- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Set in the 2009ish Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon continuity

A budding romance finally develops between Peter Parker and Betty Brant, which is challenged by the shrinking properties of Spider-Man’s new costume. Will he be crushed by the Black Cat, or eaten, or what?

SPOILER WARNING: This contains short recaps of romantic subplot developments in the late 2000s animated series “Spectacular Spider-Man.” 

Peter Parker was not just a sixteen year old school boy with a childish crush. He had seen something in Betty Brant, which was neither present in Gwen Stacy nor Mary Jane Watson. He had asked Betty to the school formal. She had almost been prepared to go, until Peter’s meddling Aunt May had interfered in Peter’s life behind his back, warning off Betty, having decided for Peter that Betty was too old for him.

 

Peter hadn’t been aware of his Aunt’s meddling. Betty had simply come up to him and told him she could not go to the formal with him, having previously stated that she was 20, and that it seemed “too weird.”

 

Now Spider-Man was swinging across the city. He had not faced any super villains that night, just caught a second storey man attempting a burglary, and enjoyed the city lights.

 

Now he was taking a swing past the Daily Bugle, when he heard a scream from an alley. He swung in and stuck to the top of the wall, high above.

 

“Don’t fight it, sister. Just hand over your wallet, your jewellery, and then we’ll see what else you can do to make us happy,”  said one of two muggers. They were menacing Betty Brant, who was on her way home from a late shift at work. He was furious, and was just about to leap down and shoot webs at them.

 

Then he had another thought. There was still time to take a different approach. Spider-Man swung around the building corner, and down to the street. He changed to Peter Parker, and then ran into the alley, to find the muggers pocketing Betty’s valuables. Peter ran towards them, admonishing himself to use just enough strength to defeat them, without showing his spider agility and super strength.

 

He grabbed the first mugger, and saw a fist swinging towards him. With his spider sense, Peter perceived the movement as occurring in slow motion. He pivoted the man’s body, causing the blow to glance off his body. Then he hit the man hard, sending him flying away from Betty.

 

The second thug struck at him too, but Peter dodged his approach altogether, and then kicked at the man’s hip, knocking him over altogether. He removed the wallet and jewellery from their pockets, and returned it to Betty.

 

“Now beat it, and don’t ever come near her again!” said Peter.

 

They grunted and staggered away.

 

“Peter! If you hadn’t come along, I’d…”

 

She was crying now, and he held her close to him.

 

“It’s over for good. They won’t be back.”

 

“But what were you doing around here at this time?” she asked.

 

“To be honest, I was wondering why someone I care for so much wouldn’t give me a chance. I found myself thinking it through in the most relevant part of town, near the office where I met you.”

 

“I’m sorry, Peter.”

 

“Is it that I’m too young to be attractive to you?”

 

“No. Not at all.”

 

“You were seriously thinking of going to the formal with me, weren’t you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So whatever discouraged you is something you can tell me.”

 

“I don’t want to cause you any …”

 

She found it difficult to implicate Aunt May.

 

“What could you cause me, but happiness?”

 

“It’s your Aunt. She wasn’t happy with me seeing you.”

 

“Aunt May. It’s one thing for her to put a curfew on my time out in her house. It’s another to warn off the girl I love,” said Peter.

 

He had been obedient and loyal to Aunt May, partly out of natural respect, and partly out of guilt for the callous decision he had once made, which had cost his Uncle Ben his life. This time he wanted to assert himself.

 

“Betty, I love you. I could go out with Gwen. I could go out with Mary Jane. Both are attractive girls, but I wouldn’t be IN LOVE. I’ve only felt that for you. If you still don’t feel the same way enough to give me a chance, I won’t push you. But either way, I am going to speak my mind to Aunt May.”

 

Something struck a chord in Betty Brant’s heart.

 

“He risked his life for me tonight, because he really loves me,” she thought, “He’s going to stand up to his only supportive relative, because he really loves me. I’ve been too quick to dismiss him. For a 16 year old school child, he’s so much more mature than J Jonah Jameson.”

 

Betty looked into Peter’s eyes and saw the sincerity of his declaration of his feelings.

 

“I’m sorry I missed the formal, Peter. Will you give ME another chance?”

