- Text Size +

There wasn't much that made Victoria Rayne special at first glance. On a first look, you would notice a woman that looks in her late twenties, with a short black hair that was cut straight just as it reached the middle of her neck, and icy cold blue and baggy eyes hidden behind round glasses. The glasses were an unfortunate result of her relentless work screwing her eyesight a bit. The baggy eyes were also a result of her extensive work.


Her work being what made her special: the management of the lives of almost seven billion human beings.


Victoria was known, by most, simply as "The Director". The title had been held for three generations by the head of the Rayne Conglomerate. Victoria, as a 28 year old, was currently the youngest among the Directors. 


She was many things for many people. For some, she was the face of the despotic corporation that convinced the world's government's seventy years ago to shrink the entire population of Earth to prevent global environmental collapse. For others, she was a young woman heroically taking upon herself the herculean task of attempting to fix all of humanity's mistakes.


For me, she was simply my boss.


I am the person currently occupying the prized "Assistant to the Global Director" position in the Rayne Conglomerate. Don't get distracted by the lofty name, I'm mostly a personal secretary. I pass calls to Victoria, manage her schedule, assist in different ways in the administration of humanity, and counsel her in personal matters.


I'm also, like most humans, about three inches tall. Which is also why the position of "Assistant to the Global Director" was commonly referred to as the "Desk Pet".


The derogatory doesn't mean anything to me. I know my worth to Victoria. I know my work here is indispensable. 


So when she stopped typing on her computer, took a long sigh, and I felt those cold eyes looming over me, I almost instinctively knew she needed my advice. 


"Beth, we have a fucking problem" she said.


"What is it, Director?" I asked.


"City 43 is rioting again" Victoria said. 


That would make for City 43's fifth riot this year.


"Have we not sent enforcers already, Director?"


Victoria took her phone out of her pocket and showed me the gruesome spectacle that had been made out of the enforcers we had sent.


"They… have gotten somewhat creative to say the least, Director" was my response.


"Creative? Please Beth, people have been putting heads on spikes since the dawn civilization. They've gotten brave." Said Victoria.


"What has the Regional Administrator said about the situation, Director?" I asked. 


"Lydia? I don't care. She's fired. I've sent the order  nowright now" she said.


I repressed a shudder. Besides the members of the Rayne family, Regional Administrators were the only people allowed to remain their normal sizes in this world. The fact that Lydia had been fired meant that she was going to become small once again… and probably would be thrown to the rioters, who no doubt will kill her on sight.


“Who’s replacing Lydia, Director?” I asked.


Victoria sighed. “There is no one capable of dealing with so many rebellious tinies amongst the members of the Administration ''she said. “No one… except for her”


Her. The way the Director said it… there was only one person she could be referring to.


“B-but Director, Anastasia’s intervention here would probably turn the riots in a full blown rebellion!”


“I know” she snapped back. “She’s… well, she has her issues” That was a way to say it alright. Director Victoria was known by many nicknames: Director, D-V, Big Vicky… do you know how the people referred to Anastasia?


Bloody Ann. Crazy Ann. The Bitch Queen. She didn’t inspire confidence in the population to say the least. Anastasia was, among the Administrators, the person who held the record of both highest public order among the cities she took care of… and highest personal kill count.


She was ruthless. Anastasia was known for enforcing order personally. She would rampage through city blocks, crush protesters, eat supplicants alive, and she would do all that with the world’s most annoying shit eating grin.


Of course, many among the Administration disliked her. Some even called for her to be punished on charges of abuse and for being an obvious sadist. However, there was nothing they could do. Anastasia’s full name, after all, was Anastasia Frederica Rayne, not only a member of the Rayne clan, but the Director’s younger sister.

“I know Anastasia has her issues” The Director continued “So that is why I will have someone checking up on her… to prevent her from going all-in you know…” 


“Director, besides yourself, who in this universe can keep her in check?” I asked.


