- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first story. And English isn't my native language. I apologize for possible mistakes.

Author's Chapter Notes:

!!! The main character's dislike of children, described in the story, does not correspond to my personal attitude towards them. It is added to the story for the sake of the sharpness of the plot.

I was a serious young 25-year-old scientist, working in a laboratory, inventing an apparatus for changing the size of objects. I communicated well with colleagues and generally easily found a common language with adults. 

But I just couldn't stand children, it was always unpleasant for me to be around them, they always annoyed me. I hated the silly games and antics of children, carefree behavior and children's voices. And moreover, I have never allowed anyone to violate my personal space, and especially children! I was also squeamish. And children are usually sloppy. If a drop of saliva accidentally got on me or I felt the breath of another person nearby, I would be very disgusted! Therefore, I usually locked myself in my office when children's excursions came to the laboratory. 

One day I was testing my device when a malfunction occurred and... it reduced me! And it wasn't so scary, because I could get my size back with the same device, but suddenly a draft opened the window and the wind picked me up. I flew out into the street. I didn't fly for long until I fell into the grass near the path passing under the windows of the laboratory, but it was very scary.

At first I was confused, not knowing what to do. But then I decided to go out on the road and try to attract people's attention. It was quite difficult, because my height was about 2 cm. People didn't notice me, and I was running, dodging so that they wouldn't step on me. Finally, a girl in a red autumn jacket, looking 9-10 years old, noticed me. I was not very happy that a child noticed me, but the main thing was that I was noticed at all - it was my chance for salvation. Besides, her mother was walking next to her, which means I could count on the help of an adult. 

The girl came up to me and squatted down. She looked at me in surprise, and then asked:

- Who are you?
- I'm a scientist, I need help. I've accidentally shrunk, and to get the size back, I need to get to the lab. Please tell Mom to help me get back there.

I turned around to look at the girl's mother, but she had gone a little ahead. It seems that she just noticed that the girl had fallen behind, and her mother called her:

- Alice, catch up!

I looked at Alice:

- Well, will you help me?
- Of course!

At that moment, it seemed to me that her eyes sparkled, and she smiled slyly. Alice picked me up from the road and threw me into her jacket pocket. It's a very unusual feeling when you're in a pocket. She ran to catch up with Mom, and I saw that there was a candy in her pocket. Finally, the girl stopped and put her hand in her pocket. I thought she was going to pull me out, but she pulled out... candy! 

- What did you find there? - Mom asked.
- Nothing important.

With that, she zipped up the pocket. I realized that she wasn't going to tell Mom about me. Panic seized me and I began to knock on the walls of her pocket. Suddenly, the pocket opened. Is it really salvation? A hand with a candy wrapper dropped into my pocket and... wrapped me tightly in a wrapper! Then the pocket was buttoned up again. I could hardly move now. And the wrapper was sticky and a little wet. I realized that she was licking it! Fuuuuuuu....

What awaits me next?