 

“Abolutely. And don’t worry about Aunt May. If it comes down to it, I’d move in with Harry Osborn permanently. Other people don’t decide my relationships for me, only you.”

 

“I never imagined you could fight like that,” said Betty.

 

“I hope I never need to again. Would you like to come into my place for coffee on your way home?”

 

Betty was about to say, “But what about your Aunt?”

 

Then she checked herself. This was an opportunity to see if Peter really was going to prevent his Aunt’s dominance from over riding their relationship.

 

“I’d like that,” said Betty.

 

They made their way to Peter’s house, well within his curfew time, and he took Betty to the kitchen, and made some coffee. Aunt May came down the stairs, while they were drinking it. He would avoid telling her, that he knew she’d spoken to Betty. He would state his feelings for her before his Aunt, defending the girl’s right to be with him and showing he had no reason to side line Betty in his Aunt’s favour.

 

“Miss Brant. I was given to understand-“ began Aunt May.

 

“I have an announcement to make,” said Peter, as though he had no idea of the previous tension between the two women, “I’m in love with Betty, and I’ve asked her to be my steady girlfriend. I’ve never been this happy since Uncle Ben was alive.”

 

“Oh,” said Aunt May, removing the caustic look which she had been giving Betty.

 

Something told May Parker that this would not be the time to attempt any assertion of authority. Her nephew had clearly set his sights on Betty, far more seriously than she had first realised.

 

“I made some cake today, dear. Would you and Peter like to have some?”

 

“Good old Aunt May,” he thought, “She recovers well.”

 

“Thank you,” said Betty, “That would be nice.”

 

Peter thanked his aunt too, and she served them both some cake on small saucers.

 

“I’ll leave you two young people to talk down here. It’s time I turned into bed,” said May.

 

Peter wanted to leave the two together briefly, and said he had to check something on his computer quickly. He left the room.

 

“I’m sorry dear,” said May, “Sometimes I think I know best, when I don’t always. I was wrong this time.”

 

“He’s worth looking after,” said Betty.

 

Peter returned, and said goodnight to his aunt. He led Betty to the couch, and they sat and talked. Peter didn’t know it, but he had just been tested and passed Betty’s test.

 

“You’re quite a guy, Peter.”

 

“If you’d met me a year ago, I might not have seemed very mature. I think my Uncle Ben’s death, and meeting you have changed me so much.”

 

Not to mention acquiring the proportionate speed and strength of a spider.

 

Betty looked into his eyes, but made no moves. He asked himself whether she would think it was too soon, if he kissed her. Would she feel pressured? He had just saved her from robbery and who knows what else. What was she thinking?

 

He did his best to get into her head. Then it came to him. Betty was waiting for another sign that he was not too immature for her. She wanted Peter to take the lead, like an adult man. She wanted him to make the first move.

 

Nervously, but hopefully, Peter put his hand gently around her upper arms, and leaned in slowly. He would give her a chance to pull away and resist his advance, just in case he had guessed wrongly about her expectations at this point. He did not want her thinking that he presumed any privilege because of his rescue.

 

Betty was not flinching. She had closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side a little.

 

Peter slowly and pleasantly kissed a beautiful woman who had once told him he was at least four years too young for her. He took his hands off her arms, and she put her arms around him, and went with the kiss with enthusiasm. He hugged her tightly and felt the sweet feminine softness of her face. She had treated him as something more than the insignificant whipping boy that her blustering hypocritical employer had considered Peter to be.

 

He loved her. All of this put a new slant on his Spider-Man career. Now it meant something to be coming home with a future partner in his thoughts. Perhaps the Avengers and the Fantastic Four and the other teams of super heroes had enough members well equipped to take up the slack. He would help fight super villains on occasions, but he hadn’t asked to be bitten by a radioactive spider. He had asked Betty to be with him, and kept asking until she’d said yes. Admittedly his spider powers had opened the door to the development of this opportunity to be with her, but he had a life of his own to lead. Spider-Man took direction from Peter Parker. It should not be the other way around.

 

It was the 21st century. Much greater age differences in such relationships were now common place, with the term ‘Cougar’ and the phrase ‘toy boy’ being used as regular components of the English language.

