- Text Size +
1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

I married a sizechanger: Secrets

Author note: this is set during the fall of 2006. It was originally two stories, decided to merge them into one.

 

Eric and Stephen Miller looked at the river valley below. They were on the side of tree covered mountain deep in the mountains of New Hampshire.

"See the view is as nice as ever." Eric commented.

"That it is dad. But I get the feeling that there's something else on your mind."

Eric nodded and the sat down on the nearby rock, inviting Stephen to do the same on a nearby stump.

"Son, it's time I told you the Miller family secret."

"The family secret?"

"Remember when I said I saw some tiny women in your wife's model building. And Ellen dismissed it as another Sizechanger fantasy?"

"Yes. We wondered what mom meant when she said Sizechanger fantasies."

"She refuses to believe me. But I have encountered Sizechangers. They have been keeping an eye on our family for generations."

"Say what?" Stephen asked unable to keep the surprise out of his voice.

 

Guess I should start with my own encounters with them. I was a young man of 22 when I first meet them. I was dating a woman named Monica at the time. She's been and I guess she is a lovely brunette. Still think she's one of the sexiest women I have ever met. But don't tell your mother that.

 

Anyway, I was waiting at her house for her to get ready, when I saw something small on the floor, looking up at me. At first a thought it was a doll. But she turned out to be a real woman. A woman who was only three inches tall. She had blond hair with tanned skin and was dressed in a sweater and jeans. Then she spoke to me.

"Eric Miller you must dump Monica."

"Say what! Who are you and how do you know my name?" I ask her.

"My name is Dotina. I'm a sizechanger from the future." She replied.

"Well Dotina. I love Monica and I refuse to give her up."

"For the sake of the future, you must." She replied.

"Who are you talking to?" Monica asked me as she walked in the room.

"The little blond girl." I replied.

"What blond?" she asked. I looked around but Dotina was nowhere in sight.

"Never mind. Let's go to the restaurant."

 

The dinner at the restaurant started ok. But Monica got it in her head that I was seeing a blond girl on the side. I told her that I would never cheat on her. We placed our orders and while we were waiting to get served, I decided to use the washroom. Between the Dinning area and the men’s washroom was a hallway. Waiting for me was Dotina. She had the same clothes on but this time she was about 5'9" in height. How I could tell it was the same woman. I don’t know.

 

"Last chance Eric. Brake up with Monica willingly or be forced to."

"You can't force me to do anything." I told her.

"Sigh! Guess we'll do this the hard way.

 

Suddenly the whole world began to rapidly grow. I realize now she was shrinking me but that the time I didn't know what was happening to me. By the time I realized what I was seeing was real I was eye level with her sneakers. I was shrunk to only an inch or two in height. Before I could even think of running she grabbed me and placed me in one of the pockets of her jeans.

 

I tried to scream but nobody could hear my tiny voice. (The material of the jeans didn't help either). I tried to escape but she pushed me back in with her hand. She must have left the restaurant because when I finally got out of the pocket, we were in a hotel room of some kind.

 

"I'm sorry for the method of transport but I had to get you away from her." She told me.

I tried to reply, but she said.

"Hang on a minute. I'll make you a bit bigger."

The world then began to shrink. Within seconds I was the size of a ken doll.

"I got to get back to Monica. She'll think I deserted her." I pleaded.

"That's the idea." She replied.

"Do you want me for yourself then?" I asked her.

Dotina then burst out laughing. She laughed so hard I thought she was going to drop me.

"Eric I'm one of your descendents." She told me after she had clamed down.

"But you're not human." I pointed out.

"Correct. I am a sizechanger. Sizeloa is our home world."

"So how can you be my descendent?"

"What makes you think your descendents will be human? I love to go into details but that would change history."

"Having me kidnapped and shrunk isn't changing history?"

"No. But having you stick with Monica will. You will marry and have a son. But the future I come from will only happen if you marry the right woman. I'm to make sure that you do."

