- Text Size +
Josh would examine his freshly returned cell phone with skepticism as he hovered around the departing tour group, having just wrapped up a somewhat shortened tour of the facility. Whatever had happened in the lower levels indeed awakened some suspicions and sent some of the staff usually in charge of the touring off to inspect the damages. This of course would only fuel the conspiracy theories of one Joshua James.

"I told you ..." an exasperated Leah would sigh, being able to stand no more of Joshs' paranoid phone inspection, "they didn't put anything on your phone ..."

"And you'd know? They're not going to make it obvious, they could've used nanobots, they could've hacked into the phone's triangulation GPS signal ..." Josh postulated as the 2 walked towards the exit of the facility.

"Dude, they had your phone for like ... not even an hour!" Leah sighed, noticeably upset, although her mind was likely elsewhere.

"Okay okay ... geez ... I'm just sayin..." Josh would mutter, scrolling through his contacts and other content on his phone to ensure nothing was wiped or changed, "...between that and the weird noise downstairs, I mean you heard that right? Something clearly ignited ... I believe it was the chemical reaction of enormite metal with ..."

"Oh for fucks sake, Josh!" Leah would snap, before hastily covering her mouth, appearing guilty as hell, "S-Sorry ... I'm just worried ... I hope Lexi is okay ... she hasn't answered any of my messages since she got kicked off the tour ... I know I was a bit harsh on her but I hope she isn't angry with me"

"Lexi seemed cool" Josh would note, almost entirely glossing over Leah's concern for her best friend, "a bit sassy, I kinda liked the way she just told it like it was..."

"Yeah... that's ... something she does..." Leah nods before then muttering "...sometimes to her detriment"

To that end, there would be some sobbing heard from inside a women's room bathroom stall, belonging to none other than the hobbled and half naked Lexi, as she sat atop a toilet seat to avoid showing her bare legs, instead hugging them to herself as she continued to hold back massive sobs.

"Um ... Miss?" she'd hear a female voice from the stall adjacent, "I don't mean to intrude but ... um ... do you need a tampon?"

"N-N-Nuh....." Lexi would groan under her breath, her face still mashed up to her knee in desperation.

"Are you okay?" the young lady would ask. Her voice sounded faintly familiar.

"N-Not really no ..." Lexi would gurgle. She appreciated the other woman's concern but there wasn't much to be said. Not that anybody would believe that she somehow got caught up in some kind of lab accident, shrank herself, almost died and was now hiding out in a bookstore's public restroom in only a tattered blouse.

"H-Hey ... you should familiar, hon" the girl would note "You're Lexi, right?"

"Yeah..." Lexi would sniffle and nod, pressing her thumbs to her eyebrows as she once again felt a wave of sickness, she'd groan, "ugh not again ..."

"I can ... leave you alone ... I just remember you from the cheer group ... you were ... really cool, if you don't mind my saying" the other girl would say, "a bit surprised we didn't see you at the tryouts"

Lexi would nod before realizing who the other woman was, or at least what she had looked like based on their brief meeting.

"The cheer tryouts?" Lexi would repeat dumbfoundedly

"Yeah they wrapped up a little while ago ... but ... seems you're not feeling too well.. if you want I can try to talk to the other girls about giving you another go ... they really liked your spunk ... and ... well, yknow, that's like 90% of what we do" the girl would offer, trying to cheer up the clearly distraught Alexis Cole.

"Oh...!" Lexi would nod surprised, "Umm... sure! That would be nice ...although right now I could really use a pair of pants..."

To this, there would be another pause. It was admittedly an odd thing to say to another in a bathroom.

"Oh? Um... well ... can't really help you there ... although if you wanna pass me some money under the stall ,I could buy you a pair...?" the lady offered

"That's super nice of you but uh ... don't have a wallet either ... it's a long story ..." Lexi sighed, feeling like a total loser at this moment.

"W-Well hold on ... I'm not going to leave you in there like that ..."

"Trust me, I've been worse..." Lexi would groan, again feeling the sparks surround her but thankfully she wasn't shrinking. This would be a VERY inopportune time to do so to say the least.

