- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A DC Super Hero Girls story. After a heated argument with her fellow green lantern, Jessica learns she has the power to shrink things. No doubt she will use this power responsibly and not use it to get back at Hal. Right?
RATING: PG
TAGS: Micro, Nano, F/m, Feet, Footwear, Wntrapment, Humiliation
Commissioned by rayner3 on DA
The two Green Lanterns of Metropolis High School—Jessica Cruz and Hal Jordan—were always arguing about all sorts of things, and today was no exception. They had already been arguing about animal rights, with the staunch vegan Jessica telling Hal that he should be more considerate towards all living creatures, when they came across a line of ants crawling on the sidewalk. While Jessica carefully stepped over them, making sure not to hurt any, Hal walked right on them without a care in the world.

“Hal!” Jessica exclaimed. “Be careful where you walk! Can't you see you stepped on all those poor ants?”

“Whoops!” Hal said, and he raised his feet to check them for ants. “Thanks for the heads-up, Jess! It's a good thing none of them got on me or I might have been stung!”

“What? That's not why I told you about it! Aren't you even the least bit sorry for killing those poor, innocent ants?”

“Pfft! Who cares about a bunch of ants? I use to kill them for fun when I was a kid. They're just dumb bugs, Jessica.”

“You can't be serious!”

They kept up their discussion as they walked, with Jessica trying to make Hal feel bad about killing those ants while he just brushed it off like it was nothing, making her more and more upset with him as time went on. Eventually they came across another line of ants, and while Jessica made it a point to walk over them, Hal purposely stepped right in the middle of it and even ground down those ants he'd stepped on so there could be no doubt they were all dead, then shot Jessica the most infuriating grin she had ever seen on his face.

“You killed those ants just to make me mad? Ugh! I can't believe you, Hal! I wish I could show you what it feels like to be so small everyone thinks your life is worthless! Maybe then you'd have some empathy for them!”

Hal opened his mouth, no doubt to complain about her making such a big deal out of it, but before he could make a sound, Jessica's Green Lantern ring flashed and a beam shot out of it to envelop Hal in a green light. Both students were shocked as Hal started shrinking. In a matter of seconds he went from being taller than Jessica, to being the same height as her, to not even reaching her hips, to standing as small as an ant at her feet and staring up at Jessica towering over him like a huge skyscraper.

For a while they were both too stunned to speak. Soon, however, Jessica smiled at the tiny Hal before her, putting her hands on her knees while she leaned over to look at him. “Well well well, what do we have here? Looks like a little ant went and wandered right in my path. I wonder what I should do with it?” she said, and, making a big show of thinking about it, started tapping her foot right next to Hal.

To Hal, each tap of her giant foot felt like a building had fallen over. It shook the ground, and him along with it, and the puff of air it blew at him threatened to blow him away. It was only thanks to his experience dealing with all sorts of villains and disasters that he could bear through all that without falling into terror

“Alright, alright, I get it, Jessica. I'm sorry I stepped on those ants just to spite you. Please, can you figure out a way to grow me back?”

“That's weird! It looks like this ant is trying to say something. But that's ridiculous! Ants can't speak! Ants are just stupid, worthless bugs that no one in their right mind would ever care about. In fact, didn't Hal say that he used to kill ants for fun? Maybe I should try that; see what I've been missing out on all this time.” Jessica slipped her foot out of her green flat, holding it up over the tiny Hal. Seeing that huge sole, big enough to crush most of the school in a single step, hovering over him, he held up his fist, pointing it right at Jessica's foot, preparing to stop it with his ring. But when he tried to call on the powers of the ring, the energy simply... fizzled out. He tried it over and over again, but each time he got the same results.

“What the heck is going on?” he wondered, looking his ring over. Had it run out of energy? But it should have had enough to last him at least another month! This was so strange. Was it because of the shrinking? Either way, it looked like he wouldn't be able to use it anymore. But without the ring, how was he going to deal with...