"I suppose you'll keep me small until then."

"Of course not. That would change history. I'll restore you in the morning."

"What's to stop me from going to the cops? Or telling Monica the truth?"

"The cops will never believe you as for Monica you find that she can be quite unforgiving."

Not much happened that night. A man showed up and he and Dotina got into argument. Not speaking their language I'm not sure what it was about. At someone I must have fallen asleep. When I woke up I was back in my own bed and back to my normal size.

 

 

I tried to patch things up with Monica. But she really was unforgiving. She refused to have anything to do with me. There are times I wonder if there is something more than just the restaurant incident behind her dumping me.

 

My second encounter took place a couple of years later. Archie Miller, my father was dying. So I wasn't too surprised when he summed me to see him. What he had to say surprised me. He gave me a couple of documents. One was in an alien language. The other was a sort of diary, recording several Millers encounters with Sizechangers. Some of which took place centuries ago. I have both documents in the car and I want to give them to you.

 

"You not dying are you dad?" Stephen asked, his voice full of alarm.

"My health is good. But I didn't want to leave passing on the secret to the last minute. Now where was I?"

"You were talking with Grandpa Miller."

 

"Oh yes. I was with my dad, when two tiny ladies showed up. One was a brunette I didn't recognize. The blond was all too familiar. Both girls were six inches tall.

"What are you doing here Dotina?" I asked the blond.

"Have we met?" She asked me.

I then told her and the rest of the people in the room about my previous encounter with Dotina.

"I'm sorry. But for me that has yet to take place. It’s one of the strange things about time travel." She explained.

"I'm sure she meant no harm." The brunette added.

"Let me guess you’re another of my descendents."

"No just a loyal servant of the empire." The brunette replied.

"Well I don't want sizechangers in my life, or in my family."

Both girls chuckled. Then Dotina said.

"What makes you think you have a choice?"

I then ran from the room.

 

I had my third and I hope my last encounter with Dotina two years later. I was dating Ellen, but our relationship was running into snags. I was in a bar drowning my sorrows, when guess who showed up. She was at her what I assume normal height of 5'9".

 

"Go away!" I told her.

"I'm not your enemy." She replied.

"You keep interfering with my life."

"For your own good. You must go back to Emma. She is your true love."

"She's mad at me. She says I look at other women far too often."

"For the sake of your son Stephen and his children, you must make up with Ellen.

"He's not born yet. Besides you can't force love."

"True. But admit it, you love Emma."

"Well."

"Don't make me shrink you and carry you over there."

"All right. I'll go over and try to patch things up.

 

A year later, Ellen and I got married. Over the years I spot tiny people here and there. But they don't talk to me and act like they don't want to be found.

 

"Those stories sound like they came from the "Twilight Zone" Stephen commented.

"True. But I have been watching you. You're not showing the disbelief my wife shows when I tell her this stuff. "

"I can tell you believe it."

"There's another reason why I'm bring this up now. For quite sometime I'm been getting the impression you and Deborah have been hiding something from me. And I'm willing to bet that something has to do with Sizechangers."

"Well…" Stephen wasn't sure how to proceed. Long ago Deborah had given him permission to tell his parents the truth about her if he felt he had no other choice. Now he felt he had little choice, but he wasn't sure where to begin.

"I need to know the truth son. Have you had encounters with sizechangers?"

 

"Encounters! He's married to one." A small voice said before Stephen could react. Both father and son looked down and saw a tiny woman only six inches tall. She had blond hair with tanned skin and was dressed in some sort of gray spandex uniform.

"Let me guess. You’re Dotina?" Stephen asked the tiny blond. And she nodded.

"You don't mean that Deborah a Sizechanger?" Eric Miller asked.

"She right, Deborah a sizechanger, so is the rest of her family." Stephen replied.

"YOU MARRIED A SIZECHANGER AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME OR YOUR MOTHER?" Eric shouted.

