- Text Size +

If I were to compare the situation I was in right now, I'd say it was very similar to a medieval court.


We had our Queen, Anastasia I of House Rayne, sitting in her throne (an executive level office chair) attending to her supplicant peasants. We had an interminable row of people entering the HQ asking for a myriad of things to be done for City 43. Queen Anastasia heard all of them patiently, while I, the royal scribe, annotated diligently.


Now, the thing was, Ann was quite affectionate with me. Petting my head  and stroking my back very frequently as I tried to work. And of course, everyone saw it. I could hear them whispering to each other, and oh I could see the tabloids speculating already. 


I desperately needed something interesting to happen. Three hours of hearing supplicants. God someone put me out of my misery.


And then something interesting happened. 


This woman climbed up Ann's desk. She was tall and buff, probably a construction worker, with a black pixie cut. There was she looked at me with pity, and disdain. And she looked at Ann defiantly. 


"Leave us alone Rayne!" She proclaimed "we're not scared of you!"


If Anastasia was bored, if somehow the endless stream of supplicants had crushed her spirit a bit, that feeling dissipated immediately. She laughed. Loudly, mockingly.


"And who are you to make demands to me, speck?" She asked, wiping a small tear from the corner of her eye amidst the laughter. 


Yeah, who the hell did she think she was?


"Does it matter bitch?" The woman replied defiantly. "Do you think I will give you the pleasure of entertaining your sick mind!?"


"You're already entertaining me sweetheart, that's for sure" Ann said, resting her head on her lowered arms to be almost at eye level with the woman. Then she… began sniffing around her.


The woman still stood defiantly, but I could see her closing her eyes as Ann got closer and closer. 


"You… smell funny, speck" Ann said, almost as a whisper. I was captivated by the scene. I needed to know where this was going. 


Oh god, did I…


Did I want to see Ann doing something horrible?


Holy shit I did. The fucked up shit she does… It's hot.


OK OK I will confess. I've spent every free hour since we slept together looking at her social media posts… and broadcasts of her delivering the Director’s justice.


I will confess that thing she did with the gang leaders, well it was true, she did deep fry then alive. She looked gorgeous doing it. As gorgeous as she looked intimidating this random woman.


Ok that's enough of me daydreaming about her, back to the show. 


"I don't know what you're talking about" said the woman to Ann's comment.


"Yes. You. Do." Said Ann. "Otherwise you wouldn't have said that. What are you hiding? Do I need to pick you apart to find it?"


Did she mean that literally? Oh please do.


"I will not say anything to you, tyrant!" Screamed the woman.


"Oh, you will" whispered Ann. And immediately her open palm came crashing down like if slamming a bug. The woman screamed. Ann most probably broke some of her bones. 


And then, she pulled something out of a drawer, a strange device consisting of a needle and a screen. She injected it, uncharacteristically carefully, on the woman's back. The device turned on, and numbers, symbols and data started appearing on its screen. 


"Ohhhh, so that was the smell, little one…" Ann said, tasting every word like some sort of candy. "Pounds of pills filled with poison inside you".


The woman started sweating profusely. 


"You didn't ingest them, of course… you're packing enough to kill a normal sized person" Ann said "If I had to take a guess…"


Anastasia grabbed the woman with the same hand that had restrained her, and lifted her up. With her other hand's sharp nails, she cut through the woman's vest. Revealing a huge, recently stitched scar on her abdomen.


Ann laughed again, longer, genuinely amused. "Oh dear… did you really think I was going to fall for it?" She asked.


The woman was silent, Ann smashed her down on the table again. Her mood radically changed from amused to outraged. 


"DID YOU REALLY THINK ANASTASIA FREDERICA RAYNE WOULD FALL FOR THAT!?" She screamed. 


Oh please scream like that more often.


The supplicants on the row backed, the woman screamed in pain and I didn't move an inch. I wanted to see. I wanted to see whatever punishment awaited this random woman.


"You walked here, trying to bait me into eating you, so you could get all that poison inside my belly did you?" Ann said, with a grin. Her mood returning to amusement.


"We… ughhh" tried to say the woman, amidst her pain. "We…"


"Ugh, you're in a pathetic state" said Ann with disdain. "Lilibeth!"


