- Text Size +

Chapter 3

"Do you want to see more of Sizeloa?" Deborah asked her husband.

"Not right now. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I got a lot to think about." Stephen replied.

"All right." Deborah said before opening the Trans universe portal.

"Ah, it’s nice to be home." Steve said as soon as he emerged from the portal.

"Its 4pm Eastern Time, just in time to start dinner." Deborah commented.

"I could have sworn it was later than that."

"Hilta is several hours ahead of this time zone."

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Now who can that be?" Steven wondered. He opened the door and his jaw dropped in shock. His boss from work was standing there.

"MaryAnn Owens? What are you doing here?" Stephen asked.

"I was just in the neighbourhood. Mind if I come in for a moment?"

"I guess so."

"Who is it Steve?" Deborah frowned when she saw Ms. Owens.

"Oh. It's you."

"Nice to see you too Deborah. Must say this house is unusual. It's not every house that has its own portal to the AWEA home world."

"You know about that?" Stephen asked.

"I have equipment that detects cross time portals. And I know that you were out of this universe for the last few days."

"You know that it's illegal to spy on people." Deborah pointed out.

"You're not a legal alien Deborah Law. What would the government do if they knew the truth about you?"

"You have known her true nature for a while now. Why bring it up now?"

"I'm curious Stephen. Why didn't you come clean with me when asking for time off? What happened on Sizeloa, that you have to keep quiet?"

"That mere fact I went to other planet means I have to keep it quiet. It's not something one can discuss openly."

"You can discuss it with me. I know about the multiuniverse."

"No I can't." Steve muttered to himself. Out loud he said.

"If you really most know I went to see my in-laws on Sizeloa."

"Considering that most of Sizeloa is off limits to humans that is quite a feat. Unless they live in the Size islands."

"They don't. So I had to get special permission."

"I got to go, but I will be keeping an eye on you Mr. Miller."

"Something tells me she's going to a problem." Steve told his wife after his boss had left.

"What are you going to do now?"

"Right now, I'm going for a walk in the park. I got a lot to think about.

 

The park was just a few minutes walk from Steve's front door. He loved to go there to clear his mind. And he certainly had a lot on his mind these days.

 

'This gets more completed by the day." Steve thought to himself. "Now the boss is on my case. She's not going to like having a sizechanger on staff. Her "Stan growth and shrink Rays" friends could also cause trouble. My parents are other concern. Would they accept a sizechanger son? What would they think of grandkids that are sizechangers?

 

On the other hand, the human haters are out there along with Rose Crusher. I might need to defend myself. Also it would be nice to be the equal of my wife."

 

"Hello Steve."

Startled looked around but didn't see anyone. What he did see startled him. Everything seamed to be frozen. Even the leaves on the trees the pair of joggers in the distance.

"What's going on here?" Steve asked.

"I froze time." The voice replied.

Steve turned to face the voice and this time saw the tiny figure on the park bench. It was a blond woman dress in a jump suit. Being only nine inches tall, she looked like a doll.

"Who and what are you?" Steve asked.

"My name is Tina. I'm a mini goddess." The blond replied.

"You’re responsible for freezing everything."

"Freezing time is one of my powers. I can also travel in time. I temporally froze time, so I can talk to you without causing a stir along the local humans."

"Talk about what?"

"First off, you don't have to worry about Rose Crusher. She's just jealous that GTS-Goddesses don't get the story play they used to."

"Story play? I don't know what you mean."

"And you not meant to. Now is not the time to tell you the true nature of reality."

"Did she actually hack into the VR?"

"She had one of her super witch friends do it. But she was the mastermind behind it. Like I said, she can't hurt you."

"She's 600 feet tall and an goddess to boot. She can hurt me very easily."

"You're forgetting one thing. Her Maker, Mr. G won't let her hurt you."

"Rose Crusher was made?"

Tina nodded.

"I suppose you know all about my dilemma."

"To be a sizechanger or be human that is the question. You know many people aren't given a choice. They are transformed and that's that."

"You mean like the Jones family."

"Yes, although I was thinking more of the lines of mini goddesses and GTS-Goddesses."