“That would be you Beth” She answered.


My heart sank. The Director was about to send ME to keep that monster in check?


“Look Beth, I know you don’t like my sister. I know for a fact that you’re even scared of her” She was absolutely right, only thinking about the things Crazy Ann could do to me if got angry had already made me sweat “but you’re going under my protection, she won’t do anything to you. For all her faults, she loves me”


That… was true, but not as reassuring as the Director thought it might have felt for me.


“When am I leaving for City 43, Director?” I said, swallowing my doubt to perform my duties to Victoria as I always do.


“Tomorrow” she said.


We continued working for the day. She even pat me a few times with her finger, as a way to encourage me I think. And yes, I appreciate every bit of affection I could get from the director. 


When our workday ended, she accompanied me to my dorms. She told me to gather my things and to prepare for tomorrows flight, once again reassuring me that Anastasia was harmless to me. 


Still, once the director left and I could enter into my room in the apartment complex for Administration workers Victoria had in her manor, I went straight to my bed, burried my face into a pillow, and screamed my lungs out.


----------


“So you’re sister’s Desk Pet huh?” Said Anastasia.


I had mentioned that the derogative didn’t bother me… from my fellow tinies. From the mouth of Anastasia, it felt almost humiliating. 


My flight had landed right outside Anastasia’s HQ on City 43. She had arrived just hours earlier, via the normal sized helipad on the roof, while I had taken the smaller one, right outside her office.


She had taken the liberty to come to me. Most Administrators wait for their small sized workers sitting in their own desks. They made you come to them. Anastasia’s gesture was unexpected. There was eagerness in her every being.


Anastasia was almost identical to the Director: the same height and body type, the same pale skin tone, and the same pale blue baggy eyes. But Anastasia wore no glasses, and instead of the elegant suits the Director fancied, she seemed to prefer casual clothes. Right now, she was wearing only a black hoodie with jeans. 


The other most prominent aspect of her was that her hair was dyed pale blue, to match her eyes. And that she kept her nails sharp and long.


I ignored her taunting.


“I am Elizabeth Williams, Assistant to the Global Director, my lady” I said, introducing myself.


Anastasia dropped to her knees so suddenly it made the ground shake all around me. I almost fell. She was now looming directly over me and uncomfortably close.


“I see why my sister seems to like you so much, Lilibeth” she said. Oh god, I could smell her breath… cinnamon, it was almost sweet and intoxicating.


“I-I don’t know what you mean, my la-” I tried to say, but Anastasia snatched me off the helipad with her hand.


I went flying in the air. Believe no matter how much time you spend working with normal sized people you will NEVER get used to being handheld. It's like a wall of flesh surrounds your entire body with a force that you know at any moment might end you right there. And God, these giants never take into account the motion sickness of some of us… I almost puked.


And almost did, if not for the fact that I became immediately distracted by the fact that Anastasia was… playing with me in her hand.


Her fingers grabbed me everywhere… turned me around, measured me… it was humiliating. What the hell was she doing? Couldn’t we just get to work already managing these blasted riots so that I can go back to Victoria?


“Hmmm” She said “You seem stressed little one”.


“I-I-I…” I tried to say, but the words didn’t come out of my mouth.


“Lucky for you, your new owner knows a few little tricks to get tinies in top condition ASAP”.


The next thing was indescribable… I felt something warm, hot and wet in my back. I became aware of the same intoxicating cinnamon smell from before. Was this her tongue? Oh God, was Anastasia LICKING ME?


I tried to protest, but a finger came down, burying my head in her hand. “Ah-ah” she said “Let mommy finish her work here first, little one?”.


Mommy? What kind of-


Oh.


Oh it felt so good.


Was it the sweet cinnamon smell or the fact that this weird massage of hers was actually working? I didn’t care. My God it felt amazing. Anastasia’s tongue got everywhere, pressing me harder and harder against her hand. I was being crushed softly between two warm and comfy surfaces: her tongue and hand.


