- Text Size +

Chapter 8

Pain began to envelop me once more, a similar pain to that of being crushed. When I opened my eyes I immediately saw a strange dark aura leave me. I wondered what it was but focused on a strange man was standing in front of me…It was obvious we were inside Terra somehow because the walls were made of flesh and everything was soft and moist (where else could it be), to confirm my suspicion I asked, “Where are we?” A long pause followed, with a jumbled expression he answered, “ you should no’ better n’ anyone lad, we inside your monstrous lass’s maw, we are, “you know, what be her name…Terra that’s it.

He took a breath and slowly said, “she brought you to town an’ somehow found me, the doctor, Dave Arbing, dis’ hothead kidnapped me an’ made me watch over you till’ you healed….Lad, you look’d like a pancake, an’ there was no way you was alive, but…” Another long pause then he said, “I ain’t done nothin’ but watch over you, this ooze be the one doin’ the healing.” “How long was I out?” I quickly inquired. “Hmm, I’d say bout’ 2 weeks, maybe more” the man answered with a sigh, “been worth it tho, to bring some of this gunk wit me for studyin’, tastes pretty good too.” The man took another breath and sighed, “been hard to talk to yer lass tho’, but ‘ventually she made me understand that she be wantin’ to talk English, seem’d real interested for some reason.” After a bit I asked casually, “so, did she learn?” He responded sarcastically, “barely, the lass is quite bright fer learnin’ even the bit she knows in two weeks.” Then suddenly he yelled, “hey missy, lemme out, yer lad is fine!” Immense amounts of light suddenly poured in, clearing up to reveal a morning sky. Two enormous fingers came out and grabbed the gentleman who watched me. “See for yourself he’s fine, now lemme be on my way” shouted the man.

Terra closed her mouth, a soft kissing sound was heard then her mouth opened again and I saw him, he was darting away. The fingers that drew the man came and removed me from the tongue, placing me on the palm of the other hand; terra’s huge red eyes staring at me in disbelief. As I sat in the palm of her hand she began to tear and sobbed while lowering me to the ground. Abruptly she threw herself on her hands and knees shaking the earth with a powerful quake that knocked me on my behind. Beautiful teary-red eyes landed on me and with the voice of child innocence she pleaded, “Terra sorry!...Terra very very sorry…for hurting Hubert. Terra sorry...please forgive me” I turned my back and she whimpered, “Terra sorry, she try very hard control herself so not hurt Hubert….Terra...love you, Terra love.” My heart was touched by the most sincere words I had ever heard. “Do you really love me?” I asked with little doubt but the urge to hear them sung with that adorable voice…”I do” she replied instantly, “But if Hubert don’t love Terra…me won’t force you…” That is all the proof I needed, I ran over to the nearest part of her I could find and kissed it, “I love you too.”