- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer:  The Witchcraft Works manga is written by Ryu Mizunagi and published by Kodansha.  The anime is brought to you by the publishing studio J.C. Staff and streamed to North America via Crunchyroll.  The anime director is Tsutomu Mizushima.  Consult Wikipedia for more details on who deserves the credit.  This fanfic is strictly for entertainment purposes.

For now, I'm rating this story at PG, though I might end up raising it to R at a later point, depending on how intimate I plan on making the romance parts of this fanfic.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Pretty self-explanatory.  Basic rundown of the characters within the Witchcraft Works universe.  I might end up adding more that those listed, but haven't made up my mind just yet.  Again, consult the Witchcraft Works wiki on fandom.com, check Wikipedia, read the manga or watch the anime if you're curious to learn more.

From what I've looked through, specific character heights aren't mentioned (aside from Ayaka's height on some websites) so the numbers I came up with are admittedly arbitrary.

Witch Craft Works - Characters


Honoka Takamiya:  2nd-year student in high school at Tougetsu Academy.  Shorter than the average male (I’m putting him at 5’4” in this fanfic) with slim build (lacking muscle).  Short, dark brown scruffy hair.  Brownish eyes.  Fair facial features bordering on feminine.  Solitary-minded personality who generally doesn’t socialize much.  Considers himself an average student who doesn’t stand out.  Generally kind-hearted and wants to help others who are being bullied or unfairly targeted.  Serves as the container/vessel for the being known as Evermillion.  Harbors feelings towards Ayaka Kagari, but is reluctant/too nervous to act on them.


Ayaka Kagari:  2nd-year student in high school and Honoka’s fellow classmate/housemate. Towering height (197 cm, or 6’5.5’’ according to TV Tropes) and a well-developed and curvaceous, model-like figure (G-cup breasts).  Long black hair.  Greenish eyes.  Generally muted expression on her face that rarely changes aside from when she is angered.  Soft-spoken demeanor in terms of her personality.  Revered in Honoka’s high school, dubbed with the title of “Princess” as she is the best student in school in academics and upstanding behavior.  Lives at Honoka’s house and closely watches over and protects him.  Serves as a Workshop Witch and is very proficient in the use of fire-themed magic and hand-to-hand combat.  Also uses a broom as her battle weapon from time-to-time in witch mode.  Harbors strong romantic feelings towards Honoka.


Kasumi Takamiya:  Honoka’s younger sister and a junior high student at Tougetsu Academy.  Dark pink/magenta neck-length hair (regularly wears a dark pink headband) and matching colored eyes.  Serves as a Workshop Witch.  Has a strong brother complex towards Honoka to the point of wanting to marry him.  Becomes jealous whenever Honoka spends too much time around other girls.  Has a stuffed teddy bear named Macaron who serves as her familiar.  Considered shorter than Honoka (I’m putting her at 5’2”)


Kazane Kagari:  Ayaka’s (adoptive) mother, head Workshop witch of Tougetsu City, and principal/headmistress of Tougetsu Academy.  Like Ayaka, she is also tall (I’m putting her at 6’7” in this case) and has a stunning figure.  Turns out to be several hundreds of years old (going back as far as the Crusades) but maintains a youthful appearance.  Short, dark red hair with half of it dyed pink (on her right side) and styled so that it usually covers over her right eye.  Greenish-brown eyes.  Grows a sort of “oni horn” that protrudes out of her forehead when she’s either very angry or preparing for a serious fight.  Tends to wear business-like attire (suits, dress shirts, high heels, etc.).  Occasional smoker.  Very powerful workshop witch (especially in terms of raw physical strength) who can undo vast amounts of magically-related damage throughout Tougetsu City.  Trained Ayaka to become the powerful witch that she is.  Tends to be vocal and outspoken in her behavior, especially when criticizing others, but does have a gentler side to her.  Has a familiar/servant name Ofuku, which is effectively a chibi-like automaton dressed in a pink, traditional kimono, has twin pigtails, has two faces that alternate depending on her mood, and normally sits on a small floating cloud.