It didn’t matter how the hell she did it but somehow Anastasia was managing to remove, lick by lick, every ounce of stress I was carrying from the trip. My shoulders relaxed and my spine popped a few times, releasing tension with every little crack.


I didn’t even realize that I had left her hand. Where was I? It reeked of cinnamon here…


I was in her mouth.


I immediately began to panic but I was shuffled under her tongue in seconds. There, in the warm, soft cave I was sitting in… my problems melted away.


This bitch had something magical going on with her tongue.


For how long was I there?. How much time did I spend chilling inside her? Why did it feel so good?


I was about to fall asleep when I saw light piercing in the cave and Anastasia’s tongue picking me up. All I heard was an exaggerated “Bleh!” as she gently let me drop from her mouth and over the desk. I was laying on some sort of expensive, varnished wood and in a poodle of saliva.


“How’re you feeling now Lilibeth?”, Anastasia said directly above me.


“I-it was wonderful… why?” I asked.


“I like giving my new pets a warm welcome” She said “You can get a lot of things from putting a tiny in your mouth you know?” 


“L-like what?” 


“I know you're twenty nine years old, which funnily enough makes you my elder by six years. I know you served my sister as assistant since she became Director some five years ago. I know you’re fiercely loyal to the Rayne clan, and I know you dislike me”


“You… you got all that from my taste?” I said, astonished.


“Well, that and the fact that I read your file, silly” Anastasia said.


That was on me.


“Buuut” she continued “I'm not the big, bad monster tinies say I am… I simply impose order, as it’s my duty as administrator and as a Rayne. It’s not my fault I chose the most effective methods there are”


Those methods being killing dissenters directly, by the way.


“I hope you see I would never harm you. Loyal pets like you are hard to come by… for you I want to be just a source of enjoyment and pleasure, besides your hierarchical superior”


“Im… flattered, my la-”


“Just call me Ann” she interrupted.


“I'm flattered, Ann” I said.


“Now, here, clean yourself out while I enjoy dinner” she said, lowering me a tiny sized towel.


Immediately after that, a drone came in with a silver tray. As I was taking Ann’s saliva off me, I started to hear screaming. Screaming from the tray.


Ann was looking down at it with hungry, bloodlust filled eyes. Oh my God… the tray was full of…


“So little ones, you may be wondering why you are gathered here” Ann said. “You have all been, by all accounts, guilty of terrible crimes. I read your files. I have in front of me rapists, murderers, violent thieves, psychos of all kind, dear citizens of City 43” 


I just noticed there was a camera on the drone. Was she broadcasting this right now?


“Know that little Lydia may have been a bit lenient with you. I will not” Ann said. “Under my Administration, these crimes will not be tolerated” The screams coming from the tray were getting louder, and more desperate.


“As you may know, we’re still dealing with the Great Collapse of 2045. Most of our food is grown here, locally, with the precious resources we had to shrink humanity to enjoy” Ann said. “Don’t you think that by committing such heinous crimes you're disrespecting that sacrifice? Don’t you think that these rabble are nothing but a waste of our scarce resources?”


I had to agree, but I didn’t like where this was going.


“Under my rule, no single cell of biomass will be wasted” She said “so for now on, the punishment for such crimes will be the reclamation of every single one of those cells by me”


Ann picked a screaming prisoner by the foot. Her grip was so firm I heard bones cracking. She raised him, dangling a bit over her head. Dropping him unceremoniously in her mouth. The screams became muffled as soon as she closed her mouth, and became entirely silent when she began to chew.


A drop of blood fell from the corner of her lips, I became paralyzed immediately in this gory spectacle of hers.


“That concludes the life of just one of the fifty criminals on my plate. Tomorrow, I shall take the biomass of fifty more, until death row is clean”


If she continued to eat all of those people on screen or not I did not know. When she was eating the third, I passed out.