“Uh-oh.” Looking up, Hal saw that giant foot still hovering over him, its toes wiggling teasingly, while far above that Jessica looked back at him with a predatory gleam in her eyes. “Uh... Can we maybe take a second to talk things over, Jess?”

He gave her the most winning smile he could manage, but after seeing it, Jessica only widened her grin and started to lower her foot. Hal had no choice left but to run away, trying with all his might not to get crushed under Jessica's foot. But even with all his athleticism, at his size he was so small that Jessica didn't even need to chase after him. She simply placed her heel down behind him and slowly let the rest of her foot follow it down. In just a second, her giant sole fell on top of Hal, flattening him to the concrete sidewalk, while he fought to push her foot off of him.

“Oh, what's that? It looks like the little ant is still alive under my foot. I can even feel it squirming down there. It actually feels kinda nice! He he! No wonder Hal had so much fun killing ants as a kid! Go on, squirm for me harder, you pathetic bug!” Jessica said, putting a bit more pressure on the shrunken hero.

The pressure scared Hal, making him wonder if Jessica was really going to crush him underfoot. He had thought she was just playing around with him, but he had never seen her like this before—who knew what she might do with how angry she was at him? He stepped up his efforts to escape her foot—pushing against it with all his might, clawing at her skin to try and crawl out, even trying to use his ring again—but it was all for nothing. Her foot was so heavy he could barely move, and the more pressure she put on him, the harder it was for him to move even a single finger. Soon he was hopelessly flattened under her bronze skin.

“Oh, that's too bad! It looks like the little ant is all out of energy. Well, if it can't entertain me anymore, then only one thing left to do. Hope you've learned your lesson, little bug!”

At first Hal was immensely relieved to feel Jessica's foot lift off of him. He thought that meant she was done playing with him and would help him get back to normal again. But shortly after her foot went up, it came down again with all the force she could muster, more than enough to crush a bug like Hal. Of course, she didn't really mean to crush him, so she used her ring to give him a little protection, but even with that protection her stomp was unlike anything he had ever felt before. Instantly his lungs were squeezed empty, and it felt like his stomach might be next if she put any more pressure on him. His mind went all fuzzy from the sheer force of the blow, and when it recovered a bit afterwards he felt as though his bones were all on the verge of snapping.

And even then Jessica didn't let up on him. She pressed him firmly against the ground and even twisted her foot over him, grinding him down like he had done to those ants just before, feeling an intense jolt of satisfaction with each little twist. She kept it up for a whole minute, then moved her foot aside to check in on him. When she did, though, she was confused to see that he wasn't on the ground anymore. Instantly she grew worried that she had really crushed him underfoot, and she checked her sole to see if he was okay.

She was so glad when she found him completely intact on her sole, and grew amused when she noticed he was stuck to it and completely incapable of getting off by himself. Delighted, she scrunched her foot, admiring how his body moved up and down together with the wrinkles of her sole. Over and over again she did it, entertaining herself with his suffering.

At first she had meant to try growing Hal back to normal once she had given him a good scare, but now that she looked at him, she thought it would be a huge waste to grow him back so soon. She was having so much fun messing with him, and he hadn't really come to any harm. Surely it would be fine if she left him at this size a bit longer and kept playing with him, right? In fact, it would even be a good thing! The more she played with him, the more empathy he would have for beings smaller than himself. When you thought about it, it was actually a very good deed that she was doing!

So Jessica told herself as she slipped her foot back in her flat, with Hal still stuck to her sole. The feeling of his tiny little body trapped under her foot was amazingly thrilling, and she savored it anew with each step she took that pressed him ever more firmly against her sole.

Hal was left to suffer under her foot, being stepped on over and over again as the inside of her flat grew warmer, sweatier, and worst of all, smellier. And since he couldn't move in that cramped little space, he had no choice but to bear through it all and hope that she would let him out soon.

Fortunately for him he would only be stuck in there for another half hour; that was how long it took Jessica to arrive home, where she immediately went up to her room, eager to play with Hal some more.