 

Peter and Betty began dating frequently, and she was proud to be seen with him at his next school social function. Jonah Jameson become strangely more endearing towards the boy, having seen the happiness in his secretary’s eyes and observed the reason.

 

All in all, things were looking up for Peter Parker.

 

Betty had her 21st Birthday in a few weeks, and held a big party with people from the office and various other friends invited to her apartment. She was proud to show Peter off and dance with him publicly, now that he had proved the depth of his feelings for her.

 

When all of the guests had gone home, except for Peter, Betty asked if he’d like to stay the night on the couch. He thanked her, and called Aunt May to explain. His Aunt had seen how the boy had grown up in his defence of his romance with Betty, and had begun to allow him a lot more autonomy.

 

“So Peter, how many months until you’re 17?” she asked.

 

“Another six,” he said, “Do you mind being five years older than me for a while?”

 

“No,” she said, “Besides, you’re a science student. You know it really means I’m 4 ½ years older than you all the time.”

 

“I think it’s lovely,” said Peter.

 

“Of course it also means, that for the next three years, you’re a teenager dating a woman in her twenties.”

 

“Yes,” he said shyly, and then went silent.

 

“What are you thinking?” she asked at last.

 

“I just hope that you feel as lucky about it as I do,” he said.

 

“I will if you kiss me,” said Betty, and Peter enjoyed granting that request.

A week later, Peter Parker was swinging through the city one night in his Spider-Man costume, when he noticed something moving on one of the walls of the buildings. It looked like a man in a black outfit, with a white spider emblem on the back.

 

“Maybe some guy with suction cups wants his own cartoon show,” thought Spider-Man, “It should would be much quicker to draw and colour hundreds of frames of his outfit than all the detailed black web lines on the red parts of my outfit.”

 

Spider-Man swung into the side of the building.

 

“Hey there, pal. I guess I just lost my monopoly on wall-crawling. What will my fans think of me now?”

 

The man made a strange noise, and turned his head towards Spider-Man, and gave him the shock of his life.

The costume was empty. There was simply nobody in it. He couldn’t see inside it, but it was simply flat and couldn’t possibly have a human body in it.

 

“Bond with symbiote, Spider-being,” it said.

 

With that the costume climbed onto Spider-Man’s back.

 

“I’m sorry to be rude to the headless Spider-Man, but I’ve just started the romance I’ve always wanted, and I’m not really into male bonding … You are male, aren’t you?”

The costume said nothing. Apparently it was where it wanted to be.

 

“Alright, I’m also a science student. I’ll take you home and analyse you later when I’ve got time,” he said, and swung back to his own neighbourhood, through the window and into his room.

 

He took the empty costume off his back.

 

“I’ve got it,” he whispered, “Jameson paid Stilwell to invent a remote controlled self inflating Spider-Man balloon and sent it out to discredit me. The nerve of the guy, when he’s the one whose moustache makes him look like Adolf or Saddam. It’s my underwear drawer for you. I always thought my foes were becoming more empty headed every day.”

 

He put the costume in his drawer, locked it, took off his own Spider-Man costume, slipped into a pair of pyjama shorts and climbed into bed. It wasn’t cold enough to wear anything else, and he felt more comfortable without clothing after spending half the night exerting himself in tight leotard like material.

In the morning, Peter Parker awoke to find that he was wearing the black Spider-Man costume, and remembered its request to bond.

 

“Looks like I’ve made a friend,” he said, “But I can’t go to school like this.”

 

Suddenly the costume seemed to pluck the image of his college clothes from his mind and actually changed its appearance to resemble them, leaving nothing over his head where the mask had been. It was as if the mask had retracted down to become nothing more than the neck of his sweater.

 

Peter went to school, and was on his way home at the end of the day, when he saw the Black Cat swinging through the city on some lines that she shot from a device on her wrists. She could retract each one in turn and fire it again after the other had been used. Police cars were following her.

The Black Cat had just robbed a jewellery store of a fortune in tiny diamonds, which would not take up much space in the small bag she had tied to her belt.

 

Darting into an alley, Peter willed his costume to take on its black Spider-Man outfit appearance, and then began web shooting his way after the Black Cat. Both of them soon lost the police completely, and the Black Cat tried to speed up to lose Spider-Man. Yet the costume seemed to make him stronger than before, and faster too.

