- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Note: This is an ongoing series, with readers voting for the outcomes.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Setting things up, of course.

You understand that if you fail this initiation, you will have no place here in Galaxy Team, and thus Jubilife Village, correct?” You opened your lips to respond to the tough bargain put before you but found your mouth uncomfortably dry. Breaking your eye contact away from the terrifying, matter-of-fact woman’s piercing silver eyes, you took a deep breath of air. The scent in this building was distinctly ‘old,’ like an executive’s room or the Café cabin on route 210, further confirming the terrifying truth of your reality. You really had been transported back in time, but just how far back? Was there even a route 210 for your comparison to make sense? You really didn't want to be stranded, wandering without any money, supplies and a single unfamiliar Pokémon, so regardless of the unfair terms, You felt obliged to accept them. “Yes, Miss Cyllene..” You sheepishly muttered in response, only to be startled by a loud STAMP. You made eye contact with the cold hearted woman, immediately understanding why she had stamped the paper in front of her with such excessive force. “Yes ma’am, captain Cyllene!” You corrected yourself, this time with much more gusto and life in your voice, hoping to appease the tough as nails woman. She kept eye contact the entire time with me as she stamped the pages a few more times and delicately lifted them up and stacked them neatly together, before handing me the documents. The entire exchange felt as if it had been going on for hours, you couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking about you, if she could read your mind somehow but finally she broke her silence with a simple command. “Go give these orders to Akari-san, I believe you two have already exchanged pleasantries before..?” You purse your lips, thinking back on the short interaction you shared with the girl. She seemed just as unforgiving as Cyllene, and seemed all too eager to prove the nice professor that had rescued me wrong.. You nodded silently, eliciting a small smile from the otherwise expressionless woman across the desk. “Excellent. I honed her skills yourself, there's no one else on the survey corps I would trust more with evaluating your value on my behalf. Now, get going, I’ve much more work to do..” You held your breath, badly wanting to sigh. Why couldn't it have been Lucas? He was quiet, but seemed to be much more polite with strangers. Knowing you couldn't argue with her, you took the stack of documents and made your exit, walking out into the street to begin your search for the aloof young woman. Although, calling it a search was a little generous. You hadn't even been in the same time period for longer than a month and yet you were able to hear the rumour that Akari was a major glutton, especially for potato mochi.
 
 
You awkwardly approached the Wallflower, earning a disdained look from the rather xenophobic man who ran it, despite your friendliest smile and hand gesture. It hurt your confidence more than you’d be willing to admit but, you were here to get on Akari’s good side, not his. There she sat, slouched over and writing into a notebook, research from a recent survey, no doubt. Getting a good look at her long, dark hair, pristine pale skin and distracted grey eyes, you were struck with a sense of familiarity. She definitely looked like some celebrity from the present, but you struggled to match a name to the face you were imagining. You shook your head, deciding that it wouldn't help your case right now, regardless. You reached your hands into your pocket and dug out your trump card– the one modern thing you happened to have on you whenever you had been transported through time; a golden keepsake ring from your rival. It pained you to barter it off, but, if you played your cards right and showered this jerk in her beloved mochi, maybe she'd put a good word in for you and you would at least have a place to stay while trying to get to the bottom of all this. You started walking towards the chef who again furrowed his greying brow at me until he sparkled the glint of gold in your palm. “Hrmph, don't think I’ll serve an outsider even for that.” He spat at me, causing me to bite your tongue. “You'll serve her though, right?” You motioned towards Akari who finally lifted her head from her notes enough to observe our exchange from afar. “Got a thing for miss Akari, do ya? Pffbt, your funeral, kid.” He snatched the ring and got to work. Step one of your scheme was complete, now time to seal the deal with the lady herself. “What was that about? Don’t tell me you're harassing Beni for food now..” You smirked and shook your head, taking your seat across from her. “Nope, just ordered as much mochi as you can eat, actually.” Her eyes briefly lit up at the idea of gorging herself on her favourite snack before she finally caught on. “Is that right? So, what's in it for you, then?” You shrugged and slid the documents across the table to her, allowing her to skim through them herself. “Three pokémon, just like Lucas? Y’know, I was only willing to put up with that because he showed promise immediately. You're bribing me with food, there's no way you can survive out ther–” Beni interrupted her by setting down a plate absolutely covered with potato mochi. “On second thought, I think I can spare you the time. After we finish here..” She drooled a little and began to ravenously devour everything on her plate. your stomach growled a little, jealousy. You hadn't eaten in a day after all, maybe she wouldn't mind if you tried one. You reached toward the plate and received a harsh slap on the wrist for your efforts. Clearly, she intended to have it all to herself, and who would you be to tell her otherwise..? You sighed and laid back in your seat, watching as she gulped down the last of the mochi, sending what was your only connection to home down her gut, considering Beni wouldn't be willing to barter your ring back. “Haaah.. Normally, I have to share with those two boneheads. I could get used to having a wealthy patron..~” She smiled widely and leaned back into her own seat, rubbing her visibly bloated belly in a state of bliss. As broke as you were now, this certainly was the happiest you had seen the normally sarcastic and shrewd researcher. “So, you'll help me..?” You nervously reminded her, not wanting to ruin her good mood. “Hmnh? Oh, yeah.. Sure thing, I’ll meet you at the village gate.”
 