Sitting on her bed, she kicked off her shoes and moved her foot closer to get a good look at Hal. After all that time spent betting stepped on, he was more hopelessly stuck to her sole than ever before. Even after regaining his strengths, he could only struggle fruitlessly against that inescapable skin while Jessica laughed at him and mocked his weakness. “What a pathetic insect you are now, Hal! Do you still think you're any better than those ants you crushed earlier? With how small you are, I think they might even be stronger than you now!”

Jessica wiggled her toes and watched how he moved together with her sole, his minuscule body either bending or stretching together with the patch of skin. He might as well have been just a little sticker she had stepped on for all he could do to resist her. Then she scrunched her foot powerfully and laughed as he was engulfed between the folds of her skin. “Look at you now! I can defeat you just by scrunching my foot! Weren't you supposed to be a brave and mighty hero? Ha! What kind of hero can be defeated by wiggling by someone wiggling their toes?

“And you know, this is just what you deserve for what you did before. You said that bugs can be killed without remorse, and then you became a bug yourself! Nothing could be more fitting. But you know what? I think you're still a bit too big. Here, why don't I make you a more appropriate size?”

Hal couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was Jessica really going to try and shrink him smaller? He couldn't know for sure since his face was stuck fast to her sole. She might have been joking for all he knew, but he got the feeling that she was completely serious. Again he renewed his efforts to escape her foot, trying more desperately than ever before, but then he felt that same tingling feeling that had come over him when he had shrunk before. Soon he started shrinking again. His body peeled off of Jessica's sole in the process, and when he had finished shrinking, he picked himself up and looked around, only to find himself a fraction of the size he had been before.

“There we go! That's a much better fit for you, Hal. Ah, if only I had known bout this power earlier, I would have shrunk you down ages ago!” Jessica laughed and scrunched her sole, making Hal cling to her skin so he wouldn't fall off.

“Jessica! Can we please talk about this?” Hearing his squeaky little voice, Jessica leaned in and turned her ear to him so she could make out his worlds. Hal then kept shouting right at her earhole. “Don't you think you're going a little too far with this punishment? I swear I've learned my lesson! I won't ever step on a bug on purpose again! Unless it's like, a cockroach or a spider or something creepy like that.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Is that the best you can promise? I guess I shouldn't have expected any better from you. If that's all you have to say for yourself then there's no reason for me to ever grow you back. You'll spend the rest of your life as a bug at my feet, Hal, and consider yourself lucky I don't just choose to crush you.”

Already Hal was objecting to her, but Jessica wasn't listening to him anymore. As she straightened back up, she pressed her soles together, trapping the tiny hero between them. “You know, Hal? You're so tiny now that I can barely even feel you down there. I wonder, are you even trying to escape my feet? Or are you so weak that you can't even move right now?” she mused aloud, slowly rubbing her soles against each other. “So pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself for losing to me like this. And be thankful I'm not a villain, or else I'd be doing way worse than toying with you using my feet. With how puny you are, you'd never be able to resist whatever I chose to do with you, and I could really do just about anything I wanted,” she laughed. “Do you understand how helpless you are, I wonder? You've never been that bright, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. Maybe I need to give you a demonstration.”

When Jessica moved her feet apart again, Hal was once more stuck to her sole, very close to her toes. She pressed a finger against her foot next to him, and the impact alone almost knocked him off. He had to scramble to grab on to some wrinkle of her sole so he wouldn't fall to the surface of her bed far below, and once he was holding on firmly, he looked first to the gigantic fingertip next to him, easily big enough to crush an entire house, and then to Jessica's face overhead.

What he saw in her made Hal shiver. There was a look to her eyes that said she was beyond reason, consumed with a potent desire to humiliate him further and further. Very few things had made him truly scared ever since he became a Green Lantern, and this was one of them. The way Jessica was acting, he had no idea how far she would go.

