- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


The trip from Akenu to Earth took about a week and the return was likely to be the same. With Indaju at the helm, Pulunju took up the responsibility of breaking the ice with their new friend.

Pulunju sat down at the same table that Jimmy laid on earlier. She propped her head up against her palm, elbow on the table, while she dangled her cage necklace in front of her face with her other hand. Indaju couldn't look, as she had to operate the vehicle.

Jimmy's initial rush of adrenaline had largely worn off, though he was far from mentally sound. He felt sick being thrown around inside the little clear cage, not to mention the confusion of all this. Pulunju was staring at him like a zoo animal with her hazel eyes, tapping her long red nail on the exterior of his cage to see his reaction. She didn't mean any cruelty, really. She simply wasn't aware of the effect she had on the little human.

Pulunju moved her arm upwards, dangling the cage directly in front of her eye. This scared the living shit out of poor Jimmy, who yelped and jumped backwards, bumping his head against the enclosure. Pulunju sat the cage down on the table and started chuckling at the little man's reaction.

"Aletilit kestum, Pulunju. Kamu tak xosilis kustum: kamu isum nasalilis." (Stop that, Pulunju. You don't want to hurt him.)

"Xaxa, aku isum tak nasalilik!" (Haha, I'm not gonna hurt him!)

Pulunju leaned back in her chair and kicked her feet up on the table, not far from where Jimmy's cage lay. Upon landing, her heels caused the table to shake. It wasn't anything to her, but it sure made little Jimmy fall on his ass. He got to his feet and looked outside the left wall of his enclosure. He saw Pulunju's massive feet right outside, each one taller than him. He wasn't even sure if he'd reach her toes if he stood right before them.

Jimmy stood and started at the giant lady's feet and lower legs. They were the same tanned brown color as the rest of her. She was wearing a sort of wooden sandal, similar to something the Japanese might wear to a summer festival. She played with her shoes, wriggling her toes to and fro, slapping the hard interior of the sandal against her fleshy sole, which was a slightly lighter color than the rest of her body. Her toes were a touch long, and the nails extended a bit. They were painted red, like her fingers. The smell crept into Jimmy's clear prison. It wasn't a particularly bad smell, but it certainly wasn't from any sort of perfume.

"Pulunju! Pegilit i'fusum kami e'miju! Isu tak xosimis i'fusum takxarumam kami njumili." (Pulunju! Move your feet off the table! He doesn't want to smell your stinking feet.)

"Xej!" (Hey!)

Pulunju's scoweled, hands behind her head.

"I'fusu aki takxaruma tak etimis!" (My feet don't stink!)

"Xa! Kestu kandanu xasa etimis." (Ha! That's a good joke.)

"Xo sunje? J'aku kaximis kustum fejkili: sukum isu kulemimis. (Oh really? Let's see what he thinks.)

Pulunju kicked her sandals onto the table and moved her feet over to the cage. She placed her soles on both sides, gripping the top with her toes. She lifted her legs up to look inside the cage, now being held in between her big meaty soles. Her feet covered some of the airholes, but not all. Jimmy could now smell Pulunju's feet much more strongly, and his vision was blocked on two of the four sides.

"Jadi, takbesalamu, j'isu takxaruma etimis ka?" (So little one, do they stink?)

Jimmy could tell she was speaking to him, but he had no idea what she was saying. Indaju sighed.

"Pulunju, kamu bitanili kustum: isu tak kapasimis kamum uletili." (Pulunju, you know he can't understand you.)

"Lak, kamu sunjxajdum baxasilis. Seres apa jisulu jomelimik j'aku kum isu?" (Yeah, you're right. How are we gonna communicate with him?)

"J'aku kapasimis a'isu Baxasum Negali senjalili. Nemenilit mejtimum kustam." (We can teach him Baxasu Negali. Take this tablet.)

Indaju pointed to the chair next to her. There was an iPad looking device lying there.

Pulunju carefully placed the cage back on the table with her feet, put her sandals back on, and got up to get the tablet. She clicked through some menus, before popping out the stand on the case out. She propped up the tablet in front of Jimmy's cage and turned up the volume.

The tablet began playing videos designed to teach the language of Baxasu Negali to foreigners.

Jimmy was an emotional wreck inside his cage. Within the span of a few hours, he'd gone from a normal, loner college student, to an abductee, the study project of two extraterrestrials. Whose language he was now having to learn.

And he thought high school Spanish was bad.