 
You anxiously paced around the gate, doubtlessly making the guard on duty just as uncomfortable as you waited for Akari to show up. She wouldn't have swindled you, right? You really didn't know how to tell time without your Rotom phone.. you looked up at the sky and squinted, looking for the sun before her familiarly sassy voice quipped behind you. “Uhhm. You do know it's bad for your eyes to look at the sun, right..?” You shuddered, having not heard her approach. She really was like a ninja. “W-Where were you?!” You cried out, earning an eye roll from her. “Well, SOMEBODY let me overeat so I had a short little nap to digest. My stomach still feels dodgy, too, so let's get this over with, yeah?” You really wanted to remind her that the alleged somebody was herself, but you made it this far at least. “Rrright, sorry..” You apologised as she handed me a couple of the strange primitive pokéballs that the people around here used. You squeezed one tightly and listened intently to her instructions. “Our first target will be easy enough to find, more likely it'll find us. The captain was smart to pick such an aggressive but mostly harmless monster for you..” You felt pretty nervous, taking special notice of her use of the word ‘mostly.’ “If you can handle a little Paras, you oughta be capable of handling the other two targets. Just follow my lead, and no backsass, got it?” You gulped and nodded, reaching out to take her hand only to be ignored and walked ahead of. Looks like you'll just be following, not that you minded much. Clearly, all the exercise and mochi in her lifestyle had been a secret recipe for a really wide and firm ass that wobbled hypnotically with each step into the wilderness she took. In the very least, it kept your mind off of the fear you would otherwise be feeling from all the echoing pokémon cries. Unfortunately, it also kept your mind off of the helpful advice she was rattling on about throughout our walk. “We’re near where a bunch of Paras call home, duck down and send out your partner whenever you can spot one isolated..” You cautiously peeked through the tall blades of grass at the swarming crablike monsters as they seemed to be squabbling over a berry. “Relax, remember what I told you and you'll be fine.” She whispered one last time before backing up a bit to allow you to take centre stage. Problem is, you really couldn't remember what she told me at all! Watch out for sneak attacks or something like that? Seems plausible enough. As you approached the gathering of monsters, you kept looking behind me just to be cautious, until you finally were within throwing distance of a single isolated Paras, monching on what looked like a stale old berry. You took a deep breath through your nostrils, held it and threw out your pokéball. Aaand… you missed by a longshot and watched in abject horror as the ball ricocheted into a giant mushroom. The group of Paras scurried off as the mushroom began to shake and lift from the ground, revealing itself to be a pokémon as well– what looked like some sort of evolution of a Paras infact. It screeched angrily and began to scan the area around it. You held your breath and dropped all the way to the ground, surprising yourself that you hadn't wet yourself from fear yet. Everything grew completely silent as the pokémon walked towards your direction.. but if you could just hold out a little longer, maybe the brute would return to sleep. It seemed content enough but as a precautionary method, it shot some visible green spores in your direction. It took everything within me to not start shrieking now as you felt the spores drift down onto me and begin to tingle. You rationalised that you would be okay since it wasn't a direct blast, and that you’d be way better off without alerting the beast. As it turned its back to me and began to burrow back into the ground, you began to crawl backwards towards where you came and stumbled towards Akari, landing at her feet. “Spores..” You muttered before becoming too numb to speak. She looked down at me with genuine concern in her eyes before she must have internalised what this meant for her and her face soured.. “Great, now I have to drag you all the way back to camp? Ugh, this is such a waste of your time..” Charming as always, You thought before drifting off to sleep. 


Arceus’ sake, sleep may have been the wrong word for it. When you awoke, it felt as if you’d been in a coma for days. You must have been tucked really tightly into bed because you could hardly move an inch, although you definitely were certain you weren't paralyzed. You felt your attempts, fruitless as they may have been. Finally, a familiar voice echoed loudly from above me- Akari. She must be standing over me or something..? “Yes ma’am. I’m quite sure that they ran off.” You frowned, curious as to who she was talking to, and what about. If only this bandage wasn't over your eyes.. Oh, that's right, you can speak! “Akari–” You had hardly finished pronouncing the last syllable of her name when your entire body had been smacked by something massive all at once. “F-Fuck!” You cried out as you felt the force push down, squishing me against the plush surface beneath me. “A-Ahh, apologies Miss Cyllene, I had a really big lunch, it must have been my stomach..” That really sealed it. Something incredibly weird was happening, too weird. As if the past few days hadn't been weird enough, you began to suspect something you never imagined possible before. Were you.. shrunken? Inside some kind of pocket? Oh, but, Akari wore tights to ensure she made as little noise as possible, that meant.. your face erupted into a feverish red hot shade of crimson as you finally realised that your soft mattress was Akari’s bare ass cheek. The “tucked in” feeling must be coming from her tights. You so badly wanted to scream again and ask questions, but seeing as you had received quite the rough reception for it last time, you opted to play by her rules and patiently waited for your chance to talk. “I’m quite certain that they will cause no trouble for the local clans, might even assimilate.. But if that's all..?” You honed in on your hearing as best as you could but barely comprehended the words, all you were ultimately capable of learning was that she was probably reporting to Cyllene about your alleged abandonment. “Thank you, ma'am. I will return to my private quarters now, if that's okay?” You felt Akari begin to turn and walk, each step squeezing her tight asscheeks together in a dizzying fashion. If Cyllene had just been a little more attentive, it's very possible she could have spotted the small human shaped bump on Akari’s left ass cheek, but alas, your new life in Hisui had only just begun.