"Hm... I'll be right back, okay?" the other lady would say

"Hon, I really can't ask you to ..." Lexi would stammer,

"You stay right there, okay? We're going to turn this day around, I promise"

With that, Lexi would watch as a pair of female legs departed through the bathroom door.

"Do I stay and wait? Do I make a break for it? Do I get off this toilet seat so I at least don't have an embarassing size fiasco?"

These were all valid thoughts that coursed through Lexi's head at that moment.

Elsewhere though, in the underbelly of Enormo Enterprises, other thoughts were being had and they were being had by some of the gentlemen in charge of the aforementioned fiasco. At the forefront of it all stood a shocked and irrate Dr. Maximillian E. Mumford, looking over the significant damage in the Delta Research facility.

"How...?" Max would simply ask, looking over towards his right hand man, Dr. Hoffnung, as well as a trio of other scientists who all echoed the same vacant stares. After a few more moments of the uncomfortable silence, Max would repeat the query, "HOW?!"

"I don't... I don't know sir..." Trevor answered, trying to keep his voice as calm as possible, "but let's not make a thing of this before ..."

"Before what? Exposure is drawn to what we were working on? The press gets here? What? In what situation is the not making a thing of this a feasible scenario?!" Max would explode, ignoring the pair of men standing guard at the entrance and walking in anyway.

"Um sir...?" Trevor would caution, "you may not want to walk in there, we're not sure if any radiation isn't still present in the ..."

"Yes! I think I know what could be in the air ..." Dr. Max clapped back as he suddenly could be seen wearing what equated to a metallic covid-19 face covering that slammed shut over his mouth to prevent any possible inhaling of toxins. "...I made the damn thing after all..."


Upon inspecting the scene, along with a few other men in hazmat materials, he would see only a few clues. The experimental container labeled 287 had been opened but there was nothing inside. There was all kinds of shattered glass and metal from the machine that had not only been fired off but fired off improperly.

"It's almost as if ... something exceeded the size of the test ... but it fired off anyway!" Max would mutter, investigating further.

Around this time is when the 3 men in Hazmat suits would nod and wave to the other men, letting them know it was okay to enter as most of the truly dangerous debris had been removed.

"I'd still watch yourself, there's a lot of fragmented glass in there" one would caution to the others as they slowly made their way in.

Trevor would notice something even more peculiar as he cited one of the few remaining working computer monitors. It was green, and through the cracks read the words "DELTA EXPERIMENT 287 SUCCESS"

"Um ...sir?" Trevor would nod, pointing over to the monitor

"Experiment success?!" Dr. Max would exclaim, "Nein nein! That is impossible!! The experiment was NEVER a success!!"

To this, the men behind him would look a bit skeptical, some even stifling chuckles.

"...is what I would say if I were NOT the scientific genius in here!! So of COURSE it was a success!!" Max would exclaim, hand raised high with a victorious look on his mostly covered face, "You see? I told you Operation Delta was coming along brilliantly!"

"And ... the room exploding... also part of the plan?" Trevor would mutter

"You will be doing the shutting up now!" Max would retort, none too pleased as he leaned in uncomfortably close to his cohorts stunned face.

After a few more moments had passed Trevor would go ahead and point out the obvious, "Well sir, even if that's the case ... we don't have the subject ..."

Max would seize the container on the wall labeled 287 and look down into it, seeing nothing save for a few fragments of metallic dust and maybe some mercury residue.

"Ah-ha! That is where you are wrong! It is obvious the experiment, which was CLEARLY successful produced FASCINATING results! Why it's better than we thought ... the subject was able to shrink to microscopic form ...!" Dr. Maximilian would postulate, drawing much ire from his peers.

"Um ... then why can't we see anything?"

"Do you not know what this word means?!" Max would shake his head in disgust, "They can't be seen!! They are ... they are ... very small!! Ugh! I don't know why I bother!"

With this Trevor would shake his head as the determined Doctor would carefully handle the plastic casing and bring it forth for more investigation. It was at this moment Trevor decided to do some investigating of his own, looking further into the wreckage by the ignition switch and seeing the remains of a backpack. The kind of purple backpack a college student would carry. Despite its disrepair, part of the backpack was still legible, it seemed to be a 3 letter set of initials ... AEC.