 

He was soon within a meter of the Black Cat, and about to put out his free arm to grab her in mid air, when the costume suddenly shrank him down to the size of a real spider. He was still a human being, but a very small one.

Oh the things we Marvel fans do for our readers here at giantessworld.  Excelsior! See ya. Face front true believer.

He could not halt his swing towards the Black Cat, and he suddenly realised he didn’t want to. The costume was giving him a way to catch her. He swung directly into the Black Cat’s hair and landed just beside the back of her cheek.

 

She felt a slight touch and looked back, but saw that Spider-Man seemed to have disappeared.

 

“Must be the wind,” she mused aloud, “I guess the Spider-Man couldn’t keep up with me in it. Maybe a girl just has to let her hair flap around sometimes.”

 

The Black Cat swung to her own home, and lifted her hands towards her face.

 

“She’s going to try to grab me,” thought Spider-Man.

 

Then he saw that she was about to remove her mask.

Spider-Man knew exactly what to do. He grabbed a large handful of her hair tresses and swung them around both her forearms, using his enhanced Spider strength to draw her wrists together. Then he used her hair to tie her wrists tightly. She was as good as handcuffed by her own hair, and in a very difficult position.

He stood, sticking tight to the results of his handiwork, and looked into her relatively gigantic angry face.

 

“Spider-Man!” she said, “So I didn’t lose you back there. I don’t know how you got this new shrinking power, but you untie me now, you little pestilence!”

 

“Now, now, darkest kitty. You should watch your mouth, or your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man will have to wash your mouth out with scope.”

 

“Stop making smart retorts and get ME out of my hair, you little clown-“

 

Just as she said the word clown, opening her mouth wide, Spider-Man dived into her mouth and landed on her tongue. His costume had retracted into apparent nothingness during the dive, presumably to keep itself from being saturated in tongue water. He suddenly found himself lying on her tongue with nothing but his pyjama shorts to cover him. The costume was covering only the back part of the shorts that was facing the roof of her mouth.

 

He began to carry out his threat, and rubbed her tongue with his hands, to simulate a washing motion. Then she suddenly moved her tongue and did her level best to draw him into her throat. Even at that size, his enhanced Spider strength was too much for her. He fought against her tongue and won, and then forced her mouth open again, climbed out, and climbed down her struggling body to the floor, noticing that his costume was now fully covering him again, and had been from the moment that he left her mouth.

 

“I’ll step on you and crush you like the bug you are!” shouted the Black Cat.

 

Spider-Man jumped a little, and back flipped to avoid her, as the Black Cat raised her huge foot and brought it down, missing him by inches and stomping hard into the carpet.

They continued with similar motions for a while, until she finally managed to step down on him. He felt the tremendous pressure of her stockinged foot pressing down on him, and used all his enhanced Spider strength to push against it.

Is the Black Cat starting a crusade to stamp out super heroes? Nuff said?

“Even if I get this foot off me, she’ll just try to squish me with the other one!” he thought, and realised that the only safe place to be was on top of the other foot.

 

“I guess you’re keener than me to take our relationship to the next STEP-ON,” said Spider-Man, and finally heaved the foot off himself, and pounced his way onto her other foot, before she could raise it any higher.

 

“I guess we just got off on the wrong foot,” said Spider-Man, and reached around her ankle with his arms and tied a web line to it. Then he swung around her other leg and snared it in the web line as well, and pulled both feet together and tied her tight.

The Black Cat fell to the ground and he looked side on at her angry mouth.

 

“Alright, you’ve beaten me,” she said, “I’m sorry I tried to stamp on you. It was just the heat of our combat. Maybe I can still make it worth your while to let me go.”

 

“Sorry, but diamonds aren’t a Spider-Man’s best friend,” he said.

 

“I wasn’t thinking of the diamonds,” said the Black Cat, “Maybe I can give you something you’d really enjoy at that size.”

 

“A giant massage! You’re too kind, but I won’t take that LYING DOWN,” said Spider-Man.

 

“Always with the jokes, but I meant this,” said the Black Cat.

 

Before he knew what was happening, she had brought her relatively giant lips towards him and kissed his tiny face and upper body. How was he feeling that? Then he realised that her eyes couldn’t see him while her lips were so close, that the costume had known this and retracted again, to enable him to feel the sensation of her giant kiss.