She called to me!


"My lady!" I said, standing up. It's true we were on a first name basis already, but I had to keep appearances even if Ann wasn't going to. Also, she's still my hierarchical superior here. "What do you need?" 


"Call the doc, make them extract the poison out of this bitch and then send her to our quarters for interrogation, I want to handle this personally"


Our quarters!


Anastasia sighed and sat down, still clutching the now desperate woman in her hands until the medical team arrived on a drone and sedated her. She took a glance at me during that ordeal. I could only respond with a look.


A look that said: I'm going to watch my giant girlfriend rip you apart.



----------



Believe it or not, we attended supplicants for two more hours. Nothing stopped the wheels of government, not even a lousy assassination attempt. When Ann announced that petitions to the authority will resume tomorrow, there was still a long line in waiting. 


Anastasia picked me up and raised me to her shoulder, where I sat comfortably. Interaction with normal sized people is always a thrill, no matter how mundane, but this was another level. The Director already carried me sometimes from place to place but never on her shoulders. It felt like riding a moving skyscraper. A walking castle. 


"What did you think of that, Lilibeth?" She asked, turning her head to me.


"Attempted magnicide is a serious thing" I replied.


"It is… I fear little Lydia has left our City infested not with simple rioters, but an actual rebel organisation"


"An entire organisation?" I asked. 


"A capsule of the things the docs found inside her would have killed you. They found enough to kill me. Someone supplied her".


"Do we have any suspects?"


"Oh, that's what we're going to find out, my pet" she said, smiling gleefully as she entered our room in the HQ.


There, she awaited us.


The woman was trapped inside a transparent jar on the kitchen's table. Ann gleefully sat down at the counter, me still on her shoulder, and opened the jar, letting the woman fall down on her back.


"So the docs got you all prepped for me!" Ann said cheerfully "they even got your whole info via your biometric registers" 


The woman was still defiant. Although shaken.


"It says here your name is Mia Brown. 32, a healthy 3 inch and a half…" the woman scoffed at the mention of her height. "From a middle class family, school dropout, suspected of radical thought, now construction worker for the Rayne Public Works Consortium" 


Mia stood up. "I'm not saying anything".


"You won't, but Lisa will" Ann said.


That made Mia freeze. 


"Ohhhh, yes, I know about her" Ann said. "In fact, give me a sec…" she shoved Mia back in the jar and set me down on the counter. 


She then planted a soft kiss in my head and said "take care of Mia while I'm gone, alright Lilibeth"


"I… will!" I replied a little surprised by the kiss.


"That's a good girl! I'll be back in half an hour, if my calculations are correct"


Ann left me in the table and left the room. As soon as she did, Mia tried breaking the glass with the weight of her body. And looked at me with some eyes injected in blood.


"You monster! DON'T TOUCH LISA!" She screamed at me.


"Hey, I don't know who this Lisa person is, keep quiet" I said.


"Don't tell me to keep quiet you pet!" She barked. 


"Is that supposed to be an insult?" I said, somewhat arrogantly I must admit. 


"You're nothing to them. Amusement, at best. They don't see you as human and yet there you are, playing along their stupid god fantasy" she said "They literally stomp over the human spirit and you gladly offer your face to the boot and thank them for it"


I'm not gonna lie, I would let Ann hover her boots above me.


"And yet, from my point of view, I live a happy life, while you're in a jar" I said.


"And you aren't?" She replied. 


I didn't reply. I stood there for ten minutes without looking nor talking to Mia. Was it true? Did I lack any agency in this relationship?


Then Ann came back, holding a brunette girl firmly in her hand. Mia's eyes let tears drop, as she whispered a simple "no…"


"Well well well… I thought you two had broken up" Ann said. "Or at least that's what little Lisa barked at the enforcers that took her, I heard she put on quite a fight and she cursed like a sailor, I wonder why she's been so quiet since I picked her up at the helipad then…"


"Please… please don't do anything to her…" Mia said, almost whimpering. 


Ann sat back and, same as with Mia before, slammed Lisa on the table with the palm of her hand. The brunette screamed in pain. I sat down on the floor (Well, the kitchen's table actually) and watched the spectacle. 


