- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Synopsis: Tsuzuri Yugiri finds an entire shrunken city outside and isn't sure what she should do with it... Can its inhabitants survive her absentmindedness?

*This takes place in the recently released mobile app: "Link! Like! Love Live!" starring virtual school idols.

Tags: Destruction, giantess

Characters: (Hasunoroa) Tsuzuri Yugiri

It was a normal day for second year high school girl Tsuzuri Yuguri.

Her homeroom teacher, seeming rather tired that particular morning, gave her a brain teaser to solve while the other students had an independent study period. It wasn't the first time this happened, for some reason Tsuzuri was often asked to do tasks that were different than other students in her class. She didn't really understand why, but she didn't question it either. The brain teasers were fun and passed the time quickly.

She wondered if it had something to do with what was brought up in her many parent-teacher conferences. She was 'a little slower' than the rest of the class. Always behind in projects or turning in incomplete homework. When she applied herself, she could succeed, but Tsuzuri often got distracted, daydreamed, went off into her own little world. She couldn't concentrate on one thing for too long, but when she did, it was always to an obsessive degree.

Luckily, she had her friends to rely on. Becoming a school idol was the best thing that had happened to her, and she truly wanted to give it her all, but she couldn't help but feel that sometimes, her own tempo slowed everyone else's down.

This particular fine day, Tsuzuri was in the Hasunosora school courtyard. It was a lovely spring day, and the accessorized girl was staring at some ants crawling across her path. She loved staring at ants. Their rigid, hypnotic movements made her feel at peace. The ants were heading towards a little anthill made nearby. Tsuzuri glanced nearby and saw a glowing object in the grass, the sun's rays caused its reflection to shine in her eyes.

"...?"

Tsuzuri scooted over towards the mysterious shining object. It looked like... a petri dish, with a lid over it, and something was inside. Actually it was a lot of somethings. Many tiny, minuscule blocks were placed all around it. Surrounding the blocks were what looked like mold, or patches of land.

The silver-haired girl squinted at the dish to get a better look inside. It looked like... a city? A tiny city!

Her eyes lit up. Was this normal? Tsuzuri genuinely wondered if something like this was out of the ordinary, and pondered that train of thought for a few minutes, staring off into space.

--

Down in the petri dish, panic was setting in. This was the fourth day this city had been shrunk and placed in this dish. Nobody knew how it happened or why, but after a bright flash, everything in the city and its surrounding area had ended up in this glass prison.

Food and clean water were running low, and people were going crazy trying to find a way to end this torture. The power had been cut off to everything, leaving everyone unable to connect to the outside world. Their radio signals reached no one. And almost worst of all, giant, monstrous ants could be seen crawling around outside their encasing.

So it was to everyone's great surprise and relief when the figure of a giant high school girl appeared over them. Crowds of people cheered and people cried tears of joy.

"We're saved!"

"Miss! We're down here!"

"Help us!"

"Thank god!"

"It's all gonna be over soon!"

However, their tiny voices reached nowhere near the giantess' ears. After a few minutes of being stared at without a word, the people wondered if this girl was actually going to help them or not.

The way this mysterious giant girl had been crouching, she had unintentionally been giving the ants nearby and the tiny city of people a clear view up her skirt. Her black pantyhose covered her long legs. Even for the average sized Japanese person, she was incredibly tall. Her white panties underneath were nearly being eaten up by her plump thighs. Her shiny black school shoes were perfectly pristine, not a speck of dirt anywhere on them.

The crowd's cheers slowly died down as everyone waited with anticipation at what this girl would do with them.

The bell had rung, and lunch break was over. Tsuzuri had to get back to class now. Yet again she had forgotten to eat. The oblivious girl looked at the school, and the other girls heading inside, and then back to the petri dish. It almost felt like it was calling out to her. An oddity it was to be sure. The stone-faced girl wondered what to do with such a rare find.


Down in the city, the people were greeted with the booming voice of their new savior and goddess.

"I guess... I should take it with me..."

--


Everyone had quickly left the school's courtyard, and as usual, Tsuzuri was left behind. The tall high school girl outstretched her long arm towards the tiny city. Its inhabitants cries were a mix of rejoicing over their apparent savior and fear over what she could do to them.

Tsuzuri picked up the small dish. Bringing it closer to her eyes, she began making out smaller details. The city looked to be in relatively fine condition. But no lights were on in any of the buildings, and there were hundreds or potentially thousands of imperceptibly small dots running around the streets. Were they people? Did the miniature city have actual, living people it it? Tsuzuri wasn't sure. She wanted to go to the science lab immediately and get a magnifying glass, but knew she couldn't skip class.

Speaking of which, she was already late.

Having their whole city and surrounding area held up by a single girl's black leather glove almost seemed like a biblical tale, thought the tiny residents. Their sky was filled with the somewhat distant, blank stare of said girl. Her unwavering eyes didn't seem to host any malice, they seemed more... indifferent.

Tsuzuri took one last look at the petri dish and dumped it in her skirt's pocket.


The people inside had their entire world flip upside down for a moment. Earthquakes caused by this girl girl made unsteady buildings collapse, pipes burst, and dangerous equipment go off. Luckily Tsuzuri's movements and stride were quite steady, causing minimal damage overall. The citizens mourned the dozens of needless deaths, but still held out hope this girl was taking them to safety.

The inside of the girl's skirt pocket had little light, causing a near blackout for the city. People had to rely on candles and what little electronics still had batteries left for light. The city was slightly tilted about 20 degrees inside the cloth encasement, which made some navigation even more of an uphill battle.