"A human can be transformed in a goddess?" Steve asked, surprise showing in his voice.

"Most GTS-Goddesses and all mini goddesses were human once." Tina replied.

"So you were human once?"

"Yes. And before you ask I didn't ask to become a mini goddess. But I'm glad I did."

"As interesting as this discussion is, it doesn't solve my problem. Should I remain a sizechanger or I'm a better off as a human."

"Only you can answer that question Steve."

"You can't show me what will happen if I make choice A instead of choice B."

Tina shook her head. Then she said.

"How fair would that be? Why should you have that advantage over anyone else?"

"Being a time traveler you do. You had seen my future. Meet my kids. Do I have any kids by the way? "

"You will have a daughter, followed by a son. Please don't ask for details on their lives."

"Tell me this, is Jerktor a threat to me?"

"He's a threat to the whole human race. Keep an eye on him and his fellow human haters. Regards of what you chose, he and others who think like him are a threat."

"You're not making my choice any easier."

"What makes you think the Masterchemi will give you a choice?" Tina said before disappearing from sight. Then the world unfroze.

 

Interlude

Two huge women of mega giantess stature look into a crystal ball. One's a blond, the other a redhead.

"She had to tell him, about my hack." The redhead complained.

"At least that mini goddess bitch didn't reveal your name." The blond replied. "Not that there is much he can do against a super witch."

"Tell me Rose. Why so interested in this mortal? You GTS-goddesses are involved in a huge war involving hundreds of Earth's. Yet you're wasting your time and mine spying on him."

"I have my reasons." Rose then whispered into the redhead's ear.

"Do your really believe that?"

"Would I lie to you Debbie?"

"Hmm. Maybe this isn't a waste of time after all."

End interlude

 

"How was your walk honey?" Deborah asked.

"I met a time traveling mini goddess named Tina." Steve replied.

Deborah did a double take, then realized he was serious.

"I've heard of mini goddesses. But I've never heard of a time traveling one. Why did you two talk about?"

He told her.

"Hmm. Life sure has gotten interesting for you lately." Deborah commented.

"Yeah. Maybe too interesting." Stephen replied.

 

"Glad you could finally make it to dinner Steve."

"Me too mom."

Suddenly the roof came off the house and an angry giant looked down at them.

"Fe fi fo hum. I smell human scum." Jerktor said.

"Don't worry I'll take care of him." Steve said before shrinking Jerktor down to size.

"How did you do that?" His mother asked.

"I'm a Sizechanger now." Steve explained.

 

Then next thing Steve knew he was looking at a gun barrel. And his dad was holding the gun.

"It was bad enough that you married that evil sizechanger." He told his son.

"Deborah is a good sizechanger now." Steve pointed out.

"Silence!" His dad shouted.

"I was hoping for grandkids. Instead I got those two monsters." His mom pointed to two teenagers in the room. One was a brunette, the other a dark haired boy.

"We're sizechangers, not monsters." The boy said. But Steve's mom pulled out a gun from somewhere and then blew the heads off the teenagers.

There is no place in this family for sizechangers." His father said. He then started to pull the trigger.

 

Stephen then woke up with a start.

"Nightmare?" Deborah asked.

"I should have known you find that material we found on Rose Crusher disturbing.

"Actually it involved Jerktor and my parents. Our future kids even made a brief appearance."

"I doubt Jerktor would go after your parents. And he wouldn't dare go after my kids. Go back to sleep Steve."

"It was my parents that went after the kids." Steve wanted to say, but didn't have the nerve.

 

"I hope that nothing goes wrong today." Stephen muttered to himself as he entered the office. The second he walked through the door, trouble started.

BEEP!BEEP!BEEP!

"What the heck is that?" Stephen asked.

A tall brunette then came up and turned off the alarm. Stephen groaned when he realized it was his boss.

"In my office now Mr. Miller."

"Now the shit hits the fan." Steve thought to himself as the office door shut behind them.

"Care to explain why the sizechanger detector went off when you entered the office?" Ms. Owens asked Stephen.

"Um. There's a sizechanger hiding in my briefcase." Stephen replied.