Alexis Elizabeth Cole would meanwhile be waiting patiently in the bathroom, strangely calm considering the whole ordeal. To her surprise, a pair of sweats with the Miniborough University Logo on them came from underneath the bathroom stall door.

"Don't know if they're your size, I kinda guessed..." the other girl would chuckle sheepishly, "medium? always a safe bet"

"You'd be surprised..." Lexi would mutter a bit cheeky as she stood up and put on the pants. "I seriously can't thank you enough ... I promise I'll pay you back!"

Lexi, still beat red made her way out of the bathroom stall to see the girl, a blonde who was maybe an inch or so taller than her grapple her into a powerful upper body hug.

"Don't mention it, Lexi for real ..."the blonde girl would say. She was quite striking, standing at about 5'6, although hard to tell exact height with her sensible blue heels that added maybe half an inch to an inch. Her azure eyes would be a bit dimmer in the bathroom ambience but one could see they would really shine in open sunlight. From her head hung a beautiful and lengthy tuft of blonde hair covering a portion of her blue top which of course matched the blue skirt and heels nicely. "My name's Chrissy by the way"

"I thought I recognized your voice ..." Lexi would nod with a smile, "...I ... I really don't know what to say..."

"Hey, I'm new around here and I just .. I don't know, wanna make friends and something about you really took me from the beginning ..." Chrissy would add, her voice perhaps lending another clue to her origins.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Lexi would ask

"Alabama" Chrissy would say with a cheeky grin, overdoing the accent now but her natural voice did have a hint of a southern accent, although nothing too glaring. "Southern hospitality, yknow? Not gonna let you wander out there half naked and all ... although you do have me a bit worried, with your ... arm and your shirt, were you in a fight or something?"

"Again, I'd rather not say..." Lexi responded as she shook her head. "I think I just need to lay down ..."

"You need a ride anywhere?" Chrissy asked

"Oh I couldn't ..." Lexi stammered, "not after everything you've done..."

"Non-sense ... first 10 miles are free, cmon" Chrissy would smirk as the 2 girls faded out of the bathroom and down the hall

"and after the first 10...?"

"We'll work something out" the blonde would wink.

Josh and Leah would be departing around this time from the tour of Enormo with more questions than answers.

"What do you think Project Delta is?" Josh would ask Leah

"What do you mean?" Leah replied

"Well that big scary science dude kept mentioning something about Project Delta, plus it was on some of the beakers they had in the labs and it appeared again on ..." Josh would continue

"Josh I have no idea what Project Delta is or Southwest Delta or Delta Dental!" Leah snapped,

"...well the 2nd one was a popular airline and the third was a dental in... okay you were being sarcastic with that ... that's ... that's my bad .." Josh frowned, "sorry I'm a bit socially awkward ..."

"It's ... it's fine" Leah nodded, trying to ease up. as Josh kind of took his own detour, looking just over a chain link fence around the facility, "I should take more time to consider the things you say and ..."

"Is that a pair of pants out in the field?!" Josh would remark

"A pair of pants in the ... what are you even?! Oh ... it ... it is a pair of pants..." Leah would raise an eyebrow, noticing the same thing that Josh had, along with some other clothing items. "Why ... would there be ..."

Josh grinned and took a step towards the fence, even putting his hand on it, "Give me a lift?"

"What? No! I'm not going to ... Josh, we could get in big trouble just for being around here!" Leah whimpered, pacing away from him just in case any security wandered by.

"C'mon, they're all too distracted from the nuclear meltdown" Josh replied

"There was no meltdown" Leah replied in frustration

"Then what do you call that exploding sound? What if someone was vaporized and those are their pants ... and their ... bra?" he remarked, noticing the undergarments too.

"Look, if you wanna get in trouble with the police or whoever else fetching some girls pants and undies, go ahead, I'm uh ... I'm gonna head home" Leah would groan, hands in her pocket as she'd try calling Lexi one more time. It was at this moment Josh's eyes widened a bit but he didn't want to disturb Leah yet again. Still, he could swear the cell phone peeking out of the pocket on the pants lit up for a moment when Leah had called it.