- Text Size +

Indaju awoke eight or so hours after falling asleep. She took her routine very seriously, and always made sure she got enough sleep, but last night's argument with Pulunju had left her in a poor humor. As a result, she didn't get as sound a night of sleep as she would have liked.

Indaju thoughtlessly stumbled out of bed and flicked on the lights. She looked over to see her friend snoring and murmuring, one leg hanging off the bed. Indaju chuckled to herself. No matter how much they argued, the two couldn't stay mad at one another for very long.

The air conditioning was on, and the room was pretty chilly. Indaju's pajama's kept most of her body warm, but her bare feet started to get uncomfortable under the cold floor. She walked back to her bed and slid her feet into her slippers.

Of course, Jimmy had completely left her mind. Upon entering the slipper, Inadju's pedicured toes envoloped Jimmy, waking him up instantly. He couldn't see much, but after his mind cleared, he realized quickly what was happening. He thought of a way to let Indaju know what was going on, but nothing seemed possible. His movement was restricted too heavily by Indaju's toes for him to do much of anything but play the waiting game.

Indaju sighed a sigh of relief feeling the soft fur of the slippers on her feet, wriggling her toes inside. She could feel something under the toes of her left foot, but figured that it was nothing more than a tuft of loose fur, not worth investigating. If anything, she liked how it felt to play with.

Now she could begin her relaxing morning, before having to take the helm again. She started to walk over towards a machine across the room used to prepare a tea-like drink.

Jimmy, meanwhile, was being made sick by the turbulence of being thrown up and down with each of Indaju's steps. The toes that entombed his body were cold initially, but that soon changed. With each passing moment, the temperature inside the slipper began to increase, causing both Jimmy, and Indaju's toes, to sweat. The smell was strong, though not necessarily unpleasant.

Jimmy felt himself being lifted up and slammed down at the rhythm of Indaju's gait, like a kind of twisted carnival ride. Indaju's toes kept a tight enough grip on Jimmy to stop him from being flung out of the slipper. All he could hear was the slapping noise of the sole against Indaju's heel.

The walk lasted only seconds, but for poor Jimmy, those were some more rough seconds.

Upon arriving near the machine, Jimmy was granted temporary rest. Indaju only took a few steps while preparing her drink. It wasn't long, though, before she started walking again, grabbing her drink and tablet, and sitting down at the table. Indaju began reading a book on the tablet and enjoying her drink, blissfully unaware of what was going on inside her shoe.

Jimmy was beginning to have trouble breathing inside his muggy prison. While reading, Indaju began lightly squeezing him with her toes, and action she likely had no conscious knowledge of.

Around an hour passed before Pulunju crawled out of bed, yawning and scratching her belly. Indaju acknowledged her, but didn't turn her attention away from her book.

"Uxajju, Unikeku." (Good morning, sleepyhead.)

Pulunju returned with a long yawn. She put on her slippers and walked over to the drink maker to fix a drink of her own. She then sat down at the table opposite of Indaju. She found it hard to look into her friend's eyes, still feeling guilty.

"Maf... aku kojbilis kustum: kamu akum tak taksenangilis made den kustu: sukum aku lakilim." (Sorry... I hope you're not still mad at me for what I did.)

Indaju looked up from her book at Pulunju, who was making puppy dog eyes and fiddling with her lands in her lap. Indaju couldn't feign anger at her adorable companion and let loose a chuckle.

Jimmy could hear the vibrations from Indaju's voice, but that was about it.

"Pulunju, aku kamum tak taksenangilis. Tapi aku kajximis pule titija." (Pulunju, I'm not mad. But you have to be more considerate.)

Pulunju looked down at her thighs.

"Dank..." (Thanks...)

"Xej, kamu xosilis algum xavejam ka?" (Hey, wanna hear something neat?)

"Lak." (Yeah.)

"Isu baxasimim." (He spoke.)

Pulunju's eyes lit up.

"Sunje?!" (Really?!)

"Lak. 'Dank.' Isu baxasilim 'dank.'" (Yep. 'Thanks.' He said 'thanks.')

"Kestu xasunja etimis! Aku xosimis isum fejkili! Isu etimis mane?" (That's great! I wanna see him! Where is he?)

"Pjes... aku kulemimis kustum: isu etimi-" (Well... I think he wa-)

It hit her. Her slipper. She left him in her slipper. The slipper she was wearing right now.

Indaju's eyes opened wide, as if she'd just remembered that she left the oven on back home.

"Indaju?"

Indaju immediately lifted her calf over her thigh, slowly pulling her slipper off.

Free at last.

Indaju gently tilted the slipper over the table, and little Jimmy tumbled out, gasping for air, face reddened, and covered in both his and unaware tormentress's sweat.

"Indjau, apu karalju?!" (Indaju, what the fuck?!)

Indaju covered her gaping mouth with her hand.

"Mafunju! Aku tak bitanimim!" (I'm so sorry! I didn't know!)

Ferocious laughter erupted from Pulunju, while Indaju only held her head in her hands in shame.

Jimmy harbored no resentment towards either of them. He was simply happy to be able to breathe again, and happy that he'd made it this far, against all odds.