"I didn't think you would believe me. I was afraid you want any sizechangers in the family." Stephen said, trying to make excuses.

"I must point out that you had a sizechanger for a daughter in law for two years and you never noticed." Dotina said, butting in the conversation.

"I guess you have a point." Eric admitted. Then he said.

"It's not like she went around showing off her size changing abilities."

"Well, she didn't want the exposure. She tries her best to keep the people in the know to a minimum." Stephen explained.

"Even her own in-laws." Dotina commented.

Stephen started to reply then shut his mouth.

"Have any other secrets to share?" Eric asked Dotina.

Dotina frowned in thought. Then she said.

"I know plenty of secrets but you're probably not ready to hear them. But I will say this; Stephen's kids will be sizechangers. And that includes the girl currently growing in your wife."

"What's makes you so sure? They could be human/sizechanger hybrids." Stephen pointed out.

"What makes you think you’re human?" Dotina asked Stephen.

"I was born a human. True there was a brief time last year I was a sizechanger. But the Masterchemi changed me back." Stephen replied.

"Oh really? That's what they want you to think."

"And just what do you mean by that?"

"Let's just say they made a few alternations they didn't tell you about." Dotina said before disappearing from sight.

 

"Come back here. How I'm going to explain to Deborah that her secret was blown?" Stephen asked. But he didn't get an answer. Then he noticed the stunned look in his father's eyes.

"Dad. Are you all right?"

"Tell her I forced you to tell the truth. Man I never expected this. I was expecting experiences similar to mine. Instead you have to deal with them on a daily basis."

"It has not been easy at times." Stephen admitted. "But she loves me and I love her. I assure you that you have nothing to fear from her."

"What the rest of her family?"

"The only one that would give you trouble is Mistar. Deborah's sister."

"I thought her name is Misty."

"Misty is her human name. Mistar is her real name. I won't seek her out if I were you."

"I don't plan to. Wonder what I'm going to tell Ellen?"

"Maybe what was said here stays here in the woods? In other words don't tell mom." Steve suggested.

"That might work for the short term. But if our grandkids really are going to be sizechangers, she'll find out sooner or later. And I predict she won't be happy. Truth be told I'm not comfortable with the thought myself. But I can live with it, not so sure about your mother."

"It's getting late we be getting to the cabin."

"All right. Say you might be able to read that alien language document."

"If it's in sizechanger I can. I picked bits of the language up over the years."

 

The two men then started walking. They were almost to the cabin, when a thought occurred to Eric.

"Back there you told Dotina that you were a sizechanger for a while. How is that possible?"

"He had to remember that." Steve muttered to himself.

"The Masterchemi have the power to change humans into Sizechangers and vise versa. As for why I did it. Let's just say that I had some pressures from my wife and in-laws. And after a while I decided I like being a human better."

"Really?" Eric asked.

Stephen nodded.

"I would have guessed that sizechangers would have the better deal."

"Size changing powers aren't everything."

"I guess that's true."

There was no more conversation on the way to the cabin. But both men knew their world had changed. They weren't sure if it were for better or for worse.

 

"These are the documents I was talking about earlier."

Stephen looked at the two documents. One was a diary. The other was a letter. One look confirmed it was indeed written in sizechanger.

"Can you read the alien writing?" Eric asked.

"Yes. It's a letter addressed to…" His voice then trailed off.

"What's wrong?"

"This letter is addressed to me."

"Are you sure?"

Steve nodded.

"What's it say?"

"Give me a moment to read it." He then read the page long letter.

"It's says that I mark the transition point, the point where the family changed from human to sizechanger. And that I'm neither human nor sizechanger. That’s total nonsense of course. I'm human, a look at my blood would prove it."

"The future is sizechanger." Eric muttered.

"It also says my family plays an important role in founding the Sizechanger Empire, whatever that is."

"They are not currently an empire?"

"No. Currently the Masterchemi rules them. And I can't see them allowing a sizechanger empire."

