- Text Size +
"Just so you know ..." Leah warned her friend as they both took a leisurely stroll towards the campus' massive atria to see what activities were underway, "I can't keep giving you rides to school ... I'm already all moved in and even though it's not a super long drive, I just ..."

"I know I know ..." Lexi would scoff, peering around at all the various booths around promoting some of the clubs on campus, "...I'm gonna get a car, I can feel it"

"Getting a job would help" Leah would tease

"I'm sorry we don't get all get our dad's hand me downs ..." Lexi rolls her eyes, "we don't all have that ENORMO money"

"Ugh, just let that go ... a job's a job" Leah replies

"But don't you ever wonder like ... what their deal is? They must make more than glorified paper clips and household cleaner..." Lexi would postulate as the duo checked out some of the clubs, ranging from drama, music, sports and ... well ... the aforementioned science club with a sponsorship from none other than Enormo Enterprises. "Speaking of which, how's it hangin' Derek?"

"I don't wanna talk about it..." Leah's disgruntled brother would sigh as he was the lone participant at a booth geared to sign up students for the science club. The sign up advertised an early field trip, a tour of the Enormo Enterprises facility.

"Heh how long dad got you working here today?" Leah asked

"Uh... what time is it now?" Derek asked

"8:17 am..."

"Oh lord..." Derek would groan, burying his head in his hands

"Awwww there there, lil bro" Leah would tease, patting his shoulder, "looks like you got ... a few people to sign up? Wait ... are some of those fakes names?"

"Iwana Fuck.... you tell me" Lexi rolls her eyes, looking at the page, "I'm gonna go look over at cheer club, be right back!"

As Lexi ran off, Leah and Derek exchanged glances.

"Guess next time you'll think twice about skating near dad's car" Leah giggled

"Yeah yeah yeah ... all I know is I need at least 12 signups today or I don't get paid ... not that its much but I should at least get SOMETHING for this..." Derek explained.

"Well how many names do you have?" Leah asked

"Counting 'Iwana Fuck'? .... 3...." Derek rolled his eyes, "even people who are really into science don't take this seriously, it's just a way for the Big E to get their hands on things..."

"The Big E...?" Leah asked skeptically,

"I don't know, they said it sounded trendy in the marketing meetings..." Derek shrugged

"Awwww, you DO care" Leah teased

At that moment, the siblings would glance over and see Lexi laughing with a small group of girls as she was talking about the cheer tryouts, even performing a couple quick moves, eliciting some oohs and ahhs from some passers by, as well as a wolf whistle from a guy in a red sweatshirt which would trigger a similar reaction in Lexi herself, her face going from pale to red.

"So, not doing the cheer thing this year??" Derek asked

"Nah, I just think it's time to try something new" Leah nodded

"Hey didn't you wanna try like ... roller derby when you were in grade school?"

"Psh yeah... that was a long time ago ... and I could never get Lex to try it with me" Leah scoffed

"You know, you CAN do stuff without her ... you two have always been inseperable, ever since I could remember..." Derek recalled

"Well ... she's my bestie..." Leah looked over, giving her friend a smile before wincing watching her trip and fall after getting a bit overzealous on the cheer front. She brushed herself off and still maintained a smile because ... of course she did. Lexi always seemed to have some kind of smile, no matter what the circumstance.
"...I suppose you're right though ... that's why I'm going to check all these different things out and ... what??"

Derek simply motioned with his eyes towards the signup sheet for science club, giving his sister a puppy dog look

"No..." Leah said sternly, "No no no no no..."

"Cmon, it could be fun..." Derek shrugged

"You just want the money..." Leah rolled her eyes

"Actually ... it's a $50 gift card to Outback..." Derek confessed, "but you do get a free set of those enormite things"

"I KNEW you liked those! I remember when we were kids I was always stepping on em cuz you'd leave them in my room" Leah nodded

"Look, if you sign up, all you have to do is attend the tour ... then you just ... 'forget' to show up to the first club meeting next week and it still counts as a signup for me ..." Derek nods

"Quite the sales pitch ..." Leah rolled her eyes

"Oh man! Enormo enterprises!" a voice suddenly chimed in. The voice belonged to a skinny guy aged about 21 with short black hair and a big goofy grin. He was wearing a black and red shirt with stylized artwork on it, a clear comic book fan, "Did you know they use hyper-sensitive magnets to try to manipulate matter and create new forms of ..."

Derek, while the interest drained from his body was basically just motioning towards the sheet, knowing this sucker ... er ... fine upstanding citizen was just perfect for the sign up.

"Oh heck yeah, I'll sign up!" the young man would state, signing his name as "Josh James" "When's the tour? and are cameras allowed? I wanna get pictures of what they keep in the basement"

"What ... do they keep in the basement?" Leah asked, regretting the question as soon as she asked it

"You don't know?" Josh would explain, "Failed experiments, robotic machinery ... strange goo!!"

"Strange goo?" the suddenly grossed out Leah would ask

"Ha.... okay uh ... Josh, we'll see you later today..." Derek nodded, giving him his materials and credentials for the guided tour

"The tour is today?" Leah asked, "well I suppose I don't have much else to do ..."

Reluctantly, the brunette would stump down and sign off on the sign up sheet, bringing the grand total of names to 5.

"Well ... since you're going ... and you can't do anything without her anyway..." Derek suggested, "maybe Lexi would wanna go"

"Psh oh hell no, she hates that place" Leah scoffed, not even able to see her best friend at the moment. She had perhaps drifted into the school bookstore or something. Or simply gotten lost. She ... did that a lot.

"C'mon ... just sign her up" Derek shrugged, "what's the worst that could happen? Besides, if I get enough names on here, I'll just erase her off..."

"Uggh fine..." Leah sighed, scribbling Lexi's name on another line. "Do you even LIKE Outback?"

To this, Derek would shrug.

Leah rolled her eyes as she left the science club booth, "It's a good thing Lexi's super positive..." she thought to herself. "Even though she won't be THRILLED about this, I know she'll at least approach it with the right attitude... it's just a short tour anyway ... how bad could it be?"

At that moment, Lexi would return, holding a pair of purple and white pom poms that she would vigorously shake, "Look what I got at the school store....!!" Lexi would giggle, "perfect for the cheer tryouts tonight! Whoo!! Go Miniborough!!" Lexi would chuckle, before noticing the awkward look on her best friends face. "What? .... What?"