- Text Size +

50 years after the time of Gulliver…

Leila the Brobdingnagian was on a ship journeying across the Ocean. Her father brought her a cake.

“It’s an amazing coincidence that your eighteenth birthday falls on the summer solstice! I’ve got a present for you.”

Her father handed her a twenty sided object the size of a Brobdingnagian baseball. “What is it?” Leila asked.

“It’s the Icosahedron that controls the dimensional gateways between our reality and the worlds of Earth and Lilliput!”

Leila took the Icosahedron into her hands. “It’s beautiful, father!”

“The people of Earth are one-twelfth our size,” Leila’s father began, “and the people of Lilliput are one-twelfth of their size! To them, we stand as a mighty race of giants! When you get to the colony on the other continent, you will become the apprentice to the scientist who looks after this device. He already took a ship there before us. You will be the first female apprentice!”

After eating some of her cake, she took the Icosahedron and went to the top deck of the ship to look at the Ocean. Three ships in the distance appeared on the horizon. Leila went and notified the deck officer. The other ships were on an interception course, and a group of archers got ready to fire on the other ships if they came close enough.

Leila was ordered back to her chambers, where she saw the Icosahedron begin to light up. It gave off a blue color. 

The other three ships closed in. Leila’s father spoke to the captain: “Maybe we should’ve brought the Icosahedron in a convoy, instead of traveling on one ship!”

One of the enemy vessels got close enough for the men to board the ship Leila was on. The officers were overpowered, and were led off the ship to the other ship. One of the enemy pirates found Leila, and took her to a lifeboat, and lowered her into the water with some food and jugs of water. She still clutched the Icosahedron.

“Why are you doing this?” Leila asked as her small boat was lowered into the water.

“We don’t want the work of warlocks or witches in our territory! That device might be welcome in Lorbrulgrud, but we don’t want it in our colony!”

Leila only had a small amount of food and a jug of water in the boat with her in the lifeboat. The enemy ships departed. Her boat drifted until she was out on the open Ocean. When she was alone, the Icosahedron lit up and a purple haze surrounded her lifeboat. When the colors cleared, she saw land ahead.

“I don’t recall any land masses on the maps I’ve seen of this area!” Leila mumbled to herself.

It was nightfall when she reached the land. She pulled her lifeboat up onto the beach, and fell asleep in the boat, which she had pulled up onto a small sandy hill.

Early the next morning, a young Lilliputian man wandered onto the beach after spotting Leila’s boat on the beach in the distance. When he climbed up the rope that hung from the top of the boat to the beach below and first saw the beautiful behemoth, he was astonished. She wore a shirt that revealed her belly button, and her dress had been taken off to reveal shorts underneath.

The young man was unsure of whether or not to awaken the mighty giantess, so he remained and watched her breathe in and out. Her skin was light brown, and she had long, dark hair. Judging by her sleeping form, the man felt that the young woman was beautiful.

He climbed down from the massive boat, onto the beach while the mighty giantess slept. He ran toward the city, to the palace where the king resided. When he got there, he warned the men guarding the gate to the palace that a giantess had arrived in Lilliput.

“A human?” one of the guards asked.

“No, she’s from Brobdingnag! She’s twelve times bigger than a human!”

The guard turned to the other guard and said, “Notify the king, and have the general bring the catapults to the beach! I want a hundred archers there immediately!”

The young man added, “My name is Scant, I want the king to know who is responsible for the early warning!”

“You will be rewarded,” the guard replied, “but first you must return to the beach and wait for the giantess to awaken. Try to reason with her, and determine her intentions!”

Scant returned to the beach and climbed the rope to the top of the massive boat, to find the giantess awakening. He introduced himself to her as she rose and sat upright in the boat.

“I’m Scant, I’m 19 years old! I assume you’re from Brobdingnag?”

“I’m Leila from Lorbrulgrud, that is the capitol city of Brobdingnag. I’m 18.”

“This is the first time within my lifetime someone from your world has journeyed here! I knew your people were gigantic, but words don’t convey how colossal you truly are!”

Leila had a look of concern on her face. Scant hoped he had not said the wrong thing to her.

“I’m not massive, I’m at a normal body weight for a woman of my height,” said Leila.

“I didn’t mean to insult you about your physique,” Scant replied. “I’m just saying you are a mighty giantess! You could slay a thousand Lilliputian troops in a matter of minutes.”

Leila scooped up Scant in her hand. “I suppose you’re right. By our standard of measurement, you stand about half an inch tall from my perspective.”

“What are your intentions here?” Scant asked the giantess.

Leila smiled in a sinister way, and looked around the beach.

“I haven’t decided yet!”

Scant was unsure of how to interpret this. A giantess her size would be difficult for the Lilliputian army to beat, but it wouldn’t be impossible. This young giantess could be an arduous opponent.

To Be Continued!