"Maybe something happens to the Masterchemi." Eric suggested.

"Somehow I can't see that happening. Hand me that diary. I'm sure it will be interesting reading."

 

He was not disappointed. The diary started off with a letter from George Miller the legendary father of the Miller family to his descendents. Stephen found the Elizabethan English hard to fallow, but the letter seam to indicate that the family was destined to have encounters with magical beings, especially sizechangers. And that he was leaving the book to his kids so they could record their encounters with sizechangers.

 

"You don't suppose he was talking to Dotina?" Stephen asked his father.

"I don't know. It's possible that she visited 16th century England." He replied.

 

May 2 1640

I had the most unusual encounter the other day. I was reading the scriptures when I felt a presence in the room. I looked around but didn't see anyone. Then I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked and to my amazement. There was a woman no bigger than a mouse sitting on my shoulder. She had long dark hair and was dressed in strange garments. She turned to look at me.

"Good day Fred Miller." Came from her mouth.

"How do you know my name? And who are you?"

"My name is Macy. I know your name because I have studied you." The tiny woman replied.

"The wee people study us?" I asked her in amazement.

"Wee people? I'm a sizechanger not a leprechaun." Macy replied.

"What's a sizechanger?" I asked her.

"I'll demonstrate." She then hoped off my shoulder. To my amazement she rapidly grew until she was five feet high.

"Are you with God or the devil?" I asked her.

"I assure you that I'm a creature of God." She replied.

"What do you want?"

"To pass on several messages. First a civil war is coming between the Royalists and parliament. From 1642 to 1646 and again in 1648 England will be torn apart by war. A war King Charles will loose. The day will come when king Charles the first will get his head chopped off."

"So I should support parliament. And Cheer when his majesty head is chopped off?" I asked her. But she shook her head. And then she said.

"Second the future is with America. It will be best for your family if you move there."

"America is a wildness inhabited by savages." I protested.

"They will become a great nation. True that will be after your time. But your family will be part of that great nation."

"I don't know about this."

"Think about it." She then disappeared in a flash of light.

 

Did I dream her or is she really a messenger from God? Guess time will tell. Speaking of time, I wonder if the legends about George Miller are true.

 

June 12 1641

A year had passed. I had forgotten about the sizechanger. Then two nights ago I went to bed hoping to have a little fun with my wife, when a horrible sight came before me. My wife of five years had shrunk from 5'4" to five inches tall.

"Mary! What happened?" I asked her.

"There was this tiny woman with raven coloured hair. I asked her who she was. She said she was a sizechanger. I asked her to prove her powers. Next thing I knew I was dwindling to the size I am now.

"Not quite true her account. She threatens to break me in half. So I cut her down to size."

I looked at Macy. She was a foot tall.

"Please restore my wife."

"All right. But I'm holding you responsible for her behaviour."

My wife then began to grow. With moments her height was restored. She then fled the room.

"I was tempted to leave her several inches short of 5'4". But that would change history." Macy muttered.

"How?" I asked her.

"I'm from what you call the future. This year is the past to me. Anyway I'm here to tell you that now the time to move to America, New England to be exact."

"And if I refuse?"

"Your wife gets reshrunk."

"What!"

"Just kidding. But seriously, England will become a battleground in the near future. And Royalists will be the losers.

"Actually I'm more neutral than anything else.  I'm no great fan of his majesty, or his views on the divine right of kings. But I don't want England to become a republic either." "Your views will still get you in trouble."

"If you promise to leave my wife alone, I'll move my family to America."

"You got a deal Mr. Miller." She then disappeared in a flash of light. I pray that I made the right decision.

 

December 28 1776

Am I going mad? Have I imaged the events of the last few days? This diary suggested I'm not the first Miller to meet sizechangers. But they didn't mention that they grew into towering giantesses.

 

Trouble started on Christmas Eve. I along with my wife and three surviving children were doing our normal farm chores when my son Daniel spotted redcoats coming our way. My hopes that the war against the British would not come to my farm were dashed.

