton candy and go on some of the crazy rides ..."

"Yeah ... I mean ... maybe... I'll think about it..." Lexi sighed, both a little disappointed and preoccupied. She was happy for Leah naturally, but it wouldn't feel the same going as a +1 on a date with a guy who likely didn't want her there and would rather have alone time with his girlfriend who just so happened to be Lexi's best friend, "I mean, don't you think this is moving kind of fast?"

"Uh.... not really" Leah chuckled

"Well, I mean ... when you and Justin get your own house, where am I going to sleep? On the couch?" Lexi giggled

"Don't be silly..." Leah teased, "You'll sleep on the bedroom floor, next to our dog, Samuel"

"...You've already named the dog?" Lexi asked skeptically

"I'm thinking a beagle or a golden retriever..." Leah answered, her eyes kind of out in space now as she thought about it.

"Leah ... I just don't want to see you get hurt ... Justin seems like a nice guy but ..."

"I get it, I get it" Leah responded, "but it's no problem, it's just going to be a chill carnival date thingy and then who knows? You know I don't usually stay in relationships long..."

"Says the one who called him Mr. Right" Lexi remarked

"That is technically his name" Leah giggled

Lexi let out a reluctant giggle and shook her head, "Okay okay, I'll probably go ... when is it again?"

"Lex, you know when it is ... it's the first week of December, like always" Leah answered, sounding somewhat concerned, "are you sure you're okay? You've seemed really out of it lately and it's not like a one time thing, it's been a few weeks and you've just seemed ... off ... if there's anything you need to tell me, you know you can..."

"Yeah no, it's fine... I'm just ..." Lexi sputtered

"Is it Chrissy?" Leah asked

"Chrissy?"

"Well you said she wasn't doing so well... I thought maybe something happened with her?" Leah asked

"No No, she's fine ... well now ... I fixed it" Lexi nodded

"Heh, of course you did ..." Leah smiled, "you're such a good friend ... she's lucky to have you, and so am I"

Lexi would smile at that but quickly try to shift gears

"Anyways ... thanks for the call, Leah lovely ... and yeah ... I'm happy for you ... keep rocking it" Lexi said

"You're going to get going?" Leah asked, already familiar with Lexi's cues for wrapping up a phone call

"Yeah ... I probably should ... gotta cram for the science test and all" Lexi replied

"We could always study together?" Leah offered

"Nah, we'd probably just talk about boys all night" Lexi joked

"Huh?"

"Never mind... you had to be there..." Lexi sighed.

------

"Nothing? You have nothing for me?" Dr. Max angrily verbally assaulted his colleague Dr. Wright

"I ... I don't know what you want me to say ..." Joseph stammered

"I want you to give me some intel ... wasn't that the whole point of me getting your kid into the university? Isn't he dating the girl now?"

"W-Well yes but ..."

"But what?" Max snapped. He was in no mood for patience. Then again, he rarely was.

"I just don't think this plan is very ... ethical..." Joseph confessed.

"Ethical? Ethical ... Ethical..." Max pondered this foreign concept for just a moment before coming to his own conclusion, "you know what I think is unfortunately unethical ... is somebody LEAVING THE DOOR OPEN TO OUR TOP SECRET EXPERIMENT SO YOUNG 20 SOMETHING GIRLS CAN POKE THEIR NOSES IN AND POTENTIALLY RUIN EVERYTHING!! You are lucky I don't have you escorted off the premises at once and call the police!"

"Look ... you've ... you've made that clear..." the distraught Joseph Wright sighed, "you've made it abundantly clear why this plan was needed ... I just don't ..."

"Look Joseph, do you not want this girl to be safe?" Dr. Max asked

"W-Well of course" Joseph nodded

"Then just ... let me help you help her and help us" Dr. Max said

"H-How so?"

"Just ... the more information we can get, the more we can figure out how ... advanced her condition is..." Dr. Max nodded, lying through his teeth yet again, "now can you tell me ANYTHING about her ...?"

"I mean, my son mentioned going to some carnival with her next week..." Joseph shrugged

"Ah yes, the winter carnival ... what a lovely time for romance and wintry magic and ..." Max mockingly swooned

"Wh-Where are you going with this, Doctor?"

"I'm just thinking perhaps it's time we took a field trip ... I have an opening on my calendar" Max smirked, "Say ... next week?"


----

A lovely calm fell over the pier overlooking the Minitropolis Sound, accentuating the railings, boardwalk and overall structure that housed Minitropolis' biggest carnival each year. There would actually be 3 such events, but the Winter Carnival was the biggest, lasting about a week and attracting visitors locally and from around the region.

