- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A DC Super Hero Girls story. After finding a strange Device, Jimmy Olsen begins to shrink. He calls Lois Lane for help, but by the time she arrives he's already bug sized and still shrinking.
RATING: PG
TAGS: Micro, Nano, Slow size change, F/m, Feet, Footwear, Entrapment, Unaware
Commissioned by rayner3 on DA
Jimmy Olsen had sounded strange over the phone. Quiet, almost like he was whispering, and yet his voice was harsh, like he was yelling. Was he yelling from across the room?

“Jimmy? What is it? I'm busy working on an article for tomorrow's paper. If you've got something to say then make it quick,” Lois Lane answered the phone impatiently.

“Lois, I... I really need you to come over to my house. Please, it's an emergency!”

“What kind of emergency, exactly?”

“I don't want to say... but I promise you, it's something newsworthy! Please, come over as quick as you can! I don't know how much longer I'll be around!”

“Alright, alright! Hold your horses, kid! I'm coming, but if it turns out to be nothing, you are working overtime to make up for it.” Lois hung up and, putting her laptop away, hurried out of the Daily Planetoid office and took a cab to Jimmy's place. She had been there once before, so when she got no answer after knocking and ringing the bell, nor after calling his phone, she quickly found the extra key hidden among the potted plants and invited herself inside.

“Hey, Jimmy! You in here? What was that call about?” she shouted into the house once she'd shut the door behind her. She walked around inside, looking for Jimmy, but though she could see that someone had been here very recently, Jimmy himself was nowhere to be found. She looked for him all over the house, growing increasingly angry at him for wasting her time like this. Eventually she decided to try calling him again, and after a second she heard a buzzing noise coming from the living room. There she followed the noise until she found a phone lying on the floor front of the couch. She was about to pick it up when something else caught her eye: a small, black-and-yellow object sitting nearby, just under the coffee table.

Growing curious, Lois grabbed the odd device and sat down to inspect it, slipping off her tight flats in the meantime, happy that she was alone so she didn't have to worry about anyone noticing the smell of her feet. She sighed and kicked out her legs, leaving her soles hanging over the phone, and happily splayed her toes and scrunched her soles, never suspecting what a spectacle she was giving to her young photographer friend.

Though Lois rightly guessed the device belonged to Bumblebee, what she didn't know was that it was the part of the young heroine's body armor which allowed her to shrink and grow back to normal. It had fallen off during her latest battle, and Jimmy had found it and brought it home thinking it was just some weird toy or something. When he had tried pressing one of the buttons, however, the device malfunctioned and shrank him down to the size of a mouse. He had tried growing himself back with it, but after that malfunction it had completely stopped working. To make matters worse, he soon realized that he was still slowly shrinking. That was when he had called Lois for help.

Since then he had kept shrinking away, and by the time Lois arrived he stood just a few millimeters tall, far too small to use his phone anymore, though he had tried answering it both times she called him. Now he stood on his phone, no bigger than most ants, and cowered in the shadow of Lois's huge bare feet, covering his nose to keep out the awful smell.

Jimmy was terrified of those monstrous feet, which to him seemed the size of skyscrapers. They way they rocked back and forth made it seem to the puny boy as if they might fall over at any moment, and then he'd be crushed under countless tons of flesh, reduced to a tiny smear on Lois's sole, so small she would probably never notice it. He was so terrified he couldn't even stand from how badly his legs were shaking—all he could do was sit and stare at those giant feet, praying for them to move away and for Lois to notice him before she ended his life.

Lois spent a few minutes examining the strange device, trying to see if she could find any markings on it that might give her a clue as to its purpose, even trying fruitlessly to pry it open, but in the end she knew no more about it than she did at the start. Frustrated, she looked then at the phone below. She set the device aside and picked up the phone, and as she grabbed it she noticed something fall from its screen onto the floor. A bug, it looked like—a really tiny one, about the size of an ant, waving its antennae in her direction. Repulsed and disgusted, Lois raised her foot over that “insect” and brought it down in a powerful STOMP!