"Oh really? Let’s have a look then." Mary Ann then fished through the briefcase and to Steve's shock fished out a four inch blond woman. Steve eyes widen when he recognized the tiny blond.

"Is this a friend of yours?" Mary Ann Owens asked.

"Her name is Tracey Smith. I don't really know her that well." Steve replied.

"Care to put me down Ms. Owens?"  Tracey asked, not at all liking being held upside down.

"I take it this little blond is a sizechanger."

"She is. I don't know why she was in my briefcase."

"Hey I was curious about where Steve's works. I didn't expect to get detected so easily. Put me down or else."

"Or else what?"

Tracey then began to grow. Within seconds she was too big for MaryAnn to hold. Then she grew back to normal height. Meanwhile Ms. Owens was getting out her size change gun.

"Surely that's not necessary."

"You have five minutes to get out of my building Ms Smith or else deal with my size change gun."

" All right I'm going. Some day "Stan's growth and Shrink Rays" will go out of business." Tracey predicted.

"OUT!" Mary Ann screamed.

"SIZECHANGERS ROCK!" Tracey shouted as she ran out the door.

 

"Stupid bimbo. Don't the sizechangers know that I hate them?" MaryAnn asked.

"Not all sizechangers know you. By the way, since when did this place have sizechanger detectors?"

"They are a recent attention. We are still working out the bugs. Like that alarm tone."

"It is kind of loud." Steve admitted.

 

"Honey! Would you love me no matter what?"

"You know I would." Deborah replied. Then she frowned.

"You decided to become human again."

Steve nodded.

"Mind if I ask why?"

"There are several reasons. Hate to lie to my parents about my species.  And I'm not sure they would accept sizechanger grandkids. Ms. Owens is also a concern. She actually put Sizechanger detectors in the office.

"What!" Deborah cried.

"Fortunately Tracey Smith had sneaked into my briefcase. I was able to blame the alarm going off on her. But I can't use that excuse in the future."

"You can always look for another job."

"True. But I still have my other concerns. Things like having the masterchemi in my mind. Don't like that."

"Few Sizechangers do. What about the human haters?"

"I'll rely on you to protect me from Jerktor and his friends."

"All right I contact the Masterchemi and let them know of your decision."

 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The Masterchemi asked Stephen.

"Yes! I want to be human again." Stephen replied.

The Masterchemi then touched his body. He felt something leaving it and then he felt his body changing. After ten minutes the Masterchemi said.

"You are now human again."

 

"Can we talk?" The Masterchemi asked Deborah.

"About what? Stephen made his choice."

"We didn't completely change him back." The Masterchemi told her. "His children will be Sizechangers."

"Really? So he still producing Sizechanger sperm?"

"Yes, that is correct. And before you ask, Steve doesn't know."

"And I won't tell him. Mom will be glad to know our kids will be Sizechangers."

 

Interlude

Rose was looking at the crystal ball when she felt someone arrive on her shoulder.

"Who the hell are you?" Rose asked.

"Name is Tina. I'm a mini goddess. Still wasting time spying on Steve?"

"That's none of your business, mini goddess."

"Neither is it yours."

"He provides a distraction from the war. And I wonder what the Masterchemi are really up to."

"I've seen what the Masterchemi are up to and it's not good."

Tina then disappeared from sight before Rose could question her.

End interlude

 

"Is the experiment a success?" Several Masterchemi asked the one that emerged from the Trans universe portal.

"As far as Steve knows he's a human again. He does not suspect the truth."

"Did you tell his wife the truth?"

"Part of it. I told her that his kids will be Sizechangers. Did not tell her about the rest of our modifications."

"Good. The longer they are in the dark the better."

 

"You're so mean."

The Masterchemi were startled and then they saw the mini goddess in their mist.

"You dare to judge us Tina?" They screamed.

"You lied to Stephen Miller. Said he had a choice. Instead you turned him into one of your experiments."

"It's not your concern mini goddess. Besides what can you do about it?" the Masterchemi asked Tina. Tina didn't answer them.

 

Stephen half expected the alarm to go off when he entered the office. But it didn't.

"Yes. I really I'm a human again." He thought to himself.

 

The end for now