He quickly retreated as the costume reformed around him.

 

“Sorry, but no Kitty Kissy for me,” he said, unwilling to put Betty at risk by telling the Black Cat that she was his girlfriend.

 

“Why? Are you and Spider-Woman seeing each other?” asked the Black Cat.

 

“Never even met her,” said Spider-Man, “But think of that bag of diamonds which the cops are going to find you with. I couldn’t encourage you to STEAL it with a kiss, now could I?”

 

Spider-Man suddenly found himself able to will the costume to restore his size. Then he picked up her telephone, called the police and gave them the address, which he found typed on a bill addressed to a Felicia Hardy sitting on the table.

 

“You stay there, web slinger. You’re wanted too, whatever Captain Stacy thinks,” said the officer.

 

“I know I’m wanted, but let’s face it, officer: the Black Cat’s really not my type,” said Spider-Man, “Enjoy the arrest. I’ve got to swing.”

 

Spider-Man hung up and swung out of the building and back to the alley. His backpack was still webbed to a high wall where he’d left it, where nobody could get at it. He resumed his Peter Parker appearance and went home to do his homework.

So I rang Stan and asked, "Why don't we have him tell Betty that his pyjama shorts got ...?"

Two weeks later, Spider-Man was swinging through the city again, when his heart sank. He swung past the balcony of a restaurant on the top floor of a skyscraper building and saw Betty Brant having dinner with Ned Leeds.

 

He couldn’t confront her as Spider-Man. He had to do it as Peter Parker. It was still early evening. He kept tabs on them until Ned dropped her off at home at 10:00 pm and left. Spider-Man changed to Peter Parker and went up to her apartment and knocked on the door. Betty opened it and gaped in surprise.

 

“Peter! It’s very late,” she said in her sleeveless nightdress.

 

She had grown her hair long in the months that they had started dating. It now fell almost to her shoulders. The combination of her hairstyle and that dress made her look more beautiful than ever. He had to win her back.

 

“We have to talk,” he said softly, “I … saw you with Ned at the restaurant tonight.”

 

“How?” she asked, “I didn’t see you there.”

 

“I was outside. You know how I take pictures of Spider-Man for J.J.”

 

“I thought I saw Spider-Man swing past,” said Betty, “Come in.”

 

He entered and she shut the door and walked to her bedroom and sat on her bed. Peter sat beside her.

 

“Peter, I like you, and I know you like me. Yet you’ve stood me up so many times, even run out in the middle of dates. You make a lot of money off our common employer by selling the pictures you get of Spider-Man, but I would have thought that, after all your speeches about loving me, that you’d put our nights ahead of some excuse to run off and shoot more Spider-Man snaps.”

 

“Betty, you don’t understand. Spider-Man has to do what he does, for the good of the city.”

 

“But YOU don’t have to document it around the clock,” said Betty.

 

“I guess it’s time I trusted you with everything,” said Spider-Man, “If I don’t, then I couldn’t blame you for leaving me if you did.”

 

He willed his costume to take on its Spider-Man costume look. Betty stared in surprise.

 

“You’re Spider-Man! No wonder you could fight off those thugs the night we got together.”

 

“Yes, but I’ll do anything to keep you, Betty. Some of my new powers are in this costume. If you don’t want me to be Spider-Man, I’ll give the costume to some non-powered Super Hero, and he can replace Spidey.”

 

“Do you like being Spider-Man?”

 

“Most of the time.”

 

“Then I wouldn’t want you to give up part of who you are. I just want you to share everything with me.”

 

“I guess you did start seeing Ned because I kept secrets. From now on, I want to tell you everything,” said Peter, “including this.”

 

He willed the costume to shrink him to tiny size and then retract again.

 

“It’s amazing!” she said, “You look cute in those PJ shorts too!”

 

“You think so?”

 

“Definitely,” she said, lying down on the bed, “How about you show me your acrobatic skills?”

You're in for a real treat today, and so is Betty Brant. This time our web slinging hero uses his climbing powers like never before. Don't go away...

He jumped, somersaulted in mid air, and landed on her stomach.

