- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A DC Superhero Girls story. After coming into contact with a piece of red kryptonite, Supergirl's sweat becomes a potent shrinking serum, as Batgirl unfortunately discover during their sleepover. It seems that's not the only change either, as Supergirl now wants nothing more than to see her friend shrink smaller and smaller. How small will Batgirl get before the crzed kryptonian is finally satisfied?
RATING: PG
TAGS: Slow shrinking, from Dwarf down to Nano, Feet, Sweat, Odor
Commissioned by rayner3 on DA

Barbara Gordon—alias Batgirl—was so excited to be having a sleepover with her friend Kara Danvers, the fellow-hero Supergirl. As soon as Kara opened the door for her, Barbara pounced on her, wrapping arms around her neck in a tight hug, before being led inside to her room, both of them chatting excitedly about everything they were going to do tonight. But after they entered Kara's room and the big buff blonde took off her boots, Barbara nearly ran back outside.

“Oh my God!” she cried out, raising both hands to cover her nose and mouth and keep out that horrible cheesy smell that assaulted her nostrils.

“Sorry,” Kara said, grinning apologetically. “I probably should have warned you about this, huh?”

“Kara, are those your feet I'm smelling? What happened? Did you get an infection or something? I don't remember them smelling this bad before.”

“Yeah, they've been smelling like this since yesterday when I came into contact with some red kryptonite; that always does weird stuff to us kryptonians. I'd keep my boots on but the kryptonite's also been making my feet sweat a lot and it's super uncomfortable; I really need to air them out. I've tried getting rid of the smell or masking it in other ways, but it never works.”

“Oh. Well, if this is all it did to you, I guess that's a good thing, right?” Barbara aid, slowly lowering her hands and giving Kara a forced smile.

“Are you okay, Babs? You're looking a bit, uh... sick.” Kara grimaced. “If you want we can postpone this until next week. I mean, there's no reason why you should have to put up with this smell.”

“No, no, it's okay! I'm already getting used to it anyways! We shouldn't let a little bad smell ruin the sleepover!”

“Whatever you say, Babs. Heh! Who knows? Maybe by tomorrow you'll even start liking the smell; I know I have! Anyway, let me go get some snacks and drinks for us. Be back in a jiffy.”

Barbara kept the smile on her face until Kara had left, then sighed and looked around the room for anything she might be able to use to cover up that smell—some sort of perfume or body oil she could put on her upper lip so she could at least smell something a bit more pleasant alongside that stench. Unfortunately there wasn't anything there.

It occurred to her to try looking in the bathroom for something, and was just heading out when she stepped on a strange wet spot. Looking down, she saw that she had stepped in one of a series of moist footprints leading out of the room and down the hall—Kara's sweaty footprints, she realized. Barbara groaned wiped her foot on the floor until all the sweat was gone from her sole; that's when she started to notice that something was off.

It was subtle at first, so much that she thought it might just have been her imagination acting up, but the more she looked around, the more obvious it became that she had gotten about half a foot shorter. Alarmed, she hurried for the kitchen, avoiding all the spots of sweat Kara had left behind. “Kara! Kara!” she cried as she ran up to her kryptonian friend. “Kara, look! I got shorter!” She bounced from foot to foot, motioning to the top of her head while looking up at her friend.

Kara frowned and took a step forward, placing hand on top of Barbara's head and comparing the other girl's height with her own. “You're right,” she said, eyes wide in surprise. “Why is this happening? Do you have any idea?”

“It happened just after I stepped on some of your sweat. I wiped it off, and when I finished I was already this small. I think that's what did it, Kara; your sweat! That red kryptonite must have made it into some sort of shrinking serum.”

“My sweat did this?” Kara looked down at her feet thoughtfully. “I guess it's possible. But we should probably make sure that's really the case. If it is then we can just have my sweat analyzed to figure out how it's causing this and maybe work out an antidote. If it's not, then we can start looking for the real culprit instead of wasting our time with it.”

“That makes sense, but how are we going to test it?”

“Well, there's only on person around we can test it on,” Kara said, looking meaningfully at Barbara.

“... Wait a second, you don't mean... Are you really saying I should touch your sweat and maybe shrink even smaller? No way!”

“Oh, come on, Babs, it's just a little touch; I'm not asking you to drink it. And you'll probably only shrink a little bit, if you shrink at all. You already lost six inches; does it really mater that much if you lose another two?”

“I guess not.” Barbara sighed. “Fine, I'll do it.”

“Attagirl! Now he's a dose straight from the source.” Kara slid her foot over Barbara's, leaving behind a thin layer of sweat.

“EEK! D-didn't you say it would only be a little touch?” Barbara said.

“This is a little; I could have used both feet, you know. Look, it's happening! You're shrinking again!” Both girls watched in awe as Barbara slowly shrank, becoming smaller and smaller and smaller, losing not a couple inches as Kara had said, but a couple feet. By the end she was down to half her original height, looking up in horror at Kara from below her friend's waist.

“Oh no! this is way worse than I thought it would be,” Barbara said.