Kyoichiro Mikage:  Chemistry teacher at Tougetsu Academy and also secretly a wizard/mage (male equivalent to a witch).  Tall and lean figure (I’m putting him at 6’0” even).  Generally friendly and easy-going in his behavior.  Dabbles in extensive magical research when he’s not busy with his school-related duties (including serving as assistant faculty to Tougetsu Academy’s student council).  Takes an interest in Honoka Takamiya as the vessel/container to Evermillion.  Specializes in memory erasure in order to hide the existence of magic from the outside world.  Short, dark blue hair styled in “bed head” fashion.  Dark blue eyes.  Regularly wears thick-framed glasses.


Touko Hio:  High school student at Tougetsu Academy and secretly a Workshop Witch.  Labeled as being “average” in height (so I’m putting her at 5’5”) and has a voluptuous build comparable to Ayaka’s figure.  Soft-spoken and kind-hearted in her nature.  Light blue hair which is curled at the tips.  Brown eyes.  Specializes in ice-themed magic.  Very fond of being Ayaka’s friend despite Ayaka being somewhat distant towards her.  Has a large family (including 11 younger siblings), so she works part-time jobs to help support them.  Member of Tougetsu Academy’s student council (former vice-president before being demoted).


Rinon Otometachibana:  Freshman high school student at Tougetsu Academy and secretly a Workshop Witch.  Short and lean stature (I’m putting her at 5’2”).  Specializes in hand-to-hand combat.  Combative and menacingly outspoken by her very nature, tends to speak rudely and with profanity at times (though she can be civil when the situation demands it).  Regularly wears a rather odd and eccentric yellow hoodie over her school uniform.  Short, dark green hair.  Purple-colored eyes with white crosses in the center.  Nicknamed “Bear Killer,” after supposedly strangling a tiger named “Lucky Bear” to death.  Her physical strength is great, but likely nowhere near Ayaka’s in terms of raw power.


Komachi Takamiya:  Honoka and Kasumi’s mother.  Average height and modest build (I’m putting her at 5’3”).  Very kind-hearted and accommodating to a fault (bordering on doormat).  Long, dark-brown hair which she has styled into a braid.  Brownish eyes.  Works in an office job.  Doesn’t seem to be aware of the existence of magic.  Graduated from Tougetsu Academy and has a history with Kazane during her student years.  Tends to emotionally shut down and become lethargic whenever she is too harshly criticized.


Tanpopo Kuraishi:  Student at Tougetsu Academy and secretly a Tower Witch.  Short, dark blonde hair and light brown eyes.  Not entirely human as she appears to have actual cat ears emanating from the top of her head.  Has a somewhat incendiary temperament and is quick to anger, especially when she loses a fight.  Commands an army of robotic bunny soldiers as her familiars/henchmen (can summon them using her ability as a “shikigami user” to transform small paper dolls into her bunnies).  Acts as the de facto leader of her group known as the KMM Gang or the “Ivory Quintet,” though she’s not particularly bright.  Modest figure and around average height (I’m putting her at 5’4”).


Rin Kazari:  Tougetsu Academy student, Tower Witch, and a member of the Ivory Quintet.  Soft-spoken in her nature and doesn’t talk very much.  Small, petite build (I’m putting her at 5’2”).  Short brown hair & matching colored eyes (think Mikoto Misaka from “A Certain Magical Railgun” to give you an idea for those familiar with that anime).  Seems to dabble in bone-themed necromancy using her ability known as “Bone Animator.”  Also wields a scythe in her Tower Witch mode.


Kanna Utsugi:  Tougetsu Academy student, Tower Witch, and member of the Ivory Quintet.  Around average height (putting her at 5’3”) and a modest build.  Bright caramel colored hair tied up into twintails with blue ribbon.  Wears thin-framed glasses.  Naturally all-white eyes.  While her face tends to show either a tired or annoyed look most of the time, she tends to convey regular emotions across the spectrum.  In her witch mode, she can summon forth and control demons using a large book named “Black Vice” that she carries over her back.


Kotetsu Katsura:  Tougetsu Academy student, Tower Witch, and member of the Ivory Quintet.  Around average height (putting her at 5’5”) and a somewhat shapely build.  Black hair & blue eyes.  Member of the school kendo club in her free time.  Her demeanor comes off as somewhat serious, but she can be surprisingly gentle and friendly in private.  Utilizes a katana when in her witch mode.