"Listen to me, Mia" Ann said "you're gonna tell me about your rebel friends or you'll have to watch your cute little girlfriend's limbs break one bone at a time" 


"I… I…." Suttered Mia. 


Ann's finger came for Lisa's left arm. She started pulling, slowly. I heard her muscles stretching. I heard Lisa begging. And I heard Mia screaming a name.


"THE GENERAL!" she yelled "THE GENERAL SENT ME!"


"Tch, tch, well, whoever this General person is, they should have sent a suicide agent with no loose ends" Ann said. "Tell me about them Mia, now"


"She operates on sector T9…" Mia said, defeated. "I've… only seen her once, when she thanked me for my bravery"


"Quite an interesting friend you had there… what organisation she runs, huh?"


"The Torchbearers" Mia said, amidst a whimper. 


"Oh, interesting, I thought they'd been disbanded…" Ann said. "Is that all?"


"It's all I know I swear! I'm just a footsoldier, I now nothing about the upper command I swear!"


"I believe you" said Ann. "And therefore, you're of no use to me, neither is your little girlfriend"


Ann picked Mia and Lisa up, and held them in her clutches. She took a moment to appreciate the pair. I had no possible means of understanding the purpose of it. Was it pity? Disdain? Disgust? 


She left them both on the floor. Near her right foot. I peeked out from the table to see what was happening. 


Mia and Lisa were hugging and crying, apologising to each other. Mia kept telling Lisa that everything was going to be ok. But I looked at Ann and knew that wasn't going to be the case by a longshot.


But just as her foot was about to go down on the couple, I yelled.


"ANN WAIT!" 


"Huh? Lilibeth?" She said, turning to me.


"I know attempted magnicide and association with a terrorist are two things that deserve death… but I beg you, don't crush them"


"And why shouldn't I, my dear?" She asked, genuinely curious. 


I confess I was acting just on sympathy for the couple. I didn't know a reason for Ann to spare them. I had to act quick. 


"Mia was ready to die anyway" I improvised. "Killing her is no true punishment. 


"I see…" Ann said, biting her thumb, thinking. 


"And Lisa, didn't directly threaten you, killing her will be unsatisfying!" I bluffed.


"I… suppose you're right Lilibeth"


Holy shit. Did it work?


"I suggest" I continued "that Mia should attone by living the rest of her life in your service. If she was so ready to die to see you gone, a life under your shadow will be poetic justice!"


"That's actually a great idea Lilibeth!" Ann said, with an ear to ear smile.


"As for Lisa, she wanted to cut off ties with Mia, if we believe her, and she used that as a defense… so as punishment… she should remain the rest of her life with Mia, a slave of your needs too!"


"You're getting pretty good at this pet! You make this young woman proud!" Ann said.


She slammed her foot on the floor, barely millimetres away from the couple and said:


"Listen up you lovebirds! My dear Lilibeth thinks killing you would be a waste of two healthy slaves, so I'm keeping you here. You will spend the rest of your lives at my service, you will answer first to me and second to my pet! And you will thank her every day for the rest of your sad, pathetic lives that you're alive because of her intervention alone" she proclaimed. "Now kiss my fucking shoe while you thank me for being so nice to you two! That's an order!"


Lisa scurried away to Ann's shoe, I've never seen anyone so relieved and terrified at the same time. She thanked, and spilled almost an epic poem in praise of her new owner. Mia too, went and kissed that giant shoe, she thanked Ann, but every word coming from her mouth was like I was seeing her vomiting her soul.


"Good job little ones!" Ann said. "And great idea my pet!"


I couldn't believe it. I actually influenced her mind. I was of actual value to her. I was a partner.


Her index finger came to pat me. I let it, of course, but as soon as Ann began to pull it away I grabbed it, pulled it down and hugged it. Of course I didn't have the strength to pull it down, she just let me. I was now rubbing myself against her digit. 


She looked down at me, blushing. 


I looked up. She was biting her lips. I was sweating. Shaking even. And then I dropped the bomb.


"Let's fuck, let your slaves watch"


Anastasia Frederica Rayne, the most powerful woman on Earth besides the Director, let out a long moan.


"I love you, Elizabeth" she said, and carried the three of us to our bed.