- Text Size +

It was another day in paradise for Evan Pierce.

He was entering his second week of vacation after finalizing his divorce and he was truly enjoying himself for the first time in years. The funniest part about it all was that he wasn't really doing much of anything beyond lazing around the house that he had bought but never got to enjoy.

Evan had considered moving into an apartment downtown and selling the place because he expected it to remind him of all the stupid fights and arguments he and Sam had had over the years but the day movers took away all the shit she had filled the house with, all of those bad memories simply melted away.

He was still technically redecorating but for the most part he had replaced all the furniture she had taken. Sam had kept the place looking like those cold sterile houses rich villainous couples had in movies; shining marble, gleaming metal, and couches that were not only spotless but looked like they had never been sat on at all.

The first thing he had done was buy a few big shaggy rugs to cover up the chilly stone floors that covered most of the first floor. Then he got an enormous sectional sofa that he could actually flop down onto and enjoy the tv that had always hung over their untouched fireplace.

Evan knew that it clashed a little with the house's aesthetic but he didn't care, he wanted the house to actually feel like a home for the first time in eight years. Their first place, the condo they had bought shortly after getting married, had looked like somewhere people lived and based on how she had decorated their house, apparently Sam had always quietly detested that.

She had never seemed uncomfortable in their big cold house but Evan reasoned that was because she came from money. He had almost let her have the place in the divorce but then he remembered that the down payment had come entirely from his accounts after the company he worked for went public. It was bought with the sweat of all his eighty hour weeks coding for a start-up from when they were an office with twelve people working on top of each other to a company that owned multiple buildings across the US and was headquartered in Dublin for tax purposes.

Sam had been the one to convince him that it would be better for them to have their 'dream home' in the burbs rather than to keep living in the condo they had bought in the walkable neighborhood they loved but it was still his money that paid for it.

He wasn't going to get his IPO money back, so he fought tooth and nail for the house.

And so now Evan could truly enjoy it.

The first thing he did after activating his automatic out-of-office email reply and signing out of slack was to dive into the pool that was the only thing he had insisted the house have. He could count the amount of times he had swam in the pool over the past eight years on one hand but since starting his vacation, he had gone in every day like clockwork.

Laps in the late morning, followed by a skin tanning nap on a lounge chair, and then a hearty sandwich when he woke up.

After a week of swimming everyday, he was definitely still sore but Evan thought it was probably a good sign that he was feeling almost pleasantly tingly when he flopped down onto his chair for his post-workout nap. Sleep came almost a little easier than usual but he didn't think anything of it, after all, this was the most stress free his life had been since... ever.

When he woke up though, Evan immediately knew that something was off.

At first, given how groggy he felt, Evan assumed that he had simply slept longer than usual but then he slowly realized that he was lying flat rather than on an incline. It was possible that he had somehow slid downward while he slept but his feet weren't dangling over the edge of the lounge chair nor were they on the ground.

“What the...”

Sitting up, Evan was immediately shocked by what he saw.

The lounge chair stretched out ahead of him and on either side, larger than the huge sofa that now sat in his living room. Stumbling up onto his feet, he found that the arm rests rose almost to his chest and the slanted back of the chair rose much higher. His house loomed like a giant's castle in a fairy tale beyond it, making his jaw drop.

Without thinking, Evan smacked himself as hard as he could in the cheek.

The pain was hot and instant, making him stagger across the springy ground of the lounge chair's stretchy material. “Ow...” he muttered while rubbing his self-inflicted injury, “Ok, I guess I'm not dreaming or maybe that doesn't actually work...”

Stumbling across the lounge chair, Evan found that he was big enough to cautiously lower himself down onto the patio. The sun baked stones warmed his tiny feet while he surveyed the seemingly huge world around him.

“Wait, where are my...” Evan immediately looked down to see that his speedo was still clinging to his frame, “Ok, so obviously I'm dreaming if my clothes are still on me or would it be more embarrassing if I was nude...”

The thought of being naked made him shudder as he realized that if this was really happening, he didn't want to go to any of his neighbors for help in his current state.

“Ok, if this isn't a dream, I need help but if I am dreaming, what the fuck can I do...” He struggled to jumpstart his brain, snapping his fingers and pacing across the patio. Stopping in his tracks, Evan shut his eyes tight and simply tried to will himself bigger.

When he opened his eyes, the world was still enormous in comparison to him.

“Fuck,” he rubbed his eyes and sighed, “Ok, they say you don't have your phone in your dreams, so either it won't be where I left it in the kitchen or it will be and I'll need to call my doctor's office...”

Walking toward the house, Evan couldn't help but crane his neck back further and further as the back door seemed to loom larger and larger. The closer he got, the more Evan wondered how he would be able to open it at all, “Oh God, please tell me I didn't close it all the way, please...”