Tsuzuri entered the class, not even attempting to sneak in while the teacher's back was turned.

"Yugiri-san, you're late again." the teacher announced, causing all of her classmates' heads to turn towards her.

"Yes. I was... outside..." the tardy girl said quietly, glancing down at her pocket.

"Be that as it may, you have an obligation to return to class when the bell rings."

"There was this thing... outside... It was interesting... Do you want to see it?" Tsuzuri asked with a genuine inflection.

She was serious too, there wasn't a hint of sarcasm in her voice or usual blank expression.

The teacher seemed almost offended at the offer. "N-no, I don't need to see it. If you think it's that important I recommend you head to the teacher's office after class to discuss it further. Now, we've already wasted enough time here. Get to your seat so we may resume class."

Tsuzuri complied and sat down at her desk. Other girls giggled at this interaction, whispering murmurs about how weird their classmate was.

"She was probably staring at bugs again."

*sigh* "Another waste of time thanks to the freak."

"Don't let her look at you, she'll put a curse on you!"

These were the usual comments she heard about her, but Tsuzuri never let them get her down. She returned her limited focus to her teacher's lecture. Minutes passed, and Tsuzuri's notebook filled with meticulously crafted notes. Twenty minutes later, halfway through the period, the tall girl remembered her special find buried in her skirt's pocket. She reached her hand inside and pulled out the petri dish. Placing it on her desk in front of her, she cleverly used a textbook to cover it from the prying eyes of her peers and teacher. The silver-haired goddess absentmindedly spent the rest of the class period staring at the mesmerizing little dots running around inside.


"She's back! She's staring at us!"

"Goddess! Queen! Save us from this purgatory!"

"Take us to a hospital! The government!"

"Why is she just staring at us without doing anything!?"

The people's questions filled the air, and the bustling movement came to a halt as they all awaited their giantess' next move.


Tsuzuri noticed this lack of movement and became curious. The little dots weren't walking around anymore, and their cars weren't going anywhere. She had a feeling everyone inside was looking at her, but it was impossible to tell.


"Is she stupid?"

"Hey lady you gonna help us or what!?"

"Come on you stupid broad don't just stare at us like we're insects!"

The mood of the speck-sized society shifted negatively. Panic once again set in, and no one knew what to expect. Many had now fully given up hope of ever getting help.


For the rest of class, Tsuzuri stared into the dish. She had always taken a special interest in tiny things, she liked seeing the details no one else cared to. People often made fun of her height, but she found herself more often than not close to the ground, observing the things below everyone's feet that they didn't care to.

Finally, the bell rang, and class was dismissed. The teacher and other students left the room, leaving only Tsuzuri behind. Today, she had school idol practice with her newfound friends, but she wanted to go to the science lab first. Being a school idol was still a relatively new thing for her, and she wasn't sure if she could actually succeed with it. For now it would have to wait.

Placing the petri dish back into her pocket, much to the chagrin of its inhabitants, the high school girl made her way to the science lab. Her walking was a little less precise this time, leading to the dish bouncing against the girl's thigh repeatedly.

Dozens of more needless deaths occurred as the citizens finally decided to build shelters from these frequent quakes.

--


Tsuzuri arrived in the school's lab and placed the petri dish on a large black desk made for conducting experiments. The people of the palm-sized civilization were thankful their entire city wasn't sat at an angle anymore.

The giantess rummaged through a few drawers around the room, searching for something in particular. Finally she pulled out what she was looking for, a magnifying glass!

"Now... I can see what all those little black dots are..."

Tsuzuri walked towards the petri dish, holding the magnifying glass up to her eye with her black-gloved hand. She popped the lid of the dish off and placed it to the side. This allowed the first wave of fresh air in days to flow into the city. At their size, it basically altered their entire atmosphere, and the climate quickly changed from a muggy 75°F (24°C) to the clear and chilly 67°F (19°C) of the school's air-conditioned lab.

The giant high schooler sat down at a chair and scooted towards the lab table. She peered through the looking glass onto her new treasure. What she saw surprised her, though she didn't show it on her face.

An entire city, with homes, windmills, apartments, movie theaters, restaurants, skyscrapers, and parks, not to mention the surrounding area of the city, all contained within a plastic dish not even four inches in diameter. Tsuzuri focused on the little moving specks. Just as she suspected, they looked like people! People she'd see every day, not aliens or anything, normal humans, just extremely tiny!


A smile appeared on the girl's face.

"Hello little ones."

She could see the thousands of people react to her words, many stopping what they were doing and staring up at her. A lot of people covered their ears, seemingly hurt or surprised by her words.

"Am I... too loud?"

Never in her life had she considered herself 'too loud'. In fact, she was always told the exact opposite.

The many people littering the streets gave her a responsive head nod or thumbs up. Some were waving their hands and jumping up and down, seeming to want her attention.

"How did you all get like this? Were you all always this small?" she said in a softer tone.

Some looked to be shouting something at her, were they upset? No matter how close she put her ear, Tsuzuri could only barely make out a faint buzz from the city below, no exact voices.

In her mind, she was ecstatic over this magnificent find. The school idol wondered what to do with this amazing discovery.

"A whole civilization of tiny people..." Leaning back in her chair, Tsuzuri Yugiri felt a sense of power she never had in her life prior. She wondered how to deal with this newfound sense of responsibility...

Chapter End Notes:
I really like Tsuzuri, in case you couldn't tell~ I hope more people download the Link! Like! Love Live! app and support the Hasunosora girls! :)