Betty put her spare pillow on top of the other one, and sat up in bed, leaning against the pillows which rested against the wall of the room.

 

“Let’s see how well you can climb,” she said.

 

Peter climbed up her dress until he got near her chest.

 

“Don’t be shy, little Spider-Boy. I thought Super Heroes would surmount any obstacle.”

 

He accepted the implied invitation and kept on climbing until he had surmounted her appealing obstacles and reached her shoulder.

 

“That was nice,” she said, “I still can’t believe Spider-Man is just a boy, let alone one I’ve been dating.”

 

“JUST a boy.”

 

“In a cute sweet kind of ‘just’ way. Is there anything you’ve wanted to do with me at this size?” she asked.

 

Peter immediately recalled the Black Cat’s kiss. It had been physically pleasurable, but lacked the joy of doing it with the girl he loved.

 

“Could you kiss me? Your lips will be so big now.”

 

Betty steadied him with her hand and pressed her lips to him again and again, each time for periods of several seconds.

 

They enjoyed this for nearly an hour, and then the costume started making strange noises.

 

“I think my costume needs to go to the Little Spiders Room,” said Peter.

 

“Spider-being now bond with other!” snarled the costume.

 

Suddenly the costume removed itself, and ran across the bed.

 

“Okay! I get it. You’re jealous, but don’t leave me at this size!” said Peter, and ran across the bed after the costume.

 

Before he could catch it, it fired its own webbing all the way up to the roof, and swung over to the windowsill, lifted the window a little and swung out into the night. Betty picked up Peter and ran to the window, opened it fully and looked out.

 

“It’s nowhere to be seen,” she said.

 

“But I’ll never get my size back,” said Peter.

 

“It looks that way.”

 

“I can’t even get home. Can I stay the night?” he asked.

 

“Of course you can,” she said.

 

Betty closed the window and lay down in bed, letting Peter rest on the pillow beside her lovely giant eyes.

 

“It’s funny how things work out,” she said in an amused tone of voice, “I was getting serious with Ned. I was wondering how to break it off with you, when you knocked on my door. After you shared your secret, I spent the rest of the night wondering how to break if off with Ned. Now it looks like I’m back to wondering what to do about you.”

 

“Do you mean you’d rather be with Ned now?”

 

“I think I do,” she said.

 

“Oh Betty, being with you is the only thing that would make being tiny worthwhile for me.”

 

“But it wouldn’t make it worthwhile for me, Peter. Still, maybe your change of size is not without its compensations.”

 

“I don’t see how.”

 

Betty moved her mouth towards him, and he saw the first centimetre of her tongue come out and press against his face.

So who needs other Super Hero guest stars? We think this one tells itself.

To him it seemed like a lot more than a centimetre. This gorgeous older woman was touching him with the front of a tongue which was three times the width of his head.

 

“That WAS nice!” said Peter, not sure how this would fit in with her plans to stay with Ned.

 

“I thought so too,” said Betty, “In fact it’s giving me ideas.”

 

Peter knew it was important not to tell her that he had been inside the Black Cat’s mouth. He had done that as part of his banter and puns, to teach her a lesson, not realising that his costume would retract and leave him surprisingly pleased by the feel of her tongue. If Betty wanted to entertain herself with similar feats, he might yet prove to her that his size would make him a more appealing long term partner than Ned.

 

“What might those ideas be?” he asked, in the first tone of raised hope since she’d mentioned the possibility of staying with Ned.

 

Betty beamed adorably at him.

 

“There was a young lady who swallowed a Spider.

He wriggled and heard how she giggled, inside her.

She swallowed the Spider: a really cute guy,

Who’d somehow become only two inches high,” she said.

 

“Swallowed! Betty it won’t work. I can only stick to dry surfaces. I could never climb back up your wet throat and out again.”

 

“I should certainly hope not,” said Betty, “If you did that, I might as well not have eaten you.”

 

“But Betty, you can’t do this to me!”

 

“Actually I can’t do it to Ned. I can most easily do it to you. I think I can sleep with the light on for one night. Would you like to enjoy the view out here for the last time?”

 

“Yes,” he said in desperation, “I never thought you’d do this, not even during that time when you turned me down.”