Then he looked further down to Jessica's other fingers, following a faint green light that had started to emanate from her ring. From that moment he already knew what was coming, and he jumped off Jessica's sole, desperate to get way from her, but as he was falling a tiny green cage suddenly materialized around him. He strained to break the bars, but they were tougher than steel and they wouldn't even bend.

“Where do you think you're going, insect?” Jessica said, moving his cage to leave him floating in the space between her soles, where it felt to him as though he were halfway down a huge canyon—if canyon walls could scrunch up and stretch out playfully or threaten to smother him forever. And looking up, past the canyon walls that were Jessica's vast soles, he saw her face staring back at him with a mad intensity.

“You see? You can't even get away anymore. I can do anything I want with you. For instance, all I have to do is will for you to get smaller and... well, you can see for yourself!” A beam of light think s a human hair shot out of her ring to envelop Hal and his cage with that same energy as before, and once again it shrank him to a fraction of his old size. “Look at you! I almost can't even see you! You're nothing but a speck of dust now, Hal!” she said, wiggling her toes in excitement while Hal stared back in fear and awe.

At his new size, Jessica's feet stood as tall as mountains, even bigger than Jessica had been the first time he shrank. The specks of dust floating placidly now seemed like giant boulders whizzing violently through the air. And as for Jessica herself? She was bigger than he could even begin to comprehend. Just looking at her made him scared, but at the same time he couldn't look away.

All of a sudden Hal's cage disappeared, and after a brief fall he was picked up by the wind and sent whizzing around together with all those other specks of dust floating in the air. And as he was floating between her feet, Jessica pressed her soles together, catching him and smothering him under countless tons of flesh.

When she moved her feet apart a moment later, she looked very closely at her soles, searching for Hal wherever he might be on them, until at last she found him almost right in the middle of her left foot, trapped in a tiny wrinkle of her skin and trying his best to get out. She could' help but laugh at him then, once more scrunching her sole and wiggling her toes to admire his plight.

When she stopped moving her foot, Hal was the most pathetic sight she had ever seen. Sore and exhausted, covered in foot sweat and toe jam, he was thoroughly beaten and was ready to promise Jessica whatever she wanted if only she would stop torturing him like this—he would even become a vegan if it would get her to grow him back.

But Jessica was far past caring about what such a puny little speck did or said. There was only one thing she wanted now, and that was to see him shrink one last time, until he was so small that he became invisible to her. And so she pointed her ring at him, a ring which to him seemed to glow like a bright green sun in the sky.

Hal was too worn out to even move now. The beam hit him dead center where he lay on Jessica's sole, and he was left to watch in abject horror as her sole, already a landscape to him, grew to become his entire world.

The grooves and wrinkles of Jessica's sole became giant mountains and valleys, as big as any seen on Earth, her sweat pores became lakes, and her toes became moons that appeared on the horizon when she curled them tight. And when she scrunched her sole, the whole world shook and transformed, leaving him scrambling to hold on to something. But he really wasn't in any risk of falling off now—he was so pathetically small that the gravitational pull of Jessica's body ensured he would never be able to fall off, unless perhaps he was swept away. But deep as he was in the tiniest wrinkles of her sole, that wasn't going to happen. It was almost impossible for anything at all to reach him down there.

“Perfect,” Jessica said, looking at the little spot on her sole into which Hal had disappeared, her voice booming over him as it swept all over the world of her foot. “What's it like down there? Do you like it? If not, I'm sure you'll learn to love it. After all, you're going to be spending a lot of time down there, my tiny, pathetic friend. You see, I've decided that a few months living like a germ on my foot should be enough for you to learn your lesson once and for all. What do you think now? Was killing those ants worth it? Don't bother answering now; I couldn't possibly hear you even if I tried. Still, you'd better have an answer ready by the time I grow you back. See in in couple months, Hal... if I still remember you exist, that is.”

With that Jessica jumped out of bed, putting the shrunken hero out of her mind once and for all while she went to the kitchen for a veggie sandwich, leaving him to come to terms with his new life as speck on the world of Jessica's sole.