- Text Size +
Lexi would hang up the phone discouraged, having called Hope only to receive her voicemail. She'd sigh and leave her phone on the nightstand. Maybe it was for the best she didn't stay in contact with them. They may have helped her once but they were still working with the enemy. The dreaded Enormo Enterprises. Although even she had to admit, the nanites were nice. They had helped her shrink a lot easier and keep her clothes shrunk to size with her.

Lexi sat on her bed, again in deep thought as she felt the subtle brush of cat hair against her exposed ankle while Tiny made the rounds. She'd smile and lay her hands across his back a few times while thinking about everything that had happened.

"Oh I should call Leah and ask her how the date went" she thought to herself, before ultimately deciding against it. "Eh, they may still be out ... plus I'm sure she'll tell me all about it tomorrow ... which is good, I could use some good news"

Lexi would sleep remarkably peacefully that night, but by contrast, something was stirring just outside the eerie doorways into Enormo Enterprises' laboratories. Not one, not two, but 3 of the horrific metal mutations Max had experimented with were slithering their way out of the garbage, piercing the thick blue aluminum that failed to hold them in.

What would emerge was a trio of monstrous looking creatures, each a bit bigger than a common house dog and featuring the same fearsome fangs, glowing red eyes and sharp tallon like feet as they'd aimlessly wander into the unsuspecting neighborhoods. Likely a problem for another day, but still worth mentioning.

----

Back in Lexiland the next morning, young Alexis Cole decided to kill some time before work and school by practicing her shrinking powers. She had gotten very close to one trick in particular and while it may not help her out in the battlefield ... geez, it was weird for her to even think those thoughts. She never intended to get into any fights, but of course as a superheroine? I guess she could call herself that ... as a superheroine, she would need to be prepared to fight. But first ...

"Holy still, Tiny... I promise I can get this" Lexi yelped, standing just a few inches behind her timid cat. Thankfully she knew his nerves would go away once she became the smaller party, and so she wasted no time inducing her shrinking powers, feeling it a bit more effortlessly this time as she leapt onto her now tiger sized cat and began riding on him.

"Whooo!! This is awesome!" the relativity tiny Lexi would squeak, just holding on as best she could to Tiny between his firm shoulderblades as he'd run around the room a bit, "Hmmm, I uh ... heh ... have no control of this"

Not that she was a horseback rider anyway, so Lexi had no experience controlling a wild animal, let alone a cat, whose attitude would naturally carry them whereever they saw fit, and in this case Tiny was making a mad dash towards the door which was just cracked open enough for him to slip through. Lexi, however was not quite ready for that, lest she be exposed to the rest of her family.

"Tiny? Tiny, no ... bad kitty..." the tiny rider would argue, before realizing any attempt to switch courses was futile, she'd roll off him lightly and hit her shoulder on her floor, groaning a bit but also letting out a laugh as she slowly grew back to fall size, her door swinging open a bit more as a result of Tiny sliding through. She'd pull herself onto the bed and just shake her head.

"Well I rode a cat for a few seconds, that's something..." the incredulous Lexi noted in her head before hearing a knock of the door and the fairly quick response time from her mother.

"Hey Lexi, it's Leah!" Mrs. Cole would say

"Oh!" Lexi gasped, realizing she was still in her cheer outfit/superhero costume. "Just a second!"

After a mad dash to get changed, Lexi would find herself at the door to see her perky best friend holding a familiar kind of box. A pizza box with red and green trim, featuring the logo of one of their favorite places to go. Minima's Pizza in downtown Minitropolis. It was always kind of a tradition that when one of them was having a tough day, the other would bring over a box to share. Lexi saw this and instantly was overcome with joy.

"Leah ... thank you so much, but you didn't have to ..." Lexi smiled

"Well I've never HAD to, but I wanted to" Leah nodded, holding the box with two hands, "now, mind if I come in? This is getting kinda hot ..."

"Oh! Heh, of course, come in" Lexi replied, pleasantly surprised and a bit anxious as she led her best friend up to her room.