 

“Well I never thought my boyfriend was a shrinking Spider-Man until tonight,” said Betty, “I guess you’ll have a chance to think about it in my tummy after breakfast. Goodnight, cutey.”

 

She gave him what might well be his last kiss, and shut her eyes. He stared at her beauty in surprise at all that had happened that evening. Then he climbed off the back of the pillow and started making his way up the wall. The roof would be the only place that she couldn’t get at him.

 

 

He kept looking down at her beautiful face, as his hands and knees or feet would stick to the wall’s surface. She looked lovely, sleeping peacefully like that, no doubt dreaming of the pleasure she would have from eating him in the morning.

Then he saw her yawn and looked down into her mouth. Betty’s mouth was beautiful. If not for the danger it represented, he would have loved to move around inside it. He only realised that now. In a short time, he had become aware of the properties of giantess dating. He would have to stick to the roof all night and then wait her out until she went to work in the morning.

I don't know why she swallowed the Spider,

That friendly neighbourhood secret confider.

Excelsior!

Welcome back to the Marvel Reduction Hour. Back in the 1960s, when Marvel first started the Spectacular Spider-Man comic, Stan never dreamed of the SIZE of such a great BODY of work, but perhaps we did. See ya!

While Betty was at work, he could plan some other way to get out of her apartment. He wondered if his ordinairy Spider strength could lift the window now.

Betty closed her mouth, but then she opened her eyes. She turned her head and couldn’t see him on the pillow. Then she looked around, until she saw him climbing the wall. She stood up on the bed, as he scrambled just out of her reach. Betty grabbed a pillow and swung it at him, swatting him off the wall and catching him in her free hand.

 

“Did I hurt you, little Petey?” she asked.

 

“No, my Spider power saved me from the impact,” he said, and struggled to break her grip.

 

It was impossible now. At that size, and without the costume, his ordinairy Spider strength could not move her relatively gigantic fingers. She sat back down in the bed, leaning against both pillows.

 

“Did you really think you could crawl out of this new stage in our relationship?” she asked, reminding him of one of the quips he’d made to the Black Cat.

 

He decided to respond in kind.

 

“You were driving me up the wall,” he said.

 

Betty giggled hysterically.

 

“Teensy weensie Spider climbed up to Betty’s neck.

Betty used her pouting lips to give his face a peck.

Then, once Petey Spider had made her tongue a boat

Complete with its own water, she gulped him down her throat,” said Betty.

 

Before he could respond, she began licking him, this time using her whole tongue. There was no point in fighting against this, and he was enjoying it anyway … until it stopped.

 

“Wasn’t that at least a somewhat enjoyable preview?” she asked.

 

“Betty I loved it,” he said.

 

“Good! It’s time to make all good rhymes come true,” said Betty, “I’m sure you’ll be a Spectacular Spider-Meal.”

 

“No! Please Betty, no!” he called.

 

“Come into my parlour said the giantess to the Spider Boy,” Betty laughed.

 

“Am I supposed to just take this while you Brant and crave?” said Peter.

 

“All the better to eat you with, Little Red Spidey Food,” said Betty.

 

She opened her mouth and pushed him into it. He fought to no avail with all his Spider strength and then her teeth shut tight, stranding him on her tongue. She began to wrestle him with her tongue, trying to force him towards her throat. He had the strength to fight against it a little, but his other costume was gone now, and her tongue was so moist and slippery.

 

He finally lost all his grip and slid into Betty’s throat. Peter felt the movements as Betty swallowed eagerly, and he felt himself sliding down, down, further into the depths of her throat.

 

“It’s ironic,” he thought, “JJ would give her a huge raise and a promotion, if she told him she’d eaten Spider-Man, but she’ll never be able to err … cough up that LITTLE fact. If I were a Betty man, I’d say she’ll be sitting at her desk not bothered in the least by what’s happened to me.”

 

Betty lay down. He felt the change in position, and lay down himself and felt himself dwindling away in her tummy.

 

Chapter End Notes:

This one was for you fans. Many of you ... or at least the World's Greatest Reviewer Carycomic will no doubt write in with a brilliant idea for a sequel, and if you're really lucky, he'll even write the story too.

Carycomic does indeed seem to have a sequel in mind, and you can see it in Chapter 12 of his story "Cary's Comic Drabbles."