The cry of joy that burst out of him when he saw the open space between the door and its frame launched Evan into a sprint, his tiny feet slapping loudly against first the warm patio and then the cool stone of the kitchen floor.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Evan stood up straight when he heard a strange noise coming from the back yard.

It was a metallic rattling followed by a heavy scraping noise.

The realization that it was the gate in his fence being opened made him jump in surprise.

“What the fuck...” he muttered.

Moving toward the sliding glass door, Evan pressed his hands against it and pushed with all his might in an attempt to shut it. His muscles strained and he could feel his feet slipping against the floor from the effort but the door didn't budge even a quarter of an inch.

Two shadows stretched across the patio and he heard a feminine voice boom out, “Huh, he's not in the chair...”

“Shit,” The second voice was a powerful masculine thunderclap, “Did he wake up already?”

The giant voices sent Evan scrambling backwards away from the clear glass door and searching for cover. He weaved through the legs of his newly purchased table while their voices carried through the open back door.

“You want to check the pool shed while I head inside, babe?” The woman's voice asked.

“Might as well, I should pour the stuff into the pool so we can use it later anyway...”

A million questions raced through Evan's head at the exchange but all that mattered was that the girl was heading inside. Ahead of him was the short hallway that lead to the garage, the door into which was firmly shut as was the door to the laundry room. The door to the half-bath that sat off the kitchen was wide open but then he heard it.

The soft thumping of approaching footsteps.

Juking to his left, Evan scrambled into the pantry by squeezing himself through the barely open door. He backed away into the darkness of the walk-in pantry while his whole body trembled in terror.

There was a low rumbling noise from the back door being opened wide enough for a normal sized person to walk in and then he heard the soft thuds of her walking into his house. The door rumbled once more but he didn't hear it fully shut.

“Huh?” The girl chuckled, “What is this? Ikea shit?”

He heard her knock his kitchen table with her knuckles and for some reason he could feel a faint heat rising in his cheeks. Sam had taken almost all of the kitchen stuff and while he would have loved to get some nice pieces, Evan had known enough to know that the old weathered wooden table he liked wouldn't look right in the hyper-modern kitchen he had. So he had simply bought the best looking stuff off the Ikea website and paid for them to assemble it.

“Babe!” Her voice was so loud that Evan had to cover his ears at the sudden noise, “I found his phone!”

Her boyfriend's voice roared in the distance but Evan couldn't make it out.

“Now where is that little fuck...”

What few doubts Evan had that these people had done this to him disappeared in that moment. The questions that fear had pushed away suddenly surged to the forefront of his mind and the now shrunken man crept toward the gap between the pantry door and its frame.

His kitchen was still bathed in the gray shadows of the early afternoon because it didn't really get much natural light until the sun was practically setting but one spot was lit up by harsh florescence and that was where the giantess stood.

The first thing he noticed were the scuffed up lime green crocs the girl wore and the bright pink crew socks that rose out of them, stretching up her skinny legs until they gave way to pale flesh and finally what looked like a pair of basketball shorts. She lifted her foot and thumped her toe against the floor, giving Evan a clear view of the charms that adorned the holes in her crocs; a weed leaf, a peace sign, a van, and the supreme logo.

“Man, we're going to have to go grocery shopping first thing...” the girl sighed before extracting a can of LaCroix from his fridge and opening it with a hiss.

“What the fuck...” Evan whispered, trying to wrap his head around what the giant girl was talking about.

Her huge feet pivoted toward him and he watched as she crossed the kitchen. Each of her footfalls produced an appreciable thump but the closer she got to the pantry, the more Evan swore that he could feel the floor tremble beneath his feet.

“Where could you be...” The giantess muttered to herself between sips of seltzer.

Evan's whole body froze as he felt her tremor-inducing footsteps pass the pantry.

The bathroom door creaked open, “Are you in here, little dude? Nope...”

Evan heard the door firmly shut before he heard her open another one.

“Damn, these things look like they're fucking spaceships,” the girl laughed to herself and Evan knew that she was inspecting his washer and dryer, which were top of the line models that he and Sam had bought a few months before separating. The door to the laundry room shut once more and her voice drifted up the hallway, “I wonder if he's big enough to reach those or if we'll have to do laundry ourselves...”

Evan's heart jumped into his throat as her words made it quite clear what they were going to do with him. “I need to get out of here,” he said while pushing his way out of the pantry at the same time that he heard her open the door to the garage.

The shrunken man moved as quickly as he dared, afraid that if he sprinted the sound of his bare feet slapping against the floor would echo in a modern kitchen filled with marble and stainless steel. He was thankfully beneath the table when he heard the door to the garage shut.