“Is it? I think this is an improvement. You're so much cuter like this!” Kara said, leaning over to pet Barbara on the head.

“Kara, quit playing around! This is serious! We need to get a sample of your sweat right away to analyze it. Quick, before the red kryptonite's effect wears off and we miss our chance!”

“Oh, don't worry, I'll get around to it. And hey, even if I don't, I'm sure Bumblebee will be able to grow you back somehow. So if you think about it, there's really no rush here. In fact, we could shrink you even smaller and I'm sure everything would turn out fine in the end.”

“Don't even joke about that kind of stuff, Kara! Everything's scary enough at this size, I can't imagine how much scarier it would be if I shrank as much as Bumblebee without any way to grow myself back. I really think we should at least call her. Maybe she can come over tonight and... EEK!” Barbara cried out as Kara's foot again touched her own, leaving it covered in sweat. She hurried to wipe the sweat off her foot and onto the floor, but it was already too late; she was shrinking again, and soon had lost almost half her remaining height. “Th-this is insane! Why did you do this to me, Kara?” She turned to her friend, ready to demand answers, but fell silent when she noticed a strange look in Kara's eyes—a look of intense obsession the likes of which she had never seen before. “...Kara?”

The kryptonian took a step forward, now standing just above Barbara, making the merely human girl crane her neck back to look at her. She noticed also the smell of Kara's feet, which seemed to have gotten even stronger than before, hanging so thick in the air that it made her cough and keep coughing until she was gagging on the floor, supporting herself on hands and knees. It stank so bad! And when she looked at Kara's feet, she saw them almost dripping with sweat and shivered in terror.

“Wow,” Kara said. “You're even cuter at this size than you were before, Babs. But you know what? I think you'd look cuter if you shrank even smaller. Let me just give you a bit more of my sweat...”

Barbara tried to scramble away as soon as she saw Kara's foot coming, but she was still coughing and gagging so hard she could barely crawl. Soon Kara's big, sweaty foot was at her back, pressing her against the floor and leaving her slathered in sweat. Babs fought hard to free herself, all the while feeling that monstrous foot growing ever larger at her back, but it was only when Kara decided to let her go that she could get away and try to dry the sweat covering her. By the end she no taller than Kara's ankles, as she saw in horror when the kryptonian's foot came down beside her. Kara herself was even bigger—over a hundred feet tall from her perspective. Just looking at her made Barbara shudder.

“Aww, that's so adorable! You're just like a tiny little mouse. I could put you in a little cage and keep you as a pet. Would you like that, Babs? I promise I'd be a good owner,” Kara said, stroking Barbara's back.

“Kara, please. This isn't the real you. The red kryptonite... it must have had some effect on your mind. You need to get ahold of yourself, before you shrink me down to nothing.”

“Nonsense! I'm just having a bit of fun! That's what we came here for, isn't it? To have fun together? Now, why don't we play a little game? You run away to my room and I'll chase after you. If you can get inside your bag before I catch you, you win and you can stay that size. But if you lose, I'll give you more of my sweat to make you even cuter. Since I'm so nice, I'll even given you a ten second head start. Ten... Nine... Eight...”

Barbara ran under the table towards the hall other side of the room. She had just barely made it to the hallway when Kara finished counting down. Then when Barbara looked over her shoulder and saw the hundred-foot kryptonian chasing after her like something right out of a giant monster movie, she pushed herself to her very limit and sprinted as fast as she could go.

Even that wasn't enough to make up for how quickly Kara gained on her just by walking. Within five seconds her giant sweaty feet slapping away at the floor right behind Babs, close enough she could feel the impact of each step.

Kara could have stomped on her at any time after that, but she was content to let the tiny girl run her heart out—Babs was so adorable running away like she had any chance of winning this little game. It would be a shame to break her hopes already, but she did want to make the game interesting, so she pretended like she was trying to stop on Barbara by holding her foot over the tiny girl and teasingly wiggling her toes, bringing it down only once Babs had walked out from under it.

Sometimes while she was playing with Babs like this, a drop of Kara's sweat would fall off her looming sole and splash on the floor, occasionally spraying a bit on her and making her shrink little by little. When she finally reached Kara's bedroom, she was barely any taller than Kara's toes. At that point Kara decided she should end the game and stomped her foot down right in front of Babs. The tiny girl ran right into her foot before she could stop herself and bounced back with some sweat covering her. When she sat back up, she was down to a quarter inch tall, looking up at the row of house-sized toes in front of her, all of them wiggling playfully and sending little tremors over the floor.

“Man, you're so tiny now! Like a cute little bug. I bet most people wouldn't even look at you twice before stepping on you. It's a good thing I have super vision so I can recognize you no matter how small you get.”

Barbara gaped in awe and terror at her massive friend. Kara looked as tall as a skyscraper to her—she honestly struggled to make sense of how big her friend was—and yet, Kara was still talking about possibly making her even smaller? Just how small would Barbara get!?

