- Text Size +

Jennifer woke up slowly, her head was throbbing, and she still felt some numbness in her legs, but she could tell she was in a much better state. The last thing she remembered before blacking out was a sudden jolt of hot pain traveling through her entire body as she tried to open the passenger door of the SUV, and then she remembered Mike over her, talking to her, although she couldn't tell what he was saying, she remembers vaguely he picked her up and started inching towards the house, and then nothing.


She sat up slowly, and looked around her.. the dimly lit room she was in was mostly empty, except for the mattress she found herself on, which felt like smooth satin, but the first thing to catch her eyes was Mike lying on another mattress a small distance from her.


She got to her feet, and ran to his side, he was breathing, but still unconscious. She shook him gently, he muttered something as he sat up.


- "Mike! Wake up baby!"


- "Ugh.. my head, I feel like a swarm of angry hornets is buzzing in my head." Suddenly he looked at her and was overjoyed "Jen! You're ok!! I was scared shitless!!" He hugged her.


- "I'm fine, although I've been better that's for sure. Are you able to move?"


- "Yeah, my head still hurts a bit but other than that no complaints.. no burns or anything.. I think we got off lightly all things considered." He paused for a minute as he looked around him "Jen.. where the hell are we??"


- "Your guess is as good as mine, you took us to the house no?"


- "I did, but this doesn't look like any place in the chalet.. or the whole property for that matter. What happened??"


- "Like I said, no clue.. I just woke up.... Wait a minute.." she paused "do you hear that?"


Mike listened carefully, he could hear voices chatting in the distance, but he couldn't make out a thing they were saying.. they were getting closer and louder though, and as they got closer, he felt tremors and and ground shook beneath them.


- "Am I dreaming? They sound like Ayumi and Harumi.. but what the fuck?!" Said Mike, taken aback by the voices.


- "It's like they're speaking through a freaking stadium speaker.. they're much louder than I remember" agreed Jennifer.


Suddenly, the entire room shook like it was hit by an earthquake or by hurricane force winds, Jennifer barely squealed before they were bathed in bright light coming from above. They both looked up, and Jennifer screamed body murder as they both nearly fainted again.


The ceiling of the room was gone, replaced by the faces of Harumi and Ayumi, except they were blown up to incredible proportions.. it was like they were looking at faces on maybe billboards.. the 2 women wore a concerned look on their faces as they peered inside at their bewildered Airbnb hosts.


Harumi was the first to speak, in her usual calm and reassuring voice she said "Please calm down, Jennifer you don't need to scream, I know it's a lot to take in, but you have nothing to fear, no one is going to hurt you."


- "Yes little ones, I understand you must be confused and probably terrified, but you have nothing to fear from us." Joined Ayumi


Before Jennifer could say anything, Mike shouted "What the hell happened? How did you become so huge? Where are we?"


Ayumi tried to speak, but Harumi interrupted her saying "We're not huge honey, we might look big to you but we're still the same, you're the ones who got smaller."


Mike couldn't believe his ears "We're.. smaller?" He mumbled slowly.


- "You'll have to speak up a little if you want us to hear you clearly" replied Ayumi "but yeah, you pretty much shrunk down right in front of our eyes shortly after you blacked out."


- "We didn't know what to do immediately" said Harumi "we could see you were still alive and breathing, only much smaller. We didn't want you to wake up and see us immediately, so we decided to give you a minute together to collect yourselves, but we also didn't want you seeing your surroundings and then panicking and getting yourselves hurt, so we put you inside a cardboard box, and we were checking on you every 10 minutes."


- "How small are we? Can you please get us out of here?" Said Jennifer.


- "Sure darling. I'll pick you up gently and place you on the coffee table, hold still." Said Harumi.


Jennifer's eyes nearly bulged out as a huge hand as wide as she was tall came down and wrapped around her, the woman's grip on her was firm but not too tight. As she was hoisted up in the air, she could see Ayumi reaching in and picking up her boyfriend.


She was set down gently, and Ayumi threw aside the cardboard box. The couple watched in awe as the huge young woman effortlessly threw away what was essentially an entire room for them. The coffee table looked massive from their perspective, and the mother and daughter dominated their entire field of view.


They were suddenly snapped out of their trance by Harumi saying "Do you remember exactly what happened?"


- "Just the lightning strike" replied Mike "I think it hit the car, and then traveled to us, and we were both thrown away by it" he paused, still overwhelmed by the situation. Harumi nodded with a smile, encouraging him to continue. "I was knocked out for a few minutes, and then I was barely conscious, but I knew I had to check on Jennifer and get us out of the storm." He suddenly realized he could still hear the storm outside.


- "Yeah, the car became smaller too.. it's very strange. We looked out of the window and it was gone. We figured it likely became small too and Ayumi went to get it thinking there might be something in it that you'll need.. even tho I told her it was dangerous!"


- "I got it though. It's in my room"


- "Thank you.." replied Jennifer


- "Awww you're most welcome little lady!" Cooed Ayumi.


- "Yeah.. we could do without the little part" grumbled Mike.


- "Sorry" giggled Ayumi "you guys look way too adorable like this. We already measured you, you're about 4.35 inches tall Mike, and Jennifer is exactly 4 inches."


- "Anyway, I have no idea how a lightning strike could cause things to shrink down so much. We need to see a healthcare professional right away, could you please call 911 for us?" Interrupted Jennifer


- "We been talking about it while you guys slept.. I don't think emergency services would take a call telling them we have 2 shrunken people seriously.." said Ayumi "They will think it's a prank. We will take you to a hospital in the morning if you want"


Jennifer noticed how Ayumi added "if you want". She wasn't too concerned about it, thinking herself that there isn't exactly a protocol for what to do when someone shrinks down.


Mike looked at her with wide eyes "You gotta be kidding me" he muttered "we get to spend the night at the size of the fucking smurfs.."


...



"You're full already?? You surely don't eat much at this size" giggled Harumi.


The tiny couple were standing on the kitchen table now. Harumi thought they might be hungry and while they suddenly felt like their stomachs were completely empty after shrinking, they weren't too enthusiastic to eat. But Harumi insisted that they can't spend the rest of the day and the entire night on empty stomachs.


"What's this called again?" Asked Jennifer


"Sukiyaki" replied Ayumi, who was pouring herself a glass of diet coke while watching the tiny couple pick up food from the spoon her mother offered them. "Do you like it?"


Jennifer nodded silently, and watched as Ayumi walked away. The food looked like a one-pot dish of beef, vegetables, and tofu cooked with a sweet soy sauce broth. It was actually really good. She looked at her boyfriend, the entire time she could tell he was much more uneasy than her.


He suddenly looked up at Harumi and said "Harumi, can I please have something to drink?"


Harumi immediately nodded, smiling as always, and got up.. it was like watching a skyscraper come to life.. neither of the tiny couple had gotten used to it.


- "I'm sorry Jen" said Mike "This is entirely my fault."


- "What do you mean your fault? You made a mistake while programming a security system.. how were you supposed to know it will result in us becoming smurfs?"


- "I'm sorry and I'm happy you're taking this better than I am.. I just hope we'll get back to normal soon."


- "Either way, panicking and losing your shit won't fix anything"


Harumi was back with a glass of water "I think this might be too much at your size. This is the best thing I could come up with" she said as she filled a bottle cap halfway with water and gave it to him.