 

"What are we going to do Charles?" My wife Abby asked me.

"Hope they move on." I replied.

 

But they didn't move on. They had to be a dozen soldiers. To my dismay they went right to the house.

"I am Captain Gordon Wolf. Who is in Charge here?" The leader of the soldiers asked me.

"I am. My name is Charles Miller. And this is my farm."

"For the next several days it will his majesty king George the third farm while we hunt for Rebels. And a word a warning, If I discover that you or any of your family are rebels. My soldiers will kill you." He then placed the bayonet right in my face, the deadly point mere inches from my throat.

"Come right in gentlemen." I told him. I dared not reveal our true feelings on the war. Wisely neither did my wife and children.

That night we had a dozen soldiers sleeping in our house. I was on the verge of sleep myself when I heard a tiny voice say.

"I see you have unwelcome guests."

"Did you say something Abby?" I muttered.

"No, go back to sleep." She replied.

"My name is Dotina. I'm currently by your right ear."

"I don't see you." I whispered.

"That's because I'm currently very small."

"What are you? a fairy?"

"No I'm a sizechanger." Dotina replied.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"I'm here to tell you not to loose hope. That America will defeat Great Britain, although it will take years.

"Years. I got redcoats in my house now. Can you do something about them?"

"I'm not supposed to openly interfere. But I think I have an idea. See you later Mr. Miller."

Then she was gone.

The redcoats under the leadership of Captain Wolf were demanding their breakfast when the earth began to shake every few seconds. Then a loud voice said.

"FEE FI FO FUM. I SMELL THE BLOOD OF REDCOATS."

 

I along with the soldiers went out to see what was happening. Outside was the biggest woman I had ever seen. She towered over the house and distant trees and blocked out the morning sun. Looking up at her face, I saw that she had long blue hair. Her clothes were silver and seamed to reflect the light. Her blue eyes looked down on us. Somehow I could tell it was Dotina.

"THIS FARM IS UNDER MY PROTECTION. I ORDER ALL REDCOATS. THAT IS BRITISH SOLDIERS TO LEAVE AT ONCE AND NEVER COME BACK."

"Do you realize who you are talking to? I am Captain Gordon Wolf, highly respected soldier in his majesty army." Captain Wolf told the giantess.

"THAT DOESN'T IMPRESS ME MUCH." Dotina replied.

"You are under arrest Madam giantess." The redcoat commander told Dotina.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN ARREST A 300-FOOT GIANTESS? IF SO YOUR AS MAD AS YOUR KING." Dotina shot back.

"You dare insult our good king George? Soldiers kill the giantess."

"But sir, she's so big." A solider complained.

"You dare talk back to me? Attack her or else. Charge."

He then charged Dotina. I then noticed that only four of his men joined him. The rest were running away.

 

Wolf was brave. I grant him that. He and the few men loyal to him shot at Dotina. But their bullets had little effect. Then they used their bayonets to stab her, although the soldiers could reach little more than her feet. Still this had some effect. Dotina gave out a curse in a language I didn't understand. Then she said.

"I WAS HOPING TO SPARE YOUR LIVES. BUT NOW YOU GIVE ME LITTLE CHOICE."

Then she started stomping on the solders. They didn't have a chance. Within seconds the captain and the men loyal to him were dead.

 

Dotina then looked around, seeing that the soldiers were either dead or fled. She began shrinking rapidly. Within moments she had shrunk to human size. I along with my wife and kids then approached her.

"What are you?" My wife asked her.

"I'm a sizechanger. My name is Dotina." She replied.

"Thank you for getting rid of the soldiers. Wish you didn't have to kill them." I told her.

"I was hoping to scare them off. Some were more stubborn than I hoped." Dotina admitted.

"You know you could win the war for America." I suggested.

Dotina shook her head. Then she said.