The tiny girl screamed and curled up into a ball when Kara's foot suddenly moved closer, only for it to stop so that she was between two of Kara's toes. Then she gagged as she was once more assaulted by the smell, a smell so strong it made her eyes water and threatened to make her pass out. “Kara... please,” she said once she could catch her breath, looking up from between the slowly wiggling toes. “I'm... scared. Don't make me any smaller, I'm begging you.”

“Oh, Babs, your voice sounds so cute at that size!” Kara cooed. “Don't you worry about a thing; there's nothing to be scared of because I'll be around to protect you no matter how small you get. I'll see you with my super vision and hear you with my super hearing and take very good care of you while you keep shrinking away at my feet.” The kryptonian pressed her toes together, gripping Babs with them even as the tiny girl struggled with all her might to escape, and wiggling them to roll her friend up and down between them. “I'll be your whole world from now on; your closest friend.”

Finally released from Kara's toes, Babs screamed as she fell back to the floor. When she landed, she stayed lying with her eyes closed for a bit, too scared to see how small she had shrunk now. She only knew that the air was hot and heavy with humidity, and still stank of Kara's feet; it felt like she was stuck in the worst-smelling sauna in the world.

“I'll be more than a friend, in fact. From now on, you can think of me as your Goddess. Now open your eyes, Babs; let me see what adorable little face you'll make when you see how insignificant I made you.”

Babs trembled with fear as she heard what Kara's voice sounded like now. It was grander than any clap of thunder she had heard in her life, more like the explosion of an atom bomb or the strike of a big meteor. The sheer intensity of its vibrations shook her and the whole world, but even that tremor was put to shame by the earthquakes that followed after. They so startled Babs that she finally opened her eyes to see a pair of mountains striking the ground to either side of her. They were so mind-numbingly huge it took her a while to recognize them as Kara's toes drumming against the floor. And Kara herself? She was bigger than Barbara could even comprehend, a huge celestial body almost like a moon or a planetoid. The tiny girl had never seen anything more frightening and awe-inspiring in her life.

She spent a whole minute just staring at Kara in disbelief before she noticed that something was very, very wrong: she was still shrinking! It had to be because of all the humidity; Kara's sweat wasn't just on her feet; it was in the air and all around her, invading her lungs with every breath she took. There was nothing she could do anymore to stop shrinking now—even if she tried to flee, the distance left for her to escape Kara's toes would be growing faster than she could run. She was completely at Kara's mercy.

“What a cute little speck you are,” Kara cooed. “If you just stayed that size forever and didn't shrink any smaller, I would be very happy. But you can shrink smaller, so I'm going to keep you on my feet and let you shrink away until you can shrink no more. Now get ready, Babs; here comes your new home!”

Kara's foot rose up and floated over Babs, hanging above her like a huge floating continent. The kryptonian's sole filled the sky and huge sweat droplets rained from above. Her sole scrunched, giving rise to great hanging wrinkles that were themselves the size of mountains now, and the spaces between them big enough to swallow cities whole. Then the foot began its descent, deepening the darkness on the floor beneath it, until lat last it came down on Barbara, flattening the tiny girl under an endless ceiling of sweat-covered skin.

Barbara passed out, and when she awoke she found herself floating in the middle of a vast ocean that seemed to stretch out forever. Was she off of Kara's foot now? Had she been transported somewhere else? But if that were so, then why was did she still detect that powerful cheesy smell, she wondered? Then she looked down and realized that this ocean was a mere drop of sweat on Kara's foo; far below the surface she could see the kryptonian's skin, with all its grooves and wrinkles now magnified to unearthly mountains and valleys.

“Finally awake, Babs?”

The voice was barely recognizable to Barbara's ears now, but a look upwards confirmed it was indeed Kara's as she saw her friend's face looming in the sky. Though she couldn't begin to guess how microscopic she was now, she sensed that Kara's pupils, each seeming like a sun or a moon, were fixed on her, almost as if claiming her for their own.

“It looks like this is the smallest you can get,” Kara said. “It's too bad; I wanted to see you shrinking smaller and smaller forever. But I guess this size is small enough. Anyway, I already took a sample of my sweat and I'll send it to Karen tomorrow so she can analyze it. Now all that's left is for us to enjoy the sleepover. Let me just give you a more comfortable seat than my ocean of sweat.” As finger the size of a planet reached down for Babs, the sight made her go out of her mind in panic and she tried to swim away from it, however impossible it was for her, as she feared it would end up crushing her. Instead, with perfect precision, Kara scooped Babs up with her fingernail and took her out of the drop of sweat.

Barbara was then dumped in the middle of Kara's big toenail, where there was nothing but the dry land of her fingernail for endless miles around—not a bit of sweat in sight. “There, that's perfect! Sit tight down there, Babs; I'll go fetch those snacks I was going to get and then put on a movie we can watch together. You may be smaller than a germ now, but there's no reason we can't still have fun together until they find a way to grow you back!” And so she went off, with Babs held safely to her toenail by the huge toe's gravitational pull, wondering how long she would have to live like a germ on her godly friend's toenail.