- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lol so I was digging around in my old stuff and found my year 6 English book and I found a story I wrote for creative writing. Ironically this is technically my first shrinking story I wrote, which was around the same time I found this site. 

Since I was only 12 when I wrote it won't be as good as the current stuff I write but I still think it deserves to be published    

Mark’s head started spinning. His heart started pumping a million miles per hour. He was now utterly petrified. He had gone next door to borrow some flour. He knew a girl named Penny lived there and that her father was a high-tech scientist. Lately he had been working on some very secretive project that he concealed in his house. That was what had happened to him. It was a shrinking formula that he had clumsily knocked off the garden ledge. Now only 2cm tall he needed help and fast. 

Mark made his way through the luxurious green jungle he once called grass. Stumbling, his face soaked with sweat, he slowly trudged, sadly. Suddenly he spotted out of the corner of his eye, an elephant sized shaggy beast. Mark froze, then crept away slowly. He could definitely interpretate it was a small mouse, but he was minuscule, and mice were known to turn carnivorous. If he could just slip past without noticing……. Too late! The mouse had a hungry gleam in its eyes. It twitched its delicate whiskers. It fixed its eyes on him, before turning from a harmless adorable creature into a vicious blood thirsty monster. And with that it lunged at him. Mark, just in the nick of time managed to dodge those crunching jaws. With razor sharp teeth, saliva dribbling out of its mouth, it tore through the grass trees again. Huge clumps of Earth went everywhere, and Mark was thrown off his feet. He desperately scrambled to a hole in the garden ledge brick wall. The boundary between artificial and natural. Just managing to squeeze through, it was certainly too big for the mouse and in its furious state clawed and snarled at the opening. He sprinted as fast as he could, as far as he could from the beast and plunged himself into the darkness. 

Mark was forced to stop and crawl because it was way too dark to see so he had to feel his way around. Anything could be down here in the vast unknown. Monsters. Insects. Freaks. He was dragging his numbing finger tips along the rugged and bumpy wall, scratching and blistering his fingertips. And in the distance, he saw a sign he thought he would never see; streaming daylight snaking in and eating up the darkness. Ecstatic, Mark ran towards it. Freedom!

Mark’s hopes were crushed when he plummeted a metre down from the opening, to him, and into something much worse. Out of the frying pan, into the fire! It was like he was the unluckiest man on the planet. Right in that place, right at that time, Penny’s glistening red high-heel was right underneath that hole. He thumped onto some damp soggy surface which was soaked with foot sweat. It was even unluckier that it was a high heeled shoe. Because of that slope he took the slide of death and doom and he crashed into the stinking foot tip of the shoe. 

Penny had been peacefully sitting outside on that 40 degrees day and she wanted to go inside. She lifted her left barefoot, glistening with red nail polish. Slipping her slim foot inside firmly, she started to lift the other foot. Mark looked up to see a titanic shape blotting out the sun. He started to panic when he realised it was Penny’s foot. “PENNY, NOOO! I AM IN HERE!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. But his pleas were unheard. The foot came crashing down on top of him, getting compressed by the tip of the shoe and Penny’s big toe. He started to bleed, his blood mixing with Lucy’s foot sweat. He felt another jabbing pain as Penny’s second toe squished him in the left ribs. Now he was getting compressed by three forces. Mark was now soaked in a mixture of blood and foot sweat. Huge gapping gashes tore through his whole body. He had the final strength to scream “PENNY HELP!!”. But no one could hear him. Mark felt like the life was being squeezed out of him and in a literal sense it quite literally was. He opened his eyes one last time to see Penny’s toe shifting, nestling him before even further compression. Mark’s body couldn’t take it anymore and popped, his blood and guts flying everywhere, plopping on her nails and toes. Under her massive mammoth toe were the gooey remains of Mark. 

Penny felt a pop under her toe, completely oblivious to the fact that she had just killed Mark. “There is something in my shoe” she said. “I wonder what it is?” she pondered. She slipped out her sweaty grimy foot and peered inside the shoe. 


Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think