Jimmy had no time to react. One moment Lois's sole had appeared right over him, blocking out all light—the next it had already fallen on him, and he was flattened under its soft, moist skin.

The pressure underneath was so immense, like nothing Jimmy had ever felt before. It was more than enough to crush any bug, and should have crushed him on the spot, yet he survived it courtesy of Bumblebee's shrinking tech making him more resistant.

More resistant, but not any stronger. Trapped under the soft, sweaty flesh of Lois's sole, Jimmy was completely unable to move, and in fact he couldn't even breathe. Though he struggled with all his might to escape from that gargantuan foot, he was left to slowly suffocate under Lois while she idly drummed her toes on the floor and looked through his phone without any regard for his privacy.

Jimmy's lungs burned for want of air—even air thick with the cheesy smell of Lois's feet would do. His strengths were soon exhausted on his increasingly desperate attempts to escape this fleshy prison, and as he found he could hardly move a muscle anymore, he was filled with stark despair. Surely he would die this time, he thought.

He really might have, too, had Lois not kicked up her feet at that moment, leaving them propped up on the coffee table, with Jimmy stuck to her soles courtesy of her foot sweat. Finally the young man could breathe, and he huffed in as much air as he could, not minding the sharp stench of Lois's foot that filled the air.

While he recovered from his near-suffocation, Lois casually stretched and scrunched her mighty feet, and Jimmy, still powerless to move on his own, went up and down together with the little patch of skin he was stuck to. He was completely at Lois's mercy; an errant wiggle of her toes could make it seem as though the whole world were moving around him, and still she had no clue of what an effect her actions were having on him.

Yet, little by little, Jimmy did get unstuck from Lois's foot. Partly it was because of her sweat gradually evaporating. Partly it was that all the movement of her sole slowly loosened the hold her skin had on him. Mostly, though, it was because he was still shrinking.

All through his time stuck to Lois's foot he could feel her skin expanding around him; by the time he got unstuck, he saw that he had lost nearly half his previous height in those few minutes he had spent beneath her foot. He was barely visible now—more a flea than an ant—and still his shrinking wasn't stopping or slowing down. His situation was dire; soon he might become too small to see and end up lost in his own house at this microscopic size.

As terrified as he was of Lois, he knew he had to get her attention while he was still visible, so once he could move freely again, Jimmy started climbing up her sole, holding on to it for dear life so he wouldn't be thrown off by a random wiggle of Lois's toes. After a minute of climbing, he reached the gap between her toes, where he could finally look out and see the whole of her body stretched out before him.

The moment he laid eyes on her, Jimmy nearly fell into despair. She was so huge now—her whole body was a living landscape, with plains and hills and valleys—it would take him an hour to walk its whole length, and that was if he didn't shrink any smaller. With the rate at which he was shrinking... he might never be able to reach her head.

The thought that a puny little mite like himself could ever get the attention of a... a goddess like Lois... it didn't seem possible. He wasn't sure he could even get a mouse to notice him at this size, let alone a human being. He nearly gave up, feeling this task was surely an impossible one, but as he noticed this already monstrous world growing still bigger around him, he started desperately waving and shouting at Lois. When that didn't work, he threw himself at ever more frantic efforts, from scratching at her, to jumping up and down, to hitting her skin with all his might, anything he could think of to put an end to this nightmare. But for Lois, all his efforts amounted to was a barely-perceptible itching at her toes, and she dealt with it simply by pressing and rubbing them together.

Caught between the two titanic digits, Jimmy was kneaded into their flesh as they wiggled around him, rolling him back and forth and smearing Lois's toe jam all over him. By the time they stopped he was totally caked in that disgusting stuff, and though he wiped it all off and went back to getting Lois's attention, it was already too late; he was so small now that even that slight itching he could cause her a minute ago was an impossible feat for him. Still, he kept shouting and jumping about fruitlessly, refusing to accept that his fate was already sealed.