There, they'd sit and converse over the local pizzeria's infamous pie, small rushes of nostalgia rushing through their heads along with the sweet savory flavors of tomato, meat, and cheese.

"So you're thinking second date?" Lexi smirked, taking a bite

"For sure" Leah nodded, holding back a goofy smile as the cheese from her slice was pulling a bit too much against the paper plate she had it affixed to. She'd hastily retrieve a napkin to slay the mozzarella snake as it ensnared her mouth momentarily.

"That's cool though" Lexi nodded, "Sorry if I'm not more talkative ... just ... had a lot going on ..."

"I've noticed" Leah replied, "just thought maybe you'd wanna talk about it..."

"I'm not really sure what to say..." Lexi exhaled. In truth, she wanted to tell Leah about all of it. The shrinking powers, the lab accident, the crazy chick with the nice legs and great ass ... what the hell? Why did she keep thinking of Roxie in that way? She couldn't tell Leah though ... I mean, yes she could prove it by just SHOWING her but that's assuming her powers weren't suspect to some kind of "performance anxiety" and even then... her dad worked at Enormo Enterprises, and she didn't want to burden her with the kind of information she had.

"Well, just... say whatever's on your ... holy crap" Leah giggled, looking up to notice the pinned picture of 'The Shrinking Girls' on Lexi's corkboard. "You kept this?"

"W-Well of course I did..." the suddenly bashful Lexi stated, "it was ... silly, I realize but..."

"Silly? It was badass" Leah chuckled, standing up to have a better look, "Oh... I remember we even made you a custom belt ..."

Lexi would smile, looking at the picture and observing it closer. The 'SG' belt buckle would be a similar deep purple to her outfit with gold trim and golden SG letters on it. Also in the picture were a couple of wrist gauntlets which caught Lexi's eye.

"Do you remember ... what these were for?" Lexi asked Leah, pointing to the picture right around the wrist where the gold gauntlets appeared

"Oh... oh yeah ... it was kind of a reference to Wonder Woman but they would serve a similar purpose, basically to block bullets and like ... I don't know, punch people" Leah explained, before adding, "I mean, we were just kids, Lex, we just liked to draw cool stuff"

"It was cool, wasn't it?" Lexi smiled warmly, observing it closer.

The ability to block bullets, huh??


"But anyway ... yeah ... things are going really well right now" Leah added, breaking up Lexi's whirling thoughts.

"I'm glad" Lexi nodded, "did Justin ask you about the carnival?"

"No he didn't, but it's still a few weeks away ..." Leah paused, noticing the topic was still a bit sensitive for Lexi, "I want you to come though"

"Hmm?"

"If he asks me ... of course if he doesn't too, but even if he does, I want you to come with me... come with us, yknow? It'll be fun, just like old times" Leah smiled, taking another slice of pizza. Lexi watched her eat it with such reckless abandon and couldn't help but grin.

"Um ... sure, I mean if that's what you want ... I'd hate to be a third wheel..." Lexi sputtered.

"I doubt he's even going to ask me" Leah shrugged, "especially after I gain so much weight after eating all this pizza!"

"Oh my gosh, stop" Lexi giggled, giving her best friend a playful shove.

As the two continued to laugh and chat, it was good to know that at least some things hadn't changed.


----

Later that week at the mall, young Alexis Cole was going down to a metalworking store where she knew a couple friends. Yeah, Joshua James wasn't the only one with connections around here. Her goal would be to replicate, as closely as she could the Wonder Woman style gauntlets in the picture. If she were to deal with Roxie (or any gun-toting criminal for that matter) she wanted to be prepared. Plus they did look pretty cool. The SG belt buckle on the other hand? Well that would be near impossible to replicate.

While making her way through the mall, she neglected to notice a familiar couple chatting at a table around the central food court's fountain, which wouldn't really affect her anyhow, even if she was in some way an indirect topic of their conversation.

"Are you serious, Justin?" Leah smirked

"Yeah, I mean, I think it would be fun ... they're suppose to have a tunnel of love..." Justin added, "...not that I'm into that wimpy kind of stuff..."