The turnstiles were being packed with prospective visitors, bundled up a fair amount but ready for a memorable experience as the place was lit up with twinkly white and multi-color Christmas lights and the familiar sounds of carnival melody could be heard throughout.

There was one person who seemed a touch disappointed though, even as her boyfriend wrapped his arm around her to keep her warm in line.

"Lexi, are you sure?" Leah asked, her face distorted into a pout, even while glancing at Justin every so often.

"Yeah I'm sorry Leah, I'm not feeling very well..." Lexi sighed, wearing her purple and gold, plus the new wrist gauntlets, she'd pose briefly in the mirror before shaking her head at her own idiocy, "...if I'm feeling up to it, I may catch up with you though..."

"I'm really sorry to hear that ..." Leah frowned

"Hey hey, don't let it ruin your fun, okay? Give Justin a big smooch for me" Lexi teased, her cell phone in tow as she was making her own way out the door.

"Okay ... well ... feel better soon, okay?" Leah sighed, shortly after hanging up the phone.

"Sorry to hear about Lex..." Justin sympathized as the line advanced them in, "but we'll still have a great time"

Leah would murmur but smile, "Yeah, of course!"

What Leah didn't know is that Lexi had received some intel not even an hour earlier on her surprisingly effective police scanner.

Speaking of the police, what were they up to at this point? The Minitropolis Police (affectionately referred to as the Mini Troop)had gotten a call to scramble into action when hearing that the well known motorcycling criminal Roxie was once again on the move. The question was, to where?

Moments before that call though, young Sonia Sanders was analyzing some recovered footage from the break-in at Jackson's Jewelers. There were a still a lot of things that were unclear about that night but the strangest of all surprisingly wasn't the scantily clad Roxie, but rather the young girl in purple and white who seemed to come in out of nowhere and vanish just as fast. Many on the force thought her to be an accomplice or some kind of vigilante looking for publicity.

Sonia was fairly new on the staff but she somehow suspected otherwise. She thought this person may have actually been trying to stop the robbery, although the camera footage was pretty fuzzy.

"Sonia..." a fellow officer informed, "We need you ... now... we need backup on the Roxie case, she's at it again"

Sonia would leave her video feed paused about a frame after Lexi had left the frame and she hopped into a squad car with her partner.

On the road, Roxie was accelerating at a dangerous speed, weaving in and out of oncoming traffic as the red and blue lights pulsed behind her, closing in fast.

"You guys really gotta get a life!!" Roxie laughed, throwing what appeared to be jumping jacks on the road but they were more like mini spiketraps which would puncture many of the cop cars tires, "We're going to need backup to 26th and 9th..."

"That's not too far out..." Lexi muttered to herself, listening to her police scanners updates from up on a neighboring building. She could see the chase developing and Roxie wasn't too far from interceding from her. The question is ... could she do this?

Feet on the edge of the building roof, she'd take a deep breath and fold her arms briefly as if about to dive from a high diving board. After all, that's what this would be... even moreso since she planned to shrink herself mid-jump.

"You could just leave this to the professionals, Lex..." the conflicted and distraught young heroine thought to herself. As she watched a few of the cop cars spin out of control and other cars swerve into precarious spots due to Roxie's recklessness, she knew one way or another, the violence and danger had to stop. "I may shrink ... but I'm not shrinking away from this challenge..." the young damsel declared out loud, taking the plunge. She was all in at this point.

Here. Goes. Everything.

Without a second thought or pause, the purple and gold clad Alexis Cole would leap off the roof as soon as Roxie was within striking distance but of course she'd be super obvious if she did it as was, so she also inhaled deep, feeling her mass implode with her breath, shrinking to the size of a bug as she made her descent.

"Fuck, am I going to make it....?" the startled Lexi thought, eyes open wide as she watched Roxie's motorcycle and her body itself come into view, getting closer and closer rapidly, gravity and velocity taking their course on her trajectory. She'd continue to fall like a stone, her arms reaching out and grabbing onto the first thing she could, a long jagged piece of gold metal. It stung, as she clung to the cold, wet metal but she was okay, for the most part, dangling for her life as she glanced down briefly to see nothing but galvanized rubber spinning at an insane rate of speed. A glance forward and she'd see the oversized posterior of Roxie. "Oh god, I gotta keep my eyes on the prize here..."

Lexi would desperately try to crawl herself up, the wind striking her face, the sounds unbearably loud as the police cars were within a mile, maybe less and closing quick. As soon as she had crawled up more onto the bike and had some footing, she decided to make her move.

"Fuckin' bitches, get a clue! I just ain't that into you!" Roxie joked, referring to the Mini Troop who continued to tail her.

"Hey, you're not exactly MY type either!"

Roxie's eyes would again widen, who the fuck just said that?

