- Text Size +
Story Notes:


The room appeared after an explosion of light. "Please, don't be nervous," said the man with a finger on the light switch. A clean-bone color reigned from the ceiling to the floor; the ghost-remains of cleaning chemicals went trough my nose to the now open door.
 He pointed to a freshly made bed and with a calm tone told me to wait for him there. I laid for about five minutes before hearing the door knocking. "This is is Sophie, she will be helping us today," said the man with a hand on the shoulder of a young woman who modeled a lab coat. My imagination overflowed, it passed my smirk and reached the bulge in my pants. She didn't spoke a word, only stared.
 And after some small talk they begun sticking wires to my body and attaching electronic pieces until I became a scrap-cyborg.

"Any last-second questions?" Asked the man putting some kind of helmet on my head.

"Is it true that you have God powers there? Like, no limits?"

"Yes,  you can do whatever you always wished."

"Oh, really? So I can slap a child?"

"If you really wish that. Well, you must respect the other players, but there are not such rules with NPCS (Not Playable Characters.)

"But what I do goes straight to the internet and then there is a mob outside my garden telling me to leave the country."

"No one will record what you do there. Sophie is only here to let you out whenever you ask. Our objective is to test how real this prototype feels before developing the personal market-version." He patted my chest and leaved the room.

Then Sophie walked to a desk at the back and sat on the chair. She slammed keyboard keys and the mouse played like a hammer, her head moved like tugged in a no-motion."I guess cute girls also have bad days," I said. No response. So I just moved my hand up and down, watching how the skin stretched while being connected to the cables.
When she finally spoke: "there, it's done," she smiled with broken red eyes. "Let's see if this is enough, maybe after this you will not forget me." The memory was shooted to my brain. Sophie, Sophie Reed, my first girlfriend, and the first woman I ever cheated on.
The washing machine like sound from the helmet blared and everything went black.

-Initiating Paradise-
-Initiating Paradise-
-Initiating Paradise-

After a blink I was somewhere else. It was a desert with immense waves, like a fixed ocean. The sun heat-barked endlessly, all shadows had already died. "Hey! Anybody!" I yelled removing sweat from my forehead, but I was the only idiot there.
 "So this is my Paradise? Yeah, because I always wanted to get the lobster-treatment."
I tried creating stuff, changing the location, and the other things I had been promised, but everytime I received the same error-message: "You are not allowed to modify this world."

"And I suspect that my beautiful, reasonable, and well-hearted ex is not going to let me return to the real world, or is she?"
Silence. Until, behind me, I heard the roaring. It was loud like a Bison stampede. I moved my head and saw the motorcycle and her; they were huge. My blood froze; the woman was like a living statue of liberty. She decreased the speed and captured me with her hand. "What is this? Why does it moves?" She said to herself. But my frantic words became literal flute-notes. She laughed, her mouth was the size of a bedroom wall. Tattoos traveled in and out her leather clothes and the reflection on her sunglasses showed a plastic toy of a man. This was all Sophie's fault.
 I fought her grip with any force that hadn't melted yet, but couldn't free myself. "Buddy, you are going nowhere, the others have to see you," she tossed me on the seat and sat on me.
I felt like under a inflatable castle being used, with the never ending bike's rattle and the crushing weight over my body. I pinched, bit, tried to get out, but she only moaned: "Thanks! Right there! Wow, I think I am going to take my time coming back."

Enough time passed for me to be death. And when she stood up I was expecting to look like chewed gum, at least that's how I felt.
We were now in a mansion made of gold and jewels. Shirtless TV stars and singers guarded the doors like butlers. At the center was the entrance of a glass elevator that was more than 30 floors high. She peeled me off from the seat and walked to the elevator. Pressed the button and in seconds we were in the upper floor. Her hand tighten harder and harder as we approached a door. And when we entered I saw them: Three more girls sitting on thrones with a fourth one empty.

"Hi, girls! You need to see this." She said.

"What is it, Riley?" Said one called London. Her carbon-hair was wet and she was adjusting her purple bathrobe.

"Hope is better than the last amazing discovery," Said Casey with eyes glued to a virtual video game console.

"Hey! That NPC that looked like one of her math teachers was a great punching bag." Said Jenny exhaling fire like a dragon

"Well, imagine an NPC that looked like... This!" Riley showed me to the girls like an infomercial host.

"You made that! I have never saw anything like that" said Jenny.

"No, I found it," corrected Riley.

"Really, let me see it?" Said Jenny.

Jenny held me with two fingers; she glared at my body, disgusted, like if I was the cheapest Halloween candy. She raised me over her head and dropped me on her open mouth. And the tongue catched me, it was as a hungry and slimy anaconda on her dark cave. It traveled around my body curious how each part tasted. Then came the teeth. Screams filled the darkness as they went down. The crunch sounds of my bones continued until I got mashed.

"And it's gone," said Jenny showing an empty mouth. But Riley pointed down to the floor, I had appeared there. Still screaming I checked my body, it was like if nothing had happened. I wasn't going to die.