Mei Menowa:  Tougetsu Academy student, Tower Witch, and member of the Ivory Quintet.  Tallest and most curvaceous member of the group (around a D-cup and putting her at 5’7”).  Green & wavy shoulder-length hair.  Wears a decorative metallic eyepatch over her right eye.  Comes off as intimidating and ruthless in her overall demeanor, but can be surprisingly feminine at times, especially when it comes to intimate moments between herself and Ayaka.  In her witch mode, she wears a complete wolf pelt called “Coast Fenrir,” which serves as an extra appendage and battle weapon.  Also has the ability to pass through walls and create defensive barriers.


Evermillion:  An ancient and very powerful fire witch capable of harnessing people’s souls.  Resides sealed within Honoka Takamiya back when he was very young.  Takes the form of a very tall and busty princess (I’m guessing well over 7 feet in height with a bust comparable to Ayaka’s, Kazane’s, and Touko’s).  Nicknamed “White Princess”.  Skin is pinkish white and wears a very decorative and royal-looking ballroom gown, fancy jewelry, high heeled platform shoes, and a cartoonishly small crown as well.  Pointed ears like those of an elf, very long fingernails, very long pinkish-white hair (extends down near her feet), and red eyes.  Has a generally playful attitude, especially towards Honoka.  Five seals used in order to contain her within Honoka.


Chronoire Schwarz VI:  A powerful Tower Witch who has a long history with Kazane.  Implied that she is at least a few centuries old at a bare minimum, though despite her age her appearance is very youthful and comes off as sweetly endearing (almost child-like).  Slightly pinkish-red hair, usually tied up into twin braids (goes down to her shoulder blades), button nose, and pointed chin with otherwise regular facial features.  Short height and petite build (I put her at no taller than 5’0” tops).  Black eyes with yellow highlights.  Mischievously playful in her overall demeanor.  Appears very knowledgeable about Evermillion being sealed within Honoka.  Serves as interim headmistress of Tougetsu Academy in Kazane’s absence from time to time.  Has a familiar called Sebastian (aka “King of the Crocodiles”), who takes the form of an intelligent crocodile humanoid dressed in businessman attire and is effectively her right-hand man.  Wears a light brown trench coat, black stockings, black knee-high boots, and a comically small top hat.  When in witch mode, she appears to have power over water and all things related to the sea.  Can also transform into a sort of reptilian-humanoid when engaged in serious battle.


Medusa:  A powerful Tower Witch who serves as the mistress commanding the Ivory Quintet.  Has shoulder-length snake hair (literally snakes!) when in her normal witch mode, but can change her hair to normal human hair when in disguise.  Also has a snake body from the waist down, but can change her appearance to resemble that of a human (meaning two legs).  Arms constantly binded together in the front so as to limit her physical movement (think straight jackets at an insane asylum).  Regularly wears a giant eyepatch that covers both of her eyes.  Fang-like teeth.  Given her namesake, she has the ability to turn other living creatures into stone, even without looking directly at them.  Has a somewhat mischievous nature, but not overly malicious (necessarily); tends to smile most of the time.  Has designs on Evermillion sealed away in Honoka, for she desires to have that power herself.  Height appears to be a rough estimate, but I’m gonna say that in her witch mode, she’s probably 8 ft tall or greater with a sizable bosom (E-cup or F-cup is my guess).  Normally wears a rather fanciful  decorative dress (Oriental/East Asian perhaps?).  Also wears a purple w/white polka dot bow-tie ribbon at the back of her snake-hair.  Commands a very large snake as her familiar.


Atori Kuramine:  Workshop Witch based in Tougetsu City.  Average height (I’m putting her at around 5’6”) with a somewhat shapely build.  Short, light blue hair.  Gray eyes.  Wears small gold earrings in the shape of crosses.  Has rather distinct cat-like features, including cat ears protruding from her head, small fangs protruding from her mouth, and narrow, cat-like eyes.  Loyal and courageous, though she tends to be very shy in public.  Normally speaks through a one-handed ventriloquist doll/puppet she tends to carry around (possibly her familiar).  When in witch mode, she carries two blades as her weapons - a large sword named “Arondight” and a smaller sword named “Abacus Blade.”  Is apparently a distant relative of Ayaka’s.  Also good at sneaking around in general.

Chapter End Notes:

And there's the cast.