Meanwhile, Lois finished inspecting his phone after finding nothing newsworthy or otherwise interesting on it, and definitely not anything that could shed a light on Jimmy's location. Disappointing, but at least this visit hadn't been a total waste of time. After all, she did have a new story for tomorrow's paper: “Gone Missing! Photographer and Metropolis High Student Disappears Without a Trace!” A big scoop like that would definitely move some issues! But first she had to go type it up, and quickly, or someone else might find out about this and beat her to the punch. She pulled her feet off the table, put her shoes back on, and left the house, leaving Jimmy's phone but taking that strange device—maybe she could ask Bumblebee about it the next time she happened to see the young heroine.

As for Jimmy, without meaning to he had hitched a ride with Lois's foot and was now inside her flat, right under the arch of her toes. It was pure chaos in there, as with every step Lois took he was bounced between her toes and her insole, like a minuscule pebble. He tried desperately to hold on to any surface at all he could get his hands on so he would stop being thrown around, but every time he tried the violent movement of Lois's feet flung him off. Even when she was standing still, whether waiting for a cab or sitting inside it once she it arrived, she still tapped her foot impatiently, and so he kept bouncing around.

He finally stopped bouncing when he ended up wedged between her big toe and insole, but that wasn't any better for him. Now every time Lois tapped her foot or took a step, he was flattened under the crushing force of the impact and all the air driven from his lungs.

Just as bad as all that was the heat, humidity, and even stench, which stronger the more time he spent in her flat. Together they sapped his energy until he could barely even think. He tried in desperation to crawl away but he had no hopes of success, so he did the only thing he could and prayed for Lois to stop stepping on him—prayed to her, for she was practically a Goddess to him now, and in his puny, weakened mind he hoped and imagined she might be able to hear him if he only prayed loudly enough.

Once Lois was finally back at the office, sitting at her desk and typing up this breaking news story for tomorrow's paper, Jimmy could finally crawl out from under her foot to stand between her toes. Why all of a sudden could he manage it, even though he was weaker than before? The thought popped up in his thoughts, but he pushed it away, intuiting that he wouldn't like the answer.

And his intuition was right, for the only reason why he could free himself now was that he had shrunk so small that he could squeeze through the tiny imperfections on Lois's skin. He knew, of course, that he had been shrinking this whole time, but in this total darkness he had no way of knowing exactly how small he was. But that was all for the best as far as he was concerned. He hoped—he needed—to never find out, preferring to believe that, whatever size he was now, he was still big enough that he might get Lois's attention.

He stood in front of the gargantuan mass of Lois's toe to press his hands against that sweat-covered surface and began squeezing and rubbing it in the hopes that somehow Lois would feel it, and then she would find and save him. He kept at it for a long, long time, with his only company aside from Lois's foot being the incessant clacking of the keyboard far above as she typed up the story of his mysterious disappearance—a mystery whose solution remained so close and yet so far.

He kept stroking her skin for a while, until in his addled mind the action was transformed into a sort of religious ritual for begging the mighty Goddess, Lois Lane, to come to his aid. Futile as it was, still it helped set his mind at ease for now.

Eventually, though, Lois gave a sharp tap of her foot again, flinging Jimmy up into the skin between her toes, where he ended up stuck to a wad of toe jam and sweat, almost like a huge ball of smelly mud. He tried to crawl out of it, but just as he began, Lois curled her toes, and the vast sweaty walls to either side of the germ-sized young man squeezed together, trapping him in the tiniest of wrinkles on her skin. Then a little wiggle of her toes smeared the toe jam he was on over her skin, and him along with it, once more leaving him hopelessly stuck there. He could do nothing but bear with his situation while she dominated him with the most minor movements of her mighty toes.

The overpowering sense of helplessness went beyond anything he had ever felt before. Why was this happening to him? What had he ever done to deserve it? He couldn't believe the world was so unfair, so uncaring, that it could reduce him to this pathetic, miserable state for no reason. He must have done something to anger this Goddess, Lois—that was the only explanation. Was it the time he had been late with his pictures? Or the time he had gotten an address mixed up and made Lois miss her chance at a big interview? It could also be some other failure he couldn't remember, or all his failures at once. Whatever the case, all he could do was beg for Lois's forgiveness, while she, completely oblivious to his plight, still wiggled her toes together, smearing him with tons and tons of toe jam.

