- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello everybody!  It's been a while since I last gave you all any new stories.  Thankfully, the break has refreshed my creative well, and I'll be updating older stories as well as telling new ones!  I hope you all enjoy this prologue.  Future chapters will have a more recognizable format, but I figured I'd do something a little out of the box with my first outing back.  Huge shout-outs to Lexi, without whom you may not be reading this story today.  If you enjoy pulpy horror movies of old, give this tale a try!

“With the current state of crisis within North and Central America, the following documents have been released from the now defunct Burcheck and Harley Research Facility.  Government officials request all research facilities to familiarize themselves with these experiments to help further research into a solution to the global crisis.  Containment and elimination of the Incorperants is this nation’s highest priority.  Your assistance in this time of need is of the highest importance if innocent lives are to be spared a grisly and painful fate.  Time is of the essence!


President Marsha Fairbrooke”


Such was the first page of the lengthy binder sent to every biological and chemical lab in North America.  The following is the table of contents found on the second page.


Pages 3-9

Project: 564E-39F

Date: 03/19/2038-06/12/2038

Head Researcher: Dr. Nadene Goodwell Ph.D.

Assistant: Edmund Hark


Summary: With the recovery of Meteor Class AE7 from Crashsite 17, Dr. Goodwill broke down the chemical makeup of its dust to identify its point of origin.  Within the compounds discovered in the dust, not only was an undiscovered acidic liquid found, but as were single cell organisms.  Further research will be needed on the nature of this new life form.


Pages 10-13

Project: 564E-3A3

Date: 06/15/2038-7/23/2039

Head Researcher: Dr. Harold Arment Ph.D.

Assistant: Amanda Beach, Calvin Helgrant, Justin Falcher


Summary: Tests on the liquids discovered within Meteor Class AE7 revealed a composite of several chemicals.  The first was Acid Classification 8D0, henceforth referred to as armentic acid. reveal corrosive properties when exposed to high quantities of silicon, though these properties are dormant in a controlled environment.  Within 2500 tests, armentic acid applied to surfaces with silicon droplets applied corroded only areas where the droplets were present.


Further testing is requested for applications in chemotherapy and vaccination.  Further testing has also been requested for applications in mining and demolition.  


Pages 14-16

Project: 564E-3A4

Date: 06/22/2038-6/27/2038

Head Researcher: Dr. Winston Selvoy

Assistant: Luke Maxwell, Ryo Kageshi


Summary: Among the chemicals discovered within Meteor Class AE7 was a mysterious solvent, henceforth referred to as Selvoy Solvent.  Short term exposure to the solvent resulted in nausea and convulsions in test subjects.  This document details safe containment protocols for handling of Selvoy Solvent.  Until further research can be done, the current recommendation is for Selvoy Solvent to be classified within this facility as a highly restricted substance.  Until further notice, testing of higher concentrations of Selvoy Solvent will be suspended indefinitely.


Pages 17-30

Project: 564E-3B0

Date: 06/17/2038-09/20/2043

Head Researchers: Dr. Nadene Goodwell Ph.D., Dr. Phineas McAvoy Ph.D., Dr. Will Stein (after Goodwell’s departure), Dr. Gerald Fogart (after McAvoy’s departure), Dr. Caroline Charter (after Forgart’s departure)

Assistants: Edmund Hark, Zachary Young, Aditya Hadid, Henrietta Smith, Annette Arnout, Jason Carver, Reginald Bordeaux, Qadriyyah Ragunathan, Antonio Mazerelli


Summary: Living specimens were discovered amongst the sample recovered from Meteor Class AE7.  These silicon-based organisms, henceforth referred to as Incorperants, seem to exhibit extreme heat, cold, and impact resistance. Each has cell walls not only with a heavy resistance to armentic acid, but the ability to secrete it onto other single cell organisms in their vicinity.  It seems it uses the acid to latch onto cells and absorb them into their cell walls to absorb proteins and minerals.  They seem to be able to incorporate properties of absorbed minerals to facilitate growth and 


Complicating testing, among the fluids these organisms secrete is Selvoy Solvent.  When Incorperants are exposed to extreme heat or cold, they can release quantities and concentrations well above acceptable safety boundaries.  


Following extreme exposure to Selvoy Solvent by a number of researchers and assistants, Incorperants were classified as biohazards and moved to the Containment Ward.


With the escape of the Queen Incorperant, all testing will be henceforth terminated.


Pages 31-35

Project: 564E-443

Date: 06/12/2042-06/14/2042

Head Researchers: Dr. Caroline Charter

Assistants: Antonio Mazerelli, Daniella Gillian


Summary: After the recovery of Reginald Bordeaux, the following symptoms were observed after exposure to 1.714 grams of Selvoy Solvent:

Extreme contraction of body cells, resulting in body shrinkage.

High levels of suggestibility

Long-term high blood pressure

Hemorrhaging of the mouth and nose


Within hours of coming into contact with the high dosage of solvent, the subject shrank to only a few centimeters.  After a full 24 hours, the subject steadied upon reaching a microscopic height.  However, heart failure began within 30 hours of initial contact.  As a result, testing on high concentrations of Selvoy Solvent has been reclassified from indefinite suspension to termination.

Chapter End Notes:

What could have happened to the scientists of the Burcheck and Harley Research Facility?  What threat do the Incorperants pose to humanity?  And what is their ultimate goal with this planet?  All this and more next time in "Emergence of the Incorperants Chapter 1: Little Green Men"