“What? No, she barely looked...” He whispered, stopping in the center of his kitchen table.

The sound of her approach grew louder and louder until Evan could feel the floor trembling beneath her feet once more. He tracked her skinny legs as they wound around the table toward the backdoor where she paused to poke her head out, “Babe, you haven't seen him out there, right?”

“Nope, he's not in the shed and I made sure the gate was closed...”

“Ok, I'm going to shut the door here and then I guess I'll check the rest of the house...”

“Alright!”

The wide glass door slid into place and Evan felt the world shudder as she stepped back.

“But first I'm going to grab a snack...” The girl said with a giggle.

His whole body pivoted as the girl circled the other side of the table and then pushed open the door to the pantry. Light blazed on overheard and he watched her step inside while he wondered what he should do.

She had cut off his only escape route and even if he had made it out, he'd have been unable to get through his own fence with the gate shut. The girl already had his phone so there was no way for him to call for help though he wasn't sure exactly who he would have called anyway. Sure, the cops could have dealt with the two of them as trespassers but what would they have done with him?

Would they have believed him if he had said he was always this size?

“Score,” the girl's joyous word derailed his train of thought.

He flinched as the door to the pantry slammed shut and then he began to back away as he watched the girl drag the nearest chair back from the table before plopping down into it. Her feet smacked down mere inches from him and he was hit with a wave of air that reeked of weed and patchouli oil.

Overhead, he heard her tearing open a plastic package and letting out a low 'hmm' of pleasure.

Evan knew that he had to run.

He was an errant foot twitch away from being discovered but he found himself transfixed by being so close to a human being who was so much bigger than him.

All he could see of her was her shoes, skinny legs, and the baggy Adidas shorts she was wearing but he knew that she wasn't actually that big. Simply comparing her to his immense furniture, Evan figured that she was a petite girl who couldn't be much taller than five feet.

Yet, she was also the biggest living thing he had ever seen.

An elephant would be like a dog to her and not a particularly big one.

He was so perplexed by the thought that he didn't even notice that she was kicking out her legs to relax until the grimy sole of her croc had smacked into him. The sheer force of it reminded him of when his dad forced him to try out for football in middle school and he was knocked down by a kid who had been a lineman in a peewee league since he was eight.

Evan was left dazed on the floor, his vision wavering while he lay in the shadow of the rubber monument that was her shoe.

And then the shoe pulled away and her voice rang in his head, “No fucking way...”

Struggling to move, Evan flopped onto his stomach and then forced himself to his hands and knees. He could feel the chair scraping against the floor as she pushed back from the table then he saw shadows move from her undoubtedly looking down to confirm she had just kicked him. Evan stumbled to his feet and tried to catch his breath all while her laughter filled the room.

“Were you under the table this whole time?”

He pushed himself to start running even though he could feel the floor shaking from her casually walking to block his path.

When her lime green croc crashed down in front of him, the floor buckled with enough force to make him drop back down to his knees. He caught himself before he could fall face first against the scuffed up shoes and then he simply sat there, trembling.

He wasn't sure how long it was, whether seconds or minutes, but it felt like an eternity before he had the courage to slowly lift his eyes from weed charm that sat prominently on the toe of her left croc. His eyes ran up the hot pink sock, then her bare skin, past the black shorts with the waist rolled down to reveal a mostly flat belly, and then across the tight tie-dye tanktop that was stretched over her thin chest. A sleeve tattoo adorned her right arm and he noticed that even her fingers had ink that stood out against the seltzer can that still sat in her hand.

Far above, he watched her pop the remainder of a twinkie past thin pink lips and then casually brush the crumbs from the corners of her mouth. Out of a backwards red baseball cap spilled straight hair that had probably once been dyed some radical color but now had faded to a limp blonde with faint hints of what might have been pink or purple. It all framed a thin face that slowly lit up with a big grin as her pale gray eyes settled on him.

“You're mine now, little dude.”



Chapter End Notes:

Happy Halloween! New chapters will drop on Mondays!

However, if you don't want to wait, there are four more chapters that you can read right now for just $1/month on my patreon!: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=81695397

Also, for $5/month you get to vote on a once per month exclusive story that only people at that tier get to see. This month, the choices for main characters are Lex and Siggy from The Devils She Didn't Know, Faith and Chloe from A Model Village, and Brianna from Welcome to the Stream with a mystery shrinkee.

Whether you read chapters as soon as they're finished for 1/month, vote on the exclusive content for 5/month, or read here or on deviantart for free, know that I appreciate you as a reader either way!

Thanks as always to those who read and review and I hope you're all staying healthy and safe!