"Uh-huh... suuuuure" Leah smiled coyly, just sliding her hand onto his, "Well yeah, I would LOVE to go with you"

After a moment of celebrating in her head, Leah's smile did waver just for a moment

"Of course, I hope it would be okay if ..."

"Yeah" Justin chuckled, knowing her well enough at this point to know where her mind was at, "Lexi can come"

"Are you sure?" Leah asked curiously, leaning in a bit

"Well yeah, you were telling me how you and her always use to go there, it's actually what kinda have me the idea" Justin replied, "I never really got to go out and do social stuff like that as a kid or even recently .. it'll be nice to see it for myself ... the fact that I'll be going with a pretty girl is just a bonus"

Leah turned bright red as she leaned in to kiss her boyfriend and winked before adding, "...2 pretty girls"

"2 pretty girls, yes of course" Justin nodded

"Oh Lexi will be so excited" Leah giggled, quick to take out her phone, "Oh I wonder what she's doing right now, she's probably at work or something.. she's always on the go"

And where was Lexi at that moment? She was off requesting the normal type of things one might expect..

"You want us to make ... this?" the young lady with dyed gray hair would ask, who's name was Taylor

"... if it's not too much trouble" Lexi replied shyly, "it's basically just the wonder woman thing ..."

"Yah yah, no I get it ... cute drawing by the way" Taylor responded, sounding sincere about that. "Is this for a cosplay or something?"

"Well ..." Lexi paused before nodding, "Yes! Yes, a cosplay!"

"Righteous" Taylor smirked, "We should have something to you by the end of the day if that works?"

"Yeah, that'd be awesome, I can swing by after work" Lexi smiled

"Oh, do you mind real quick if we just ...?" Taylor asked, leading Lexi towards a back room, "let's size up your wrists and stuff... I assume you're going to be the one wanting to wear these?"

Lexi blushed bright red and nodded, "yup, that's me ... a regular Wonder Gorl of sorts..."

"So what's the SG stand for anyway?"

"Oh uh ... S-Sailor Gale....? We were big Sailor Moon fans as a kid ... it was a ... fan character we made up" Lexi blushed, obviously lying, something she wasn't very good at.

"Right on" the chill Taylor retorted as they got to work.

-----

Elsewhere the gaze of another man was determined to track something down and this man was VERY good at lying. We are of course talking about none other than Dr. Maximillian E. Mumford ... his fingertips dancing on the dimly lit keyboard as he toiled away on what he had started.

"The trackers should be active and yet ... wait ..."

Finally it would appear the evil doctor had struck gold. His quest had paid off. He had not only designed some morphing capable killing machines but he now was able to track their whereabouts and in some rudimentary way control them.

"Unit 1 is online" Max told himself as he viewed through the grim red visor of one of the Maximites while it displayed on his monitor. The readout was something similar to a Terminator movie with gridlines and targeting reticles highlighting an area of suburban Minitropolis. The sound of creeking metal could be lightly heard as the mechanical monster turned its head left and right to look around. Max was further pleased that the joystick on his console was aiding in that movement.

"Heh, good doggy" Max sneered. "Phase 2 is complete ..."

While the Doctor worked on this, another Doctor passed by, stopping for just a moment.

"Sir?" the other asked

"Yes Dr. Hoffnung?"

"What ... is that exactly?"

"Oh this is just a new security camera prototype I'm working on" the evil doctor lied, "I have it flying around eastern Minitrpolis at the moment"

"Uh-huh..." the normally more inquisitive doctor responded. Instead he seemed rather perturbed, his mind elsewhere even.

"Lose something, Doctor? You seem upset" Max asked

"Huh? No ... No ... nothing..." Trevor answered, further jostling about to signal his discomfort with things.

"Well, I must be getting back to the work..." Dr. Max answered, "but do me a favor ... if you see Dr. Wright around, have him see me as soon as he can, please ..."

"Is it ... something urgent, sir?" Dr. Hoffnung asked

"Not terribly so, no ..." Dr. Max shook his head, "I was just hoping to hear more about a ... fact finding project I have him on..."