"I have interfered too much already. Besides, your people will win the war on your own. You just have to be patient."

"Can you at least dispose of the bodies for us?" I asked her.

"Very well. I made the mess, guess I should clean it up."

 

She then proceeded to the bodies. As far as I can tell she shrank the bodies and then placed them in a bag. Then she left us. By noon, only strange tracks and blood stains in the snow were the only signs something bad had occurred.

 

Reading the pervious entries in this book, there is no sign of sizechangers growing to giants in the past. Is this start of a trend?

 

August 20 1932

Ripley refused to believe me. But I'm hoping the readers of this diary will. It all started a month ago. I was going for a walk in the woods behind my house, when I heard a soft voice call my name. (My name is Archie Miller by the way)

I looked around but didn't see anyone. Then the voice said look down. To my amazement I saw a woman with long blond hair and a brown dress. The strangest part of her appearance was that she was no taller than my knee.

"What the! Who are you?" I asked her.

"My name is Dotina. I'm a sizechanger from the future." She replied.

"A sizechanger? Does that mean you can change size?" I asked her.

"Yes. Let me demonstrate." She then began to grow. Soon she was as tall as I was.

"That's cool. Can you grow even taller?" I asked her.

"Don't even think about it." A voice called out of nowhere.

"I can but I'm not allowed to. Macy keeping tabs on me."

"Macy?"

"She's a fellow sizechanger from the future. Even since I stomped on a few redcoats she has been keeping an eye on me."

"Redcoats?"

"British soldiers. It was back in 1776, they were threatening some ancestors of ours. So I grew into a 300-foot giantess and stomped them. I believe there is an account of it in the diary."

"That's big, but how small can you get?"

"Very small. I can shrink to the size of an insect."

"Care to demonstrate?"

"All right." She then began to shrink. Smaller and smaller she became when she was around five inches tall I asked her to stop."

"Something wrong?" She asked me.

"You're going to become hard to spot. Mind shrinking in my hand?"

"You not planning some funny business are you?"

"I promise I won't hurt you."

I then laid my hand down on the ground. She then climbed aboard. Once I brought my hand level to my face. She began to shrink again. I could actually feel her getting lighter as well as smaller. When she finally stopped shrinking she was an inch tall, maybe a little less. I didn't have a ruler on me. She did a little dance on my hand and then she jumped off of it. To my shock she grew to human size by the time she hit the ground.

"We will meet again. But for now I must go." Then she disappeared from sight.

 

That night I told my parents about Dotina. I'm not sure they believed me. Although dad did show me the diary Dotina mentioned. Not sure he believed me.

 

A couple of days later I was writing a letter to Ripley's Believe it or Not!  about my encounter with Dotina in the woods, when I felt a small weight on my shoulder. To my surprise, a six-inch tall Dotina was sitting on my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"Writing to Mr. Ripley about you." I replied.

"He won't believe you. To the best of my knowledge he never mentioned sizechangers, despite the fact that he had the opportunity to meet not only time travelers like myself but present day sizechangers visiting this world."

"You're not the only one?"

"Far from it. Sizechangers like to keep a low profile on this world."

"I won't mind visiting your world."

"Sorry but humans aren't allowed on Sizeloa. And the size islands won't be open for years to come."

"Aww. That's not fair."

Dotina shrugged then said.

"If it makes you feel any better. One of your grandchildren, Stephen Miller will visit Sizeloa."

"Dotina." A voice cried out. To my shock, I had a six-inch brunette on my other shoulder. She and Dotina then got into an argument I couldn't understand. After a couple of moments both sizechangers disappeared from sight.

I sent the letter, but I never heard back from Mr. Ripley. One thing puzzles me, if humans are not allowed on Sizeloa. How can my grandson Stephen visit there? Do they change the rules in the future?

Epilogue

“You don’t have an entry in the diary dad?”

“I’m no writer. You can write down my story in the diary if you want.”

“I’m not much of a writer either. “

The end for now