Finally satisfied with her work, Lois sent the story she had written up to the layout editor so they could put it all together with the rest of the paper and be ready for tomorrow morning. Then, checking the time on the bottom corner of the screen, she decided it was time to call it a day. She grabbed her things, left the office, and walked back home.

As soon as she laid eyes on her house, all of her hard work caught up to her and she felt exhausted. She sighed as she shut the door behind her and tramped up to her room, where she kicked off her shoes and flopped down on her mattress, reveling in the welcoming softness.

Meanwhile, between her toes, Jimmy slowly began to stir. He had passed out during the walk to Lois's home, and now that he regained his senses, he saw the afternoon's events as no more than a strange and terrible dream, one which he quickly pushed out of his head as he wanted nothing more than to forget all about it. And so it was with great bewilderment that he saw the new world that stretched all around him—a light-pink hilly land that rose ever higher before him. And behind him... well, there was no need to look behind him; he was sure he'd just see the same thing if he did. No, this wasn't Lois's foot, it was just some strange alien world that had nothing to do with Lois.

Of course, there was also that awful smell hanging in the air, one that reminded him of the smell of Lois's foot in that dream... but obviously he must have smelled it while he was unconscious and that's how it entered his dream. And if it looked like this strange world was continuously growing around him that was just an illusion. It had always been this size, obviously, and he just misremembered it. In fact, this alien world was probably also a dream! He just had to lie down and go to sleep, and when he woke up he would be back at his own house, at his normal size, and he'd forget about these terrible dreams forever!

He promptly lay down, hoping to put an end to this nightmare once and for all. But he still hadn't fallen asleep when Lois rolled over in bed and pulled her foot closer to have a look at it. Some time ago she had felt some tiny thing between her toes when she was wiggling them together, like an annoying gran of sand, and she had just remembered it now all of a sudden. Now she peered down a the little spot where she had felt it, squinting her eyes to see if she could make anything out.

As she moved her foot, Jimmy felt like a cataclysmic earthquake shook the world itself. Startled, he sat and looked around frantically to try and figure out what was going on, and so he saw a massive eye appear in the sky, staring right at him. Feeling the intensity of that godly stare fixed on him, Jimmy could no longer keep pretending that this was anything other than reality—nothing had ever felt as overwhelmingly real as this did now.

Yes, he had shrunk down, and after all that time spent in Lois's flat, he was now so impossibly small that his puny mind struggled to make sense of the world around him—and still he was shrinking smaller, smaller, smaller, with no end in sight. Already Lois was the size of a planet compared to him; would he keep shrinking until her toes were like planets to him? Until the wrinkles on her skin were big enough to hold planets between them? Until a whole infinite, ever-growing universe could fit in those wrinkles?

Yes, of course; there was no doubt in his mind anymore that's what would happen. Any why shouldn't it? That was his destiny, after all; it's what his Goddess wanted, and who was he to go against her will? He was nothing, that's what; an insignificant speck who would all but disappear on her divine body, living like something less than a germ on her foot for the rest of his life. Why, he should be grateful that she had let him life at all, even at such a pathetic size, and to be in her divine presence. Yes, and he would show his gratitude every moment of his life from now on, worshipping her as the almighty Goddess she had always been though he hadn't realized it until today. And so he threw himself to the ground, rapturously kissing the surface of her sole while offering a prayer of thanks for this new life Lois had given him.

At the same time, Lois blinked and, having failed to find that annoying grain of sand, headed to the kitchen for a quick snack before bed. never suspecting that down on her foot Jimmy Olsen was beginning his new life as her loyal worshipper, nor would she ever learn of him down there, and she would simply live out her life oblivious to his undying devotion expressed deep in the tiniest wrinkle of her skin.