- Text Size +

Mike and Jennifer were back in the box, in the room Harumi slept in. Harumi had explained to them how it was way too dangerous for them to roam about at this size, and that she needed to be aware of their location all the time. The "mattresses" they woke up on were actually 2 pairs of her satin gloves.


- "Won't you at least try to fall asleep?" Jennifer mumbled.


- "I don't know how you expect me to sleep after all that happened. We're literally trapped in a freaking cardboard box." He paused for a second. "How did you become so calm and accepting all of a sudden?"


- "Accepting my ass.. what can we do about it? Yeah I panicked and nearly screamed my lungs out.. but then I realized, and then what? How does that get us out of this?"


- "I understand Jen, and I know you're right.. everything you said is right.. but.."


- "but what if there's no way out of this?"


- "Yeah like.. what if it's permanent?"


- "Mike honey, I know you're feeling guilty about this, and you don't wanna feel responsible for ending our lives.. at least our normal lives.. but you didn't! It was not you, it was fate.. luck.. random chance, and whether it's permanent or reversible, there's not much you or I could do about it at this point."


Mike didn't know what to say, she was right, he closed his eyes, and tried falling asleep.


Suddenly, the familiar booming footsteps could be heard in the distance, and it quickly started getting louder and louder. Mike opened his eyes.. it must be well past midnight, what could the giant women want with them at this hour? They were jostled about as the box was picked up and carried somewhere. Before long, they came to a stop, and light poured in through the top as the box was open, and the Ayumi's face filled the sky.


- "Hi there little ones.. sorry I woke you." She said


- "Don't worry about it, we couldn't get any sleep anyway." Replied Mike.


- "I can imagine." She said 


- "Why did you bring us here though Ayumi?" Asked Jennifer "What time is it?"


- "It's 3 am. I wanted to talk." Said the giant.


- "Sure.." Said Jennifer "about what exactly?"


- "About this situation.. you being tiny.. I think you'd better come out first"


Soon, they were standing on the coffee table looking up at the humongous Japanese girl.


- "So about what you guys said yesterday.. taking you to a hospital.. do you really think that would be a good idea?"


- "What do you mean?" Replied Mike immediately.


- "I mean think about it, what do you expect them to do? As far as we know this is a one time thing.. it never happens.. hell it's not even supposed to happen. Why do you think they would know what to do with you?"


- "Because they're healthcare professionals.. even if they don't know exactly what to do, they'll figure something out." Objected Mike.


- "And what if they don't know what to do, and instead you guys find yourselves trapped in a lab somewhere?"


- "But.."


- "What if it's decided that you must stay a secret, and they start experimenting on you?"


Jennifer intervened "I understand what you're saying Ayumi, but if we don't go to a hospital, we have no hope of getting back to normal.. we can't exactly stay like this."


Ayumi looked at her "And why not? You can stay like this and live a relatively healthy and happy life if you're cared for properly"


- "What?" Shouted Mike


- "And who would care for us?" Said Jennifer


- "We would! I mean my mother would be happy to! I could see it in her eyes, when she was talking to you, when she was interacting with you, I've never seen my mother like this since she learned of my plans to move out." She paused for a second and then looked at Mike "You remember what I told you? My mom being the only thing I'm still worried about? I'm the only immediate family she has left in Japan, she would be all alone, but if she can have you guys, I would feel much better leaving her with you!"


- "What the fuck! What is the meaning of this? She can't just *have us* we're not property! We're human beings!" Shouted Mike


- "Easy on me for a second little guy!"


- "Fuck this! What is it with you and this"little" bullshit"


- "Mike calm down.."


Suddenly, before Jennifer could say anything else, Ayumi slammed her hand on the coffee table nearly knocking them both off their feet. "Quite! Both of you! I don't appreciate the tone, and I have things to say!" She said sharply. When she saw her tiny audience was finally quite, and taken aback by her outburst, she continued "In reality, and to be fully honest, the chance of anyone knowing what to do to get you back to normal is pretty much null, you might have to accept that this is your new normal. I know it takes a lot, and I'm not expecting it to happen overnight, but I also don't think you guys know what you're asking for. You might not like living like this for now, but trust me, your life in my mother's care will be light-years better than being stuck for life in an underground lab somewhere."


Mike tried to say something but he was interrupted immediately "I'm not done. I'll bring up this conversation tomorrow with my mother, and I want you to think about it until then. I would really appreciate it if you could apply logic to your situation, and not act like you've been condemned to eternal damnation. You'll be part of a new household, and even if you feel like pets or property, as you say, it'll be one where you'll feel way more human than if you end up in a government lab, which will probably happen if we listen to you."


She paused again, neither Mike nor Jennifer had anything to say back, so she continued "To be blunt, we can do anything we want and it's not like you could do anything about it.. but think, this might be for the best."


They were picked up, and returned to the box. They felt Ayumi carry the box back to her mother's room and place it back on the nightstand.