For the answer to that question, the volatile vixen would have to crane her neck ever so slightly to see she had a riding partner, in the form of Lexi who had her arms clenched around her waist as if acting like a seatbelt. Roxie was swift to try elbowing the heroine off her bike but Lexi simply reacted as fast as she could, shrinking and climbing onto Roxie's moving wrist.

"Oh okay, NOW you wanna play?" Roxie smirked, slowing down just a bit to focus on the "bug" on her arm, swerving a bit and changing her course. Lexi would somersault off her wrist and land right in Roxie's view, now sitting on her front mirror at about 3 feet tall and sticking her tongue out

"Eyes on the road, Roxie..." she'd tease

"Get the fuck off, cheer wench!" Roxie snapped, throwing a punch her way. She might've hit too, had her target been more reasonably sized but Lexi didn't play that way. She shrank lickety split and would slide onto the over decorated dashboard of Roxie's bike, before making a quick break for the right handle bar and grinning.

"Guess I've got a "handle" on the situation...." the tiny Lexi would smirk

"Heh, it's your funeral ShrinkBitch" Roxie sneered, twisting her wrist hard on the brake to throw Lexi backwards, but what she didn't count on was the "bug" becoming full size and basically thwacking into her lap. "You really wanna cop a feel so bad, just do it but enough of this back and forth..."

"Ugh, as if ..." Lexi blushed, although that was kind of a lie.

Still, Roxie didn't like feeling outsmarted by this newbie so she'd try to clock her in the side of the head with a swift strike from her right fist, but Lexi would respond in kind, shrinking down so that she was clinging to Roxie's tight biker shorts

"Oh sure, violate me, why don't you?" the cocky villainess scoffed.

Lexi would let out a low growl and grow herself back, now facing Roxie and glaring at her as she again got in her way of the road, "Roxie, just stop the damn bike..."

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Roxie smirked, "yknow what? Good plan ... let's head right this way..."

With a confident smirk, Roxie would continue riding ahead at full speed despite having her view blocked, it was as if her mind was set on a target. Lexi turned around, a bit shocked herself to see what it was. The Minitropolis Pier? ...the Carnival.

"Yknow, on second thought, we might be able to catch a movie..." the stammering Lexi gulped.

"Oh don't be so coy," Roxie giggled, licking her lips, surprisingly making no attempt to shove Lexi off the bike, "I hear cute couples get in free... so pucker up..."

With that, Roxie would surprisingly lunge at the confused Lexi for a kiss, to which she would shrink again, but this time wouldn't be so lucky to land on her leg but rather the space between her thighs as the motorcycle seat shook violently.

"This isn't good..." Lexi thought to herself but it was only a passing thought before Roxie clenched her thighs tight on the bug sized heroine.

"Guess I've got the ... leg up, huh?" Roxie chuckled, talking down to her latest little catch, "See? I can do the banter too..."

Lexi groaned, a helpless passenger as Roxie would begin to make her way towards one of her childhood haunts, about to terrorize the good people of Minitropolis during what was perhaps the most premier event of the year, the winter Carnival.

During this, a socially awkward couple by the names of Leah Henderson and Justin Wright would be on a swan shaped boat coasting along a questionably murky lake of water moving at a speed of about 5 MPH. Leah certainly wasn't hating it but this seemed a lot less remarkable now that she was 20, than say even when she was 16. And were there ALWAYS weird looking cupid pop-up puppet things?

"Yeah... told you this was wimpy..." Justin shrugged a bit, although he couldn't completely disguise his goofy grin

"I've seen you smile a few times on this whole thing" Leah teased, booping his nose

"Well that's just because of the lovely company" Justin winked, thinking he had just crafted the best romantic line of all time. Although as it turned out, he may not have been too wrong because Leah took his face in her hands and gave him a long passionate kiss.

"Wh-Whoa..." Justin blushed tremendously, as did the flummoxed Leah Henderson.

"Yeah... whoa..."

The moment was perfect. Absolutely perfect and tranquil and perfect... until, it wasn't.

"ATTENTION PARK GOERS! WE NEED EVERYBODY TO EVACUATE THE CARNIVAL AREA AT ONCE! THERE IS A DANGEROUS ARMED CRIMINAL IN THE VICINITY ON A MOTORCYCLE!!"

To back up this announcement was the audio evidence they could hear from the campy tunnel of love and it was the piercing sound of the motorcycle and screaming of citizens as they fled from the terror of Roxie and her currently out of side passenger.

"Geez, there are some crazy people in the city ..." Justin just shook his head in dismay and said

"Yeah ... maybe it's a good thing Lexi didn't come out tonight..." Leah pouted, just hoping everything would be okay.